Author Topic: MotK 3: Dead Townies [Day 2]  (Read 70338 times)

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
Re: MotK 3: Dead Townies [Day 1]
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2018, 10:32:09 PM »
Fun fact: if we use delurk two days in a row, it's like we get an extra mislynch. It's kinda against the spirit of the game to do it though so I rather wouldn't just based on that. I don't think the discussions about it are worth it but I think Raikaria's attitude towards it is probably town.

I thought I'd posted about Zak before but apparently I hadn't. Time for my backup plan of HURRIEDLY WRITING IT RIGHT NOW tl;dr BT's initial point on him was good, but I'm slightly wary just because of how Zak didn't try to bs any other kind of reason to keep the vote down. But uh, he's quickly erasing that factor and I don't like his catchup bc there's no meat to their suspicions, it just reads as "anything but me" (which is kind of ironic because of how he's pressing BT.

A friend keeps pulling my attention away so I'm posting this now. Dormio, I'll get to your responses soon. I'm still /around/ (and working on posts) but I'd rather not leave posting until absolutely at deadline.

##Unvote
##Vote: Zakeri

Prefer this to BT and probably to Serela, but I wasn't huge on the latter's posts on a skim.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2018, 10:36:12 PM »
This post is a response to both Raikaria's and BT's posts [48] [49].
As referenced by Raikaria in his post [48], I believe Serela's actions do not carry malicious intent and can, instead, be attributed to ignorance.
Therefore, as stated within [46], given that Zakeri and BT are the only options available to me, I would have to pick Zakeri if a BT lynch appeared to be impossible.

[46] Dormio, Zakeri, Serela, BT
[48] Dormio; what is it that makes you now not support a Serela lynch in any way? Everything I have seen you say regarding Serela has been neutral to negative. You seem to just give him a pass for his suspicious actions and lack of scumhunting due to 'stupidity and negligence'.
[49] Sure, but can you tell the good neurosurgeon why, or why not others?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2018, 10:41:02 PM »
I am writing this post in a rush because I have witnessed a statement [50] that I cannot ignore.
What makes you so certain that two DeLurks would amount to a mislynch? Do you have access to information that would indicate to you that the two DeLurk motions I have presented would be equivalent in result to a mislynch? Are you withholding information from the players regarding the alignment of the lurkers?

As per Article 3 [12], the unvote that would normally be placed here has been excluded.
##Vote: SB

[12] Dormio is a dick and this is why we cannot have fun things. I don't need unvotes, I'm a big boy and I can count votes.
[50] Fun fact: if we use delurk two days in a row, it's like we get an extra mislynch.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2018, 10:42:41 PM »
I know Serela (and Dan) are busy with EiMM due to staggered start times but I'm not overly keen on Serela bc they feel pretty self pres focused, but I liked their response to BT at the very least. I can buy into that reasoning for their vote even if I don't agree with it.

I would consolidate here if I had to but I'd prefer Dormio/Zak/PX (pending reading Dormio's responses).

Did you know that hunting unicorns is illegal in Michigan?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2018, 10:43:17 PM »
Gomenasorry but last post was rushed during downtime. In between the two leading wagons, I shall assist in which one I believe more likely to be the evil

##Vote: Zakeri

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2018, 10:46:36 PM »
I am writing this post in a rush because I have witnessed a statement [50] that I cannot ignore.
What makes you so certain that two DeLurks would amount to a mislynch? Do you have access to information that would indicate to you that the two DeLurk motions I have presented would be equivalent in result to a mislynch? Are you withholding information from the players regarding the alignment of the lurkers?

As per Article 3 [12], the unvote that would normally be placed here has been excluded.

[12] Dormio is a dick and this is why we cannot have fun things. I don't need unvotes, I'm a big boy and I can count votes.
[50] Fun fact: if we use delurk two days in a row, it's like we get an extra mislynch.

?

It's maths.

7/2, if we mislynch 3 times we lose.
If we 'lynch' twice a day (one lynch, one delurk), we get four chances to lynch scum (because the two deaths on D2 occur simultaneously, in spite of it being 4/2 potential MYLO.)
Town control 4 deaths here, while scum control 2 (meaning we essentially steal one of their nightkills from them compared to just lynching every day/scum killing every night).

My gut reaction to this vote is that it's kinda scummy.

Cows moo with regional accents.

« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2018, 10:47:10 PM »
lol @ dormio being a kumquat, don't worry SB I understood what you meant

cut by SB himself explaining, darn now I can't look smart

« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2018, 10:51:38 PM »
Naw man that just means the scumteam have much more control over the vote because they have options and they can just swing it at the last second. Hello, defibrillator.
Oh Mon, Cherry, would that not simply weight heavier on zhis scum zhat try to shift zhe wagons? You are trading long term results for short term.

It would seem I am most suspected, but alas, all I have to say is I stand by my reasoning thus far.

I would claim but Je dois attendre for results before a full claim may be made.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2018, 10:52:26 PM »
This post is a response to SB's recent post [51].
That assumes that the DeLurk will never be used to take down a criminal.
The fact that you make this assumption without even considering that possibility causes myself to infer that you have access to knowledge that I do not.

[51] 7/2, if we mislynch 3 times we lose.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2018, 10:53:15 PM »
In my books; the current 4 people most likely to be sinners are, in my holy opinion:

ActionDan - On account of being the biggest lurker

PX - On account of staying in the shadows and being unhelpful when he did emerge

Serela - Lack of scumhunting, only being defensive.

Zakeri - Lack of scumhunting in general; although I could certainly prefer a Serela lynch over Zakeri at this point. Probably because Serela has more content that amounts to OMGUS and waffles.

Of these, I would most prefer an ActionDan lynch; which is why that is where my vote for condemnation is currently situated. Lurking in the shadows to his degree is more often the actions of a sinner [Specifically Sloth. Maybe Pride too; too Prideful to speak with us!] than a saint.

While I have cast some suspicion onto Dormio and Polaris, I do not believe them as bad as the prior four, and the congregation should attempt to condemn those most likly to be sinners at this point.

I hope that whatever the overall consensus is, that we end the day saying Hallelujah; not mourning.

I find this strange as well. If 1 mistaken delurk can result in Day2 MYLO; a second on Day 2 would effectively turn it into LYLO. I see no situation where this makes an 'exrra mislynch' unless we Delurk Scum.

That said, at the same time Dormio, what makes SB's statement not pass for ignorance, and instead be judged as malice, when Serela's actions are not? This seems inconsistent.

Ninja'ed:

?

It's maths.

7/2, if we mislynch 3 times we lose.
If we 'lynch' twice a day (one lynch, one delurk), we get four chances to lynch scum (because the two deaths on D2 occur simultaneously, in spite of it being 4/2 potential MYLO.)
Town control 4 deaths here, while scum control 2 (meaning we essentially steal one of their nightkills from them compared to just lynching every day/scum killing every night).

My gut reaction to this vote is that it's kinda scummy.

Cows moo with regional accents.

Missed Delurk + Mislynch + nightkill = 2/4.

We could quite easily be lulled into false security with a Delurk attempt in MYLO. The other scum could grant Amnesty at the twilight hours as we mislynch and proceed to lose, while simultaneously not attempting to lynch the scumbuddy because we're attempting to Smite them.

And if we're attempting to Smite a townie Day 2, the Sinners could use it to improve their situation, even if we're about to lynch scum. After all; the Delurk from someone about to be lynched would still count.

Delurk is too risky.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #190 on: December 21, 2018, 10:54:20 PM »
Zakeri/PX aren't scum together off of that vote. Getting some water and then going to read Dormio's stuff properly.

The Cookie Monster's real name is Sid.

Pedit: I don't get your point at all.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2018, 10:55:55 PM »
It would seem I am most suspected, but alas, all I have to say is I stand by my reasoning thus far.

Dormio: SB's speaking in hypotheticals, as in, what would happen in a worst-case scenario. As in, me at the morgue.

« Reply #192 on: December 21, 2018, 11:00:04 PM »
And Why, Bt, would your execution be les pire?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #193 on: December 21, 2018, 11:04:43 PM »
While I have cast some suspicion onto Dormio and Polaris, I do not believe them as bad as the prior four, and the congregation should attempt to condemn those most likly to be sinners at this point.

That said, at the same time Dormio, what makes SB's statement not pass for ignorance, and instead be judged as malice, when Serela's actions are not? This seems inconsistent.
To be fair, SB is like the defibrillator to Serela's toilet plunger.

And Why, Bt, would your execution be les pire?
What's the context? And will you claim?

« Reply #194 on: December 21, 2018, 11:09:29 PM »
You insist I have contibuted nothing because my vote has no change, but zhat is a story you affix over other's reality.
You insist we will be mortified if you are zhis day's playdate with ze guillotine, but zhat is your own untainted desire bleed through.

My suspicions of you grow more and more with each post you make.

---
the context specifically being how you mention " as in, what would happen in a worst-case scenario. As in, me at the morgue."

and very well, I will give since zhere is only less zhan an hour left.
I am a one-shot rolecop. I have decided to investigate BT and will post zhe results as I get zhem.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2018, 11:09:40 PM »
This post is a response to the prior posts [52] [53]
As previously stated [54], so assuredly making the assumption that this hypothetical scenario will come to pass [50] reads to myself as having insider knowledge regarding player's criminal records.
However, upon further review of the subject matter [54], I may have been overzealous in this pursuit and made the assumption that SB was referring to my two motions to DeLurk rather than making a general statement.

In accordance with the conditions set out by article 3 [12], the unvote that would normally be placed here has been stricken from the record.
##Vote: BT

[52] Pedit: I don't get your point at all.
[53] Dormio: SB's speaking in hypotheticals, as in, what would happen in a worst-case scenario. As in, me at the morgue.
[54] That assumes that the DeLurk will never be used to take down a criminal. The fact that you make this assumption without even considering that possibility causes myself to infer that you have access to knowledge that I do not.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2018, 11:13:54 PM »
I actually heavily dislike Dormio's #131 because it addresses a thought process that I'd already discarded by the time that I'd make the post (I was just responding to Raikaria about my scumteam theory thing) and doesn't actually address my problem with him - how he went about his vote on BT. It's missing the forest for the trees, and this gives me a similar feeling to the way he has been addressing the BT vote since it doesn't feel like he's looking at he situation as a whole and is picking and choosing parts to suit his agenda. All he says is "this is misguided effort from SB" later on about it, which doesn't really settle things.

I feel like most of Dormio's posting, in general, is posturing. He's posting rn but the majority of it was not actually related to who's mafia (instead of delurk mechanics) until his attack on me which is kind of weird. I don't even think that I stated that we would miss every single time with lynches/delurks, but even if I did why would that be scummy?

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone really wants to lynch Dormio over the alternatives so my vote is sticking for now, but I need to think some more.

China has censored the word for censorship.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2018, 11:16:17 PM »
The context specifically being how you mention " as in, what would happen in a worst-case scenario. As in, me at the morgue."
That was a joke you ditz.
Rolecop, right? So, role, not allegiance.

Hmmmm.
OK.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dormio

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2018, 11:17:18 PM »
Ditz as we know is a shorthand for unsettling mental illness.

« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2018, 11:18:37 PM »
I'm voting Zakeri, not Serela. I'm also going to the morgue soon because deadline is in nine hours, which is illuminating.

Sure, I'd rather not get lynched, I heard the faculty at the morgue really stink.

Dormio: SB's speaking in hypotheticals, as in, what would happen in a worst-case scenario. As in, me at the morgue.

I would like to ask why les morgue is such an ingrained fear in you, BT?

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2018, 11:19:29 PM »
Weighing Scale 1.1

Zakeri(3): Serela, SB, PX
BT(2): Zakeri, Dormio
Serela(1): Polaris
SB(1): ActionDan
ActionDan(1): Raikaria
Dormio[/b[(1): BT

Countdown! 40 minutes remaining,

You are twice as likely to be killed by a vending machine than a shark.

« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2018, 11:20:21 PM »
"I'm voting Zakeri, not Serela. I'm also going to the morgue soon because deadline is in nine hours, which is illuminating."
"Sure, I'd rather not get lynched, I heard the faculty at the morgue really stink."
"Dormio: SB's speaking in hypotheticals, as in, what would happen in a worst-case scenario. As in, me at the morgue."

reposting due to tag errors but ehh, c'est la vie.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2018, 11:22:06 PM »
Weighing Scale 1.2

Dormio(1): BT
Zakeri(3): Serela, SB, PX
Serela(1): Polaris
BT(2): Zakeri, Dormio
SB(1): ActionDan
ActionDan(1): Raikaria

Countdown! 40 minutes remaining,

I know I just got cut by a VC, but it's nice to see that we didn't miscount.

« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2018, 11:22:40 PM »
lol @ zak being a kumquat, what kind of derpy question is that

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2018, 11:23:11 PM »
"I'm voting Zakeri, not Serela. I'm also going to the morgue soon because deadline is in nine hours, which is illuminating."
"Sure, I'd rather not get lynched, I heard the faculty at the morgue really stink."
"Dormio: SB's speaking in hypotheticals, as in, what would happen in a worst-case scenario. As in, me at the morgue."

reposting due to tag errors but ehh, c'est la vie.
First post is honest reaction to realize that whoa, short day.
Second post is because I was asked why I don't want to get lynched lol.
The morgue is a running gag. That place reeks.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2018, 11:24:24 PM »
I really don't like Serela up and disappearing like this. It rustles my jimmies.... in neurobiological terms.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2018, 11:26:04 PM »
I'm fairly sure that I know the answer to Zak's question. Mulling over whether or not the way he claimed is townie rn.

According to a 2014 study, 1 in 9 Americans?exactly 11% of the population?think HTML is actually a disease.

« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2018, 11:27:23 PM »
everything's going so fast and i just want to be lazy and not do anything.

i've wanted to say this since earlier but seeing as everyone is giving serela a pass for today i'm putting aside the case for now and trying to pick a new wagon.

i was planning on consolidating on Zakeri but how am I supposed to respond to the claim anyway? is this a case where we go "full steam ahead" or do we find a new wagon? i ask because i dunno if there are any viable counter wagons (unless we start one now?)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2018, 11:28:31 PM »
I'm gonna just say that I wasn't totally sure about Zak even before the rolecop claim, and I wanna see him survive the night, if only because I can see major benefits there if he's not lying and town.
Let's keep the train chugging. Half an hour, barely enough time for general surgery.

« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2018, 11:30:14 PM »
Very well. I suppose your explanation is cr?dible.

Now zhat we are closer an closer to zhe guillotine, my doubt are beginning to creep up upon me. I can be easily convinced to switch upon Dormio and Actiondan if need be. I am also willing to vote for not me over me as the hour approaches.