Author Topic: Need help with the games  (Read 4356 times)

ancientlight

Need help with the games
« on: June 12, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »
Hey, I'm kinda new to Touhou and well I don't know anything about it. However I'm really interested in the games and would like to know more. So how do I download them? Is there any place where I could download all the games? I really want to play them.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Need help with the games
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 09:22:17 AM »
If you're really interested in the games then your choices are simply: Buy them. We don't offer any help/links in order to download them illegally here in our community.

You can easily purchase Touhou 16 on Steam. The older games you can purchase either yourself online or ask someone to buy and ship them to you. N-Forza offers this service in this thread

That is all to say about your question.

Drake

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:13:22 PM »
You can download trial versions of each game on ZUN's website. You can also download the trial version of TH16 on Steam.

Some common starting points are Touhou 6 (EoSD), 7 (PCB), 8 (IN), 14 (DDC) and 16 (HSiFS), but really just pick what seems the most inviting. EoSD is effectively the "first" game. The games have self-contained stories and can be played without concern for an overarching plot, but the series does have a rather extensive chronology and many characters from earlier entries make appearances as playables and whatnot.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 02:16:04 AM »
In addition to the above, downloadable version of Touhou Kishinjou ~ Double Dealing Character can be bought at Playism. And you can buy the CDs from N-Forza, he's cool. Or from JBOX.

As for the trial versions, here are some direct download links:

Touhou Koumakyou ~ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom
Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith
Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object
Touhou Shinreibyou ~ Ten Desires
Touhou Kishinjou ~ Double Dealing Character
Touhou Kanjuden ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom

You can use the Touhou Community Reliant Automatic Patcher to play the games in English. Alternatively, there are also English patches at Gensokyo.org and Touhou Wiki, but the automatic patcher will get you the most recent translations.

There are also pre-patched versions floating around, but I can't link them here. Sorry, them's the rules.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:28:14 PM by niektory »