Author Topic: VIVIT (西方秋霜玉 ~ Shuusou Gyoku) - Boss Battle  (Read 2531 times)

Matteo

VIVIT (西方秋霜玉 ~ Shuusou Gyoku) - Boss Battle
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:56:33 PM »
Hi all, this is a full project that i finally ended.

Story is ingame in the dialog but if you want a brief spoiler... the player is a human priest of a small village from the outside world that..."read ingame to see it  :3"

Boss is made like pc-98 style, difficulty is hard-lunatic. This script is good to learn how to dodge  ;)

The boss has 3 forms:

1- FIRST FORM : easy, only a few patterns are hard. But be careful!

2- SECOND FORM : hard, here the boss is merciless. Here you will need sharp reflexes and sometimes micro-dodgings.

3- THIRD FORM : normal/hard : this is the best part of the script. Vivit's last stand, where bullets follow precise patterns and you have to read them in order to survive. So, less micro-dodging and more planning.

4- "If i must die, so shall you"  hard :  she too says that, not only Sariel... a survival card that in my opinion is a real challenge.

http://www.mediafire.com/?158fb52w0dquvr5

Last comment: i hope you like this...also, since i put really a lot of efforts in doing this, can you give me a comment or a review to let me know if you find the boss nice or not? Thanks!

Copyright for the sprites musics etc etc go to their authors, not me!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:59:21 PM by Matteo »

Re: VIVIT (西方秋霜玉 ~ Shuusou Gyoku) - Boss Battle
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:44:07 PM »
Bullets did not hurt the player. Is this an issue with your script?

Most of it seemed fun. Except perhaps those hard to see blue curvy lazers, which seemed like hard to dodge. I'd have to play it again while being able to get hit with bullets to know for sure.

Matteo

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 06:36:53 AM »
That's strange... evrithing (bullets included) hurt the player. Or at least when i tryed it. Hope you didn't push "i" , because it makes you invincible.

Blue curvy lasers are aimed at the start to player position so, you only need small dodging...even if i made them fast to make it harder.

Thanks, i'm happy that you liked it.
Next project will be a Yuugi stage, a long work...but it will be way better than my last yuugi script. After all, i'm improving...i think. 

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 07:50:36 AM »
That's strange... evrithing (bullets included) hurt the player. Or at least when i tryed it. Hope you didn't push "i" , because it makes you invincible.

Blue curvy lasers are aimed at the start to player position so, you only need small dodging...even if i made them fast to make it harder.

Thanks, i'm happy that you liked it.
Next project will be a Yuugi stage, a long work...but it will be way better than my last yuugi script. After all, i'm improving...i think.

I pressed I. Didn't realize until now that danmakufu had all those hotkeys. The script was very difficult  :V

Matteo

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:37:46 AM »
Well, it's hard but since i did nothing random, all the patterns have their directions so...it's only about reflexes and practise i guess.
But if you like it, i hope, i'm glad.
After all, in pc-98 style graphic and patterns are important but the fun comes more from the "playing the script without being clipped", not from "looking a spellcard pattern and think : such a nice design..".

That's also why i inserted a story and dialogs during the battle...it's a script focused on playing and just have fun. Next project i will focus on patterns grapich