Author Topic: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet  (Read 238208 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2013, 06:59:57 AM »
> Whisper to Alice, "I saw that, what are you planning? And don't say 'nothing', I know you too well."
> "Oh come now, Mari. I'm just excited about the breakthroughs I'm gonna make! You really need to stop worrying...See what happens when you don't eat a good breakfast?" Alice giggles. You know she's just playing with you, but still...Sometimes she really gets on your nerves.

> "Before we take her home, how do you think she'll react to the hundreds of dolls you have 'enslaved'?"
> "I'm right here, y'know." Medicine says, bringing your attention to her. She looks at Alice. "So long as you're treating your dolls like people and not toys, we're kosher."
> "Ah, but of course. Each doll is like family to me...Who knows, you might find a friend or two there!" Alice says with a smile.
> Medicine looks a bit taken aback, then she averts her eyes for a bit. "I...Never thought of you as that kind of person..." Medicine rubs her arm. "I never had friends with any other dolls before..." She seems almost apologetic towards Alice, given her tone. Her mini self on the other hand...Mini-Medi points to her eye with one hand, then points at Alice, as if warning her "I'm onto you."

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »
> Oops, meant to whisper that too.

> "She's not joking about the family thing."

> "And I mean she's really not joking about the family thing. You know,  making a kid would be easier."

> Alice is scowling, isn't she.

> Consider the dolls Alice packed full of gunpowder to be a problem. Wonder how to coordinate what to do with them with Medicine right next to us.

> By that I mean wonder how you should coordinate hiding them. Don't actually coordinate with Alice while Medicine is right here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:37:34 PM by capt. h »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »
> Oops, meant to whisper that too.
> The parser accepts your intent, but would like to point out that Medicine overhearing you was played mostly for comedic effect and had minimal impact on the story. So far.

> "She's not joking about the family thing."

> "And I mean she's really not joking about the family thing. You know,  making a kid would be easier."

> Alice is scowling, isn't she.
> Alice looks more perplexed than anything. "How would having a child be easier? I could make a doll in my sleep if I wanted to..."

> Consider the dolls Alice packed full of gunpowder to be a problem. Wonder how to coordinate what to do with them with Medicine right next to us.

> By that I mean wonder how you should coordinate hiding them. Don't actually coordinate with Alice while Medicine is right here.
> You recall Alice's exploding dolls, which she's used a couple of times in the past. This would be problematic if Medicine found out...Except for a couple of things. First, Alice never keeps the gunpowder around the house (or the forest for that matter), due to it being a major fire hazard. Second, she never makes them "just in case" something happens; if something warranting the proper firepower comes up, Alice makes the dolls then and there. Any extras she doesn't use get disposed of safely. Still, you make a mental note to tell Medicine about this should it come up.

> "Uh, okay then..." Medicine attempts to break up the awkward situation. "Look, I just want you to treat me as human and not an object."
> "I understand," Alice says, holding out her hand. "You have nothing to fear."
> Medicine hesitates for a moment, but smiles and shakes Alice's hand. Mini-Medi does not copy this motion, and instead sticks her nose up as if to say "hmph!"

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2013, 11:02:33 PM »
> "So, uh, Alice, you wanted to ask Medicine some things?"

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2013, 01:12:49 AM »
> "So, uh, Alice, you wanted to ask Medicine some things?"
> Alice perks up. "Oh, right...I can ask her everything when we get back home, I think we should get back and investigate that game, don't you think?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2013, 01:49:20 AM »
> Alice perks up. "Oh, right...I can ask her everything when we get back home, I think we should get back and investigate that game, don't you think?"

> "...Not sure."

> Wonder if Alice has an ulterior motive for wanting to go home.

> Consider pros and cons of investigating from here versus from home.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2013, 04:47:48 AM »
> "...Not sure."
> "Is something the matter?" Alice asks, perplexed yet again. You don't answer right away as you go into PONDERING MODE.

> Wonder if Alice has an ulterior motive for wanting to go home.
> The most obvious thing that sticks out to you is her wanting to study Medicine. However, you also recall that Alice wanted to play Guildies with you, and you promised you would do that. That brings up a predicament...Does she want to play the game for fun, or to solve the INCIDENT developing at Eientei?

> Consider pros and cons of investigating from here versus from home.
> You mentally weigh the options in your head, whilst doing that thing people do with their hands as if they were a scale...Seriously, why do humans do that, humans are terrible scales! If you had the choice, you'd use an actual scale; accuracy is very important to a magician...But whatever, here's what you came up with:

PROS:
++ You'd have quick access to a computer, and possibly be able to log onto your account from someone else's client.
++ Internet speeds are much faster here, reducing the possibility of lag while playing the game.
++ If Eirin discovers something about the tumor, she can report to you directly. Furthermore, if something happens to you, she can treat you (assuming you stay on her good side).
++ Kaguya's knowledge of the game can be a tremendous asset. If she's in a guild, you can have the help of her fellow guildies too.
++ Getting on Kaguya's good side may also earn the respect of the other residents. Having people in your debt is never a bad thing!

CONS:
-- You don't have your Kapptops with you, so you and Alice would have to borrow a couple of computers.
-- Eirin may not like you hanging around so much, given your...Direct approach to solving problems. You'll have to tread lightly around her. Anger her too much, and she might just use you in one of her crazy experiments!
-- There's always the risk that Tewi might prank you, hindering your investigation. Prank wars with Tewi never end well...Not for her at least.
-- Reisen is fairly docile, but you don't want her as an enemy either. A full power assault from her eyes can leave you in the looney bin for eternity.
-- Since you're HijiriNet customers, hanging out in the headquarters of LunarCast might cause complications. They might accuse you of trying to steal their technological secrets if you mess around too much.

> WH47 NOW?
> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2013, 05:17:26 AM »
> So basically, if we stick around Eientei, there's a high probability we'll annoy someone. Either Hijiri or Eirin or Reisen or Tewi.

> This is true. We are quite good at annoying people.

> Eh, if Alice wants to go home, might as well.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
>As hinted, we can always start off 'botting' with the non-tumorable dolls at home if self-treatment is a concern.
>Who made Guildies anyway? Figuring out the origin would be a big hint for who to Spark for brain damage.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2013, 10:34:16 PM »
> So basically, if we stick around Eientei, there's a high probability we'll annoy someone. Either Hijiri or Eirin or Reisen or Tewi.
> You forgot to put Hijiri on the list of potential cons earlier, but knowing her, she's probably not gonna be upset with you for interacting with a rival. Hijiri is so chill, she makes Cirno look like a half-melted ice cube!

> This is true. We are quite good at annoying people.
> Alice isn't as annoying, though some consider her practices to be...Unusual. You'd (probably) never practice doll magic, but you admire what she does with it.

> Eh, if Alice wants to go home, might as well.
> You tell Alice that you were just deep in thought, and ask her if you wish to return home. "If we're done here, then sure, we can leave."

>As hinted, we can always start off 'botting' with the non-tumorable dolls at home if self-treatment is a concern.
> That, or use Medicine to play for you if need be. You'd have to convince her it's worth the effort, though. You also wonder how Alice is able to "program" her dolls to--NOPE, NOPE NOPE NOOOOOPE, you mentally stop yourself from pursuing the subject further. You've mimiced (read: stolen) many techniques over your adventures in Gensokyo, but Doll Magic is something you can't copy so easily. You've also feared that if you start learning Alice's techniques, you might become just like her...You'd rather say true to yourself as long as possible.

>Who made Guildies anyway? Figuring out the origin would be a big hint for who to Spark for brain damage.
> The only clue you have is the email that was sent to you, from "Maneki.com." You assume that is the web domain of the company that made or sponsored the game...Aside from that, you don't know much else about the creators of Guildies.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2013, 03:12:19 AM »
> Any chance we can swipe some glue on the way out?

> Lunarian super glue sounds sounds pretty useful.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2013, 04:50:26 PM »
> Any chance we can swipe some glue on the way out?

> Lunarian super glue sounds sounds pretty useful.
> It is entirely possible to steal--I mean borrow some super glue. You just have to be sneaky. Your gut tells you that you have a 71% chance of getting away with it.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »
> How bad is our kleptomania anyway?

> Is it an OCD thing?

> Because if it is... eh,  might as well scratch the itch.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2013, 09:37:32 PM »
> How bad is our kleptomania anyway?

> Is it an OCD thing?

> Because if it is... eh,  might as well scratch the itch.
> You're not that obsessive about stealing. If you were, your house will be full of stolen knick-knacks. :V You only steal what you need, or whatever you think would be cool or useful. In this case, the glue...You think you saw a supply closet somewhere near the entrance of the mansion.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2013, 03:13:02 AM »
> So because our knick-knacks are valuable treasure, we can't possibly be obsessive kleptomaniacs!

> And that is more than enough reason to borrow glue without asking.

> We'll work out the logic behind that later, time to steal another useless knick-knack borrow glue.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2013, 02:10:19 AM »
> So because our knick-knacks are valuable treasure, we can't possibly be obsessive kleptomaniacs!

> And that is more than enough reason to borrow glue without asking.

> We'll work out the logic behind that later, time to steal another useless knick-knack borrow glue.
> The parser manages to pull himself from his 3DS long enough to update this thread. Anyways, you beckon your cohorts to follow you, and head for the supply closet. It looks just like any other closet, except it's got a sign on it that says "SUPPLY 1" on the door. Your first thought is to just open the door and abscond with the glue, but you stop yourself. If the security is as tight as the others say, you'll need to be fast...Or clever. Perhaps both!

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2013, 06:48:18 AM »
> Can't think of any good way to get glue without opening supply closet door.

> Well, we could ask for it or buy it. But that's something Alice would do.

> Any cameras? Is the exit far away?

> Consider whether snatching the glue then running like hell is a good strategy.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2013, 12:53:13 AM »
> Any cameras? Is the exit far away?
> The Exit is just a short walk from the closet. There's a camera in the atrium's ceiling, but you can't see which way it's looking--it's one of those upside-down black domes.

> Consider whether snatching the glue then running like hell is a good strategy.
> You're pretty fast on your feet, and on your broom. You shouldn't have any problem reaching the door. It's getting away from the house itself that might be an issue...

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2013, 07:10:20 PM »
> We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

> Steal glue.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2013, 04:06:29 AM »
> Steal glue.
> You just decide to forgo the finesse (like you usually do) and snatch the glue from the closet.
> Alice takes notice. "Mari, what're you doing?"
> You explain to her, and Medicine chuckles. "I don't think the rabbits are gonna care if one thing of glue is missing. They have loads of the stuff."
> "...I still think it's not nice to steal without asking, but...Whatever," Alice says in a defeated, pouty tone.

> Item Acquired: Lunarian Super Glue -- This stuff ain't your run-of-the-mill glue. Made from only the finest moondust, this glue will ensure that whatever sticks to it stays stuck. As such, it is difficult to remove without an equally powerful solvent, and it's a bit on the toxic side. Handle with care.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2013, 07:12:11 PM »
>Go home.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2013, 10:29:46 PM »
>Go home.
> You book it out the door. The traps you passed through/over have been reset, but with Medicine's help, you dodge them and get out of the Bamboo Grove in one piece.
> The sun is high as you return to your forest home. Not much has changed since you left. Medicine comments on your home, saying "Wow, this is nicer than I expected," as the three of you step back inside.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2013, 10:51:08 PM »
> "Sorry about that. Alice insists on prettying it up."

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2013, 01:22:31 AM »
> "Sorry about that. Alice insists on prettying it up."
> "Well, you did a nice job regardless," Medicine says with a smile. "Eirin-sama would be proud of your cleanliness."
> "Just don't go into Mari's room," Alice says, smirking. You make a snide remark about it, and you all have a good chuckle. "Now that this errand is over...Shall we look into Guildies? I assume the download would have finished by now."

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2013, 02:37:53 AM »
> "Safety first."

> "Do what you want, but I'm not sure we should be in the room when you do it."

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2013, 06:01:50 AM »
> "Safety first."

> "Do what you want, but I'm not sure we should be in the room when you do it."
> "Uh, I'm not sure I follow," Alice says, confused.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2013, 06:33:12 AM »
> "I'm saying go ahead and start the game."

> "Remotely. Unless you have a better plan."

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2013, 01:41:19 AM »
> "I'm saying go ahead and start the game."

> "Remotely. Unless you have a better plan."
> "Oh!" Alice's face lights up. "I can do that, easily. You want me to start up your game as well?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2013, 07:00:49 AM »
> "Eh? You can have both our games on at once?"

> "Sure, whatever. Sorry, our visit to Eientei really killed my enthusiasm for it."

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2013, 07:18:18 AM »
> "Eh? You can have both our games on at once?"
> Alice chuckles. "You forget...I'm a master of puppets."
> Your PUN ARMOR takes a hit. She must've overheard you listening to Metallica a while back. I-It's not like you like it or anything, you just found it while browsing Youtube!

> "Sure, whatever. Sorry, our visit to Eientei really killed my enthusiasm for it."
> "I understand. It's just...I really wanted us to play this game together, you know? Even if it is solving an incident. I just...Wanted us to do something together. You and I usually don't do things like this these days..." You can see the forlornness in her eyes and hear it in her voice...You can feel your MOE AEGIS slowly crumbling under the intense d'awww she's emitting right now.

> _