Author Topic: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! ~*~ VOTE OVER!  (Read 63545 times)

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
Re: ~*~ Server-tan Contest! ~*~ VOTE OVER!
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »
oooooo, not just plain top votes?
*gasp* My henrietta might still have a  chance then! *entry no. 9*

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2011, 04:53:37 AM »
OH WAIT THIS SHIT'S OVER? FUCK THAT SHIT BLAME SCHOOL.

I was going to vote for Anarchy Formless' designs too. Guess I'm too late for this.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2011, 05:58:51 PM »
When is their gonna be winners?  ???

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41:31 PM »
Wait til C80 stuff settles down.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2011, 04:21:51 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemaidens, I'm happy to present to you some new results! Project Server-tan is not quite over yet, but we're nearing the finale.

So here's the decisions that were made on the designs:

Henrietta: The final verdict is the same as the voting here. Aoshi's Henrietta fits the requirements perfectly, so her design will be the official one!

Triela: Again, we're going with the voting here, which means Stuffman's Triela, but we'd like to ask you to revise the design a bit.
The current idea for Triela is to be a no-nonsense, serious business bosslady. Your Triela's hair and face work well for that, but the outfit as it is now doesn't quite fit that image (the elbowpads for example). It would be nice if you could do that for us.

Angelica: Now here is where we are going to make an interesting choice. The decision is that Angelica should look like a mismatch of parts, since she's a testbox, but not maimed or disabled. As such, the choice has been made to have her be a mix of four different entries:
First of all, we are taking the idea of Angelica being kept in a cage as in Torpedo's design.
Inside the cage is the four-armed crazy creature that Gappy designed. Added to that design will be the lines of code on the clothes that Aoshi's Angelica has, because those are a very neat idea.
Last but not least, she will get some elements from the favourite in the votes, Formless God's design. Angelica will have the white, red-tipped hair and the nice options from this design.
Quite fitting for Angelica that her design is now a mix of four different ones!

And there you have it, this is the current state of things!
I'd like Stuffman to tell if he's okay with revising his Triela, once we got that done we can move on to getting the first official picture of all three server-tans in their final forms together!

Once again, thank you to all contestants for your hard work, it was very enjoyable to see your different depictions of the brief ideas you were presented with ^^

Edit: Angelica now with even more parts. Monster-making in the progress \o/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:31:22 PM by Sakanamoto-san »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »
The current idea for Triela is to be a no-nonsense, serious business bosslady. Your Triela's hair and face work well for that, but the outfit as it is now doesn't quite fit that image (the elbowpads for example). It would be nice if you could do that for us.
"Heavy-lifting type" was a poor word choice because apparently I'm not the only one that thought that meant in the physical sense :V

The decision is that Angelica should look like a mismatch of parts, since she's a testbox, but not maimed or disabled.
But...but...cripple moe!

I'd like Stuffman to tell if he's okay with revising his Triela, once we got that done we can move on to getting the first official picture of all three server-tans in their final forms together!
Yeah I'll take care of it. I'll also take a crack at Angelica, but a bunch of other people should do that too since it's gonna look like a new design and we should sort that out before moving on to a final image.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2011, 06:54:02 PM »
"Heavy-lifting type" was a poor word choice because apparently I'm not the only one that thought that meant in the physical sense :V
Blame TSO, it was her wording ( ' 3')

Yeah I'll take care of it. I'll also take a crack at Angelica, but a bunch of other people should do that too since it's gonna look like a new design and we should sort that out before moving on to a final image.
Nice, thanks.
As for Angelica, yeah, I guess everyone who wants to take a shot can try their hand at drawing up the mixup, though I think the details are specific enough to call it a proper design at this point.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2011, 09:06:49 PM »
Angelica isn't crippled though, if anything she resides on far more powerful hardware than Triela and Henrietta combined.  I really liked Gappy's insanity look, because that to me captured best the haphazard and experimental nature of her.  She's definitely the mad scientist of the group,  and if anyone should look "futuristic", it's her.  Prosthetics or sections of electronics embedded in her outfit or design would fit perfectly.  I thought the lines of code on her outfit from Aoshi was ridiculously clever, and the cage on #7 cracked me up.

As for Triela, you guys should have read my mind better xP

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »
Trying out a few different things. Just quick sketches, not very high quality sorry.

A more proper version of the miko outfit. I doubt we'll be using this, but there it is.

Snazzy business suit.

Trying out the Balalaika look.

More of a business casual thing. Don't like this one.

Jojo-style Triela. Obviously we should use this one.

Let me know if you have any fashion ideas you'd like to see.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2011, 12:07:40 AM »
Stuffman!  All you need to do now is do a Jojos-style Trielalaika and it'll be perfect~!
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2011, 05:05:14 AM »
hmmmmm, just for fun, can I draw out a guess of what angelica will look like? XD

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2011, 05:15:28 AM »
hmmmmm, just for fun, can I draw out a guess of what angelica will look like? XD
Sure. Feel free to add in your own touches, the best that can happen is that the current design-idea becomes better, ne?

Also, nice Trielas, Stuff!

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »
I really like both the snazzy outfit and the Balalaika look. They don't need to be mutually exclusive. Triela could just throw on that nice coat any time.

Though, aside from the hair Triela doesn't really have anything super-natural to her, as opposed to Angelica. At least Henrietta has an adventurous outfit. Being a Touhou forum, I think the server-tans should look magical/super-natural too, like the characters, at least to some degree. Though, if nobody else wants something super-natural to her then she could stay like this.

Also, what colors should the server-tans have? Triela and Henrietta are still colorless, though Angelica at least has some pointers regarding colors.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:03:36 PM by OkashiiKisei »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »
Once designs are settled there will be a second contest to solicit actual artwork.  This will be judged on artistic merits.  They will be judged as a set (so all three come from the same artist) and the winner will be asked to commission various artwork and branding for the site.

The Server-tans are intended to be used for community-related pieces like the game servers, site announcements, events and rewards in community like SotW/WWC/etc.  Another idea was for 4komas to introduce new users to various items within the site as well as any unique features and rules we have here.

The Server-tans will not be part of the official site banner mostly because this is a Touhou site first, and several staff members have expresses possible confusion amongst new people (and I agree).  The madcots are mostly intended to leverage and demonstrate what I feel our niche in the WTC is, creative works.  We specialize in creating our own doujin works such as the growing Danmakufu section and the large fanworks sections.

They may occupy space in the default theme though.  Wonder why I left open space and said new post icons were placeholders? :b
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:18:12 PM by helvetica »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2011, 08:45:44 PM »
Though, aside from the hair Triela doesn't really have anything super-natural to her, as opposed to Angelica. At least Henrietta has an adventurous outfit. Being a Touhou forum, I think the server-tans should look magical/super-natural too, like the characters, at least to some degree. Though, if nobody else wants something super-natural to her then she could stay like this.

Yeah that's kind of why I wanted to push the miko thing, I feel like she should reference touhou in some way. I'll try to think of some more unusual outfits for her.

With the new forum theme settled, I would think Triela would have the same sort of aqua/blue. Assuming Angelica retains the general white/red scheme of Formless God's design, that would logically make Henrietta green. I won't be participating in the second round though, because I can't do professional linework or color for shit, so that'll be up to the rest of you.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:48:13 PM by Stuffman »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2011, 09:21:45 PM »
Yeah I understand, which is why we stressed that this phase was merely for fielding designs.  I made the final call based on how the design conveys what I was looking for as a visual representation of the various roles the hardware behind the scenes plays.  I didn't take artistic skill at all into the equation.

As for Triela, while I think businesswoman is more faithful to the kind of role Triela plays infrastructure-wise, miko suits her better given the subject matter (plus shrinemaiden.org hur).  The only thing off about your miko Triela really was the elbowpads :b.  She definitely should be the oldest and most mature looking, having been a part of MotK for what, 4-5 years now?  I'm not much a fan of her hairstyle either but I'm not sure how else you could have went with it and besides that's a tiny nitpick and can be left up to the artist's discreton.  Same with coloring.

With that being said I think we got outselves some designs so let's roll onto the next phase!  Thanks again to everyone who participated and I apologize for the delay in choosing winning designs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:23:34 PM by helvetica »

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2011, 05:28:24 AM »
I'm not much a fan of her hairstyle either but I'm not sure how else you could have went with it and besides that's a tiny nitpick and can be left up to the artist's discreton.
I personally like the hair because of the idea behind it, with it + the earring spelling out SMF.

With that being said I think we got outselves some designs so let's roll onto the next phase!
That's what I was waiting for! Please watch warmly, Server-tan contest round 2 coming up!

« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2011, 01:17:10 AM »
Damn Triela is hot :V

BV

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
The second phase of the contest has started here!