Author Topic: Why most of the fandom hates yukkuris?  (Read 15150 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Why most of the fandom hates yukkuris?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
I am significant portion of its uses tbh

He's not lion.

Anyway, a lot of the yukkuri abuse stuff stems from their heydey, when yukkuri nonsense was being spammed everywhere over 2ch and elsewhere, which caused a lot of people to get very sick of it.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 02:09:09 AM »
I think it's sort of a reverse psychology thing, or maybe something backfiring.

The more the yukkuris try to tell people to take it easy, the less they're actually able to take it easy. :V

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 10:24:52 AM »
well, for me, I like yukkuri except their voice. I never like yukkuri's voice. it doesn't fit their face...

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
Personally, I don't hate yukkuris but I don't really like them either. That's because of how they're being treated (abused, etc). I like gore and violence, but not for this case (you know why).
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »
Friend of mine used to hang out in yukkuri-related circles for a long while.

Says that one of the reasons for the abuse was it was...Well, it was people trying to morally justify liking nasty, nasty guro stuff.

Ugh. :ohdear: There's a difference between violent slapstick and...What some yukkuri artists draw.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »
Just so you all know, a Chinese artist took the path that even abuse fans found disturbing and crossing the line: giving yukkuris real blood and guts.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
<facepalm>

With a fandom as open and fan-driven as this, I suppose attracting weirdos was a given, but...Good gravy.

Just...WHY?!

There is "I have mental issues" and then there is "I am a pathetic, bitter, angry, DISTURBED shell of a human being who's so meek I channel it on fictive cartoon heads".

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 08:45:38 PM »
There's also "I'm no less mentally balanced than any of the yukkuri/pasu fanatics and happen to also enjoy drawing gore". I'm really reluctant to diagnose someone's mental health based on what they draw.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »
It's less the gore and more the sadistic attitude that deeply, deeply worries me.

Tengukami

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
Deeply deeply? Eh, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. It's just drawings. Probably best to leave speculations on the mental state of total strangers based on what they draw to Republican Congressfolk with too much time on their hands. We can't guess their motivations, or really any meaningful information, based on yukkuri sadism.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »
Fine.

Some of the viciously defensive attitudes of some yukkuri abuse fans just made me wonder, is all.

Tengukami

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2012, 10:41:35 PM »
That can probably be chalked up to it being an Internet Argument!

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2012, 10:48:16 PM »
Ahhhh, when you put it THAT way it makes more sense. :V