Author Topic: MotK 3: Dead Townies [Day 2]  (Read 70010 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: MotK 3: Dead Townies [Day 1]
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2018, 09:37:43 PM »
Raikaria's prior posts [40] [41] [42] state that DeLurk is anti-town. I do not disagree entirely with this notion. However, what Raikaria has stated is not entirely accurate either.
As per rule 6 [30], the purpose of DeLurk is to remove a lurker from the game. I present the counter-argument that having a lurker exist within the game is anti-town.
Lurkers provide no contribution towards the continuation of the game state and serve as a distraction from criminals at best, and is an actual criminal in hiding at worst.
In order to remove a lurker from the game we need to use a lynch on it, which is a valuable and limited resource.
In addition, lynching a lurker provides very little information which makes having to use the lynch on it that much more painful.
And to further add to my point, the 22% chance of hitting a criminal with DeLurk assumes that everyone has an equal probability of being a criminal. If this were the case, it begs the question of why the random voting stage ever ends.

[30] 6. ##DeLurk: [player] in case someone's been lurking too much. Once ##DeLurk'd by 50%+1 of the living players, a player is up for Mod Kill at the end of the Day Phase. This Mod Kill does not replace the Lynch, and can only be stopped by ##Amnesty by DeLurking players. Example:
[40] Delurk is anti-town. Especially when the odds that it hits scum is only 22%. The only situation where I would support such an action is if we couple it with the Holy Night; also known as ##NoLynch. Potentially lynching a member of this Holy Congregation; having the Angels smite a second and then the Sinful kill a Third puts us 2/6 on Day 2.
[41] Delurk is a hideously anti-town motion when there is only a 22% chance it hits scum currently.
[42] I had managed to identify that Delurk was anti-town and should not be used.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2018, 09:52:08 PM »
Weighing Scale 1.1

Dormio(2): SB, Raikaria
Zakeri(2): BT, Serela
Serela(2): PX, Polaris
BT(2): Zakeri, Dormio
SB(1): ActionDan

Countdown! 2 hours remaining,

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »
Dan seems to be really incapacitated from his abdominal epilepsy episode because his vote is from page 2 of the thread. Other very recent votes: PX and Zak.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2018, 09:54:34 PM »
Discussions are what give the evidence to pass judgement. That is how we advance.

Yes, 22% is just relying on pure statistics. However when there are no confessions or interactions to go by with the congregation, there is nothing to go on either way.

And both you and Polaris have completely ignored my point that ActionDan is equally guilty of lurking in the shadows as PX is. What is it that makes PX worse than ActionDan? I myself have stated such [I found PX's 'let's see who's paying attention' post anti-town as is was little but fluff and distraction], but I see no such reasoning on your end.

And yet, despite both of you acknowledging that Delurk at least potentially is anti-town, and PX has stated he is working on something, neither of you have given Amnesty yet.

Regardless, I have received what I wanted from this topic in the congregation. And I wish to see what PX produces before coming to a distinct conclusion.

So; for the time being, I shall pass judgement upon the other major lurker, in a manner that does not potentially condemn the righteous to a Day 2 MYLO. This is far from a final vote, as I have previously stated, my confessional booth is open all day.

##: Unvote
##Vote: ActionDan

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2018, 09:55:15 PM »
Did I say recent? I meant the exact opposite. I really made a galactocele out of that one..

« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2018, 09:55:50 PM »
amnesty doesn't even work like that, read the rules

« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2018, 09:57:53 PM »
like holy frick raikaria i didn't know you were this much of a dingus

i'm not even going to name a fruit in this post because i'm just like wtf

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2018, 09:58:43 PM »
This post is a response to a valid point brought up by Raikaria [43].
##DeLurk: ActionDan
I had overlooked ActionDan's very existence due to my other engagements within the game.

[43] And both you and Polaris have completely ignored my point that ActionDan is equally guilty of lurking in the shadows as PX is. What is it that makes PX worse than ActionDan? I myself have stated such [I found PX's 'let's see who's paying attention' post anti-town as is was little but fluff and distraction], but I see no such reasoning on your end.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »
Hey, Rai? Let's not spread our votes 2 hours from deadline. That would be a real autosomal colloid cyst of a move.

« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2018, 10:01:52 PM »
i wanted to go away from the computer and take a chill pill and come back cool as a cucumber but i realized it's nearly deadline and i guess we should think about consolidating considering how bad the votecount looks rn

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2018, 10:03:05 PM »
Also, due to the fact that I cannot allow any misconceptions surrounding the rules to exist, I shall address an additional point within Raikaria's post [44].
As per the precedent set in rule 6 [30], amnesty can only be provided once the motion to DeLurk has been passed.
Therefore, due to the fact that the motions to DeLurk that I have presented have not yet been passed, it is as of the current time impossible to provide amnesty.

[30] 6. ##DeLurk: [player] in case someone's been lurking too much. Once ##DeLurk'd by 50%+1 of the living players, a player is up for Mod Kill at the end of the Day Phase. This Mod Kill does not replace the Lynch, and can only be stopped by ##Amnesty by DeLurking players. Example:
[44] And yet, despite both of you acknowledging that Delurk at least potentially is anti-town, and PX has stated he is working on something, neither of you have given Amnesty yet.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »
Ayy, Dormio, who would you consolidate on if my wagon doesn't diffuse-panbronchiolitis out?

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2018, 10:05:41 PM »
Did you know that some cats are allergic to humans?

Reading up.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2018, 10:06:22 PM »
Anyone want to join the Zak wagon and push for a claim? I'm here with the defibrillator.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2018, 10:08:19 PM »
I make the above post with the knowledge that Serela seems pretty OK to me and capable to interact with the game and post content like a normal person, like, his latest posts give me the same vibe from yesterday that he's pretty chillax with everything. I'd probably vote Dormio before I vote Serela. But I'd vote Zak over both, because he has some serious Cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase deficiency.

« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2018, 10:13:42 PM »
Nyo ho ho~ You're so silly.
day one scum reads are not real
Zhat is the only reason lurker hunts are even appreciated during day one. I do agree with Raikaria that delurking is not a tool that should be used one day one of all places- the time of the game with the least amount of content and

Se detendre, BT, I have indeed read  your posts and discovered little positive intention. While it is true you are direction conversation, The tone with which you make such directions appear to line up with somebody who would rather not be voted. Quoi qu'il en soit, I do not feel you vote on me is a meaningful attempt at scumhunting like Serela's. I have no reason to move my vote as of yet.

« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2018, 10:14:24 PM »
I am conflicted about the Zak wagon because the people currant-ly voting him are BT and Serela and you know how I feel about them `_`

eagerly waiting for SB's post because at the moment he's the one person I wouldn't want to vig if I had a vig

« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2018, 10:15:19 PM »
i do have a fig though, anyone want figs

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2018, 10:17:19 PM »
This post is a response to BT's prior post [45].
Out of the potential options [46] provided in the most recent unofficial votecount [47], if a lynch on BT appeared to be impossible, the only other option that I would consider at that point would be Zakeri.

[45] Ayy, Dormio, who would you consolidate on if my wagon doesn't diffuse-panbronchiolitis out?
[46] Dormio, Zakeri, Serela, BT
[47] Weighing Scale 1.1

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2018, 10:17:50 PM »
Hey, Rai? Let's not spread our votes 2 hours from deadline. That would be a real autosomal colloid cyst of a move.

I intend to try and make use of every hour of the Day that God has given us. I will be here at the end, and I have a priority list and will act accordingly if consolidation is required.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2018, 10:19:01 PM »
Just came in fresh from reading the rules again, and a round of the good ol' nasogastric tube. Two things:

1) This game is role-madness. More reason to hear out claims ASAP.
2) We don't have to get majority in order to lynch someone. But I'd much rather we'd act like we do. It'll be much harder for wagon analysis later if there's no reason to build the wagons.

« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2018, 10:23:41 PM »
What is with your insistence of electrocuting me?

2) We don't have to get majority in order to lynch someone. But I'd much rather we'd act like we do. It'll be much harder for wagon analysis later if there's no reason to build the wagons.

Au contraire, Mon Cherry. I'm actually excited for zhis turnout because we are at a place where the swing of wagons has much more weight. I feel analysis in the future may become easier with zhese new rules.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2018, 10:24:07 PM »
Se detendre, BT, I have indeed read  your posts and discovered little positive intention. While it is true you are direction conversation, The tone with which you make such directions appear to line up with somebody who would rather not be voted. Quoi qu'il en soit, I do not feel you vote on me is a meaningful attempt at scumhunting like Serela's. I have no reason to move my vote as of yet.
Sure, I'd rather not get lynched, I heard the faculty at the morgue really stink. Entertaining for a bit that I'm town and this is just how I post, what else is going on? And when you do tell me what's going on, refer to specific things that the person has done. I'm getting real tired of this boilerplate vague stuff a la "meaningful attempt at scumhunting".

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2018, 10:24:39 PM »
What is with your insistence of electrocuting me?

Au contraire, Mon Cherry. I'm actually excited for zhis turnout because we are at a place where the swing of wagons has much more weight. I feel analysis in the future may become easier with zhese new rules.
Naw man that just means the scumteam have much more control over the vote because they have options and they can just swing it at the last second. Hello, defibrillator.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2018, 10:25:46 PM »
I horribly miscounted and am still at work for another hour, but in the spirit of helping from what I've been sneaking through I have no real reason to hang Raikaria although I do not agree with his vote reasons on Dormio, and Serela is really whatever so no real opinions on whether he should hang or not.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2018, 10:27:02 PM »
Serela: you make it sound like all I've been doing is defending, what the heck kind of lazy read is that?
If you're reading, I'd rather you just quick respond to this please. I hear a little thought staves away the Extramammary Paget's disease

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2018, 10:27:21 PM »
Out of the potential options [46] provided in the most recent unofficial votecount [47], if a lynch on BT appeared to be impossible, the only other option that I would consider at that point would be Zakeri.

[46] Dormio, Zakeri, Serela, BT

Dormio; what is it that makes you now not support a Serela lynch in any way? Everything I have seen you say regarding Serela has been neutral to negative. You seem to just give him a pass for his suspicious actions and lack of scumhunting due to 'stupidity and negligence'.

I do not intend this as an accusation, more an inquiry that I would like answered before the congregation. It may help people make their decisions. Any information helps our holy cause.

Naw man that just means the scumteam have much more control over the vote because they have options and they can just swing it at the last second. Hello, defibrillator.

It also means scum may only need to convince 1 or 2 townies to vote with them. As you have been rather strongly attempting to do, to the point of berating me for 'spreading votes'. The blade cuts both ways.

I horribly miscounted and am still at work for another hour, but in the spirit of helping from what I've been sneaking through I have no real reason to hang Raikaria although I do not agree with his vote reasons on Dormio, and Serela is really whatever so no real opinions on whether he should hang or not.

I would appreciate it if people stopped putting a target on my back for the wicked to perform Sin. Being put as clear townreads by multiple people could lead to the leader of this holy communion dying sooner than he would appreciate.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2018, 10:28:08 PM »
This post is a response to BT's prior post [45].
Sure, but can you tell the good neurosurgeon why, or why not others?

« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2018, 10:29:12 PM »
PX that's a bizarre opinion on Serela considering you are currant-ly voting him :V

(idk if he'll respond to this by today but this is something we can work through later)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2018, 10:31:33 PM »
It also means scum may only need to convince 1 or 2 townies to vote with them. As you have been rather strongly attempting to do, to the point of berating me for 'spreading votes'. The blade cuts both ways.
Look I'd rather not go big on the theory talk here but every fiber of my being is telling me that wagons the collapse and coalesce at the last second are ba-a-a-ad, the scumteam always take advantage of the chaos.
Town forms wagons. Town runs a person to the brink of death. Town sets the rules on the ground.
Scum try to make things fluid so they can manipulate the situation.
I have your oxygen mask right here.