Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139814 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #480 on: August 02, 2011, 12:27:29 AM »
after a few false starts (read: deaths on S1) did a run of PoDD for the first time in...hell, probably a good year

one death on s2 mima, three on chiyuri, game over on yumemi

haaaaaaaaate

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #481 on: August 02, 2011, 08:16:42 AM »
Why am I having so much trouble with Four of a Kind and Kagome, Kagome? I've captured both of these before but I usually end up dying and bombing like twice in both of them on a typical run. This is why I just can't get past Counter Clock; I loose so many resources on those bloody cards. The fact that Maze of Love comes straight after doesn't help, either.

edit: ...IT WAS SO CLOSE ;A; 07 seconds on the timer for Ressurection Butterfly *DEAD*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:13:30 PM by Glimmery15 »

« Reply #482 on: August 02, 2011, 06:34:30 PM »
Medicine's poison and Reisen's distortion invincibility in StB made me take a break to avoid breaking something. Also: me playing PCB

Stage1: Too easy
Stage2: see stage1
Stage3: OK, getting a little harder, but still not to bad
Stage4: Merlin.. Why!
Stage5: GAMEOVER O_O YOOOOUUMUUUUU!
*sobs in corner*

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #483 on: August 02, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »
PCB Lunatic:
Stage 1: STOP DYING
Stage 2: Too easy, but bombed once on Chen's last spell because *too close to Chen when the first burst of bullets was fired*
Stage 3: Ok this is great for Hard difficulty, but really, a bit too easy
Stage 4: 2 deaths on post-Lily shit
Stage 5: Might as well use these bombs while I have them...
Stage 6 (stage portion): Ok ok so why did I just bomb there I totally could've dodged that nothing was even in my way urghhh
Stage 6 (boss portion): These hitboxes
Stage 6 (last spell): Too eas- WHAT

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #484 on: August 02, 2011, 10:03:44 PM »
Died 5 times against Remilia ;_;

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #485 on: August 03, 2011, 08:02:10 PM »
Enough scoring for one day.

I believe that says enough.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #486 on: August 05, 2011, 11:29:26 AM »
Okay Kappa's Porocca or whatever you are called. Stop killing me within 10 seconds only to let me perfectly dodge the remaining 30. Stop sending me through that stage again and again. Even the best of stages becomes no end of tedium when you need to go through them again and again everytime just to access a single spellcard. That's why Spell Practice owns. It prevents me from developing hate towards the stages.

Especially since Stage 4 in SA is pretty static for a difficult stage. And the midboss, idk is there anyone who knows of a feasible way to beat that fucker with MarisaC? Especially if you have under 4xx power? I'd love to see that if someone can.

-----------------

Okay. I suck really hard today. There is no limit to the amount of fail i'm producing here. Its like die 6 times on Byakuren, game over on Shou (in bloody stage practice. that would give you an idea about how much sucking went into that run), being completely unable to dodge through simple dodges at Kappa's Porocca and getting walled on any attempt that doesn't fail through my own stupidity.

Oh and Murasa would you stop spawning bullets in the path I need to take during your third card? That is fucking retarded. Other than that, I think I'll take a little break until school starts again. My brain hasn't been working properly for the majority of this vacation and I don't have any more fun games to play and since Touhou is hating me for the moment... I'm looking forward to going back to school.

Also really thirsting for some Ten Desires now. I desire something fresh to play. Something to hold my attention until Deus Ex HR comes out.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:37:11 PM by Zengeku »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #487 on: August 06, 2011, 02:59:43 PM »
EoSD Normal ReimuB 0/0 what

I mean OK I got 3/1 the next day but AAAAAAAGH

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #488 on: August 06, 2011, 03:26:24 PM »
OMG FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

died at dat yuyuko -.- with Sakuya B hard mode...must not be lazy and concentrate on first 3 stages and slack of the rest....

« Reply #489 on: August 07, 2011, 12:50:02 AM »
I finished a run of IN extra yesterday 1/3.

ONE.
THREE.

Barely scored over a billion.
Just piss off Fujiyama.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #490 on: August 07, 2011, 01:20:23 AM »
I finished a run of IN extra yesterday 1/3.

ONE.
THREE.

Barely scored over a billion.
Just piss off Fujiyama.
Hey, I often waste all of my resources at the end if that makes you feel better. Fujiyama is worse than Mokou Rings of Death to me and I never capture Possessed by Phoenix either, not to mention most of her later non-spells.

Speaking of which: obligatory (MANDATORY!) IN Extra Stage practice (can't ever get enough of IN's Extra!). I am repeating the stage portion ad infinitum just to refine and perfect it. Mostly the death fairy, though.
EX-Keine is my bitch now and my history of her spell cards is as good as that of Wriggle's first spell card on Normal. Then, finally, enlightenment comes as I bash my head against the death fairy over and over again and I start seeing a path through the hail of danmaku. Some repeats afterwards, I can consistently navigate that path without fail.
=D

Then I decide to try Mokou for a good measure. I die to her opener. Too surprised to even deathbomb.
D=
I was trying hard, but the entire run was derpy like that. I think I've only managed to capture Phoenix's Tail (luck-based, mostly) and Flaw of the Forgiving Shrine (n/c) (also I don't do Xu Fu's Dimension the cheesy way, or Woo).

So yeah, that practice did not do me any good. Now I don't really wanna bore myself to death doing the stage portion just to get to Mokou and practice fighting her a little. And frankly, it's all about fighting Mokou, not some lame fairies or EX-Keine who can't even cave you (never understood that little meme either).

EDIT: I tried to make it a little more clear that the "enlightenment" part was about figuring out how to beat the death fairy by dodging her attacks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:47:15 PM by Cadrin »

« Reply #491 on: August 07, 2011, 03:44:59 PM »
What do you mean the practice didn't do you any good? You got the entirity of the stage portion nailed didn't you? Since you are very motivated I'd suggest taking that motivation to spell practice. And don't just play her easy cards. Play her "difficult" ones. You will likely also reach enlightenment here. Fujiyama Volcano was a real bitch for me back in the day. Then I decided to do something about it and played it 70 times in spell practice. After that, it was piss easy.

I do understand your bit about Keine though. She is a perfect reason not to play that stage for score.

« Reply #492 on: August 07, 2011, 04:44:42 PM »
What exactly is wrong with Ex Keine in terms of scoring?

For me, the problems are

having to no death the stage or your score will likely suck.
Supergrazing Mokou's opener since she'll always ram me and I can't even get the timer anywhere near 0 while supergrazing.
I can't supergraze Possessed by phoenix
You have to capture Imperishable Shooting if you want a decent score

« Reply #493 on: August 07, 2011, 05:35:20 PM »
There isn't really anything particularly wrong with it but doing it well can be a bit tricky and having to time all of them out takes forever. And then what if you fuck up at some important score trick against Mokou? Then its EX-Keine all over again. That's annoying and it starts feeling like more of a test of persistence than a test of skill. ( I do realize that there is a lot of skill involved in IN scoring, just in case anyone misunderstands.)

Scoring in the main game is a little different. I don't have to learn scoring tricks to beat my own score since you are perfectly able to score at least 3 billion through simple survival play, capturing as many cards as possible and dying as little as possible. If you want to score more then scoring tricks will be necessary but its still a million times better than a score system where the runs in which the player dodges everything perfectly ends up with 70M while the runs where the player dodges pretty much nothing at all ends up with 300M. Here I'm of course speaking TD.

- I will give it the benefit of the doubt though. ZUN might realize that 'holy jesus, maybe having players bombing and trancing every single attack is not the best of ideas' and change it a little. Perhabs making trances harder to get or making it impossible to harvest souls while using bombs.

« Reply #494 on: August 07, 2011, 05:47:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure there's not enough time and graze in almost timing out all of Ex Keine's stuff to make it worth it, but it's not like I've actually checked.

« Reply #495 on: August 07, 2011, 08:16:11 PM »
Its been a while since last I saw a scoring run but iirc, Keine was timed out. The super grazing maintained the spellcard value and the grazing and time orbs gave their obvious benefits.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #496 on: August 07, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »
I have no clue how it even happened, but all of my Great Fairy Wars data is completely gone. And I finally got to extra mode after several hours of playing 6 boring stages.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #497 on: August 07, 2011, 11:20:48 PM »
Don't worry about it. You can have my data if you'd like. http://www.mediafire.com/?9ahhpqv27ako1q9

mikeKOSA

« Reply #498 on: August 08, 2011, 12:13:24 AM »
I was so fucking close on getting a MoF Ultra Lunatic 1cc it hurts. Just 2 more bombs damn it.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #499 on: August 08, 2011, 12:45:20 AM »
Don't worry about it. You can have my data if you'd like. http://www.mediafire.com/?9ahhpqv27ako1q9

Thanks for your help.... but there's no data in it.
Maybe its just my computer or something.

« Reply #500 on: August 08, 2011, 01:24:33 AM »
All praise Kanako, the god of wind and CLIPDEATHS!

Oh hi there Rice Porridge in Tube -clip-

Oh hi there third nonspell -clip-

Oh hi there knives during fourth nonspell -clip-

Oh hi there Miracle of Otensui -clip-

Just AGH. And don't even get me started on Misayama.

« Reply #501 on: August 08, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »
Thanks for your help.... but there's no data in it.
Maybe its just my computer or something.

Eh? Its the score.dat file. Its all you need. Just replace this file with your own and you'll have extra unlocked. Remember that the score.dat file is stored in your AppData/Roaming/ShanghaiAlice/th128 folder. (At least with Vista)

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2011, 09:44:31 PM »
Eh? Its the score.dat file. Its all you need. Just replace this file with your own and you'll have extra unlocked. Remember that the score.dat file is stored in your AppData/Roaming/ShanghaiAlice/th128 folder. (At least with Vista)

Hmmm, well that's the problem, I'm playing on a mac. Well, I'll figure something out.

« Reply #503 on: August 09, 2011, 10:06:56 PM »
I don't know anything about macs and as far as I can see, there is nothing about it in the readme. Well, when you play Mac you run the game through emulation right? I think I heard something about that before. Wine or something like that. Do you per chance have any idea where your replays are saved? Try running a search of your computer for replay files. That should lead you to where the dat. file needs to go.

Really though, I don't know anything about macs so if I haven't been helpful then I'm sorry but you are going to have to going to through things again.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #504 on: August 10, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »
Best MoF Normal ReimuB run in a while, beating my best by Stage 4. No death'd Stage 6 in its entirety except for a clipdeath in Otensui. Yes, I capped everything except for that. Broke 515m.

Rage goes where?

I LOST SIX LIVES ON STAGE 5 FOR NO DISCERNIBLE REASON. It just went so horribly I wasn't sure if I was still myself until s6.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #505 on: August 11, 2011, 11:56:44 AM »
Fuck you, Ran and your Fox Tanuki Laser and your Princess Tenko. Go die in a hole filled with fire.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #506 on: August 11, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »
Fuck you, Ran and your Fox Tanuki Laser and your Princess Tenko. Go die in a hole filled with fire.
Princess Tenko's annoying as heck, cuz the technique's not that hard, but if you mess up the timing you're totally screwed over...

Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser, on the other hand...Try staying higher up on the screen- about a little above halfway.  If you let her trap you down below, you'll probably get slaughtered.  Also, try to stay directly under her so her shots don't fire off at strange angles.  That tends to cause a huge issue.  Good luck!  =)

But yeah, Princess Tenko can die in a fire.  Not as much as CHARMING SIEGE FROM ALL SIDES though.  I despise that card sometimes.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #507 on: August 11, 2011, 04:18:26 PM »
Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser

Do that one trick with that spellcard. When Ran is about to fire the lasers, run to the top and circle around her to misdirect the bubble burst. You might have to move through a few lasers, which is normal.

« Reply #508 on: August 11, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »
Do that one trick with that spellcard. When Ran is about to fire the lasers, run to the top and circle around her to misdirect the bubble burst. You might have to move through a few lasers, which is normal.

Move through the lasers? I assume you don't mean the actual lasers, just the lines before they show up.
It's probably possible with the first bubble burst but can you do it with the next ones? My problem with this card is that the lasers always go diagonal on me so I end up running into them.

CHARMING SIEGE FROM ALL SIDES

I have a really on-off record with that card. I remember loosing 3 lives to it the first time I faced it and my last on Princess Tenko because I was startled when Ran teleported right on top of me. But yeah, I dislike that one too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:30:06 PM by Glimmery15 »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #509 on: August 11, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »
Move through the lasers? I assume you don't mean the actual lasers, just the lines before they show up.
It's probably possible with the first bubble burst but can you do it with the next ones? My problem with this card is that the lasers always go diagonal on me so I end up running into them.
Yeah, just wait directly above Ran, then circle around down when she fires the bubble burst. It's a bit hard to move back up, so just move through the lasers' "light bases" as it has no hitbox.

Ran teleported right on top of me
Ran has no collision hitbox on that spellcard. You are having bullets being spawned on you, that is why you died.