Author Topic: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires. Full desired article. [spoiler warning]  (Read 146392 times)

only one problem with the spellcards is that Miko is still closer to the top rather than the center

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
First it's the UFOs that Nue says have little :3c faces if you want them to. Now divine spirits actually have faces! <3

Khaotic Ace

• 8l I forgot about a lot of sites thanks to tumblr.
Divine spirits = those fairy/pixies helpers you find in Super Paper Mario. Hey, the design just happened to be similar. <o<; /because I'm sure someone already said this, but whatever. :V

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Fairies x Divine spirits for ultra-cute OTP!  :3

I really love this game. I went into it with massive excitement for what would come after the three stages that we already knew from the demo, and then Stage 4 came along with its awesome soundtrack and it carries through all the way to the end. This is definitely high up on my list of favourite Touhou games, maybe even a new number one.

From a writer's perspective I also love the new charas, lots of interesting stuff to work with, can't wait to play through all the endings once the translation patch comes out and see what more juicy info is given there~
It's interesting to see how thing's are getting more and more complex over the last few games.

Lastly I'm very happy with the difficulty, from the perspective of an Easy Mode player. This one is definitely going to be my prime candidate for the step up to Normal.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
As long as they don't go "Hey, listen!" all over me, I'm fine.  :V

And yes, those faces are adorable.  :3
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Such a nice article. It's informative and the humor is in the right places.

Also, thanks to those who informed about the patch. Shouldn't it be in the article, or being in the first page is enough?

Someone knows if there's already a VPatch in the making? Thanks in advance.

Formless God

I like how Nue pauses slightly before declaring her spell card in Practice. It was kind of
Spoiler:
cute

the building is the Dream Palace Great Mausoleum
Inside of it is the stage 6 setting
I see. Thanks.

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
Unless I read it wrong, I think he meant that "you should tell them that there ARE alternate endings unlocked by specific conditions" or something like that.
Yes, that's what i meant. Not everyone reads and/or remembers the numbers of the endings.

The question about differences between them was separate, and I don't want anyone to post the endings here. But do post them on the Touhou endings wiki! ZUN once again didn't make an "Ending room" (like music room, but you could view your unlocked endings here) which means that i will forget what the first ending i got was before i unlock half of them.
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Ah then my engrish has made me misread it. I'll see how I can fit that part in into the gameplay section perhaps.

Everyone wish that starting from ten desires, it will become a trilogy? I hope so since ZUN's final/extra boss isn't a youkai that manipulate desires, which kinda strange considering that the game title is Ten DESIRES, after this ten desires i hope zun continues the story, where the final/the extra boss is the what i said before, a desire youkai.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
The "Ten Desires" part is covered in Miko's description already.

Everyone wish that starting from ten desires, it will become a trilogy? I hope so since ZUN's final/extra boss isn't a youkai that manipulate desires, which kinda strange considering that the game title is Ten DESIRES, after this ten desires i hope zun continues the story, where the final/the extra boss is the what i said before, a desire youkai.

Miko already fits that qualification, since her true power is to "hear" people's desires.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Great review, Helepolis!  Very thorough and informative.  I'm starting to get tired of explaining to my friends how this game works, so I'm just going to refer them to your post from now on. :V  (And the Kanye interruption made me laugh xD).

And a patch!  Yay!  Now you're goin' down, Mamizou!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Someone mentioned in the previous thread that they forgot they even had bombs. I have to concur; this has also been the case with me.

I get so caught up in filling my Trance Meter and being like "Ah, look at that - nice and full Trance Meter. Now, to wait for just the right moment to use it", that I completely forget that by Stage 4 I have like, nearly 5 bombs.

I don't think the Spirits are very hard to get to, personally. The annoying thing about UFO is having to chase the little buggers in a zig-zag across the screen, through a mine field of danmaku. In 10D, they're just sitting there - getting gradually smaller, sure, but you know where you need to go to get them, and can plot a path through a pattern to get them.

And, echoing what others have said, lives are pretty hard to get, but this game feeds you bombs and Trance spirits. You just have to strike a balance between these two (I personally like Trance for certain zombie bishes who like to heal themselves while raining down thick walls of danmaku ...) and not be shy about picking up spirits.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
I don't think the Spirits are very hard to get to, personally. The annoying thing about UFO is having to chase the little buggers in a zig-zag across the screen, through a mine field of danmaku. In 10D, they're just sitting there - getting gradually smaller, sure, but you know where you need to go to get them, and can plot a path through a pattern to get them.
Don't forget that the spirits have a much, much bigger "pickup range" than the UFOs did. The game itself is relatively lenient as it gives you more opportunities to safely collect the spirits, be it in between waves or being able to kill enemies before they can release any danmaku.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Miko already fits that qualification, since her true power is to "hear" people's desires.

I can't accept it, what i mean by desire power is that the demon can manipulate the desires of the youkai and humans, to grow it bigger, make them more powerful, turn them into simple being like those fairies which we always face only to fulfill their desires, or maybe turn the desire into nothingness, as if the human has no more goal or dream in their heart.

Mamizou vulnerable to bombs?  :wat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRe9L-tqABs

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
I have to wonder if anyone has already made Super Mamizou Bros.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I have to wonder if anyone has already made Super Mamizou Bros.
Reitaisai SP or Winter Ket will probably have new Marisa world ? :V

I can't accept it, what i mean by desire power is that the demon can manipulate the desires of the youkai and humans, to grow it bigger, make them more powerful, turn them into simple being like those fairies which we always face only to fulfill their desires, or maybe turn the desire into nothingness, as if the human has no more goal or dream in their heart.
Why exactly would you want that?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Don't forget that the spirits have a much, much bigger "pickup range" than the UFOs did.

Yes, totally. Of course, any pickup range would be bigger than UFO's, considering you need to physically bump the UFOs in order to get them. Ugh.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Yes, totally. Of course, any pickup range would be bigger than UFO's, considering you need to physically bump the UFOs in order to get them. Ugh.
Also, it might just be me, but I think the spirit pick-up range is increased from what it was in the demo.  I've felt that it's been easier to collect spirits in the full game than it was in the demo.

Khaotic Ace

• 8l I forgot about a lot of sites thanks to tumblr.
Who called it? :V (Safebooru link)

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
I gave that bitch an immortality potion. Bitches love immortality potions.
Am I the only one who loves Eirin's "just as planned" face?  :3

So much for manipulating a country and killing thousands...

Loving the fanworks so far.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
All that work for immortality, eh? Been there, done that. Pulled it off. How about you?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

I guess Eirin just got bottles of Hourai Elixir sitting around in her mansion. If that's the case, anyone up for a heist?

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
It's goes up like this 8. 10, 12, 15 and I don't even know how many life points after that is but I think it's 18

Confirming this, although I haven't gotten the 18 piece extend either.

You can get lives like this:
8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20...

Yes, I got the 18-piece extend in a Hard mode run.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Don't enemies drop more spirits on Hard+ anyways? I figured that equated to more Trance opportunities. Thus more lives and bombs on Hard than Normal.