Author Topic: WH40k: Space Marine Discussion (AKA Bolt Pistols are OP)  (Read 1875 times)

WH40k: Space Marine Discussion (AKA Bolt Pistols are OP)
« on: September 10, 2011, 02:35:12 AM »

For those of you that do not know, Space Marine is a 3rd-person action game for PC, 360, and PS3.  It involves Space Marines killing stuff.

The game came out in the states a few days ago and I'm quite shocked that no one has made a thread for it yet.  Anyways, the SP campaign is quite decent, although a bit repetitive.  Most of the early gameplay involves spamming melee on grots and boyz, with the occasional nob encounter.  The difficulty is pretty weak until you get near the chaos encounters (I recommend the first playthrough to be on normal mode).  Most 40k fans will probably enjoy the SP campaign.

Regarding the MP, I quite like it actually.  It's quite barebones at the moment (2 game modes, 5 maps), but that's to be expected from a rushed launch.  Customization is quite well done, you get to paint whatever colors you feel like and use an assorted number of power armor pieces to boot.  My only gripe with MP at the moment is the weapon/perk balance issue (I'm looking at you bolt pistol).

I can't say I would recommend a first day purchase for most people (most people being non-40k fans), but I'm having a lot of fun with this game.  I'm looking forward to the coop mode next month.

Feel free to post your feelings on the game, whether they be positive or negative.

Re: WH40k: Space Marine Discussion (AKA Bolt Pistols are OP)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 04:34:50 AM »
Melta gun versus assault marine = sad assault marine.
TF2 Server
osu! : omgkitties