Author Topic: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires. Full desired article. [spoiler warning]  (Read 146399 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
I'm pretty sure Mokou didn't do anything.
Screen turns blue, she fades out slightly.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Don't enemies drop more spirits on Hard+ anyways? I figured that equated to more Trance opportunities. Thus more lives and bombs on Hard than Normal.
Yeah, that is why it's so possible to get so many lives (one... more... seriously what)

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
Is it just me or do replays desync after patching it to 1.00c?

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
Is it just me or do replays desync after patching it to 1.00c?
Old ones definitely do.  Have you tried a replay made with 1.00c?
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
Old ones definitely do.  Have you tried a replay made with 1.00c?

yeah, stage replays crashed my game =(

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
I managed to watch one of Heartbeam's score runs (2.45 billion) and am in the middle of watching a Youmu Lunatic clear from Royalflare, both made with 1.00c.

Haven't had a crash or desync yet.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Cute trance spirits are cute. Interesting the things you notice if you take a good look at them.

Blue spirit:  :wat:

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
You CAN get 5 extends on lower difficulties.
Just done it with Marisa Easy.
Signature

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Confirming that patching to 1.00c does desync your old replays. It is sad but that is the way the cookie crumbles. If you want your old replays, then you need to install 1.00 from the CD.

Good thing I 1CC normal after the patch.

Also Kaku Seiga is really beautiful. I've seen some fan art of her expressing this :3

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
My old replay works fine at least when I only let it run for a single stage. No idea if it would desynch during a full run-through?

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
Ugh, I just played Stage 2 on TD with Sanae and watched that replay. The game crashed right after I defeated Kyouko.

...Also happened with Marisa ;_;

My stage replays crashed on 1.00a after defeating the bosses too, they still do now.
No desync, as far as I can tell, but does starting the replay from Stage 1 and not skipping dialogue still help? It seems to fix the desync in other games, even if it is a bit time-consuming.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
What does the 100c patch change? I can only find a link to the patch on thwiki, not what it actually does.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
What does the 100c patch change? I can only find a link to the patch on thwiki, not what it actually does.
I think it fixes the bug where the game would crash after the extra boss's survival card.
I think.

Also, my hard 1cc replay seems to be fine. It was done before patch C if I remember correctly.

So I found an interesting comment on a picture of Tojiko on Danbooru that may link her to another character as well...

Spoiler:
The Fujiwara clan, which destroys the Souga clan, suffered a death of a man who was struck by a thunderbolt, which the Fujiwara clan considered to be caused by a curse in retaliation from the Souga clan. But we know someone from that clan, don't we? That dead man had a son named Fujiwara no Fuhito, who is usually considered as Mokou's father. In short, Mokou is the descendant of people who destroyed Tojiko's family, and Tojiko is related to the people who murdered Mokou's family. I'm really interested in how the doujin fandom might use this.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
So I found an interesting comment on a picture of Tojiko on Danbooru that may link her to another character as well...

:o
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

TMiles

• Let's party!
God I love Miko, she's my waifu now :3

And that comment of Tojiko really got my attention, I wonder if
Spoiler:
Mokou
knows about that...

Also about the game, I love all the themes with the exception of Futo's and Kyoko's, they just feel a bit too meh. The stages have wonderful musics imo.

Heck yeah, so much potential for awesomeness.

To add to this:
Spoiler:
Apparently, the Mononobe clan and Fujiwara clan were allies back then.

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
Hmm..
Spoiler:
Mokou
confirmed for story mode of next fighting game?
Who is likely to be in the next fighting game anyway? Wriggle, Nitori, Kaguya, Mokou? (were supposed to be in 12.3 if I have heard correctly) TSMnoMiko, Tojiko, Futo, Byakuren, Mamizou? Nue, Kanako? Any others who have good reason to be in the next game? The god of Hakurei Shrine? Rin S., Sasha?
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

Khaotic Ace

• 8l I forgot about a lot of sites thanks to tumblr.
Also about the game, I love all the themes with the exception of Futo's and Kyoko's, they just feel a bit too meh. The stages have wonderful musics imo.

As much as I love Futo, her theme... is pretty meh. Kyouko's theme sounds a tiny bit better when the normal version combines with trance, but that's only because it sounds like an echo and I was all "OHH HEY 8D"

Oh, and Stage 4 and 5 themes with normal and trance versions combined? Sweet heavens, it sounds delicious in my ears.  :derp:

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
Hmm..
Spoiler:
Mokou
confirmed for story mode of next fighting game?
Who is likely to be in the next fighting game anyway? Wriggle, Nitori, Kaguya, Mokou? (were supposed to be in 12.3 if I have heard correctly) TSMnoMiko, Tojiko, Futo, Byakuren, Mamizou? Nue, Kanako? Any others who have good reason to be in the next game? The god of Hakurei Shrine? Rin S., Sasha?
Chen, Ran, and Kanako are all likely since they already had some sprites in 12.3. Obviously, Wriggle, Nitori, Mokou, and Kaguya are also just as likely.

I'm pretty sure Miko and Kogasa or Nue are going to be in the next fighting game.
I can feel it in my bones. :V

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
Chen, Ran, and Kanako are all likely since they already had some sprites in 12.3. Obviously, Wriggle, Nitori, Mokou, and Kaguya are also just as likely.

I'm pretty sure Miko and Kogasa or Nue are going to be in the next fighting game.
I can feel it in my bones. :V
Chen, Ran and Kanako too? Awesome!

I'm pretty sure
Spoiler:
Mima and Alice's Cat
are going to be in the next fighting game.
I can feel it in my bones. :V[/s]

By the way, were there any fakes this time? I like Sasha Sashiromiya, Karen Yawata and Sugar Satellite and I hoped there will be a new one for th13.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:35:08 PM by BeyPok?Dig »
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Miko is bordering on the top of my Favorite Touhous list now.

Shit, must resist urge to finish game again.

Must resist urge to fight Miko...

Consequences might be she actually surpasses Youmu...

...Can't. Resist. Urge. 

* Sacchi The Kero goes to 1cc with youmu again  :ohdear:

Spoiler:
The Fujiwara clan, which destroys the Souga clan, suffered a death of a man who was struck by a thunderbolt, which the Fujiwara clan considered to be caused by a curse in retaliation from the Souga clan. But we know someone from that clan, don't we? That dead man had a son named Fujiwara no Fuhito, who is usually considered as Mokou's father. In short, Mokou is the descendant of people who destroyed Tojiko's family, and Tojiko is related to the people who murdered Mokou's family. I'm really interested in how the doujin fandom might use this.
hmmm... I can't seem to find any information about this on the internet.... would anyone help me find an article showing this?
but I can find articles that the connection between Fujiwara clan and Mononobe clan has

hmmm... I can't seem to find any information about this on the internet.... would anyone help me find an article showing this?
but I can find articles that the connection between Fujiwara clan and Mononobe clan has

Here's something at least: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiwara_no_Kamatari

Edit: adding these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isshi_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taika_Reform

Edit no.2: This is most likely relevant to your interests (especially the bit starting around page 160 and the chapter 'the century of reform')

http://books.google.fi/books?id=OudvOfBHsvwC&pg
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:36:44 PM by Koakkuri »

Hmm... I'm really starting to think ZUN's a freaking genius
Whether or not he planned the Fujiwara/Soga/Mononobe clan connections

TMiles

• Let's party!
I'm in love with Miko's battle, it's awesome music, fun spellcards and a awesome character make it the best battle in Touhou for me.

By the way that holy war thing is certainly become the third story of my fic :3

And those things in Miko's head are really Headphones or just something else? I just can't picture a legend like her using Headphones =P

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
I really don't think they're supposed to be headphones. I'm pretty sure they're reprisenative of her abaility to hear the Ten Desires of man.

The desires of men aren't particularly hard to figure out. What a useless ability. :V

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
When it allows her to read anyone's mind at any time from anywhere?

...at least thats one inertperitation of it