Author Topic: I am making a Touhou Fire emblem game for Maptools  (Read 5874 times)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
I am making a Touhou Fire emblem game for Maptools
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »
Download maptools from here, http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads#MapTool (As the link follows, the thing you want is called Maptool "maptool-1.3.b82.zip", this is one I used to make the maps. But anything works, other than that any other ver works, but you wont be able to connect with me with a different ver. We aren't trying to connect though.. we can try sometime, just hop on IRC...)

Latest campaign file:http://www.mediafire.com/?j1c277p95x9yrhq

Discussion thread: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,8564.0.html

Instructions below
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:07:43 PM by Berzul »

Schezo

• en-counse
Re: I am making a Touhou Fire emblem game for Maptools
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:14:13 PM »
I'd be willing to help you out on this/ play it if that's what you are talking about.  I'm not sure what you want me to give you other than I'd play the normal/hard difficulty.

And yes, I'm going to shamelessly leave this here and see if you would want to play with us after you get 10 posts on this website.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:28 PM »
Oh well 10 posts on this website now.. it would have to be here... or somewhere else then...

Since I can, here is a link of something I made for ppl that do not know about Maptools that much (http://www.justin.tv/berzul/videos). Maybe I should remade this into more current version?

And that being said... yes, searching players for a RPG is major problem for this kind of games, but I am happy anyways that ppl try to make FE into Touhou.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 03:18:49 PM »
And since I would benefit for double posting... It is ok to request a spot in http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,7661.0.html from here?

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 04:35:32 AM »
This is very interesting and I wouldn't mind playing this and helping you find glitches or some such.

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
As far as Joining Sake Emblem goes, just get your 10 posts and then pop into the discussion thread on Rumia's Party Games.

But as far as this thread goes, as to not get off topic, this concept looks pretty interesting. Have you gotten a basic idea of the story/characters used/stat growths/that kinda thing?

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »
Well.. Story is written to the end, Basic character design.. I think I can send a test file, of "stage 1" that I made for testing.. since it contains most of the things..

And Yes.. Balance would be the most difficult part, I do attempt to kinda make my own, by having 6 basic classes, that are actually races, building up into some sort of more specialized advance classes later. However... as the enemies uses the same base units, as the characters, this solely can lead to a balanced experience. On the other hand, it would be ok if you guys would give any suggestions.

Mainly I have planned for one thing, playing this game solely on Maptools, it is all you need really... However since I see the advantages of a forum game, not having need of you all being in the same place at the same time. You can use Maptools as a some sort of an experiment ground, as I will continue to complete the campaign there.

On a second note, Because I forgot to ask, do you guys know Maptools, how it works and such?

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 10:28:48 PM »
No not really, I'm not good at coding stuff....

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 03:10:06 AM »
Here is a sample.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j1c277p95x9yrhq (Of all this will work... fully)

And how to use it, I don't need I need to make another thread about it, however it is not final, so I will just briefly explain everything, about Maptools, and my project.

Firstly, you would need to download the program(Maptool, other are kinda support for it, but this is the main thing) from http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads . A note, you can use any latest version there is, it does not matter, if you aren't trying to connect to anyone( Like I am using maptool-1.3.b82.zip ). Then you need the same version as the guy you are trying to connect. We can talk later whenever you want me to put the server on-line there running, it requires, for my router to turn off his firewall....

Anyway, when you manage to run the program, using whatever Java executable you find (usually it has the version name with it). Just click file>open campaign and put Stage1.cmpgn in it. It will pop up something looking like this.... (note that the default settings of Maptool will give you more stuff, like library, chat, which you don't really need, and you can consider closing it)

An explanation to this (Sorry if you do not understand Polish...)

1. This is the gray out screen, it server no purpose whatsoever.The grass will endlessly loop, so you want to keep the screen centred on the map.

2.This is a token, you can drag it, and move around with in on the board. This particular fairy sprite works as enemy. It has it own stats, which will be explained later.
When you hover your over it, it will display it's name, like the current number 2 is called "Bfairy 1" which means this is a "Bow fairy", the one is just there, because there can't be any tokens with the same name (hence numbers for Bfairy, Bfairy 1, Bfairy 2, etc...)
Another option you can consider is putting few things, like grid, token names, by accessing the "View" tab at the top of the window.

3.This token is a boss, as the "shield" icon would tell you. It is actually an state, by Maptool language.

4.Those tokens, are units which you will be able to control in game. Right clicking on any of them, or any of the tokens will open [5]

5.This is a bunch of options which 2 are the most important. Impersonate, which is later needed to use macros with it, and edit, which would allow you to change anything in the token stats, looks, states, etc....

6.This state, under the fairy, is indicating, that it will drop an item.

7 and 8.This window is the Macro section. You can open them by clicking on window>campaign(Note that there is also Global macros, and unit specific, but I will just have campaign ones in every map/campaign). Now.. this stuff I needed to make so ppl would understand easy what does it do? (Simple math, nothing that much of coding there...).

First, you want to impersonate an specific token, let's say Aya. You want to check your hit chance against a BFairy. When you click the "chance click" button/macro (right click to edit), it will pop up an window "insert value for Aya" + "Value for enemyis" (Essentially I wanted it just to say "enemyis" but... oh well). Now guess what you do? You just need to put the name of the enemy you want to check the chance, that bfariy for example... It will return you this, in the chat window.

Aya:
Aya========bfairy
85 % to hit vs 72 %
8 damage vs 5 damage
11 critial chanse vs 0
17hp vs 13hp

And this is basically what macros do, as well as do randomized battles, level ups, terrain bonuses and equipment. It will ask you simple questions, like equipwhat? which ask you which on the weapon in your inventory you would like to equip.

⑨. You should be familiar with. Those sprites I use to copy/randomise stats, and with [10], the armoury I use to build tokens for maps. All weapons have their stats from fire emblem d20, (Well except the "+ critical rate", but I don't use in this system, although no problem into making it into the game), and base stats, are there, except not all the rates, but I think the discussion on that would be on another topic...

11.This is a manual interpretation of an inventory screen. It will only show what items your unit currently have, and what item does it equips.

IMPORTANT

It does not work that you drag the items , and the unit automatically equips it, which I wanted.. but I don't think it can be done with macros....

End of IMPORTANT

12.This smaller screen pops us, when you hover over an item, it will say it's current durability as well as CW that stands for current weapon.

13.The larger screen pops up when you hover over an unit. It states Movement, AtHP(current hp), Might(overall damage), durability (of current weapon the token is using) and the current weapon. There are other stats, used to determine which strength or magic, defence or resistance, which can can viewed with edit.

That would be for the "Trial" version of the game...

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:56:46 AM by Berzul »

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 03:30:56 AM »
Hmm, I see...

So, ah, which tool do you download?