Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 348031 times)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z

Full version release:
Summer Comiket 88(2015-08-14)

As promised, Zun managed to finish the Full version and will be distributing it via Doujin channels. If you expect to be at the event remember to shake his hand and mind the heat.

If you can't attend for some reason, like not living in Japan or not having the money for the trip, you can order the cd via other channels. I recommend waiting for the game to appear on Playism since Touhou 14 is already there.

Trial version:

If you prefer to play now you can try the Trail version, that Zun was kind to release. Even though it's only first 3 stages, there might be some differences between the Trail and the final version.

Playable characters:
Reimu Hakurei
Shrine Maiden of Paradise

The soldiers from the Pure Land finally made an entrance.
Their flawlessness rejected the life and death of living creatures.

Special trait is her shots that home in on enemies.
Her hitbox is somewhat small.

Marisa Kirisame
Ordinary Magician

The Lunar Capital's Power Stone appeared before anyone knew it.
It held a power that could throw Gensokyo's society into chaos.

Special trait is her high firepower, both when focused and unfocused.
She has high movement speed, and makes it easy to collect items too.

Sanae Kochiya
Mountain-Dwelling Living God of Miracles

A metallic spider appeared over the Youkai Mountain.
To her, it looked like the Mars rover, Curiosity.

Has a wide-range attack both when focused and unfocused.
Her focused shot homes in, so you can concentrate on dodging.

Reisen Udongein Inaba
Moon Rabbit on Earth

The only thing that can oppose the moon's power is the moon's power itself.
Eirin's drug had the power to experience the future.

Her focused shot uses piercing bullets.
Her high-performance Spell Card allows you to take three hits
without dying. (Her hitbox gets bigger, though.)
*Barrier disappears upon clearing a stage.

Gameplay:

This time around there are 2 modes instead of the previous arcade one.

Pointdevice Mode with infinite lives allows you to continue after death as many times as you want. However, every time you are hit you will be send a little back in the stage or at the beginning of a enemy spell card. However you will lose 0.01 power each time. On the bright side the game has a save feature that will allow you to resume from any checkpoint you ceased playing at.

Legacy Mode, more familiar one with returning players, features live pool and continues much like previous games in the series. Of course you can gain more by collecting life pieces. Since the lives are indeed limited, it might be worth leaving this mode until you manage to clear the game at all.

There are 4 difficulties to choose from: New Moon Level(Easy), Crescent Level(Normal), Half Moon Level(Hard) and Full Moon Level(Lunatic). The game is considered hard, even by ZUN, so don't be shy and try out all the options while playing.

Screenshots:

Quote from: Zun
Touhou Project 15.
"東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom."

It's read as Touhou Kanjuden (とうほうかんじゅでん). It will be completed this summer, and the demo version will be released on Reitaisai.

If I had to explain the general overview of the story, it's a secret. The player characters will be Reimu, Marisa, Sanae en Reisen. Though there will still be changes, I added some screenshots of the current state of development.

* The game is still in development. It's sure to change, so speculation on the basis of these screenshots is useless.

On face value it doesn't look much different from normal, but this time it will have a pretty daring system. It might turn out very different from the gameplay up till now. (although the fundamental shmup components are more simple) It's a challenge that seems to go well, so I get the feeling I might somehow manage to finish the demo. I hope you can appreciate the game as a proposition of what shmup games can also look like.

But if I'm honest, the completion of the demo version is still very far away, so I plan to continue development until just before Reitaisai. Which means the CD's will be home burned...... It's been longs since I had this feeling that signifies this kind of dōjin activities, so I am excited for it.
Having said that, I am still unsure whether I will finish the system modifications for the large changes in the gameplay on time, but we will see at Reitaisai this year. (Although thinking of what would happen if I don't is even worse)

Oh, furthermore, Touhou Project 14.5 Touhou Shinpiroku ~ Urban Legend in Limbo is also planned to be released at Reitaisai. If you are interested I would greatly appreciate you picking it up as well.

どうもー、暑くて体力的にまいっていますが、今年も夏コミに出ます。
一日目金曜日、東シー29a「上海アリス幻楽団」です。

今回の頒布物は「東方紺珠伝」のみです。
一部1000円です。

初めての方にとって、コミケの会場は予想より遥かに過酷ですので、しっかりと暑さ対策してきてください。
僕も大丈夫かどうか若干自信が無いので、万全の対策をしていきます。
グッタリしてたら申し訳ないですが。

それではビックサイトで僕と握手!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:30:40 PM by Berzul »

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 12:05:33 PM »
It turns out ZUN didn't introduce astronomy in WaHH and Udonge in FS for nothing, lol.

Touhou Kanjuden ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.

Demo at Reitaisai 12 (May 10).

Title means roughly "Eastern Tale of the Ultramarine Orb".

The titular "Ultramarine Orb" (Kanju, mandarin: g?n zhū), is a gem said to belong to Zhang Yue, a prime minister of China's Tang dynasty. When he forgot anything, he would hold the gem in his hand, and be able to remember everything.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:24:34 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
Reisen being playable is neat. Moaaaaar Stage 5!

I wonder about the new characters now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:27:19 PM by Spotty Ren »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 12:12:38 PM »
Reisen appears to be holding a gun.  A gun with bunny ears.

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 12:14:46 PM »
I'm literally shaking right now I can't believe I'm living in a world where Reisen is a playable character.

NOW ZUN PLEASE GIVE US YOUMU TOO I NEED BOTH OF THEM PLAYABLE THEN I'LL DIE HAPPY

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 12:23:01 PM »
Reisen being playable is neat. Moaaaaar Stage 5!

So indeed Stage 5 Boss have the larger potential becoming playable.

Waiting for Shou, Orin, and Futo being playable.

Seija wasn't counted cause she's already got her own game.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »
Sanae, Reisen, Reimu as playables.

Where is Marisa?

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »
Sanae, Reisen, Reimu as playables.

Where is Marisa?
登場プレイヤーは霊夢、魔理沙、早苗と鈴仙です。
She is also here.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 12:30:05 PM »
So! Quick run of google translate on the text so far.

- Playables are Reimu, Marisa, Sanae and Reisen
- No comments on the story so far
- He mentions that although it looks the same at first glance, the gameplay's actually very different from usual and you may have to switch up your playstyle
- Because there are so many changes involved, the demo isn't actually finished yet. Hence every picture has a disclaimer saying it's subject to change.

Also, Reisen's shots are called Lunatic Gun and Mind Wave, and her spellcard is Evil Undulation.

Ri-ze

• Lunatic Rabbit
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 12:31:36 PM »
This is great news! I never would've thought Reisen would be playable ( there goes the only human player characters theory~) but I'm so happy!

I wonder what the disable over the life bar is going to do... maybe it's the game's gimmick or something?

Reisen: Right, after I win I take your info.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 12:36:58 PM »
@ Spotty, ah check.

Also: lolSakuya featuring in DDC and immediately disappearing again just to make place for Sanae :V

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 12:41:19 PM »
It turns out ZUN didn't introduce astronomy in WaHH and Udonge in FS for nothing, lol.

Touhou Kanjuden ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.

Demo at Reitaisai 12 (May 10).

Title means roughly "Eastern Tale of the Ultramarine Orb".

The titular "Ultramarine Orb" (Kanju, mandarin: g?n zhū), is a gem said to belong to Zhang Yue, a prime minister of China's Tang dynasty. When he forgot anything, he would hold the gem in his hand, and be able to remember everything.
remember everything.
Spoiler:
Mima confirmed!

I didn't think it was going to happen but for once I'm glad I was wrong. Touhou 15 2015!

On another note, this breaks the supposed Phantasmagoria pattern (unless it's a Phantasmagoria with only 4 characters ?_?), as well as the "main game playable characters must be humans" pattern.

I also noticed something regarding "chapters", so I wonder what that is about.

I won't be quick to judge, but I have to say from the screenshots it looks like a fan-game in quality. And what was that a black Reisen?!?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:43:55 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »
@ Spotty, ah check.

Also: lolSakuya featuring in DDC and immediately disappearing again just to make place for Sanae :V

Ahaha, I guess after this the next roster will be Reimu, Marisa, Youmu, and Sakuya.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 12:44:19 PM »
Wow! New games already? Today is a good day.

So, here's what I see in the screenshots.

-No Spell Practice in this game
-1st picture: Lives disabled on stage and boss fight. I dunno what happens or why... I guess that is a new gimmick.
-4th picture: Chapter Graze, Finished? Shooting Down? Well, looks like this is gonna be interesting.
-The boss seems to be some kind of a rabbit (well, its Lunar Kingdom, isn't it? Also, are we going to fight the Watasuki sisters?)

As an unrelated note, I think the characters in this game look weirder than DDC.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:49:09 PM by Kageshirou »

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 12:49:51 PM »
Reisen playable, this is one of the greatest Touhou-related news I've heard.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »
I had predicted TH15 would feature a youkai as a playable character, but a moon rabbit is fine, too. I can't wait to use that bunny gun.

So a non-human is resolving an incident in a standard Touhou shooter after all. Interesting change of pace.

e:
-1st picture: Lives disabled on stage and boss fight. I dunno what happens or why... I guess that is a new gimmick.

Could also be a Last Word type deal?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:52:42 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »
Will someone make a proper front page post about this? I ask because there haven't been any for the last several major announcements (14.5 and English Playism in particular, but quite a few others as well), making the front page look really outdated.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »
So, bunny gun. This will be a meme. I guarantee it.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 12:56:51 PM »
Spoiler:
Mima confirmed!

No! what are you doing!?  :getdown: :getdown:

You've just jinxed it by mentioning her name!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »
Will someone make a proper front page post about this? I ask because there haven't been any for the last several major announcements (14.5 and English Playism in particular, but quite a few others as well), making the front page look really outdated.
Can't remember if I wrote one for DDC, I think I did no?

I'll write one when I obtained a physical copy of the demo so I can post proper screenshots and maybe some more explanation about the game.

Currently we only have a ZUN announcement so yea this thread suffices for it. Speculations != game article.

Edit: Also Cuc or mods have hijack abilities, we could improve Berzul's post. I would strongly advice this though. Depends on what Cuc is gonna do. If he has limited time I can do it tonight when I am at home.

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 12:59:36 PM »
I see a Lotus Crest on the title background. Familiar designs too.

Byakuren cameo incoming! Or heck, I don't mind if Shou is in instead, if that's even possible.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:13:43 PM by monhan »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 01:03:14 PM »
Ok so Ammy and I had the same idea it seems. If it is ok for you Ammy I will apply bit more structure to your screenshots

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 01:04:28 PM »
Be my guest! Just thought this deserved more than a blog link and "Yey!"

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »
Be my guest! Just thought this deserved more than a blog link and "Yey!"
Quite so my dear Tengu friend. I have kept your screenshots and info, because I had same idea 

TEAMWORK FTW! caw!

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 01:06:54 PM »
Can't remember if I wrote one for DDC, I think I did no?

I'll write one when I obtained a physical copy of the demo so I can post proper screenshots and maybe some more explanation about the game.

Currently we only have a ZUN announcement so yea this thread suffices for it. Speculations != game article.

Edit: Also Cuc or mods have hijack abilities, we could improve Berzul's post. I would strongly advice this though. Depends on what Cuc is gonna do. If he has limited time I can do it tonight when I am at home.

I was referring to ULiL though, which hasn't had a post at all despite there already being a demo. I understand the logic to wait a while for this one, though.

Also, I checked the front page, and it turns out there was a post for DDC demo but not full. Should they have been separate posts?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 01:07:04 PM »
BUNNYMANIA IS RUNNING WILD SISTER
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2015, 01:10:16 PM »
<fangboy/girlgasm>
Except you have been betraying Reisen, like she did to her own kind, since 10D. How dare you to leave them all to their fate.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2015, 01:10:30 PM »
Could also be a Last Word type deal?

Yeah, it could be but lives disabled on stage is new.

Maybe there is something else other than Last Word?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:14:43 PM by Kageshirou »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 01:12:35 PM »
Except you have been betraying Reisen, like she did to her own kind, since 10D. How dare you to leave them all to their fate.

Reisen's always been higher than Miko, broseph.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »
Apparently the new gameplay system is gonna require a lot of work, so ZUN will be working right up until the very last minute, and burning all the trial discs at home.

God speed.