Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 225729 times)

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #540 on: January 30, 2015, 11:31:57 PM »
Hm...you aren't using AppLocale either, right? The Barrier Keys do require you to search high and low for them, and there are 5 in total (you start with one, the other 4 must be found). They shouldn't be too hard to find though.

I Game Over'ed multiple times looking for keys, until I found out that I had to talk to certain fairies and learned to exit, save, and restock frequently.

And I'm not using AppLocale since I have Japanese as the default.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #541 on: January 30, 2015, 11:35:57 PM »
Yeah, I intentionally made it so that you HAD to check fairies for keys (of course, those being the ones that don't move at all. If they're moving, they generally aren't carrying anything here). I believe 2 fairies have a key, one is held by another person, and one is hidden in a barrel.

Hm...yeah, dunno if it likes being in Japanese locale or not, not sure about that. But if the music is suddenly working as it should then there shouldn't be any issue now I hope.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #542 on: January 31, 2015, 03:13:29 AM »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #543 on: February 06, 2015, 02:33:49 PM »
Geez, is it supposed to be so hard to level up? I ran through the first dungeon (Misty Lake?) many times and barely got one level on Reimu. After hitting 7, it takes over 5000 exp to get to level 8, and enemies in Misty Lake and Forest of Magic barely give 200 exp, and some of the fights really annoying without any AoE spells (Reimu, Cirno, Aya). Maybe I'm missing something...

« Reply #544 on: February 06, 2015, 07:33:08 PM »
You shouldn't really need to grind extra levels to move forward in the plot. However, if you feel the need to get some extra EXP you can go to the Forest of Magic at any point. When you get your first proper AoE spells you can try beating the notorious monsters in the Forest of Magic hard path, they give quite good money and EXP at the beginning.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #545 on: February 06, 2015, 08:01:11 PM »
You get your AoE spells for Cirno and Aya immediately after getting Aya if you go back to Human Village and get skills for them. Shops do change after specific events so gotta keep that in mind. But yeah, the EXP system in the game isn't the greatest as it uses 2k3's default EXP system which is utter garbage. There's no nice way to deal with it either...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #546 on: February 06, 2015, 10:04:10 PM »
Currently trying to redo first boss fight. This is what I have so far (might make a blog specifically for updating enemies/bosses, but for now I'll post this here so maybe I can get some feedback here. I never get feedback on my blog posts so...yeah):

Cirno (Pure attacker):

Attack
Diamond Blizzard: 150 Ice-elemental damage to party.
Minus K: AoE Freeze
Icicle Fall: ~60-80 Ice-elemental damage to one target + chance of Freeze.

Daiyousei:

Attack
Heal: Restores 40 HP to party
Reflect: Reflects all skills.
Regenga: Regen to party (Regen restores 5% Max HP every turn. This includes ALL turns)
Blink: Avoids all regular attacks.
Cure: Restores 150 HP to one ally.
Life: Revives KO'd ally with 25% Max HP. Only used if Cirno is dead.
Slow: Halves target's speed.

And since enemy types are all going to get innate abilities, this is what Cirno/Daiyousei would get.

Fairy: Auto-Life after X amount of turns. HP set to 50% of Max HP.

(Note: Still a WIP. Not sure how many turns should pass, and not sure on innate weaknesses/strengths to statuses/elements either yet, or if any other abilities. Fairies are generally strong only in numbers).

Since it's the first actual boss fight of the game, I still want it to be easy but also challenging while not being overly tough. The enemies will NOT change at all and will still be tutorial-like enemies (Fairies still use basic Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Aero/Water/Cure spells, Hornets still either attack or inflict Poison with Poison Needle, Alligators still have high strength and HP, but are still easily beaten, Eagles still attack and Dive, and Water Toads still only use Water or Attack. Nothing too powerful here). As they are right now, they're TOO easy to beat and require no strategy.

Here? Cirno is meant as a check to see if the player actually bought any Barettes (Halves Ice-elemental damage and prevents Freeze), while Daiyousei is a check to see if the player is smart enough to take her out first before taking out Cirno. I may also make it so that if Cirno dies first, Daiyousei will flee from the fight (she essentially gives up), but not sure if I will do that yet.

The problem right now is the Reflect/Blink combo, as if both are on any single target, that'll make the fight exceptionally hard (can't hit with skill due to Reflect, can't hit with regular attacks due to Blink). Not sure if one or the other should go. Note that you only have Reimu and Marisa at this point in the game, though if Marisa hit either of them with a Master Spark (75% chance of doing so), it's essentially a OHKO on them (however, it costs 90% of her Max MP to use it at level 1...). Originally, Daiyousei had Bravega/Protectga/Faithga too, but seeing as stat buffs in 2k3 are generally useless, she lost those.

Any suggestions/feedback/criticisms on this? It's important to me as I want to make the game more challenging (at least more fun and unique for battles anyways) without making it boring or too difficult. I can only do so much on my own. >_<

Yes, I finally got back to this game after 8 weeks or longer. Took that long just to finish the Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem LP, oi vey...

« Reply #547 on: February 07, 2015, 04:40:30 AM »
Hey, the first dungeon experience wasn't too bad, the only part where I actually got bored was the lack of any AoE spells on the first time through with Reimu/Marisa (Maybe you could purchase some before going to Misty Lake? I didn't see any skill books in Kirisame's shop on my first visit to the human village), so fighting the group of 5 birds/wasps was extremely boring, even more so since the ATB tend to be a bit on the slow side, and I tend to just run away from those.

« Reply #548 on: February 07, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
I must say, this sounds very interesting, and forcing you to defeat one opponent before defeating the other does give that battle the needed strategy.
More importantly, though: I'm surprised that you have the patience to work with something as limited as RPG Maker 2k3 (but knowing me, I would try to remake an old game, which was made with an older RPG Maker, anyway).
BTW, recognize me? It's me, Trinitronity from MFG! Nice to meet you here, Xenomic!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #549 on: February 11, 2015, 05:29:10 AM »
Huh. For some reason, I never got any emails of replies here. Weird...

@Nightblade96: There aren't any AoEs until later on in the game, after you get Aya and Cirno in your party. Once you get those two, THEN you start getting some AoEs going. I felt having AoEs too early on didn't feel right (and I need to readjust the MP costs of AoEs as they're almost better to use than single-target stuff even against single-targets). Master Spark was considered to be AoE a while back, but I didn't know if that was a good idea or not. I still want it to have the same stats and whatnot so...that's a big problem in itself. Do you guys think Marisa's Sparks should be AoE at all? Excluding Narrow Spark of course. Also, there are skill books in the human village, you have to check the books themselves. I think the shopkeeper even mentions this? They're to the left/right of the shopkeeper).

I wish I could do something about the ATB but there's not a whole lot I CAN do sadly. >_<

@TrinitroReisen: Oh why hi there! Didn't expect to see you here at all heh. I've been working with 2k3 for the past 6-7 years now. Many have tried to get me to go with XP/VX/VXAce, but when they started bugging me about that, I was already 50% done with the entire game and didn't want to redo everything in another maker (can't just simply export maps and events from 2k3 to those...), so decided to stick with 2k3. For as limiting as it may be, DynRPG and whatnot has made it a lot more flexible (in fact, you'd be surprised at the kind of things you can do with 2k3 heh).

As Cirno/Daiyousei stands right now, Daiyousei will pretty much attack 100% of the time (she has Heal that's set to like 50% of the time too, but only when her HP is 25% or less, and she's usually dead before Heal ever happens). Cirno meanwhile still uses Icicle Fall, but also uses Icicle Attack (same thing pretty much) and regular Attack. Not the most exciting first boss in the world, and doesn't set the stage for what's to come in the game.

Also, I'm hearing people saying this game is pretty hard. What do you guys, whom have played the game through or some of the way, think of this? Do you think it holds true right now in the current version or not?

In other news, some more data! These are some other adjustments that may come to bosses as well. The Mystia/Rumia fights I feel are perfectly fine and don't need touched (maybe a set AI pattern for them? Not sure yet), and Marisa is Marisa, she's supposed to wipe the floor with you. So moving past Marisa, this is what I have for the next set of bosses.

Meiling: Give her Chakra (Restores 10% Max HP when used). Use Chakra every other turn, and between those have her use another attack. Meiling originally was to be the first boss whose skillset changed depending on the party's average level. She has a weaker version of Selaginella 9 (Gorgeous Sweet Flower) that does 150 Earth damage to everyone instead of the 300 that Selaginella does, but since your party never is below an average level of 7 (because of Cirno coming at level 9), this never happens. I'd like to still do a boss whose strengths and strategies change depending on the player's average level, but not sure how to do that yet. Otherwise, Meiling remains identical to how she normally is, bar the addition of Chakra. Note, she has 2500 HP, so Chakra heals 250 HP every time it's used. The break between attacks is to give the player time to heal up and prepare for whatever else Meiling will do, seeing as her attacks generally wreck the crap out of the party (Flying Flower Kick and Selaginella 9 in particular). She does still have Rainbow Wind Chime too for healing, so there's that!

Patchouli: While above 50% Max HP, loop spells in order of: Agni Shine > Spout > Dew Spear > Autumn Edge > Spring Wind. When 50% HP or less, loop spells in order of: Agni Shine > Silent Selene > Spout > Royal Flare > Dew Spear > Satellite Sunflower > Autumn Edge > Spring Wind. When under 25%, add Philosopher's Stone to end of list.

Sakuya: At 20-25% HP, uses Sakuya's World for 2 free turns.

In addition to the bosses so far (trying to figure out what to do with both of Reisen's boss fights to make her more unique/interesting), here's the updates that may come to specific enemy types!

Fairy: Auto-Life after X amount of turns. HP set to 50% of Max HP.

Plant: Auto-Regen. Weak vs. Fire/Wind. Absorb vs. Earth. Immune vs. Poison.

Youkai: Weak vs. Holy/Mystic.

Human: Weak vs. Poison.

Flying: Weak vs. Gravity. Absorb vs. Wind. Immune vs. Earth (only in air; otherwise, weak vs. Earth).

Undead: Weak vs. Holy. Absorb vs. Shadow/Poison. Immune vs. Instant Death.

Magician: Strong vs. Magic.

Dragon: Strong vs. Physicals.

Machine: Instant Death if MP is 0. Weak vs. Thunder.

Beast:

Insect:

God:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:33:48 AM by Xenomic »

« Reply #550 on: February 11, 2015, 10:55:35 AM »
Also, I'm hearing people saying this game is pretty hard. What do you guys, whom have played the game through or some of the way, think of this? Do you think it holds true right now in the current version or not?

I think the people who complain about the difficulty in this game haven't played a lot of the other Touhou RPG's. Apart from having an unfortunate encounter with a notorious monster there's nothing too difficult to defeat. Early game tends to be harder since you have less options to make your party and are stuck with certain unimpressive characters (not a fan of Reimu's skills).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #551 on: February 11, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »
Hmm...guess I'll have to change the enemies for certain then to provide some form of challenge for certain! At least I'm on my way to doing that...though it's gonna take an awfully long while to do what with working on beta5 stuff in particular (and I'd like to get beta6 and 7 done too before I start doing enemies and bosses just so mapping and eventing are out of the way. Beta8 is pure sidequest stuff so I'm not too worried about that right now).

Speaking of sidequest stuff, everyone from Touhou 13 on up are pretty much relegated to sidequest material (bar Kyouko since she's playable a couple times in the game), so don't expect them to appear in the story as important characters or whatnot! Also, final parts of sidequests are all named after the game titles (for instance, the final SDM sidequest is named Embodiment of Scarlet Devil in the sidequest board area). There's a good reason for this, but I'll go into that at a later date.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #552 on: March 04, 2015, 09:16:44 PM »
Howdy all! It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, don't worry, I've been working on the game. In fact, I got these events done now so I can actually work on the next dungeon's script, which shouldn't take too long (also moved one of the cutscenes from the end of beta4 to the end of the first downtime event. Will probably do this for other cutscenes as well to lessen how long the beta4 ending is). In addition to this, here's what's new:

Movesets for bosses:

Pestilence:

- Bad Breath: Chance to inflict blind, silence, poison, and slow on one target.
- Wither Shot: Single target phys damage + fear status.
- MP Drainkiss: Drains HP and MP from one target.
- Stone Breath: AOE petrify + earth damage.  Uses a battle event to inflict petrify, so it'll never hit more than three of your four characters.
- Shatter: Deals heavy earth damage to all petrified characters, and de-petrifies them.
- Pox Detonate: Deals damage to each character based on how many ailments are afflicting them.  Used frequently (but not always) on rounds 10X, 11X, 12X, which should effectively work like a two round cooldown on the skill, but sometimes make it take longer to get used.
- Uses her limit break when below 25% HP.

Death:

- Gates of Hades: AOE fire damage
- Light of Penance: Single target holy damage
- Lifebreak: Deals 4% as much damage as Minus Strike to one target.
- Life Ruin: Halves a target's max HP.
- Traveler: Damage dealt = # of steps taken by player/32. Or something like that.
- Reap: Deals single target damage equal to the target's current HP, and heals Death by that amount.  Effectively an instant death drain attack.  Used very rarely, a maximum of twice during the battle (use a high MP cost to limit this)
- Doom: Battle Event.  Any time a character is revived, Death responds by inflicting Doom status on them.

Order:

- Attacks in a set pattern.
- Holy: Uses on her first turn.  Single-target holy magic.
- Shadow Flare: Used on her second turn.  Single-target dark magic.
- Meltdown: Used on her third turn.  Single-target fire magic + deprotect.
- Freeze: Used on her fourth turn.  Single-target ice magic + freeze.
- Tornado: Used on her fifth turn.  Lowers a single target's HP to 1.
- On her sixth turn, she enacts a random law.
- Ultima: Used on her seventh turn.  AOE non-elemental damage.
- When below 25% HP, after using Ultima, she will use Seraphic Law (or whatever it gets renamed to) before starting her cycle over.

- Laws: When Order enacts a law it replaces the previous law, if there was one.  The current law is displayed in the corner of the screen by changing the battleback.  If the party breaks a law, their MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: Revival: Any time a character is revived, the party's MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: Buffs: Any time a character is buffed by a beneficial status effect, the party's MP is reduced to zero.  (Feel free to cut this one out if it's too much work to keep track of.)
- Forbidden: Items: Any time a character uses the Item command, the party's MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: Normal Attacks: Any time a character uses the Attack command, the party's MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: Expensive MP Costs: Any time a character spends more than 50 MP at a time, the party's MP is reduced to zero.

During the optional battle with Order Complete, she no longer uses Forbidden: Revival and Forbidden: Expensive MP Costs.  Instead she uses two new laws:
- Forbidden: Healing: Any time a character is healed, the party's MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: MP Costs: Any time a character spends any amount of MP, the party's MP is reduced to zero.

In fights you cannot win, use Forbidden: Damage on turn one.

In addition to these (which are not implemented in the game yet), Remilia now has a new overworld passive:

OVERWORLD:
*Regeneration: Restores 1% Max HP to Remilia after every 50 steps taken.

OVERWORLD UPGRADES:

*Regeneration Level 2: Restores 5% Max HP to Remilia after every 50 steps taken.
*Regeneration Level 3: Restores 10% Max HP to Remilia after every 50 steps taken.

It's basically Patchouli's Mana Reserves (MP Stroll), but for HP instead (HP Stroll). In addition to this, I am thinking of making Auto-Potion (When damaged by anything, uses lowest healing item possible if HP lost is equal to specific values. For instance, if HP lost is at least 100, P will be used but if HP lost is more than 100, but less than 501, Lapis will be used), Auto-Med (Automatically uses corresponding status healing items when characters are inflicted with statuses. If too many are on one character, Faith is used instead which is normally only used by Sanae), and Auto-Phoenix (automatically uses lowest revival items available. If multiple characters are KO'd, will use lowest AoE revival items available) equipment abilities for characters (in particular, Nitori, Yumemi, and Reisen respectively). I'm not sure how well these can be coded, and it'll take some time to do, but do you guys think these would be worth having?

In addition, Spellspring MAY become a status as well (No MP Cost is what it is. I'd have to do it in a bizarre way though in which when MP is spent, it'll restore MP back to whatever the MP cost is at the time the status is inflicted. It's No MP Cost, but without making MP costs 0. Still have to have the MP to use things is all, and freezes MP at the state it would normally be in). Not sure if this should be given to any character right now or not, or make it an equipment ability from weapons.

That is all for now! May have some new images for the components to use for facesets too~

« Reply #553 on: March 05, 2015, 10:06:54 AM »
these would be worth having?

What this game has set itself apart from other games so far is how item dependent the battles are. So in that sense having another way of using items would fit in the game pretty well.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #554 on: March 05, 2015, 10:11:15 AM »
Speaking of items, I've been contemplating having special battle items for various abilities, like a Haste Mote (Casts Haste on a target) and the like (I forget what all I was going to have, but there's that for instance). Dunno if I WILL do that or not, since there's enough items in the game, and a lot would probably be just crafting items so...

« Reply #555 on: March 05, 2015, 04:13:22 PM »
More items -> more time spent scrolling down to use your skill upgrade scrolls. I really hope you can come up with some way to make upgrading skills not involve scrolling down the inventory for several seconds every single time you use a scroll.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #556 on: March 05, 2015, 07:35:18 PM »
I was thinking of making it so that whenever you get a skill scroll, the game would automatically use the scroll (if possible) to upgrade the skill. Would take a bit of work to get it working right, assuming it doesn't lag the game when it's done, but...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #557 on: May 02, 2015, 12:33:46 AM »
Oh my, been quite a while since my last post! I apologize for that folks, been having computer issues here and there (possible HDD or other hardware failure) so that's drained a bit of my motivation to work on the game a little, in addition to trying to keep up with Let's Plays for my Smashfest amongst other things. ^^;

So this is something that I need to get around to. LockeZ has helped with revamping some bosses, which I have yet to actually get around to touching, but overall just about every fight in the game needs retweaked so that they're not...all the same. This may also blend in with fixing characters and their abilities too (I kinda feel like I made AoE skills too cheap...but doing MP costs accordingly to level is hard!). I am looking for anyone who is willing to help brainstorm and fix up the enemies (and possibly playable characters as well) so that the game is more challenging and interesting to play. That is all really, nothing too major. I would be revamping these right away, but I am also in the midst of doing dialogue for beta5 so to speed that up. Eventually the ideas and whatnot will be implemented into the game, but not at the current time. Still...hearing inputs and the like on various enemies and bosses would be swell.

I suppose what I can do is list a boss/enemy, or the enemies and their groups in an area, and let you guys discuss them and try to come up with solutions for fixing them up? I guess with that said, I'll start with the initial area of the game, Misty Lake:

Spoiler:
0001: Eagle
Level: 4
Max HP: 65
Max MP: 25
Attack: 58
Defense: 20
Magic: 20
Speed: 45
EXP: 40
Yen: 35
Item: P (50%)
Steal: Feather (50%)
Master Thief Steal: Large Feather (25%)
Bribe: Feather x8
Morph:
Critical Hit %: 0%
Condition Resist:
   Death: B
   Poison: B
   Blind: B
   Silence:B
   Berserk: B
   Confusion: B
   Sleep: B
   Paralyze: B
   Haste: B
   Amnesia: B
   Regen: B
   Protect: B
   MP Regen: B
   Venom: B
   Blink: B
   Petrify: B
   Freeze: B
   Slow: B
   Stop: B
Attribute Resist:
   Attacks: C
   Pierce: C
   Blunt: C
   Slash: C
   Fire: B
   Ice: B
   Thunder:B
   Water: B
   Earth: D
   Wind: E
   Holy: B
   Shadow: B
   Physical: C
   Exorcist: C
   Magic: C
   Ghost: C
   Absorb: C
   Cure: C
Attacks:
  Attack  (50)
  Beak (48)

0002: Fairy
Level: 2
Max HP: 80
Max MP: 100
Attack: 50
Defense: 20
Magic: 50
Speed: 38
EXP: 90
Yen: 42
Item: Fairy Dust (20%)
Steal: P (75%)
Master Thief Steal: Lapis (50%)
Bribe: Lapis
Morph:
Critical Hit %: 20%
Condition Resist:
   Silence: B
Attribute Resist:
   Wind: A
   Magic: D
Attacks:
   Attack (10)
   Fire (10)
   Blizzard (10)
   Thunder (10)
   Aero (10)
   Water (10)
   Cure (10)

0003: Hornet
Max HP: 45
Max MP: 24
Attack: 69
Defense: 22
Magic: 10
Speed: 44
EXP: 35
Yen: 16
Item: Antidote (60%)
Steal: P (50%)
Master Thief Steal: Lapis (25%)
Bribe: Antidote x2
Morph:
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
   Thunder: A
Attacks:
   Attack (30)
   Poison Needle (28)
   Poison (28)

0004: Water Toad
Max HP: 56
Max MP: 80
Attack: 72
Defense: 50
Magic: 24
Speed: 36
EXP: 35
Yen: 32
Item: Frog Skin (30%)
Steal: Antidote (40%)
Master Thief Steal: Apple Gel (20%)
Bribe: P x4
Morph:
Condition Resist:
   Amnesia: E
Attribute Resist:
   Fire: C
   Ice: A
   Thunder:A
   Water: E
   Earth: B
   Wind: B
Attacks:
   Attack (20)
   Blizzard (20)
   Water (20)

0005: Alligator
Max HP: 145
Max MP: 10
Attack: 150
Defense: 80
Magic: 10
Speed: 30
EXP: 200
Yen: 24
Item: Lapis (30%)
Steal: Water Gem (20%)
Master Thief Steal: Water Gem x2 (10%)
Bribe: Water Gem x2
Morph:
Critical Hit %: 25%
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
   Fire: C
   Ice: A
   Earth: B
Attacks:
   Attack (50)
   Double Attack (49)

0006: Daiyousei
Max HP: 550
Max MP: 300
Attack: 82
Defense: 5
Magic: 25
Speed: 40
EXP: 0
Yen: 400
Item: Lapis (100%)
Steal: B (60%)
Master Thief Steal: Oni Wine (30%)
Bribe: None
Morph: None
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
   Fire: A
   Ice: E
   Water: E
Attacks:
   Attack (50)
   Heal (40; Only used when Daiyousei's HP is below 45% HP)

0007: Cirno
Max HP: 550
Max MP: 999
Attack: 94
Defense: 28
Magic: 29
Speed: 36
EXP: 0
Yen: 800
Item: B (100%)
Steal: Lapis (50%)
Master Thief Steal: Large P (25%)
Bribe: None
Morph: None
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
   Fire: A
   Ice: E
   Water: D
Attacks:
  Attack  (45)
   Icicle Fall (40)
   Icicle Attack (40)

The main premise behind Misty Lake is to be a tutorial dungeon really. It's relatively short and the enemies aren't meant to be super tough or anything (you come through here initially with only two party members, both of which can generally OHKO any enemy short of the Alligator in one hit). Overall gimmick of each enemy, and what they're meant to be tutorial on, are as follows:

Fairy: Basic elemental magic, to get the player somewhat used to the elemental stuff, including resistances towards them (Marisa halves Magic damage naturally for now, but that may change).
Hornet: Standard enemy that attacks quickly and generally inflicts Poison. Usually attacks in groups of 3 or 5. Just an introduction to quick enemies and enemies that like to use status attacks, and whether or not the player comes prepared with status healing items or status preventing equipment.
Water Toad: Just a generic Water-elemental enemy, just there to get the player used to using elemental weaknesses to their advantage (Marisa is Lightning-elemental, making her strong against Water-elemental enemies but in turn she takes double damage from Water-elemental attacks).
Eagle: Generic enemy that just uses physical attacks, and usually attacks in groups of 3 or 5. Nothing special here, generally there to see how players handle large groups of enemies that are quick with physicals.
Alligator: Strong physical based enemy, the starting Notorious Monster of the game (rare monsters that are super powerful for the area the player visits). Not too difficult in terms of fighting, but hits pretty hard and has high stats in comparison to every other normal monster in the area.

With that said and done, let's talk about the bosses:

Daiyousei: Standard support unit, but as she stands right now she doesn't do much other than attack. See below for LockeZ's and my suggested update to her.
Cirno: Standard offensive unit. Is a check to see if the player brought the Barrette helmet or Anti-Freeze items to prevent/cure Freeze status. Nothing else too special about her right now.

So that's the first area in a nutshell. As for the suggested changes to the bosses? This is what is in mind:

Cirno: Goes Berserk when Daiyousei dies. Hit rate goes down as well but gains Haste.

Attack
Diamond Blizzard
Minus K
Icicle Fall

Daiyousei: Runs away when Cirno is dead and has no MP to revive her.

Attack
Heal
Regenga
Cure
Life
Slow

This is also keeping innate enemy species abilities in mind. For Fairy type enemies (in this instance, the Fairy, Daiyousei, and Cirno), have innate Auto-Life, where after X turns (X has not been defined yet), they will revive with 50% Max HP.

That is all! Any suggestions or fixes you have in mind for these enemies, or anything to ask or discuss, feel free to do so! I hope that some of ya'll would be interested in helping on this bit, as I feel it's one of the aspects of the game that kinda suffers a bit. ^^;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #558 on: May 12, 2015, 09:35:22 PM »
I'll get back to posting more enemies/bosses data for updating (though seems nobody is interested in that bit...), but thought I'd at least share these, if I haven't yet. I'm sure I have, but nonetheless, I present all of the Fragments of Pandora, all on one spritesheet!

These were all done by the wonderfully talented HyperCombinationFinish/AudioVisual, which I really REALLY appreciate him taking time to do all of these for me. Wish I could talk to the guy more, don't know what happened to him...

From left to right, for those who don't know, they are: Hope, Fate, Chaos, Order, Gloom, Death, Pestilence, and Pandora.

In other news, game progress has been relatively slow. All events up to the second Pandaemonium downtime event have been done, which in all honesty isn't that much. This does not include enemies and bosses of course, as those will come after finishing all maps and eventing, and this doesn't include shops or inventory either, which will also come afterwards. I am still in the midst of figuring out what to do with events and dialogues, since those are taking the most time in setting up. I am also still waiting on a map from pianotm so that I can check it out and see if everything works out fine and dandy, as well as set up the events there. I also need to still finish beta5 maps, as well as get the maps for the rest of the game done. If anyone is willing to help out in that regard, that would be fantastic. As well as fixing old enemies and bosses so that they require strategy and aren't "Just uses random skills" as they are now.

« Reply #559 on: May 28, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »
Hey, I sorta ran into a problem at Eientei(1st visit)

During the 5 puzzles, I left the timed puzzle one before the timer ran out(I was gonna save and come back since I wasn't sure what it was at the time)
The tile in the middle of the room isn't reappearing so I can't get the key.

Also, for the 3 vases puzzle, I can't put anything in the middle pot.
It always says there's something in there, even when I choose to take whatever it is out, so I can't get that key either.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #560 on: June 04, 2015, 08:26:57 AM »
Eh?? Why aren't I getting email notifications of getting replies here anymore?? .=.

@Darku: Eh? Hmm...strange, I'm not having any issues on my end. You have the latest version of the game, correct? If not, try getting the latest version and see if that fixes it. If not, then I'll just have to upload what I have.

For anyone that is still interested in this game/playing this game, who would be interested in checking out what's in beta5 so far (in terms of maps and storyline)? Some battles are not set up yet, and those in beta5 still need testing and updated (as with all other battles in the game), so having someone check those out would be helpful in addition to making sure the dialogue fits the characters and whatnot. It is spoilerish but that's to be expected with testing out the game. I can give access to the various maps via the debug room, for those interested in checking the dungeons out at the very least.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:28:55 AM by Xenomic »

« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2015, 03:01:15 PM »
Yep, I downloaded directly from the link on the first post.
Honestly don't know if I messed it up by sheer bad luck or something

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #562 on: June 06, 2015, 04:51:00 AM »
I honestly can't say either. The coding is set to remove the timer when you leave the room and reset the variable for the switch so that it shows back up. Dunno what's up with that other one though...

Did you get the update patch? The original is 9/5/2014, while the latest update patch says 1/29/2015 (well, the REAL latest one says 5/1/2015...). Those might help with your problems.

« Reply #563 on: June 07, 2015, 05:07:36 AM »
Yeah, I got 'em.
I hadn't checked on this game in a while and ended up losing my saves, so I replayed a while ago and found these bugs.

As for the jar, as soon as I interacted with it I instantly pressed x w/o waiting for the options to load so maybe that has something to do with it:

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #564 on: June 08, 2015, 05:07:14 AM »
Well, let me know if those bugs happen again or not with the newest update patch there (the 5/1/2015 one). If it still persists, then I'll have to look through the game again myself. I need to play through the game again myself and get myself a legit save file for beta5. I still need to redo enemies and bosses too, so if you have any suggestions for any of them, feel free to let me know. For instance, the Fairy Maid and Scarlet Maid enemies will probably no longer use the spells they do, and instead use various household items against the player as well as food to restore their own HP. Or they may use a mix of them, I haven't decided yet. The fairy species generally use a lot of elemental magic as it is so there's that...hmmm.

« Reply #565 on: June 09, 2015, 04:15:23 AM »
Soon I'll replay with the patch and see if it happens and let you know, thanks.

Sadly I'm not all that good with ideas, haha

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #566 on: June 09, 2015, 04:18:26 AM »
Well, do let me know if anything does come up then (also, the crap I got an email on THIS particular reply but none of the others??).

« Reply #567 on: June 09, 2015, 02:14:10 PM »
I still have my save file ready for beta5 testing when it's coming, and I'd rather test the game with my actual save game file than in the debug room (not a fan of it).

I was looking at my party roster, and noticed the big level gaps between them. The rarely used ones were lvl 19-24, the somewhat used were lvl 28-33 and somehow Koishi was lvl 46. I suppose some tedious grinding is the only way to balance those levels out? Not to mention getting the money to get those rarely used ones geared up...
I ask since I remember you saying something about forcing the use of some of those characters in certain dungeons / story parts.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #568 on: June 09, 2015, 06:44:48 PM »
Well, after Pandaemonium I have storyline events setup (no actual fights. The few that are there aren't even really tested at all or setup properly), so if you'd like to check those out to make sure thing seem correct in terms of the characters acting the way they should...

Yeah, there's not much that I can do about the level gaps. The money shouldn't really even be an issue later on in the game truth be told. As long as you keep up with everyone (if you have all of the current skills for everyone that you're currently using, might as well gear up someone else, right?), should be fine. Can even sell the crafting items for extra cash if you want to (since the crafting only stuff isn't really that great at the current time).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #569 on: August 05, 2015, 04:00:01 AM »
I know, it's been quite a while since I've last done one of these. There's...reasons for that really. Outside of having those constant BSoDs months ago, motivation loss in working on the game, and doing lots and lots of LPing, I just haven't really worked on the game too much. However, for the past month I've been working solely on dialogue, so as of now, beta5 is 50% complete with dialogue in-game, as well with most of the events that accommodate the dialogue. There's still some events here and there that'll need retweaking, but that'll be for later on AFTER I fully finish the dialogue script for the game, which is my main goal right now, then mapping, then eventing, and finally enemies/monsters and other stuff. So there's still quite a ways to go with the game!

For the full progress report, here's how the game is standing:

Characters: ??% (Unknown right now due to still needing to revamp Koishi's skillsets, and quite possibly revamping Byakuren's moveset entirely as well so that she's actually useful. Other changes my come to Suwako, Sanae, and Keine, depending on how things go)
Mapping: ~50-65% (Earlier maps still need redone (for a full list of those, see the bottom of this report) and all but three of the current beta5 maps are done, excluding maps used in cutscenes. None of beta6's and beta7's maps are made at all).
Eventing: ~50-60% (Some events aren't fully coded in and are not tested at all in beta5. These also include various puzzles in some dungeons. Some earlier dungeons need upgraded eventing done to them as well)
Enemies: ??% (Unknown due to not knowing exactly what will be in what dungeon in terms of regular enemies. This does not include the beta8 content, as it is full of optional enemies/bosses only)

For Characters:

Koishi Komeiji: Needs Blue Magic overhauled and less Blue Magic spells overall. Due to this, her Terrible Souvenir ability will also need readjusted in terms of damage formula.
Byakuren Hijiri: Complete overhaul of her moveset outside of her Holy/Shadow-elemental attacks. Reason being that due to a recent patch that I have yet to use, it is possible to temporarily change elemental resistances, therefore allowing me to relegate it to Nitori's Armor Elemental Bless skillset fully. Not sure what to do with Byakuren's skillset yet though
Suwako Moriya: Additional skills may be given that are dummied out so that Suwako gets more usage.
Sanae Kochiya: Abilities that purely boost stats will probably be modified to do something else.
Keine Kamishirasawa: EX Mode (Hakutaku) will probably be removed if I cannot get the stat modifiers to work properly. What may replace that as her secondary command, I would not know. In addition, the vast majority of her skills may get modified so as to not be based on stats.
Advent Cirno: Needs revised sprites to match the spritestyle of everyone else.
Youki: Needs revised sprites to match the spritestyle of everyone else.

For Mapping:

The current maps that need revamped are as follows:

Human Village: Needs to look more like a Japanese town. Also needs to include the Hieda Mansion somewhere.
Marisa's House: Needs updated to look more like Marisa's house, but in ruins.
Bamboo Forest of the Lost - Hard Path: Not sure what to do with this, but would like to reinstate this part of the dungeon.
Youkai Mountain (All of it): Needs to look better overall. Janky mapping all around.
Ancient City: Needs to look more like a Japanese town.
Chireiden: The idea here is to make it so that it's symmetrical throughout the entire dungeon, and the entire gimmick of the dungeon is to make all rooms symmetrical to one another. Not sure how to do this though...
Blazing Fires of Hell: Needs remapped a bit. Want it to feel more epic than it is...
Eastern Forest: Needs revamped. Not sure if it needs a gimmick or puzzle.
Cave to Makai: Needs remapped, but would still like to keep the map layouts the same. Just better looking maps is all that's needed, and probably smaller rooms in some areas.
Pandaemonium: Needs remapped badly. Too big and doesn't feel like Pandaemonium at all. It doesn't need to look "hellish", but more "crystalline" as it's stated to look in canon.
Hollowed Caverns: Needs remapped to be smaller overall.
Icicle Caves: Needs remapped badly.
Dream World: Mugenkan needs remapped badly. It needs to look more like a ruined mansion instead of...whatever it looks like.
Mayohiga: Needs to look like a deserted Japanese town.

For maps that still need mapped:

Ruins of Vina (pianotm is supposed to be working on this one)
Reimaden/Mima's Palace
Hokkai
Silent Shrine: Only the puzzle needs to be installed.
Hakurei Shrine - Forest
Misty Lake - River Bank
Forest of Magic - Lunatic Path
Scarlet Devil Mansion - Clocktower
Bamboo Forest of the Lost - Hanged Man's Route
Youkai Mountain - Genbu Marsh
Hakugyokurou - Netherworld
Road of Reconsideration - Sanzu River
Sunflower Field/Mugenkan
Probability Hyperspace Vessel
Chireiden - Basement Levels
Pandaemonium-R
Lunarian Capital
Lunarian Palace
Dimensional Tear
Sea of Clouds
Bhava-Agra
Dragon's Palace (Optional dungeon)
End of Gensokyo
Gaplands
The Void
Heart of Pandora
Alice's House - Inside (Currently being worked on by someone I know)

(Beta8 exclusive dungeons, so all optional stuff. This is obviously not the full list)

Myouren Temple Graveyard
Limestone Cavern
Hall of Dreams' Great Mausoleum
Shining Needle Castle
Mushroom Groove

That is everything for now. There is plans for adding in more recent Touhou characters such as the DDC characters as well as Hata no Kokoro and Sumireko Usami, but those won't happen for a very, very long time. If anyone has any ideas for any of these, or is willing to attempt mapping any of the maps, or would even like to beta test/LP what I have thus far, go for it! I would love to get more feedback on the game itself, and get it out there once again since there hasn't been much talk of the game in a couple years just about.