Author Topic: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet  (Read 238620 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet
« Reply #870 on: July 03, 2015, 12:25:23 AM »
>"You're talking to the best goddamned magician in Gensokyo, ze. Whatdya think?!"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #871 on: July 03, 2015, 07:00:35 AM »
>"You're talking to the best goddamned magician in Gensokyo, ze. Whatdya think?!"
> "Marisa has a point," Maple adds. "I may have been...Less than enthusiastic to join up, but...I simply couldn't Marisa-chan's plight. We won't ignore yours, either."
> Alice nods in agreement as well. Moved by this statement, Yumemi wipes the tears from her eyes and nods as well.
> "I guess I made the right decision to ask you lot," the professor says, sniffing. "I hope my trust is not misplaced...Anyways, like I said before, Rikako is trying to find out a way to access the Digital Space, a world comprised of all the data passed through our electronic devices. Rikako believes that since Gensokyo's residents connected to the internet in recent years, the data passing into our world may have opened a pathway to the Digital Space..."
> Alice raises an eyebrow. "How is that possible? Gensokyo is a land of magic, of fantasy, technology like this shouldn't be affecting it at all."
> "Ah, but that's the thing," Yumemi states. "It's already begun to affect us. We're using it, we're expanding on it, we're just as curious as our ancestors who discovered electricity and microprocessors. And with the advent of video games and other digital entertainement...Well, I think a certain website said it best: any highly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Rikako believes this theory is the reason why the path to the Digital Space exists, and why she's determined to reach this world and study it."
> "So that's why she forced you and Eientei to work with her...But what is her real intention?" Alice asks eagerly. "What is worth taking you all hostage?"
> "Who knows, Rika hasn't said a word since--"
> *BLAM*
> One of the doors to this room swings open violently. A huge foot-shaped dent can be seen in its surface. And in the doorway itself is the rather imposing-looking samurai you saw earlier, her blade glistening with a blood-red tint. She raises the sword on your direction and speaks in her telltale warped voice, "I hope you haven't gotten too attached to that body, because I'm going to slice it to ribbons! Step outside so I can get a nice clean slice at you!"

> _

« Reply #872 on: July 09, 2015, 05:10:50 AM »
> Oh shit. Time to leave, and fast. That samurai's blocking the only exit, though...
>...unless we make an exit of our own, of course. Time to put that Spirit Card to use and make a quick getaway. Sure, it's a little counterproductive to go down when we're trying to go up, but this way we'll at least have a head start on the samurai.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #873 on: July 09, 2015, 10:06:43 PM »
>When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. A shame dropping the ceiling on her at the entrance would get us stuck, too. Not much choice but to fight this out.
>We should actually take her up on the stepping outside part, as long as we don't get ambushed at the door... have Alice lead with a doll to make sure. Maybe we can blast an obstacle down once she has to deal with all of us...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #874 on: July 12, 2015, 01:42:57 AM »
>We should actually take her up on the stepping outside part, as long as we don't get ambushed at the door... have Alice lead with a doll to make sure. Maybe we can blast an obstacle down once she has to deal with all of us...
> The problem with that is that Ms. Samurai is already standing in the doorway with you, so any ambush attacks wouldn't work. Sorry for not making that clear.

> Oh shit. Time to leave, and fast. That samurai's blocking the only exit, though...
>...unless we make an exit of our own, of course. Time to put that Spirit Card to use and make a quick getaway. Sure, it's a little counterproductive to go down when we're trying to go up, but this way we'll at least have a head start on the samurai.
> Who says you have to go down to get out? ;)

> ...
> Geeze, it's only been three days, why did it take so long to load?
> Anyways, it's clear the Samurai wants you to fight her on her own terms, which is something you're not about to do in your current state. Your thoughts turn to the Spirit Card set in your Radiant Staff...
> Hmmmm? A falsetto voice rings loudly in your head. Are you trying to tap into the powers of that card, dearie?
> Uh, yeah, you reply and ask who the fuck she(?) is.
> Ah, such language! I'll overlook it this time, as time is of the essence! If you're to defeat this foe, you'll need a weapon more befitting of a warrior...Place the Spirit Card onto your Radiant Palette to see what I mean!
> You take out the Unmoving Earth Spirit Card, which begins to glow as you set it on the handle of your staff...Somehow.
> "Eh? What's with the fairy?" the Samurai quips. Curious, you glance back at Maple, who's also glowing.
> With a smile, Maple says, "Don't worry about me, just go for it!"
> You grin back and give her a thumbs up.
> "Not if I kill you first!" The Samurai rushes forward with intent to cut you!

"SPIRITS, UNITE AS ONE! I, LAN CAIHE, RELEASE DAI GUI'S POWER! PROTECT US, STONES OF THE EARTH!"

> Maple's body becomes a glowing light, which zooms into you and grants you immense power. So much in fact, that the Samurai's incoming sword slash is completely deflected. You can feel the magic envelop not just your body but your soul as well, which feels...Weird, to be honest. When all is said and done, however, you're wearing an armored version of your typical dress, and Maple's leaf-shaped wings have appeared on your back. The Radiant Staff has changed to a lance with a large drill-shaped head, and the three lights representing your Spell Cards are set at the butt end of the lance's handle. Thus, you dub this weapon the Radiant Driller! It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

> "...You honestly think that cheap getup will save you?!" The Samurai angrily replies, shaken but no less determined to kill you. "I'll slice that lance right in half!"

> Well, you're at least on equal footing somehow...You could fight the Samurai now, or try to flee with the others. The choice is yours, readers!

> _

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #875 on: July 12, 2015, 03:06:12 AM »
> Who says you have to go down to get out? ;)

>Let's do both and GET DOWN
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Nefer007

• Nefer007, Shinto God of Insects, Doctorate in Referralology
« Reply #876 on: July 13, 2015, 11:27:29 PM »
Shout at your opponent. In specific, this:

"It'll pierce your heavens!" ((at least I think that's the reference, anyway))
Then, stab the ground for good measure. Try setting it to maximum spin and see if you can't kick her.
Looking for Desunoya music! Help me obtain these ill-gotten goods!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #877 on: July 15, 2015, 08:00:40 AM »
>Let's do both and GET DOWN
> Your boogie is so good that is causes the Samurai to flee...And makes the game crash. Nice job breaking it, hero. (BAD END ???: CRASH AND BURN)

Shout at your opponent. In specific, this:

"It'll pierce your heavens!" ((at least I think that's the reference, anyway))
Then, stab the ground for good measure. Try setting it to maximum spin and see if you can't kick her.
> You loudly declare that you'll pierce the heavens, before doing the exact opposite and impaling the ground before spinning your drill. Your roundhouse kick doesn't hit the Samurai at first, until you disengage the drill and fling yourself at her, sending the Samurai flying into the hallway. She hits the opposite wall with a loud CRASH and stumbles a bit as you land from your attack, and recover your drill staff. At least the exit is...Mostly open!

> _

Nefer007

« Reply #878 on: July 16, 2015, 09:13:14 PM »
Abscond, and if blocked, threaten one of the rabbits. After all, if you guys wanted Alice, you're gonna want these helpless rabbits...?

Also, ask her if she was ever hired by Mima. You know of at least one female samurai hit(wo)man hired to take the Hakurei power of...

what was it again, strawberry scents? Cats? Bah, forget it! Just make yer move!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #879 on: July 16, 2015, 09:23:07 PM »
>Don't threaten the rabbits. They're useful research material for them, but probably easy to replace, so the powers that be won't care. We don't need to be dicks about it.
>Press the attack and get the doorway cleared so the others can get out and/or provide ranged support. Looks like we're the tank this match... thanks, Maple.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #880 on: July 17, 2015, 12:11:30 AM »
>Wonder if Maple is secretly a pokemon professor due to her name.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #881 on: July 17, 2015, 04:18:39 AM »
>Wonder if Maple is secretly a pokemon professor due to her name.
> How can you think of such a silly thing like this in the middle of a battle?! Besides, you've seen Maple's home; it's no Pokemon lab, that's for sure.

Abscond, and if blocked, threaten one of the rabbits. After all, if you guys wanted Alice, you're gonna want these helpless rabbits...?
Red card for not using proper command syntax!
> You contemplate threatening the rabbits, perhaps to get the Samurai off your back...

>Don't threaten the rabbits. They're useful research material for them, but probably easy to replace, so the powers that be won't care. We don't need to be dicks about it.
> ...But you decide it's not worth it in the slightest.

Also, ask her if she was ever hired by Mima. You know of at least one female samurai hit(wo)man hired to take the Hakurei power of...

what was it again, strawberry scents? Cats? Bah, forget it! Just make yer move!
> Meira? Reimu mentioned her once or twice before, but you haven't seen her since you worked under Mima. On that note, you ask the Samurai about Mima.
> "Who the hell is Mima? Don't distract me!" she angrily replies as she gets back up to attack you again.

>Press the attack and get the doorway cleared so the others can get out and/or provide ranged support. Looks like we're the tank this match... thanks, Maple.
> You mentally thank Maple for her little gift, then say to the Samurai that you're already a distraction, ze! You block the sword strike with your lance, and she pushes you back a bit, but you breathe out a cloud of poison at close range. This doesn't seem to phase her, but you get the feeling she can't see very well with the spores covering her mask. You use the Pheonix spell card to blast the Samurai way with a flame burst, then combo it into a flaming drill strike while she's still reeling. The resulting explosion tears through the air, blasting some of the Samurai's armor off, and knocking her through a wall. Dayyyyyaaaam, you wonder. This new mode packs a punch!...You say as you start to feel a bit drained after that last attack. If you're going to end this, you better end it quick.

> On that note...Alice and Yumemi can receive commands now, but their abilities will be limited.
> _

Nefer007

« Reply #882 on: July 17, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »
By Alice's combat capabilities, is she hand-to-hand/improv weapons right now? Try to get her flanked.

Keep saying random things: if we can at least get the enemy flustered, that'll throw the fight in our favor.

(Also, hope Sakuya's secretly watching, just so we can make Killing Doll jokes.)

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #883 on: July 17, 2015, 10:24:08 PM »
Stardust Crusader:

>We burst out some space, but that took a bit of energy... better let the artillery finish the job. Play defensive and run interference if she tries to attack.

Prismatic Dollmaker:

>Do we still have that space gun we got from Rika? Test it on the samurai if we have the opportunity.
>Failing that, prepare an explosive doll and spear-wielder to try and flank her, preferably for a kamikaze ambush when there's an opening.

Scientifical Strawberry:

>Surely WE have a space gun to blast with! Or at least scientifical magic. Right?

Fahrenheit Archeopteryx:

>Rise from your grave. Again.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #884 on: July 20, 2015, 05:44:13 AM »
By Alice's combat capabilities, is she hand-to-hand/improv weapons right now? Try to get her flanked.
> Alice is a little too fatigued to be trying that right now. And if she was feeling Just Fine, her hand-to-hand isn't the best unless she turns demon somehow.

Keep saying random things: if we can at least get the enemy flustered, that'll throw the fight in our favor.
> You shout the first thing that comes to your mind: ARTICHOKES ARE DELICIOUS!
> ...Man it's been a while since you ate, huh?
> "Koff..." The Samurai pulls herself from the rubble, some of her armor having been chipped off to reveal she's wearing some kind of spandex underneath. "This...Isn't...Over!" she says as she grips her katana again. "I won't fail again!"

(Also, hope Sakuya's secretly watching, just so we can make Killing Doll jokes.)
> As far as you know, Sakuya's still in a coma, so the likelihood of that happening is quite low.

Marisa:

>We burst out some space, but that took a bit of energy... better let the artillery finish the job. Play defensive and run interference if she tries to attack.
> You assume a defensive stance and silently challenge the Samurai to come at you. There's a bit of hesitation in the air as the two of you stare each other down...Is the Samurai holding back because of a potential rebuttal by your fellow magicians?

Yumemi:

>Surely WE have a space gun to blast with! Or at least scientifical magic. Right?
> Yumemi has no weapons in her possession! What's worse, it seems like her magic has been sealed by an  anklet Rika slapped on her earlier, just so she wouldn't cause any more trouble. How do you know all this? Well, technically this is player-only information, Marisa's unaware of Yumemi's handicap at the moment!

Alice:

>Do we still have that space gun we got from Rika? Test it on the samurai if we have the opportunity.
> Alice does, actually. She reachers into her still-soaked pockets and pulls it out...Yumemi takes notice of this and beckons Alice to hand the gun to her. Confused, Yumemi somehow pantomimes a potential plan to outflank the Samurai and hit her while she's vulnerable.

Alice:

>Failing that, prepare an explosive doll and spear-wielder to try and flank her, preferably for a kamikaze ambush when there's an opening.
> Alice thankfully catches onto this plan, and summons the two dolls behind her back. Good thing Marisa's distracting the Samurai right now, eh?

Mokou:

>Rise from your grave. Again.
> It'll be a while before Mokou respawns, and depending how the battle goes she may not revive in time to make much of a contribution.
> Mokou can only accept the commands "Turn to Ash" and "Breed Maggots" at this time.

> ...
> You can sense the Samurai's hesitation. You take advantage of this and slowly advance, making her retreat into the room you just busted a hole into. The room is dark, and quite large (for the record, it's in the NE corner of Eientei's lowest basement). Realizing she's potentially going to be trapped here, the Samurai gathers energy in her blade, and powers up for a sword slash...Which she swings in your direction in the form of a massive SWORD WAVE. You can try to deflect/block it or dodge it.

> _

Nefer007

« Reply #885 on: July 20, 2015, 12:42:36 PM »
Houyan Nyau: Turn to ash, become Fawkes.

Doll Dragoon: Dodge, deflect, split the wave.

(yes, that's actual Chinese there that I used for the Mokou.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:36:17 PM by Nefer007 »

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #886 on: July 21, 2015, 12:58:26 AM »
>Mokou:
>>Turn into Ash Ketchum
>>Feed Baggins
Sudo make me a sandwich.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #887 on: July 21, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »
>Preferably, deflect it away from the allies behind us.
>This is also a good time for a doll shanking! Press the assault when she has to turn to deal with them, if the ambush isn't enough.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #888 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:54 PM »
Many apologies for the lack of an update, everyone. ^^;; Let's continue!

Houyan Nyau: Turn to ash, become Fawkes.
>Mokou:
>>Turn into Ash Ketchum
>>Feed Baggins
> The parser praises Nefer's mastery of the Chinese language. ;)
> Who's Baggins? In any case, Mokou's body expires. It will revive soon, but not in time to help Marisa or the others.

Doll Dragoon: Dodge, deflect, split the wave.
>Preferably, deflect it away from the allies behind us.
>This is also a good time for a doll shanking! Press the assault when she has to turn to deal with them, if the ambush isn't enough.
> You sidestep the wave and use your lance like a baseball bat, hitting the wave back at the Samurai. This attack blasts off more of her armor.
> "NOW!" Alice calls out as several of her dolls appear behind the Samurai, skewering and slashing her in her vulnerable spots.
> And to top it all off, Yumemi fires the Spacey Laser Gun, knocking the Samurai back down and knocking off her helmet and mask (while also dropping her sword in the process).
> "ARGH!" the Samurai yells as she falls, her voice no longer garbled by whatever voice modulater she was using. "D-D-Damn you..."
> You try to investigate the identity of the Samurai, but your body suddenly feels quite heavy and drained. In a flash of light, your SPIRIT FORM expires, returning you and Maple back to normal. Maple herself looks quite tired as she picks herself up off the floor next to you. "Wh-What a rush..." Maple quips weakly.
> Yumemi and Alice help you both up as Yumemi turns on the lights. The room is stocked with munitions of all kinds; this must be the Inabas' Ammo Stockroom. Yumemi cringes a bit at this. "Good thing my aim was true, eh?"
> It sure was, you say as you stumble over to the now-unmasked Samurai. Huh...That blue hair looks awfully familiar...Tenshi, is that you?
> "Yeah, it's me," Tenshi groans as she struggles to grin. "N-Not bad for...A doll."

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #889 on: August 10, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »
Fireboid:

>Breed maggots in the shape of the word "butt." This shit gets boring.

Dolly Stardust:

>Headbutt. "Just 'cause dollface did that bodyswap stuff doesn't stop me being the best magician in Gensokyo, ze!"

Rainbow Stringer:

>"Care to explain what you thought you were going to accomplish with that?"

Strawberry Scholar:[/u]
>Try not to have a heart attack.
>... would we be able to use anything from here? Hmm...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #890 on: August 13, 2015, 12:24:43 AM »

> MARISA: Headbutt. "Just 'cause dollface did that bodyswap stuff doesn't stop me being the best magician in Gensokyo, ze!"
> You headbutt Tenshi as hard as you can, but the celestial is much more durable than she looks, and your attack just bounces off her. At least you're not bleeding.
> "Magician, yeah...Pugilist, hardly."
> Shortly after saying that, Tenshi's surrounded by several dozen sword and lance bearing dolls. Alice seems to have gotten her stamina back.

> ALICE: "Care to explain what you thought you were going to accomplish with that?"
> "Rika needed some muscle to protect her little experiment...I was bored, so...I took her up on her offer."
> Alice just barely manages to recall something about a sword and some pieces...Could that sword Tenshi dropped have something to do with that?

YUMEMI:
>Try not to have a heart attack.
>... would we be able to use anything from here? Hmm...
> "Oh gods..." the professor gasps, realizing she almost blew up a small ammo depot. "Good thing my aim wasn't off!" Maple just shakes her head at this.
> That being said, Yumemi is familiar enough with the Usagi's tech to make use of some of this ordinance. She probably doesn't need it, but hey, a few extra explosives wouldn't hurt!

> MOKOU: Breed maggots in the shape of the word "butt." This shit gets boring.
> Mokou mostly succeeds and ends up writing the word "BUTTER" instead. Damn, now this is making her hungry...

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #891 on: August 14, 2015, 09:58:10 PM »
Rainbow Dollmaker:

>Have a doll retrieve whatever Tenshi ditched. Maybe that'll jog our memory...?
>"Charming. Did you even listen to what she was doing?"

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #892 on: August 15, 2015, 02:12:24 AM »
>Remilia: Charisma Break
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #893 on: August 17, 2015, 11:42:13 PM »
>Remilia: Charisma Break
> ERROR: Remilia is not able to accept commands at this time.

Alice:
>Have a doll retrieve whatever Tenshi ditched. Maybe that'll jog our memory...?
>"Charming. Did you even listen to what she was doing?"
> "D-Does it matter? I was just...Looking for...Some quick cash. Besides...Not like I'm...Gonna tell you anything," Tenshi grumbles.
> "Not even about this?" Alice says, as a few of the dolls (carefully) pick up Tenshi's damaged katana. "I remember you wielding this earlier."
> Tenshi gasps. "What the hell did you do to it?!" The celestial cringes in pain as she glares at Marisa. "You...It was just fine before you went and broke it...!"
> You ask Alice to hand over the weapon, and you examine it. It's faint, but...You can see faint traces of the same metal used to craft the Blade of Kusanagi. You ask Tenshi where she got this weapon, but she remains silent. Maybe Alice knows something?

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #894 on: August 26, 2015, 09:56:13 PM »
>What does she know that we know that she knows that... fuck making sense of that sentence, information mindgames ahoy!
>"So Alice, anything special I should know about the Kusanagi, ze?"

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #895 on: September 04, 2015, 09:07:16 PM »
>"So Alice, anything special I should know about the Kusanagi, ze?"
> "All I know was that Tenshi was collecting fragments of it. Obviously, she was missing a few, otherwise we'd be getting a face full of tornado right about now, correct?" Alice replies. "However, that's all I know--you told me about the Kusanagi after Rinnosuke told you about it."
> That is true. You only know of how a warrior used the sword to summon a powerful wind. Is Tenshi looking for a new sword, or is it payment for her services as a bodyguard? You could keep pressing the issue, but Tenshi seems adamant on staying silent.
> Meanwhile, Maple's looking over one of the pieces of the broken sword. Her face lights up as if realizing something important, and tries getting your attention.

> _

Nefer007

« Reply #896 on: September 04, 2015, 09:40:44 PM »
Marisa, then the others, one-by-one: Notice Maple flailing her arms about in an amusing fashion.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #897 on: September 07, 2015, 09:15:27 PM »
Marisa, then the others, one-by-one: Notice Maple flailing her arms about in an amusing fashion.
> You look over and see Maple's smiling face. You knew fairies loved shiny things but this is a bit odd, even for Maple, you say to the earth fairy. Maple just giggles and says, "This metal you found...It's very similar to the one I used to make your Radiant Tablet. I think that's how you were able break Tenshi-san's sword; it's like diamond cutting diamond."
> Tenshi groans in anger. "Bullshit, how could that have happened?"
> "The metal I used on the tablet was of a higher concentration than the one in your sword. How did you manage to forge that thing, anyways?"
> "I...I didn't," Tenshi stammers. "I just bought it off of two dumb angels who were peddling some weapons...Rikako asked me to, she said that'd be my payment for my services. Son of a bitch...If I find those two I'll murder them!"
> "Not until you and Rikako answer for your crimes," Yumeko says, her blaster still trained on Tenshi's head.
> "...You will too, red," Tenshi retorts with a smirk. "Science marches on indeed."

> _

Nefer007

« Reply #898 on: September 09, 2015, 01:32:10 AM »
Well then let's break out the Radiant Tablet...

> ... and have a swap-and-shop! Combine spellcards all night long!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #899 on: September 09, 2015, 01:54:35 AM »
>We... don't exactly have it on hand. Perhaps another time.

Madame Margatroid:
>"Answering by fixing the problems she caused, rather than whining about not getting her way. Yumemi, what should we do with her?"

Miss Marisa:

>"Those two again, ze...?"
>... let's leave it at that and see how Tenshi reacts before we see about sending her on a vengeancequest to dreamland so we don't have to.