Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 348664 times)

PK

• Border of Whatever
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2015, 11:59:30 AM »
Komachi being playable would be strange and great. She is a stage 5 equivalent, more or less.
Talking about Komachi, at the time of PoFV she said to Marisa that she was 10 years too young to think about her own death. I know it probably didn't have much meaning, but now it's exactly 10 years from that thing...

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2015, 12:08:06 PM »
Talking about Komachi, at the time of PoFV she said to Marisa that she was 10 years too young to think about her own death. I know it probably didn't have much meaning, but now it's exactly 10 years from that thing...
"Ten years too early" is a common Japanese phrase for chiding someone for their immaturity and lack of experience. Its variations have appeared more than once in Touhou. For an anime-style story it's typically used like this: "you are ten years too early to think of defeating me!" i.e. "go and train for another ten years before thinking of defeating me!"

The joke here is that Komachi used the phrase in a way that makes no logical sense, and Marisa immediately called her out. You shouldn't read too much into it.

Speaking of that, because the Touhou game scenarios are written as manzai comedy, I've been thinking that from a writing standpoint, the most important quality a main game playable character can have is NOT intelligence, or diligence, or any of the things you expect from a hero, but rather to play the part of the straight man well. They don't need to figure out the truth; rather, they should react to the ridiculous things the newly introduced bosses said in a funny way, and incite the bosses to say even funnier things.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:35:48 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »
Reimu and Marisa also both have the remarkable talent to play both the straight man or the boke equally well, depending on the context. This is their virtue as main characters.

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2015, 09:46:45 PM »

I spy a certain game in the background from one of ZUN's recent tweets. (Unfortunately, the caption talks about the beer though. ;w;" )

https://twitter.com/korindo/status/594010609143848960 Source
yawn...

« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2015, 10:07:31 PM »
Oh, that's interesting. There's some text on the right-hand frame that wasn't in previous screenshots. Too blurry to read, but it looks sort of similar to the "Chapter Finish" text, albeit with more headings. (Or maybe it's just for debug purposes? Who knows.) never mind :V thank u Not Bigode

The English text on the pause menu reads "to Waypoint" if you zoom really far in. Innnnteresting.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:19:10 AM by gilde »

cuc

« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2015, 10:09:35 AM »
ZUN: A large batch of CD-Rs with labels already printed have been delivered to us. So, we will burn them all... Doki doki

Someone: Sorry for replying to your tweet all of a sudden. This time, is there any saving Toramaru Shou in Touhou 13.5?

ZUN: I am not worthy of saving her; Toramaru Shou should be the one saving others - in the Buddhist sense.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:56:08 AM by cuc »

« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2015, 06:03:59 AM »
13.5 ----> 14.5

A slight mistake there, cuc. Was wondering about it for a while there.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #248 on: May 06, 2015, 01:18:58 AM »
"Ten years too early" is a common Japanese phrase for chiding someone for their immaturity and lack of experience. Its variations have appeared more than once in Touhou. For an anime-style story it's typically used like this: "you are ten years too early to think of defeating me!" i.e. "go and train for another ten years before thinking of defeating me!"

The joke here is that Komachi used the phrase in a way that makes no logical sense, and Marisa immediately called her out. You shouldn't read too much into it.

Speaking of that, because the Touhou game scenarios are written as manzai comedy, I've been thinking that from a writing standpoint, the most important quality a main game playable character can have is NOT intelligence, or diligence, or any of the things you expect from a hero, but rather to play the part of the straight man well. They don't need to figure out the truth; rather, they should react to the ridiculous things the newly introduced bosses said in a funny way, and incite the bosses to say even funnier things.
Yeah, i thought it would mean something like this. I'm always trying to see things where there are none :V

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #250 on: May 08, 2015, 01:00:17 PM »
Wh... is that a blood spatter on her hammer? o.o;; Like, that's the -last- thing I expect to see on a touhou cover XD
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #251 on: May 08, 2015, 01:30:03 PM »
Hello rabbit Seiga.

« Reply #252 on: May 08, 2015, 01:35:11 PM »
Well, rabbit with a bloodstained hammer. "Interesting" is an understatement.

cuc

« Reply #253 on: May 08, 2015, 01:42:46 PM »
May 10 is for Reitaisai

Ah, at last, the time has come.
Aside from things like a little spell-checking, the Touhou Kanjuden trial version is (to a large degree) completed.

[Image]
On that day, I will bring a CD like this to Reitaisai.
Each copy is 300 yen. Please take care.

This is the first time ever I caught myself doing game development so close to the deadline. To tell the truth, my hands are still shaking. Playing Lunatic too many times must have drained my energy... I meant to put up some game screenshots, but don't have the time to do it, so you will have to wait and see the game yourself at release.

Now that I got myself into attending Reitaisai in such a state, I just might collapse on the spot. Please take care of me if this happens. (In any case, there's a high chance I'll faint during Reitaisai.)

Well then, afterwards its (mass-scale) CD burning! We are on fire!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:53:41 PM by cuc »

« Reply #254 on: May 08, 2015, 01:44:49 PM »
Look at her bunny ears... look at her eyes. They are the same as Reisen's, which means that she is another moon rabbit, possibly with the power of the moon that drives people mad.

More material here that links the lunar capital as being a part of this storyline of this game.

Well, rabbit with a bloodstained hammer. "Interesting" is an understatement.

I like it... it's edgy! But lets not jump to conclusions just yet. It may or may not be blood.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #255 on: May 08, 2015, 01:54:59 PM »
Seems the Watatsukis made her troops go hardcore on their training after the last Genso-Lunar war

that or this one is a klutz who pounded red bean paste instead of mochi :V
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

UTW

« Reply #256 on: May 08, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »
Seems like the fandom might have a new yandere on its hands.

More material here that links the lunar capital as being a part of this storyline of this game.

I want the Watatsukis in this game so bad. I feel like the Mima nuts now.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #257 on: May 08, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »
Just look at that star and moon pattern on her blue dress. She might have reincarnated into a rabbit, but Mima's finally back.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #258 on: May 08, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »
It's like none of you have read Bunnicula.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »
I want the Watatsukis in this game so bad.

Be careful what you wish for.

In SSiB the Watatsukis completely demolished our earth dwelling heros/invaders. Even Yukari knew well the full potential of their power, avoiding a frontal confrontation at all costs.

If they actually are in this game, expect a difficulty that goes beyond Lunatic... Beyond PHANTASM!

Zun will go full CAVE on our asses  :3

Actually, I just remembered something. In SSiB, the Watatsukis said that killing is avoided and forbidden on the moon. Yet this new character is totally rockin' that blood splatter.

Rogue agent anyone?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:24:57 PM by HalfGrand »

« Reply #260 on: May 08, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »
Actually, I just remembered something. In SSiB, the Watatsukis said that killing is avoided and forbidden on the moon. Yet this new character is totally rockin' that blood splatter.

Rogue agent anyone?

Killing is forbidden on the moon. We're not on the moon. Toyohime was perfectly willing to kill on Earth with that super-fan of years. The idea is less that killing is morally wrong and more that the moon is a sacred place that should not be defiled by the kegare of death.

That said, I doubt we're dealing with the moon government here, because why the heck would they care about what's going on in Gensokyo? Maybe some moon rabbit rebellion or something.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:45:00 PM by Clarste »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2015, 02:58:19 PM »
Oh, so we're quick to accuse the moon rabbit of murder, eh? That stuff on the hammer could be anything. It could be red paint. It could be strawberry jam. I, personally, am reserving judgement for when the DNA analysis comes back. JUSTICE!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »
Let's consider for a second all of the evidence thus far, and realize that this character is obviously going to be a boss in this game. Maybe even the final or EX boss.

Either way, we will know about it all soon enough. For now, we wait.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #263 on: May 08, 2015, 03:27:15 PM »
Lunar Hammer Massacre confirmed for Touhou 15.

« Reply #264 on: May 08, 2015, 03:29:54 PM »
Let's consider for a second all of the evidence thus far, and realize that this character is obviously going to be a boss in this game. Maybe even the final or EX boss.

Either way, we will know about it all soon enough. For now, we wait.

ZUN wouldn't put the final/EX boss on the cover of the demo CD. She's more likely the stage 2 or stage 3 boss. She also resembles the girl in the announcement images.

(Honestly, I thought she was Kogasa for a second and I got reall excited T_T).

I have no idea, I'd like to think that this girl is an actual Lunatic (read: insane) rabbit with blood on her mallet, but it couod just be red bean paste. If she is a moon rabbit, it'll be interesting to see how she reacts to Reisen (the moon-war traitor).
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #265 on: May 08, 2015, 03:33:39 PM »
I like it... it's edgy! But lets not jump to conclusions just yet. It may or may not be blood.

Let's not kid ourselves. It's blood.

« Reply #266 on: May 08, 2015, 03:56:31 PM »
ZUN wouldn't put the final/EX boss on the cover of the demo CD. She's more likely the stage 2 or stage 3 boss. She also resembles the girl in the announcement images.

Yeah, this is almost certainly just a minor character. At best, she could hope for something like Nazrin's role. Which is at least connected to the main plot.

« Reply #267 on: May 08, 2015, 03:59:36 PM »
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #268 on: May 08, 2015, 04:20:12 PM »
I'm not convinced at all that that's blood. It's not like Touhou games have had anything close to resembling graphic content in the past, especially considering the lighthearted tone of EVERY game.

But you know the fandom is going to run away with it anyway. Expect art of the new character as a yandere any moment now.

« Reply #269 on: May 08, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
I'm not convinced at all that that's blood. It's not like Touhou games have had anything close to resembling graphic content in the past, especially considering the lighthearted tone of EVERY game.

But you know the fandom is going to run away with it anyway. Expect art of the new character as a yandere any moment now.

Remilia was introduced as "the Scarlet Devil", so named because she's a messy eater with bloodstained clothes. Also, it's sort of implied that she's shooting blood at you as her danmaku (confirmed in Grimoire of Marisa). Also, Sakuya theme is "The Maid and Blood-splattered pocketwatch", she's got a serial killer thing in her spellcards, and its implied that she kills people to feed to her vampire masters. And there's no need to mention everyone talking about eating people all the time.

EoSD was a pretty dark game. Now, it was all treated as a joke and some of it retconned in later games, but I don't see any reason for this game not to be equally dark.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:32:58 PM by Clarste »