Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139816 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Zante

• A person with crazy ideas.
  • Mokou needs more love.
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2011, 10:21:13 PM »
Stories with Hourai doll.

First time I got to it, I lost when Mokou had 1/3 of her health left.
Second time I got to it, I had One life + The last life left. I had 2 bombs. But thanks to my father distracting me.. I lost.
Third time, no lives and 3 bombs. I lost when she had 1/2 Health left.

All that in the same day. Is it a problem If I want to break my keyboard in someone's head in real life?~
I wonder why people usually make Mokou have to pass through humiliating situations, just because she's tied up. I mean... she can burn it, can't she?
Well, I suppose trying to find logic in it makes no sense.

« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »
Combine not knowing proper UFO route meaning score will suck, screwing up Kogasa's spellcards, and sucking at Nue fight for whatever reason.

I'm at around 245 million or so and I haven't even cleared the stage yet today due to screw ups.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2011, 03:53:28 PM »
Finally, IaMP! Why did I never put any effort into this? I only played a friend's copy before.

Oh, that's right. I'm completely uncoordinated when it comes to fighting games and I'm even worse at this than I am with SWR/Soku. How do I not suck? I'm going to be awful even if I practice for a month.
Is this an accomplishment or a fail?
Would ya like me to drag out that image I have of me and Flan both dying at the same instant?

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2011, 10:05:16 PM »
Worst EoSD Extra run ever. Had way too many stupid deaths. Clipped a bullet on two of Flan's non-spells, didn't capture Silent Selene, and crashed into Flan right after capturing L?vatein. I only kept the run because I captured Royal Flare. I had bombs intact during almost all of those deaths.

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2011, 08:05:16 AM »
SA Extra.
90FPS.
ReimuC because she's the fastest and by obligation I have to use the fastest moving character. (Actually, it's because of Koishi's goddamn nonspells that move at mach 5)

I got to Subterranean Rose with 1 spare life and a total of 8 bombs.

I didn't use any bombs.

:colonveeplusalpha:

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »
UFO Byakuren's Great Magic: Devil's Recitation.
I always come close but end up getting trapped by the random bullets.

Also obligatory SHOUUUUUUUUUUUU and Star Maelstrom.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2011, 02:35:18 AM »
Tried UFO Hard again.

Playing at 90FPS hasn't done anything to improve here, though I captured more stuff than I usually do...
I game overed at Byakuren's first card.

Edit:
Time for real rage.
I try it with ReimuB.
I reach Byakuren with 7/4, I captured all of Shou's cards (Hard), Parasol Star Memories, Murasa's Survival...
I nudge the power cord and the power shuts off.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:05:27 AM by Fast Fanatic »

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2011, 04:05:56 AM »
I hate how you actually have to beat a stage to unlock it in stage practice mode. The reason I can't 1cc UFO on normal. ;-;
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2011, 04:08:46 AM »
We could lend a score.dat for stage practice~
And just backup your normal dat. for when you go for the win.

Edit: Not so much rage at Touhou, but at my computer again...
It's too shitty to record my UFO Hard 1cc without sound desyncs or lag or something ruining it.

I don't wanna ask other people if they can record it and make it pretty looking again...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:38:17 AM by Fast Fanatic »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2011, 10:57:58 AM »
We could lend a score.dat for stage practice~
And just backup your normal dat. for when you go for the win.

Edit: Not so much rage at Touhou, but at my computer again...
It's too shitty to record my UFO Hard 1cc without sound desyncs or lag or something ruining it.

I don't wanna ask other people if they can record it and make it pretty looking again...

If you want, I can record it for you (using Fraps and Windows Live Movie Maker) and upload it somewhere for you to download. Might not be able to do it until sometime tonight, though, since I exceeded my download limit and have to deal with 60kb/s right now, but using filehost services that shouldn't be a problem I think. Just give me a note if you need help and I'll get to it.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2011, 07:00:42 PM »
Just gonna leave this here. And I was moving away from the bullet too, so further "what the hell" ensued.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:23:58 PM by スカーレットの兄弟-XephyrEnigma »
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #193 on: May 28, 2011, 02:18:21 AM »
So I was working on a UFO run for the Tourney.
Derped a few times on Murasa and Kogasa, messed up a few UFOs, but nothing too bad.

Byakuren, with two bombs and one life.  Okay... not bad.  I bomb past the the two things I know I can't do - Star Maelstrom (after dying) and her Last noncard.  Then, I proceed to cheat death and capture Devil's Recitation for the first time (!!), then die to a clipdeath on Flying Fantastica.  NOOOOOOOOOO!

and it seems I should have saved a replay, since my score was decent >_>
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:21:42 AM by NEETori »

« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »
Geez, why is Mega Mari such a poorly made mess?

Its the only Touhou x Megaman game there is to my knowledge and they had to fuck up the concept so hard, that makes me sad.
Hard gameplay - that's what I want but unavoidable attacks? Not so much.

What do I mean by this? MY GOD, YUKARI SUCKS IN THIS ONE.  >:(

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2011, 10:24:41 PM »
Its the only Touhou x Megaman game there is to my knowledge.

Well there's also this.  :V

Hard gameplay - that's what I want but unavoidable attacks? Not so much.

What do I mean by this? MY GOD, YUKARI SUCKS IN THIS ONE.  >:(

Play better I guess.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »
If it helps any, the block patterns are completely static.  As far as I can tell the shikigami shots are pseudo-aimed - when Yukari spawns them they get your location at that point then take that as the first place to shoot at when they circle around to it.  Also there's a hidden mushroom in the void above the boss room.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2011, 11:55:32 PM »
Well there's also this.  :V

I would probably have been offended by that if i gave a damn about Megaman 1. Damn, that's stupid. But interesting to see nonetheless.

Play better I guess.

Yeah so the strategy involves tanking hits and using sub tanks? Ehh... yeah, quality game design there. Like in the rest of this game just with a little touch of Gate from X6, like the guy in the video mentions, with instant death pits and a combination of a really easy (to survive through) stage with a few trial and error elements here and there that you have to pass through everytime you run out of lives.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:57:19 AM by Zengeku »

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2011, 07:30:19 AM »
Playing for score in UFO is way more difficult than I imagined it would be.  Seriously, running on low resources vs. Shou is no fun >_<

Zante

• Mokou needs more love.
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2011, 10:03:43 AM »
I never even managed to beat Touhou 10 using continues on normal. But then, I tried it again(still on normal. I'm not very skilled...), and got to Kanako's last spellcard without using any continues at all. If I managed to beat her, that would mean = 1cc. But I failed, and my friend laughed at the face I made when I lost.
Oh well...
I wonder why people usually make Mokou have to pass through humiliating situations, just because she's tied up. I mean... she can burn it, can't she?

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2011, 01:43:38 AM »
Lost 3 lives to Meira >.<

Oh hai Remilia. Just as Red Magic's over, I lose my last life to a bullet. Go me!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:00:36 AM by Railtori Komeiji »

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

a_certain_kappa

• Science and Technology :3
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2011, 04:14:01 AM »
Never CC'd SA.
I AM SO PISSED. I mean, I CC'd all other Touhou games, why can't this one? Why?! It's like ZUN deliberately designed this thing to be a mean of torture to be used by the top secret Japanese Government Agencies. I swear, this game is not for the public, but instead is used to train Japanese Commandos to have a better hand-eye mechanism.

Isn't it bad enough that Okuu mercilessly attack you, with bullets coming from every conceivable angle? but you have to stay away from the 2 glowing red suns  that limit your movement to about 12.671 percent of the screen?! Everywhere you move, Komachi is waiting to take you to Sanzu River! Yes, that is how far I've gotten into the game. Pathetic, I know. It's like I'm playing in Hell, literally.
And that is not the final spellcard?! What, you mean there's more?! Like that's not hard enough, and you need to programme one more spellcard that will undoubtedly be harder that the last one.

At least the game have the courtesy of giving you unlimited continues.
Continuing...?
Yeah, I have to use continues to even get pass Orin. Even if Hina don't visit me and I got lucky and don't use it, I will be ill-equipped to face Okuu. I never use continue to beat other Touhou games!
In other Touhou games, you get to continue from where you die. But this game just says "No, that won't do. It will be too easy". It's like the designer thinks "Hmm... let them continue where they die? No, that would be too easy". Is he a masochist?!

How on Earth can you beat that bloody Raven. And that Cat keep taking my life like crazy. I know that's her role, but can't she makes an exception sometimes.

Oh, I never played Easy-Modo by the way. That's for elementary school students.

And I was just fooling around. Except for that bloody raven.

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2011, 07:54:55 AM »
^That's pretty much what I was thinking when I was trying to 1cc SA. The good and bad news is, it's probably the hardest game out of the series. (closely followed by UFO) It does help to look at replays of the game. That's how I managed to limit my losses on stage 5 to 1 life.

But yeah, I feel your pain. I think that ZUN literally wanted to create hell (since that's the theme of the game after all) by boosting the difficulty of the game.
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2011, 01:02:25 PM »
(closely followed by UFO)

Whut? SA's like a cakewalk compared to UFO. You get three times as many bombs and a huge amount of lives. Some even says that UFO Hard is harder than some games on Lunatic.

Oh, I never played Easy-Modo by the way. That's for elementary school students.

That's an awesome attitude. Keep it going.
Also. Upload replays.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »
Geez, why do I keep insisting on playing Touhou when in this state?

Oh yeah, because I'm a stubborn bastard. ::)

I need to sleep more.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »
"Gah, I can't beat Stage 4 anymore. Well, a bit of practice mode should fix tha-"

[Stage 3 000000000]
[Stage 4 ---------]
[Stage 5 ---------]

;_;

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2011, 10:55:47 PM »
"Gah, I can't beat Stage 4 anymore. Well, a bit of practice mode should fix tha-"

[Stage 3 000000000]
[Stage 4 ---------]
[Stage 5 ---------]

;_;
Your avatar is too fitting for that post.

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2011, 11:27:15 PM »
It's my first time playing Touhou in nearly forever, it's 1am, I'm dizzy and using an alien keyboard and a small laptop screen in bed... ideal conditions for IN Lunatic in other words! I mysteriously play very well, bombing everything that comes within five inches of my character, and I get 1.2b on leaving Marisa with 4 or 5 lives left...

And then I completely forget what stage 5 is all about, bomb multiple times on the stage, die on Tewi and blow all my bombs on her, bomb some more, deathbomb Reisen's first (seriously, with Border Team!), but still, I get to stage 6 3/2 which should be very doable... uh oh not if we waste three bombs on Eirin, three bombs on Kaguya's second non-spell, and bombs on literally everything else she's got :s

Still, 1/1 on Life Spring Infinity means it's a guaranteed clear, right? Hey let's use the wrong bomb at the wrong time, then die, and then courageously bomb spam Hourai Jewel since it's all it takes mathematically... if you don't fail the streaming after your last bomb, and game over about three seconds away from a 1cc. 2.2b or some such, I don't even want to know how much the clear bonus would've been :s

At least it's nice to know I can still play, if my playing conditions are sufficiently suboptimal :o 3b should be very doable if I get drunk...

Zante

• Mokou needs more love.
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2011, 12:40:25 AM »

[Stage 3 000000000]
[Stage 4 ---------]
[Stage 5 ---------]

;_;

Same thing happened to me, but on MOF, with Stage 6... Oh well.

« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2011, 12:41:33 AM »
Finally, IaMP! Why did I never put any effort into this? I only played a friend's copy before.

Oh, that's right. I'm completely uncoordinated when it comes to fighting games and I'm even worse at this than I am with SWR/Soku. How do I not suck? I'm going to be awful even if I practice for a month.Would ya like me to drag out that image I have of me and Flan both dying at the same instant?

http://mauve.sandwich.net/iamp/how-to-not-fail-at-iamp.txt

Play better I guess.

there's also this video, which was made before :D
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.