Author Topic: Touhouvania game based on Harmony of Despair.  (Read 2306 times)

Kulgia

• The Alpha
  • Let Super Saiyan Okuu rekt you
Touhouvania game based on Harmony of Despair.
« on: December 17, 2014, 02:36:56 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm new here. I hope this is the right place to post about ideas and stuff. So yeah. Just as the title says. It'll be amazing to have another Touhouvania which based on Castlevania Harmony of Despair. So what do you guys think?

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Re: Touhouvania game based on Harmony of Despair.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 06:03:44 AM »
Welcome. :)

I admit that I've only ever played Symphony of the Night, so I had to wiki what Harmony of Despair is about. My thoughts (in no particular order, structure, grouping and possibly sense):
Spoiler:
Grimoire: Where else would it be located but in the Scarlet Devil Mansion's own library? ;)
Versus mode: Hisoutensoku
Characters: Featured in previous Touhouvania, some playable, some bosses.
Bosses: I can see this working:
- Gergoth: Fire-breathing reptile -> Dragon -> Meiling
- Puppet Master: Alice
- Menace: Related to spirits -> Youmu or Yuyuko
- Brauner: Flandre (only because she's the only other vampire)
- Death: Yuyuko (or Sakuya, considering he is Dracula's servant)
- Dracula: Remilia (as per tradition)
Playable: Anyone who is not a boss.
I'm personally looking forward to a take on Imperishable Night. It already has an isolated and architected structure, a were-beast, otherworldly beings and trouble with the moon.

Kulgia

• The Alpha
  • Let Super Saiyan Okuu rekt you
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 06:14:38 PM »
Hi. Thanks for the reply. :D

So you've only played SotN? Do you plan to play other Castlevania games? My favorites were Aria/Dawn of Sorrow. Seconded by Order of Ecclesia. Before that, have you heard of Castlevania Fighter? It's a MUGEN game made by someone called himself Serio. Basically, its a fan-made Castlevania game where Castlevania characters (mostly from 2D games) come together and fight bosses. He even included Reimu and Sakuya (from Touhouvania) as playable ones as well as Remilia as one of the bosses in the game. To get this game, I leave the link down here. Check it out for more info about this game.

http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/

For your idea, I think its not bad but I was pertaining to thought your idea that the game to be like this:
- All characters from previous games are playable even boss characters (each character has its own unique ability or style of attack)
- The enemies including bosses will the ones from original Castlevania games
- There will be items and equipments as well as map
- Maybe include a level up system
- Co-op/versus mode available (online and LAN) play

In short, the game is almost exactly like Harmony of Despair but Touhouvania characters as playable characters. About that Imperishable Night, I'm also looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:16:21 PM by Kulgia »

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 03:45:18 PM »
I plan to if and when I find the time. Lament of Innocence caught my eye, but maybe it's because Michiru Yamane composed the soundtrack. :D Thanks for the link, the game sounds interesting. (I laughed at seeing Ronald McDonald.)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 12:56:53 AM »
Ronnie, Duke, and Frog were April Fools jokes BTW. :V