Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 286644 times)

Drake

Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #480 on: April 30, 2016, 02:38:34 AM »
I've been playing Enter the Gungeon lately. It's pretty good; a roguelike top-down semi-bullet-hell with a really great theme and aesthetic. More bullet hell than Isaac, but more cover shooter than true bullet hell. Actually quite difficult and has plenty of content that isn't trivially obtained. Even the achievements are generally worth calling actual achievements. Worth the money I threw at it after watching a couple streams.

You can actually watch me play it for a little bit right now.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 02:47:17 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #481 on: April 30, 2016, 04:54:02 AM »
I've went back to Runescape. I'm enjoying the new client, especially the new water textures and whatnot. There's this annoying input lag that makes me click on everything a bunch of times though (it existed in the old version too). The community is really nice: bunch of drop parties, lots of help if needed, etc. I really enjoy fishing, mainly because everybody just chats all day.

Sometimes, I'll go and play some TF2, but I'm not that good and I usually derp a lot. But it's fun!!!!!!!!!!!

There's also this game called Tanki Online that I play quite a bit, but for me it's a love/hate relationship because the battle chat is often toxic, it's quite pay2win, and it's mostly the same maps over and over, even though there's like 20 others that need some love. But the upsides of it are that its simplicity is its charm, and that it's addictive. I tell myself "30 mins then do other stuff so it can get done early" but that turns into an hour or more.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #482 on: May 01, 2016, 10:10:19 PM »
Contemplating as whether or not i should buy bullet heaven 2 on steam

looks good but $9 is kinda pricey considering there's a 'free' version on Kongregate
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #483 on: May 02, 2016, 02:00:47 AM »
Have any of you beaten Hyperdevotion Noire? If so, how balanced is it, compared to the mainline Neptunia games?

yomichiyu

• party up in here
« Reply #484 on: May 03, 2016, 04:39:37 AM »
Been playing the Warriors Orochi series again. Not sure if that's a good idea since I have other games I need to finish/continue playing, especially Hyrule Warriors Legends (which I've played continuously since it came out). But on the plus side, it'll give me more reasons to persuade a friend to try the WO games. We're huge fans of the Warriors franchise but he hasn't play much games from it :V

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #485 on: May 03, 2016, 08:11:41 PM »
Looking for netplay co-op partners for some good old games - Doom 1/2, its megawads and other games on that engine, Build engine games (Duke Nukem 3D etc.), Serious Sam (original TFE and TSE), maybe even something on arcade/console emulators too.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #486 on: May 04, 2016, 07:41:14 AM »
Contemplating as whether or not i should buy bullet heaven 2 on steam

looks good but $9 is kinda pricey considering there's a 'free' version on Kongregate
Well you'd get to fight more bosses (among other things, but this is the most important one obviously), but I can't say how difficult they are because I don't have the Steam version.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #487 on: May 05, 2016, 11:49:56 AM »
Bought the Carpe Fulgr bundle and have been replaying Recettear as well as playing Fortune Summoners.

On that note:

Fortune Summoners is absolutely adorable, it's also got really strong gameplay. It's an action platformer with pretty strong AI, and heavily reliant on stunlocking and comboing foes since they tend to be pretty devious and good at dodging (the tougher ones will stunlock you just as readily as you can them). The learning curve is tough and the game takes a lot of real skill to play (trying to button mash with your sword will just result in enemies dodging you and killing you), but its fantastic.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:53:42 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2016, 12:03:27 AM »
help overwatch is fun I do not have the money for this

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2016, 02:48:27 PM »
I did choose to buy bullet heaven 2

and the bosses are really hard

Which is good  :)

now i have to convice my siblings to play the game with me because it comes with local multiplayer
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:54:37 PM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:

« Reply #490 on: May 06, 2016, 04:35:53 PM »
For the past few weeks I've been playing a lot of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide.

If you like Left 4 Dead then you should definitely get this game. There's greater melee focus and it's all around harder, but lots of replayability with the loot system and variety of weapon types for the 5 characters to choose from. One of my favourite parts is the Tomes and Grimoires you can pick up at the expense of healing items and maximum health to increase your odds of rolling good loot at the end. Maybe bring some friends if you want any hope of scraping by with such handicaps though. Also prior knowledge of Warhammer is entirely optional.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #491 on: May 09, 2016, 05:32:33 PM »
I finally settled down on a few different builds to toy around with in Dark Souls 3. Namely, a pure strength build, a faith build, and a quality/luck build. The latter two are for down the road. I'm running my strength build right now.

I was invading as a Farron Watchdog and wasn't doing all that well. Sure, I'm a the friendliest invader there ever was and sure, I was gank spanked 2/3rds of the time without the host reciprocating my friendliness, but I lost like 12 times in a row. I was just hanging around hoping to not suck when I got pulled into one final person's game. I managed to get a 4 hit combo in with a broadsword, pushing the host back in order to buy my enough breathing room to strong attack bait parry into a weapon swap riposte with a heavy infused greataxe. The host panic rolled right off the only cliff in the stage. It felt far too professional and cold and I felt so bad that I swore off this kind of thing and stopped playing for the night. It makes me miss the bell tower guys from DS2 as well.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #492 on: May 10, 2016, 09:54:29 AM »
Picked up Shadow Complex Remastered. It looks like you have to do early Foam skip in order to get the speedrun achievements, even with the Golden Inertial Element. Now if only I could manage the skip in the first place.

Also, tired of violating Trillion in the same way it violated me in my first run, so I picked up 999 and Hypertagmension.

(Also, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is next week, so that's a thing. Just wish it came packaged with VC2 or something.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:39:59 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #493 on: May 15, 2016, 02:50:50 AM »
Disgaea has an odd sense of humor, to say the least. But it's still great!
Touhou 1CCS:

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #494 on: May 15, 2016, 10:23:59 AM »
The last thing I played was The Binding of Issac Afterbirth. (who even plays this anymore lol) I'm still pretty bad (after 137 hours in total) at it so I need to rely on good items spawning to make me OP.

I installed Thief 2 over a week ago. (who even plays this anymore lol) And I haven't actually played it yet. I think I need to install a patch thingy but I didn't do that yet so I can't play it yet.

« Reply #495 on: May 15, 2016, 03:25:01 PM »
I installed Thief 2 over a week ago. (who even plays this anymore lol) And I haven't actually played it yet. I think I need to install a patch thingy but I didn't do that yet so I can't play it yet.
Literally just yesterday I finished another run of its fan-made expansion Thief 2X, and also the base game before that. It's probably one of my favourite games ever and I only got into it around 2011.

For patches, you'll wanna get the latest version of NewDark at minimum. If you're running a Steam copy, close Steam before changing anything.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #496 on: May 17, 2016, 09:37:45 PM »
New Doom looks real awesome but my PC is nowhere near being good enough to run it. So I'm replaying Shadow Warrior on Insane instead. Both of them are reboots done right, after all. Also doing a proper playthrough of Serious Sam. Started with Normal, but definitely can see myself trying harder difficulties afterwards. I also wanted to play System Shock 2 on top of all that, but I'm in no mood for learning whatever pagan rituals are required to make it work on a newer OS.

« Reply #497 on: May 17, 2016, 11:11:22 PM »
The updated version of System Shock 2 that was released on Steam works on any modern version of Windows.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fps-heroes-bundle
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:13:14 PM by Romantique Tp »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #498 on: May 18, 2016, 04:33:40 PM »
I have a physical copy, thankyouverymuch.

Well, I do remember where I got all the fixes from, and Windows 7 shouldn't have any extra problems. I just postpone figuring everything out again until later.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #499 on: May 18, 2016, 07:47:56 PM »
First run through Dark Souls 3 is almost complete! A pure faith build is up next and already in the works. Then comes a luck-based quality/bleed build. Then a pure dark/pyro wizard.

Send help.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #500 on: May 18, 2016, 08:05:41 PM »
Meanwhile in Serious Sam: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(Translation: Reached Dunes. Aforementioned sound now stuck in the brain forever. The final stretch of the previous level showed that Marsh Hoppers are SCARY. Game officially stopped pulling punches.)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #501 on: May 20, 2016, 10:08:48 AM »
Finished up the main story in MegaTagmension. I'm surprised, and a little saddened that the whole Magical Noirina thing was basically only one scene without a CG. I feel like she was trying to channel Uzume/Orange Heart, but failboated hard. (Also, Vert had a different VA this time, I think?)

Also a bit salty that the Backstage Talk and the Multiplay scenes were not dubbed (there's automatic JP voices, though).

I made a dry run of the Jason Bailey trophy in Shadow Complex, but the actual attempt is probably going to have to wait a day or two.

Progress on advancing my ADLER on the tech tree is proceeding apace, thanks to the 2nd Anniversary event resuming million drops. I'll have to put it through its paces, though, if I want to get decent parts on it. NTDM is on, but I'll probably have to play 1500 Restricted to avoid being in rooms with craft with 2200 cost.

The ADLER's MGP is absurd, compared to the MGPs of the three other craft with them. FOUR separate gun pods? Sign me up!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:15:29 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #502 on: May 20, 2016, 10:49:59 PM »
NewDark patch for System Shock 2 works like a charm, so time to take a leisurely stroll through the Von Braun on Impossible.

And it seems that playing three games at the same time isn't enough for me so I've also started Max Payne on DoA. The best part is that I'm still doing pretty fine in all games.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #503 on: May 21, 2016, 08:44:11 AM »
Oh man, I just brought out my ADLER for a brief NTDM sortie. My first sortie, I don't think anyone expected the Attacker to be the fleet defender, and they died in literal droves to my quad-MGP.

Then the very next sortie the room host saw what a threat I was, brought in a Mobius craft and completely trainwrecked my side.

I think I need to swap my advanced airbreaks for actual maneuverability in NTDM.

Move eternally forward,

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #504 on: May 23, 2016, 09:34:34 PM »
More about Serious Sam. Metropolis is where the game finally unleashes the first multi-wave horde at you. At such points if you fail to handle the huge groups of enemies that are thrown at you properly then you're getting swept away, no questions asked. Thankfully, bullet hell skills can see some good use here. Well, seeing half a hundred harpies together sure made wading through all that worth it.

In System Shock 2, my jack-of-all-trades character have reached Deck 4 and feels pretty comfortable with all the weapons you can find by that point at his disposal. Impossible my foot.

EDIT: Ditching System Shock 2 run because, well, been there, done that, and it's not all that challenging past this point. However, I'll do something actually challenging instead - runs that focus on one weapon type only. Yes, that includes a pure Psionic build. Anyone here wants to see a Let's Play of those?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:46:27 AM by 涙神 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #505 on: May 26, 2016, 09:09:39 AM »
Started Total War: Warhammer.

Playing a Imperal Campaign, and Successionists managed to rally and attack me with a larger army. I had ~1,200 men; they had ~1,700. I had more missile troops and a unit of Cavalry while they were mostly spears and swords.

I put my 3 units of swords out to take the brunt, and move my spears to the flanks as my swords get butchered. I start winning the flank battles [2 spears on each flank flanking] but my swords start to break and my missile guys behind them don't take long after...

Then my single unit of cavalrey, who have run around and killed their archers; slam in from the back.

The day was won... the enemy taking about 400 more casulties than we did. The cavalry unit alone killed 401 men.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #506 on: May 27, 2016, 04:22:54 AM »
After trudging through the first act and two thirds of the second act of Ar nosurge, it's FINALLY getting really good, and I'm now excited about playing it again. And Turbo is now turning out to be a decent character.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #507 on: May 27, 2016, 08:04:55 AM »
After trudging through the first act and two thirds of the second act of Ar nosurge, it's FINALLY getting really good, and I'm now excited about playing it again. And Turbo is now turning out to be a decent character.
You're certainly going to enjoy act 3. It's going to be a bit crazy. Really, I feel as though the first two acts are aimed more toward those who've played Ciel nosurge (which is basically worse than the minority everywhere but Japan) and already know exactly what everyone's going on about.

Anyway, since Amazon is awful at shipping cross-country, I'm still playing Omega Quintet. I honestly don't know whether it's good or bad that anything that isn't a chapter boss either gets wiped really easily, or it's so strong that if I don't take it down within a couple of turns, it's likely to wipe me. I think I'm en route to the true ending, but I've forgotten the exact requirements and I don't really want to check it.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #508 on: May 27, 2016, 01:07:10 PM »
You're certainly going to enjoy act 3. It's going to be a bit crazy. Really, I feel as though the first two acts are aimed more toward those who've played Ciel nosurge (which is basically worse than the minority everywhere but Japan) and already know exactly what everyone's going on about.
That wasn't the issue I was having, the issues I was having was, among other things, Turbo being a godawful character and his half of the story being pretty banal, the villains ranging from being frustrating assholes to being absolutely horrible people that shouldn't be empathized with (compounded by my roomie crushing on Zill (which she's probably doing just to annoy me)), and the crafting. The godawful, boring crafting.

Oh, and the obvious decline in quality and ~*~effort~*~ from Ciel nosurge to Ar nosurge. Ciel nosurge had pretty good character animations and at least attempted to direct scenes to be coherent and interesting to look at (though they sort of went overboard with the boob physics). Ar nosurge has some of the shittiest directing I've ever seen: staring at a single character while there's other characters reacting to a drama bomb off screen is the laziest and most wasted opportunity I've ever seen, and defies everything known about directing a scene.

Which really sucks, because there are some fantastic scenes that actually have good scene direction that actually sent chills down my spine, in particular
Spoiler:
the scene after Turbo plays hide and seek with Nelo so that Nelo can prove a point about the crazy fourth wall shit, coupled with Nelo directly addressing the player in a kind of unnerving moment, and the scene when Turbo and Cass are getting help from Nay and Sarly to save the Sharl, and Prim is in the foreground staring at you.
That, and coupled with Turbo's character improving after they start having him stop being a complete moron and the honestly touching romantic moments between him and Cass
Spoiler:
as well as actually going somewhere with the romance when Cass and Turbo affirm their feelings for each other after the reveal about what's happening to Turbo (which Tales of Symphonia did first but quite honestly they did a really good job with the sharing senses scene)
shows that they could have made this into a fantastic game that could have possibly given Ar Tonelico 2 a run for its money. But instead, they went all ~*~zero effort~*~ with the game, because I guess their technical juices were eaten up by Ciel nosurge or something.

Also, Prim. Prim is the absolute worst character. I thought that Zill was my least favorite character but no, Prim takes the cake and shoves it down her cakehole. I've been wanting to throw Prim off the side of the ship for a long while, and she's been getting worse about it.

That said, holy crap there's a sudden jump in the quality of the story in the last third of the second act. Shame the technical aspects don't jump up, but I'll take what I can get. Also, totally shipping Ion and Kanon.
Spoiler:
And Ion and Nay. And Ion and Nelico. Basically, I want Ion to have a harem of cute girls, and I want her to stop crushing on me dammit, just get gayer.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #509 on: May 27, 2016, 05:55:47 PM »
Final Fantasy X endgame is a goddamn busywork. Getting everyone's ultimate weapon involves Chocobo minigame, dodging 200 lighting in a row, playing red-light green-light with Cactuar, butteflies catching (yes that is a thing, who ever thought this was a good idea for minigame?), and basically capturing every enemy in the game. But getting it really pay off though. Who wouldn't want to two shot the final boss?

Back then, I usually wouldn't play a game if the main character is women. Even if I tolerate it now, I still got weirded out of playing Final Fantasy X-2. I don't know why, maybe it's because of the dress sphere part (basically job system with over-the-top costume).

Early in my Touhou-A-Live let's play, I discovered a Chinese Touhou Horror fangame called Ayaria Hazard. Horror is the last genre you'll expect from a Touhou fangame. I wonder, how fun it is to play a Touhou horror game?

The result: It's good, the arts are nice, the game is hard, the story is interesting (if you know what the hell they're saying, it's in chinese), but the control is lousy. You press up to jump, Z to interact, X to sprint. I got so used to pressing Z to jump that I often fail to jump. Also, pressing up and X simultaneously is really awkward. I can't beat the first boss Rumia, touching her is instant death and her danmaku is specifically set to stuns you. I really love bad ends, but seeing her eating me over and over is just... tiring. (Maybe that's why Mogeko games are piss easy)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:49:24 PM by Your Everyday NEET »