Author Topic: Possibly-crazy stuff you didn't notice for ages: thread 3  (Read 58533 times)

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Re: Possibly-crazy stuff you didn't notice for ages: thread 3
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »
Actually, I think Rinnosuke was referring more about how the name "Yakumo" meant Yukari was trying to keep the Hakurei shrine maidens inside Gensokyo to maintain it. But your interpretation works also, I guess :P
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2012, 03:16:27 AM »
I can't agree with the idea that Rinnosuke's interpretation is the canon interpretation of events. Curiousities of Lotus Asia makes it very clear that he misinterprets many many things.
He sprouts crap even though Reimu(and the facts say Reimu is right) straight up contradicted him and instead of rescinding his comments, he makes up more crap. While Reimu does not know better, us the reader do know that he is blantantly wrong.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2012, 10:26:16 PM »
As midboss, Eirin's spell background is not hers, but Reisen's. I wa SHOCK. :o
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2012, 02:24:47 PM »
Despite being elevated to fantastic, if not mythical, status, there has yet to be a character whose profession is stated to be a ninja or shinobi.  Especially since the more legendary aspects of the ninja was already being created at the time of the creation of the border.

« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2012, 07:03:07 AM »
I believe Yuyuko can do some ninjitsu moves. I think one of them was the clone technique.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2012, 07:22:21 PM »
The frogs on Suwako's dress are taken from the Chōjū-jinbutsu-giga, which are also known as the "Scrolls of Frolicking Animals" just like Mamizou's spellcard. :o
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:31:24 PM by Marisa with Sunglasses »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2012, 12:39:10 PM »
The games' bullet limits increase over the course of the Windows series. EoSD could have a maximum of 640 bullets, PCB increased this to 1024, IN increased this again to 1536, and MoF onwards have a maximum of 2000. Also, all of the aforementioned games have at least one spellcard where the limit is reached.

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2012, 10:31:44 PM »
Satori's first non-spell has the bubble bullets make a heart shape. Didn't notice this until like the fifteenth time I fought her.
Touhou Normal 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4
Touhou Lunatic Progress - Haha, funny.

"I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!" - Me at 2 in the morning

Zil

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2012, 03:44:47 AM »
Been trying to learn PoDD's secrets. Was, rather. (Patchy stole Rikako's theme, btw.) More than half of the info on the wiki is dead wrong. In any event, here are some notes I took when watching one of my recordings. I don't know where to put them, so I'll put them here. For the curious.

Chiyuri 1cc - 12:05 - I trigger a boss panic with a spell score exceeding 300k. (My boss attack was already on Marisa's field, so this merely triggered a level 3 spell). Marisa reaches a spell score of 56,940 (greater than what the wiki claims is needed) and a boss attack is not triggered. She then skyrockets to 655,350 and triggers a boss attack. (I can't tell if it's a boss panic or not. I can't see any spell bullets.) She then triggers something else with the spell score still at the max (the game sends the warning, but I see nothing), and I trigger a boss attack (no apparant level 3) instantly after, though my spell points have not reset since the earlier boss panic, and they have only increased by ~100k. I then bomb, preventing me from seeing if the second thing Marisa triggered was a level 3 (which I suspect it was). Marisa's score resets.
Marisa then manually launches a level 3 spell, lingers for a moment with a spell score of ~150k (no boss attack), then jumps to 264,220, triggering a boss attack and repulsing my own. Some bullets from the previously launched level 3 fail to appear, perhaps in reaction to her triggered boss attack. I then jump to 655,350 (note that my spell score STILL has not reset) and trigger yet another boss attack (there is no level 3). The whole ordeal takes under 20 seconds. My spell score resets shortly after. My boss attack dissapears, and I trigger another with a score of 56,840. (Lower than the score of 56,940 which failed to trigger a boss attack for Marisa.)

:colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:49:49 AM by Zil »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2012, 06:51:32 AM »
I just realized that the Lunarians got to the moon through what is essentially a knockoff of the Infinite Improbability Drive from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. :V

Somewhere, somewhen, there is a potted plant swearing certain, bloody vengeance on Eirin. :getdown:

Drake

« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2012, 07:18:05 AM »
Yeah basically. That's also how Toyohime's ability works. You can't really call it a knockoff though, it's just using the same principle.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »
I just realised since that Yukari can manipulate boundaries of all kinds she she make herself faster than Aya and maybe even stronger than Shiki.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2012, 06:06:54 PM »
Yeah basically. That's also how Toyohime's ability works. You can't really call it a knockoff though, it's just using the same principle.

I know, I was just joking. :V

I just realised since that Yukari can manipulate boundaries of all kinds she she make herself faster than Aya and maybe even stronger than Shiki.

Why would she need super-speed when she can simply gap her way around and be at point B before Aya even started moving?

The fastest route between two points is to make them both one point! :V

Also, heavy lifting is something Yukari usually is quite capable of delegating to someone else, isn't it?

« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2012, 04:50:07 AM »
@Yukari: Yukari's abilities are quite limited. She cannot travel from the earth to the moon, unless it is during the full moon for instance.

@Toyohime: As for Toyohime's ability to get from the earth to the moon. I assume they got to the moon some other way. I don't believe Toyohime was born at the time when Eirin and the others went to the moon.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2012, 10:43:26 AM »
Chen without shikigami status has the power to surprise people.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2012, 11:24:07 AM »
Even though Satori can read your mind she can know past trauma and such events in the past...

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
Kasen can control cryptids, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptids

THAT'S A LOT OF FAMILIARS. :getdown:

Also, I just noticed this courtesy of the wiki:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-8000/most-prolific-fan-made-shooter-series/

TOP O' THE WORLD, MA! :]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:08:45 AM by Blissful Beleaguered Buddhist »

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
I just noticed that the tiles in Highly Responsive to Prayers Makai Route Stage 14 look like wings.

Drake

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2012, 11:56:58 PM »
Also, I just noticed this courtesy of the wiki:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-8000/most-prolific-fan-made-shooter-series/

TOP O' THE WORLD, MA! :]
ZUN's twitter profile is 「ZUNという名だけ知られているエニグマティクデベロッパー」 which is in reference to the silly title given there.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
SSiB never showed the Lunar Capital. Instead, it only showed the Watatsukis' resident, which is not located in the Lunar Capital.

This clears up my confusion on why there are only traditional Japanese-styled houses on the Lunar Capital, instead of the futuristic skyscrapers we saw in PMiSS.

This also means that Yuyuko never sneaked into the Lunar Capital. She stole that sake from the Watatsukis' resident instead.

« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2012, 08:33:36 AM »
We don't quite know that. We don't know where Yuyuko and Youmu have gone during their approximately month long stay at the moon.

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
Well, do they even know how to get there? Remember that the Lunar Capital works like Kasen's house. You gotta take an exact and specific path if you want to go there.

Speculations, speculations.

« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
Huh? I don't believe the Lunar capital needs any specific path. The reason the crow has to take a specific path is because the crow does not have any sense. So, it has to have a specific flight pattern. Otherwise, if it flies a bit to the left or right, it will end up on the outside of the moon and just die.

« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2012, 09:29:18 PM »
It was stated in SoPM or somewhere else that the Lunar Capital works just like Kasen's house. Since you need to follow a specific path to get to her house...

« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2012, 10:16:48 PM »
There is no specific path you need to take to Kasen's house though. I believe that was why having christmasy looking lights was a bad thing for her house, because people can just go there.

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »
There is no specific path you need to take to Kasen's house though. I believe that was why having christmasy looking lights was a bad thing for her house, because people can just go there.

Huh, really? I based my assumption on this page.

Also, that makes me remember on how the climate on Kasen's house and the Lunar Capital are similar. Not too cold when winter, and not too hot when summer.

« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2012, 04:04:30 AM »
Didn't seem all that specific, since Marisa seems to be able to come back to that house. She fainted on her first venture, so I doubt she knows any specific path.

I mean if you look for any real specific path from the earth to the moon in general, we already see it, when they(Yukari and Ran, Yuyuko and Youmu) move through that sea. This is similar to how they talk about Toyohime's ability to connect the Lunar Capital and Earth.

« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:37 AM »
Hmm, maybe the path they're talking about is the sea, since I remember it's supposed to be like a labyrinth.

Man, why is Touhou canon so confusing? I wish there's a map for the Moon or even Gensokyo who still doesn't have a canon map.

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »
That was my impression when I read Silent Sinner in Blue. It was the sea that had some confusing nagivation points. Since the way they used Lunar Capital, it seems to imply that it is really anywhere where the "real moon" is at. Once you are there, getting to the actual capital should be fairly straight forward.

« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »
Aren't the seas on the real moon too?