Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 469701 times)

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
Different Romanization systems treat that group of syllables differently. Some use za/zi/zu/ze/zo, others use ja/ji/ju/je/jo.
Other examples are:
Saigyouji/Saigyouzi and Shameimaru/Syameimaru

After fighitng with Ichirin, Kokoro starts challenging people for the title of the strongest. By the end of Hopeless Masquerade, she has 7 or 9 strongest titles.

Man, Its a shame Yuka and Cirno aren't playable.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
Man, Its a shame Yuka and Cirno aren't playable.

Some of the characters in the PC-98 games(especially PoDD) say that they're the strongest as well.

I never realized there were so many titles of the Strongest.
I feel like I've unlocked a brand new understanding of this world.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
The 3rd patch has been released ( ̄ー ̄) .
But still no Kokoro ⌐_⌐‘ .

PS: they don't even talk about her in their last blog entry, I hate them.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:15:35 AM by ElGreko »

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
But still no Kokoro ⌐_⌐? .

Does anyone have the patch notes?
I finally got ahead!

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Yep (untranslated):

<システム>
   ・アニメーション不具合を修正
   ・プラクティスのリセット処理不具合を修正
   ・一部の攻撃の演出中に時間切れになるとゲームが止まる不具合を修正
   ・時間切れ決着時にスナップショットが正常に撮影されない不具合を修正
   ・プラクティスモードの受身方向が簡易プラクティスでも影響していた不具合を修正
   ・攻撃側が画面端を背負っている状態でのチキンガードでも間合いが離れるように調整
   ・上下吹き飛びやられにキャラクター毎の不正な差が生じていたため、共通の動きとなるように調整
   ・カウンターヒット時のヒットストップ延長を削除
   ・画面外の滞在を続けると人気が低下し始めるように変更
   ・ダッシュの入力時、二度目の方向キーを入れ続けると入力受理が延長されるように変更
   ・CZキーで入力した技が成立しなかった場合、何も技が出ないように変更
   ・ステージとBGMをランダム選択時にBGMを固定するように変更

<アイテム>
   ・魔女の箒を相手に背を向けて使用した時にバックダッシュが出ていた不具合を修正
   ・厳つがましい笏のチャージ維持は時間切れ、決着で停止するように調整

<霧雨魔理沙>
   ・ラストワードを特定キャラクターに当てると強制終了する不具合を修正
   ・上強打を上空で出した際に出始めに自然落下影響を受けるように調整

<聖白蓮>
   ・弱射撃がグレイズできない事がある不具合を修正
   ・上に移動している際にダッシュA、AAAの横ブレーキが強いままであった不具合を修正
   ・上強打を上空で出した際に出始めに自然落下影響を受けるように調整

<物部布都>
   ・チャージオーラの不具合を修正
   ・皿の設置範囲に上下の制限を追加。置かれた皿は範囲内に戻るよう移動します
   ・下強打を上空で出した際に出始めに自然落下影響を受けるように調整
   ・天の磐舟を出した際に高度が高いと終了時のジャンプ高度が低くなるように調整

<豊聡耳神子>
   ・ラウンド移行時にマントの表示が戻らないことがある不具合を修正
   ・強射撃の一部に相殺判定がない不具合を修正
   ・人気増減影響の不具合を修正

<河城にとり>
   ・菊一文字コンプレッサーの爆風に攻撃がヒットする不具合を修正
   ・上強打を上空で出した際に降下を経由して発動するように調整

<古明地こいし>
   ・X射撃に被弾判定がついている不具合を修正
   ・攻撃が強制発動する際、霊力が0以下だと不正な処理を行うことがある不具合を修正
   ・攻撃の強制発動は霊力が0以下の状態でも行われるように調整

<二ッ岩マミゾウ>
   ・チャージオーラの不具合を修正
   ・AA8Aの移動、効果音タイミングの不具合を修正

(copied from history.txt)

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
Based on how much Chinese I can read (which is to say poorly), they appear to be balance changes. Yeah, no Kokoro spell cards yet.

Ok, used Google Translate for this (some have faulty translations, esp the names, have to retype them):

<System>
   - Fixed animation bug
   - Fixed the reset process failure of practice
   - Fixed a bug where the game stops and the time expires for the direction of the attack of some
   - Fixed a bug that snapshot is not taken properly expires at settlement
   - Fixed a bug that passive direction of the practice mode is also affected by simple practices
   -Reach adjustment is away in the chicken guard in the state where the attacker is carrying a screen edge
   ? Since the illegal of character each has occurred to be done blown off up and down, adjusted so that the movement of common
   ? Delete hit stop extension of counter hit
   And changes in popularity as begins to decrease and continue to stay off-screen
   -Change input acceptance to be extended when entering the dash, and continue into the direction key for the second time
   ? If a skill that you entered in CZ key is not satisfied, change the skill no longer appears nothing
   - Modified to fix the BGM randomly selected the BGM and stage

<Item>
   - Fixed a bug that was out the back dash when used with his back turned toward the other party a witch's broom
   ? Ikatsu is adjusted to stop timeout, settled in the charge of maintaining Masui scepter

<Kirisame Marisa>
   - Fixed bug to kill and hit the specific character the last word
   And adjustment to receive a gravity effect to start out when it is out in the sky above the swipe

<Hijiri Byakuren>
   - Fixed the problem that the weak shooting can not be Grey's
   - Fixed bug side brake dash A, the AAA has remained strong when you are moving on
   And adjustment to receive a gravity effect to start out when it is out in the sky above the swipe

<Futo>
   - Fixed bug of charge aura
   ? Addition of the upper and lower limit to the installation range of dishes. To move so that it returns to the range within the dish was placed
   And adjustment to receive a gravity effect to start out when it is out in the sky above the lower swipe
   And adjustment of the jump altitude at the end to be lower altitude is high when it issued a Iwao boat of heaven

<Miko>
   - Fixed the problem that the display of the cloak does not return to round transition
   - Fixed bug there is no decision to offset part of the strength shooting
   - Fixed bug in popularity increase and decrease impact

<Nitori>
   - Fixed a bug that attack to hit the blast of chrysanthemum character compressor
   And adjustment to activate via the drop when it is out in the sky above the swipe

<Komeiji Koishi>
   - Fixed a bug that struck judgment is attached to the X-fire
   ? When the attack to force trigger, fixed a problem that is performed an illegal operation and spiritual power that said they less than or equal to 0
   And forced activation of attack adjustment to take place even when spiritual power is less than or equal to 0

<Futatsuiwa Mamizou>
   - Fixed bug of charge aura
   - Fixed move of AA8A, the problem of sound effect timing
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:46:26 AM by Darth_Sirov »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
But still no Kokoro ⌐_⌐? .

I'm sorry you wasted so much money on this game. :C
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
This can't be a result of the 1.03b patch, can it?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64600169/sduj.jpg (linked because the image is almost 300 KB big) (also, I freaking hate 1366x768) (arrow points to first unlocked stage)

I've only cleared Reimu's, Marisa's, Byakuren's, Miko's and Ichirin's stories so far, mind you.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
seems like there's an adjustment to popularity gain, I recall counterhits grant +/- 5% (and 10% when your meter is full). Now, it seems to grants 10% even when it's not full... and I just realized that it also included the 1st attack. So, never mind what I said.

Also, they didn't fix the newspaper bug.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:15:14 AM by Darth_Sirov »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Has anybody played through Mami Lunatic story mode? I get horribly wrecked at Reimu's 2nd spell card. It is like close to impossible to even to fight unless you got 2 spell cards to spam and a lot of luck.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:45:25 AM by Helepolis »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
...Chicken guard?

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
My Google Translate is better than your Google Translate.
Although my English isn't quite good.

<System>
Fixed some animation bugs.
Fixed Reset(F1) in Practice.
Fixed a bug where timing out a round while certain attacks are being displayed will cause the game to crash
Fixed the bug where the game won't take a snapshot when the round ends by timeout.
Fixed a bug where changing the "Teching Direction" in Practice Mode also effects Simple Practice. (What's 簡易プラクティス supposed to be?)
Changed so that Chicken Guard pushes the Defender back when the Attacker has her back on the edge of the screen.

Not really sure what 上下吹き飛び is supposed to mean, but I think that it's supposed to be ceiling-slam(?) and floor-slam.
Changed so that these two works the same on all characters. Apparently some characters behaved somewhat differently to the same attack.

Changed so that Counterhits have the same amount of hitstun as normal hits.
Trying to stay out of the screen for too long will cause Popularity to start dropping.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean, but I guess it gives more time to input window for dashing was extended.

Now nothing happens when failing a C or Z attack.. (Before, for example, trying to use 6C while the character has no spirit will cause 6B to come out)
When selecting Random in Stage Select, the BGM depends on the stage.

<Item>
Fixed a bug where using the "Broom" item while facing away from the opponent causes the character to backdash.
Fixed so that getting a timeout or finishing the match will stop the effects of holding out the "Ritual Baton" item.

<Kirisame Marisa>
Fixed a bug where hitting certain characters with her Last Word will cause the game to crash. (I blame the cape)
Marisa is now effected by gravitation when she uses 8B on higher air.

<Hijiri Byakuren>
Fixed a bug where her X projectiles were ungrazeable. (What)
Not sure what this is exactly trying to say, but something about the braking effects of DA and AAA lingering when Byakuren moves upward.
Byakuren is now effected by gravitation when she uses 8B on higher air.

<Mononobe no Futo>
Fixed the charge aura.(I think that it refers to Buddhism's charge attacks)
Put a vertical limit on plate positions. Plates that would go out of bounds will move to get in bounds.
Futo is now effected by gravitation when she uses 2B on higher air.
Futo will jump out lower when she jumps out of her boat at high altitude.

<Toyosatomimi no Miko>
Fixed the bug where the cape color isn't reset at the next round.
Fixed a bug where some parts of her Y projectile(?) didn't have a cancelling hixbox.
Fixed a bug related to effects of Popularity. (It's rather ambiguous)

<Kawashiro Nitori>
Fixed a bug where the explosion of the Compresser also had a hitbox.
Nitori will drop down before attacking when using 8B on higher air.

<Komeiji Koishi>
Fixed a bug where her X projectiles had a hixbox.(If the opponent attacked the projectile, Koishi would have been hit, or I think that's what it meant)
Fixed a bug where the game does wrong calculations on Koishi's spirit when she launchs a forced attack while spirit was below zero.
Koishi will now launch forced attacks even when her spirit is below zero.

<Futatsuiwa Mamizou>
Fixed the charge aura.
Fixed movement and SFX timing on AA8A

The newspaper bug now works differently. Still a bug.

Chicken Guard is when you press an attack button while guarding.
A blue shield will surround when the character guards an attack, and the opponent will be pushed backwards.
Using it too much will cause a drop in popularity.

Mamizou leans back slightly when she is in the path of her Tsurube skill. Such details.
Signature

Kilgamayan

• True
Thank God the Futo plate thing has been fixed. I got a plate off the top of the screen right at the beginning of the Kokoro Story Mode battle and it severely nerfed her fireball.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
Has anybody played through Mami Lunatic story mode? I get horribly wrecked at Reimu's 2nd spell card. It is like close to impossible to even to fight unless you got 2 spell cards to spam and a lot of luck.

I usually just muscle it out, use the Homing Lantern Will-o-wisp attack, or spam the Nurikube (wall). Last one is fun, as it makes you move vertically quickly and may make those amulets miss a lot.

On a side note, Mamizou is insanely evil, and is far more dangerous than Kokoro due to the same reason as with Reimu's 2nd spell card.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I usually just muscle it out, use the Homing Lantern Will-o-wisp attack, or spam the Nurikube (wall). Last one is fun, as it makes you move vertically quickly and may make those amulets miss a lot.

On a side note, Mamizou is insanely evil, and is far more dangerous than Kokoro due to the same reason as with Reimu's 2nd spell card.
I get trapped in a stun continuously due to either losing spirit by too much blocking or getting ass kicked and ping-pong'd around the entire field. Her 1st and 3rd card are joke.

Also every time I try the Nurikube wall she just denies me with her mini amulets. Well, I did /rq after I had no more continues left :V and before that I almost beaten her when she needed 1 more will-o-wisp lantern attack but decided to block it effectively and then place a mega large barrier in my face.

I'll retry it today again.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Talking about Nurikabe, I identified more youkai species in addition to the ones I already recognized here http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14812.msg981239.html#msg981239 .
The small ugly one just on the top of the lantern one is a Nuppeppo, the blue-haired woman is a Yukionna, and the red one on the bottom of the page is an Inugami.
There is still the one with the lizard head that I don't recognize, (the woman with an insectoid body is probably a Sazae-oni or a Kiyohime but I'm not sure about that).

I'm sorry (...)
Why being sorry? It's not your fault! -‿- I figure you're not working in the game's development team since you don't speak the language, so why feeling personally concerned? ( ̄ー ̄)

Kilgamayan

• True
Consider it more an expression of sympathy than an apology. Having been throught tight times myself for a good while, I feel for people that spend this kind of money on a product they're not satisfied with.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Oh, thank you then ( ̄ー ̄) .
Well, I'm not unsatisfied by the game itself though, so I don't feel like I wasted any money ( ?‿‿? ), the delays to finish the game are quite long but I still love the game, let's just hope they finally finish it ◠‿‿◠.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Darth_Sirov, I managed to luck through Reimu's spell card after like being smashed all around. The Nurikube was ineffective as I expected because the amulets fly past really really fast and any additional she spawns (the twin spinnings) or the homing ones will just disable it. I kept on using the lantern and any combo I could pull off (TL DR: LUCK). Had to blow a continue for Reimu and 2 lives =.=

Surprisingly, For me, Kokoro was 100000x easier to beat on Lunatic. Mainly because none of the spell cards are actually annoying. Perhaps the first one, but that is a matter of smart timing to graze/puncture through. I found myself a new favourite char for this game next to Byakuren.

Edit: updated opening post with latest info.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:09:49 PM by Helepolis »

Now nothing happens when failing a C or Z attack..
THANK YOU TASOFRO

god i hated when that happened
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:29:34 PM by Suikama »

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
Changed so that Counterhits have the same amount of hitstun as normal hits.

Yay for no double jeopardy! Getting hit and comboed, losing popularity, and losing momentum are more than punishment enough for being counterhit, it's really silly that so many games include additional punishment in the form of more one-sided gameplay from even longer combos.

Trying to stay out of the screen for too long will cause Popularity to start dropping.

And a Negative Penalty too!

I'm really liking how this is shaping up and look forward even more to getting this soon c:
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Just practiced with Reimu VS Futo (Normal Mode).
I used a spell card and the timer stopped until I used it which I find weird.
Can anyone test it out and see if this is intentional or a bug?  :ohdear:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Just practiced with Reimu VS Futo (Normal Mode).
I used a spell card and the timer stopped until I used it which I find weird.
Can anyone test it out and see if this is intentional or a bug?  :ohdear:
its intentional

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
It's always been like this, even from the first versions of the game.
If you declare a spell, you'll freeze the timer until you use it or you wait until your spell cancels itself.
(lot of people talked about it in the topic by the way ( ̄ー ̄) )

PS: it's very useful if you're about to lose because of the popularity and you're running out of time, this can give you some extra seconds to try to win by KO before the opponent wins by popularity.

(You can also make a "psychological pressure" on the opponent and try to force him to play more "defensive", and then make his popularity drop and raise yours, even if the match is almost over since the time is frozen.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:30:01 PM by ElGreko »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Huh... I never noticed that until now, sweeet! ~  :D

Thanks for the fast confirmation Suikama and ElGreko.

According to Pooshlmer, Tasofro's blog said something about the next patch not being bug fixes. Can anyone confirm that?

AnonymousPondScum

According to Pooshlmer, Tasofro's blog said something about the next patch not being bug fixes. Can anyone confirm that?

I just hope it's not about INTRODUCING bugs, either. :getdown:

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Oh really? Well they better be making the game more fun. I need more entertainment.  :3