Author Topic: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel  (Read 146098 times)

Re: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel
« Reply #720 on: June 12, 2011, 02:30:03 AM »
Started Valkyrie Profile, been ages since I've played anything non-shmup.  Liking it so far.

« Reply #721 on: June 12, 2011, 09:49:56 AM »
I'm playing Dynasty Warriors 7 on my PS3 and nothing much really since I don't play games as much as I use to anymore zzz!

« Reply #722 on: June 13, 2011, 02:39:10 AM »
I just played through Narbacular Drop, the spiritual predecessor to Portal. (The other day, I played Tag: The Power of Paint, which was the spiritual predecessor to Portal 2's gels.)

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #723 on: June 13, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »
Started playing Blue Dragon yesterday.  I love the boss music.  And the system really reminds me of FFV.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #724 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:08 PM »
Neptunia.

What I expected: Dull low budget repetitive grindfest with silly writing.
What I got: FUCK YES YOU ARE THE BEST WORST GAME EVER

It's still a low budget repetitive grindfest with silly writing, but I've played it through to completion and I actually enjoyed it. Waiting for all the character DLC was the right call, since without it you'd be stuck with the two most boring characters in your party for the vast majority of the game and it'd doubtlessly be a lot more tedious.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #725 on: June 14, 2011, 10:54:54 PM »
Beat Hazard post-update is so much better

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #726 on: June 15, 2011, 12:10:03 AM »
DoDonPachi DOJ BL for this week's Shooter of the Week.

I keep messing up in my journey to get 50 million before stage 4.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #727 on: June 15, 2011, 12:13:09 AM »
So I recently got my 360 in the mail. It came with two games I'm not really interested in, but I bought Meteos Wars first thing.

Unlocking stuff takes quite some time, but I gotta say it's still a blast to play.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #728 on: June 15, 2011, 02:05:33 AM »
noooooooooo it's already 10 am and it's wednesday

which means it's weekly maintenance for Counter-Strike Online.

I hate weekly maintenance, and I am in the middle of a heated Bomb Defusal match :<

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #729 on: June 15, 2011, 02:21:57 AM »
Radiant Historia.  Not sure what to make of it yet.  Time travel shenanigans.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #730 on: June 15, 2011, 02:34:14 AM »
Picked up Swordcraft Story 2 at the same time I picked up Blue Dragon.  Started playing that for fun.  Now it's getting my full attention. Playing as the girl again and I picked the Oni as my partner.  Just can't decide what weapon I want to use.  I played through the first game with the ax and I'm having a lot of fun with the ax again.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #731 on: June 15, 2011, 02:39:49 AM »
so
much
bejeweled

must
reach
level
forty seven

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #732 on: June 15, 2011, 02:48:54 AM »
Picked up Swordcraft Story 2 at the same time I picked up Blue Dragon.  Started playing that for fun.  Now it's getting my full attention. Playing as the girl again and I picked the Oni as my partner.  Just can't decide what weapon I want to use.  I played through the first game with the ax and I'm having a lot of fun with the ax again.

Use drills or knuckles. They're the hardest to use, but I find them the most fun. Generic swords/axes/spears are boring! (Unless you're playing Swordcraft Story 1, in which case you should use a spear because they're super overpowered.)

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #733 on: June 15, 2011, 01:44:33 PM »
Just short of a x400 multiplier on Endless Despair (Suicidal).

:(

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #734 on: June 17, 2011, 03:21:34 PM »
Bought, started, and beat Outland in about four hours.

It really is Ikaruga The Stylish Platformer, I just kind of wish it didn't pretend to be open-ended exploration/metroidvania while actually being completely linear - it just means that you have to backtrack if you want all of the pointless collectibles.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #735 on: June 18, 2011, 01:16:31 AM »
Y'know, I thought all the new perks were gonna make Beat Hazard Ultra as easy as cake.

And then I got dragged into a minefield by tractor beams while frantically trying to evade homing meteors.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #736 on: June 18, 2011, 01:39:08 AM »
Mario & Luigi 3: No Dodging Time

Coming up next: The Final Boss!!

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #737 on: June 18, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »
Grandia ReDux - Finished up all my boss videos for the hack about a week ago.  Yeah, Gaia Core was painful as heck.  Evil Gaia managed to put up a fight for the first few minutes...until it used Snooze and I had Feena wake up Liete & Rapp and, with a few Cold spells stacked on Evil Gaia, infichained it to death (Yay Grandia bugs!).

Might & Magic 3 - Been playing this for a few days.  Pretty fun so far and less ass kickery involved at the start compared to the first two games...but that still doesn't forgive the game pulling a lovely one involving a door you must knock down and a spear trap right in front of it.  That means you have to take damage, bash the door down, take damage from the trap again, then you can move a step forward and cast a jump spell to bypass the next spear trap.

Even better...Cyclops enemies mulling about that I had to have buffs from a few wells on the world map to stand a chance against them...and even then, fighting more than 2 is basically death for me.

On the plus side...bombed a Cyclops Leader dude (With 2 people alive at the end, lulzs), then found a crapload of gold.  Having 800k+ gold is pretty nice.  Now if I could find someway to convert a portion of that into gems for lulzs, I'd be set.

My team is slightly different this time around.  Knight, Paladin, Ninja, Ranger, Cleric, Sorcerer.  The Ninja was previously a Robber and the Ranger used to be an Archer in the previous two games.

When I start playing M&M 4 + 5, I think I'll switch out my Knight and put a Barbarian in its place.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #738 on: June 19, 2011, 01:41:25 AM »
F.E.A.R. 2 was on sale and I liked the first so much I couldn't resist. It's alright thus far and I think the game certainly looks prettier, though why peeking around corners isn't allowed baffles me. It was such a big part of the first one. Still, everything feels so familiar.

There's a guy named Redd that dies early on in the game. I don't know how to feel about this.  :ohdear:

Edit: And now I'm apparently free pizza at an anime convention.  :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:01:01 AM by Reddyne »

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #739 on: June 19, 2011, 09:18:27 PM »
Alice Madness Returns

weeble

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #740 on: June 20, 2011, 04:29:32 AM »
New Vegas, where DR doesn't exist!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #741 on: June 20, 2011, 09:05:45 AM »
Trying to run through BIT.TRIP BEAT and CORE, hoping that the additional experience might help for later runs of Catharsis, which, like Growth, is severely lagging behind in terms of scoring.

Also, can anyone help me with figuring a decent translation for the following:
――概要:宝箱の配置は、慣れ親しんだ地の構図を示している――

――課題:情報が寄り集まる処と、競い高め合う処。2つの宝箱を開くべし――

All I get is that I'm supposed to recognize the layout and do something with a pair of treasure boxes. ATLAS and Google can't tell me anything more.
(Also, it probably would have helped a while back to realize that there were a number of items that were there just to sell, not to use as crafting ingredients.)

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-     Ahem. Apparently the solution was to compare the chests to the map of the main city and look for places I use (relatively) frequently. In this case, the Battle Arena and (since there's no Central Square) the Bar. It would have certainly helped if the map of the city wasn't done isometrically!

Tangentially related, the main character finally has some new threads. The downside? I had already dumped a crapload of gold just to upgrade his old clothes a few days back, and I don't appear to get a trans over for the clothing stats.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:10:51 PM by Amae Taiyomo »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #742 on: June 20, 2011, 08:14:07 PM »
Oh god.

I went out to buy toilet paper and came back with a 3DS.  Guys what happened.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #743 on: June 20, 2011, 08:16:28 PM »
Tower of Druaga and Galaga.

Galaga: Stage 21 with 183,000 points

Tower of Druaga: Floor 5
I hate this game

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #744 on: June 22, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »

I'm gonna kick your ass in buttpants

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

OncomingTraffic

• Get out of my Sanctum Solarium!
« Reply #745 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32:03 PM »
I picked up Valkyria Chronicles at Anime North and wow it's good game. Although starting off was bad since Lancers and Snipers can't even hit a target right in front of them.

Also continuing to play Ninja Gaiden II. I finished it on Way of the Mentor (I had to fight the final boss with no healing items - that was hard!). Now playing on Way of the Master Ninja and I must say: I thought it was nice to see no one with rapid-fire rocket launchers on the first level, but I'm already missing those spammy guys. At least I can see a rocket coming, but being juggled by explosive arrows is too much.

Edit:    Lol, I got the Indomitable Spirit achievement trying to kill the first boss. I'll probably continue 100 times on this difficulty alone. Now I can't get anywhere in chapter 2. How am I supposed to deal with archers while runnung on water. This isn't fair!

Got sick of Alma so I stopped playing Ninja Gaiden Black.

Replaying Lost Odyssey, Farcry 2 and Star Ocean.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:12:19 AM by OncomingTraffic »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #746 on: June 22, 2011, 11:40:30 PM »
Portal 2 is so damn addicting~

Farcry 2
Oh God...  I never want to play that game ever again.  So much walking...

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #747 on: June 23, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »
Finished Half-Life 2: Episode Two and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes.

« Reply #748 on: June 25, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »
finally started playing the copy of Devil Survivor I got for my bday last year

hello grinding

« Reply #749 on: June 26, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »
Dimahoo , still trying to understand scoring and stuff , but cool game regardless