~Bunbunmaru News~ > Ask a *Blank* Archive
Ask a Not-Staffer Ep. 19 - N-Forza
<< < (12/12)
Mimachiro:
How many anime/gaming merchandise stores are within walking distance of your home?

How often do you frequent them?

Iku vs. Godzilla: who wins?
N-Forza:

--- Quote from: Rin Kagamine on June 28, 2011, 06:47:57 AM ---How did you study/learn Japanese when you first came here?

--- End quote ---
This flashcard/drilling program called "Kanji Box" and reading stuff in Japanese, not to mention what I learned by absorption.

--- Quote from: Drake on June 28, 2011, 07:15:14 AM ---Related: for a guy with one year of formal classes, going for a second, along with immersion limited to internet. Once most points of grammar and such are out of the way, what do you think would be the best method for furthering fluency (whether it be vocabulary or colloquial phrases or kanjigrinding or whatever) and where could I learn such things?

- 渋川に来るので君は私を食事に招待してくれたなら、どこに行きたいですか?(私の好み構いない)

無関係、http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm506752

--- End quote ---
I don't know. Again, it's not just knowing the kanji and grammar, it's knowing how to use it. The Internet seems pretty decent for that, but I heard there are services that will match you up with willing partners to have Japanese conversations over Skype and things like that. I'm not sure where they would be found though.

If I'm understanding your question right, there really isn't too much special about the food here, although it's apparently famous for "yaki-manju" so if you like that, you're golden.

And yeah, that's the video I saw way back when that kind of introduced me in a roundabout way to Touhou.

--- Quote from: Card Captor Sakura on June 28, 2011, 07:44:55 AM ---What's your favourite out of the Touhou games?

What would a perfect day go like for you?

--- End quote ---
Shoot the Bullet. I love the premise behind it and it works out pretty good.

I have no idea. There are lots of things I would like to do, but again, I have a hard time "ranking" things that would let me clearly say which one is best.

--- Quote from: IronE-Nazrin on June 28, 2011, 08:33:17 AM ---The racism question reminds me, what've you seen about the drama between Japan and Korea? Is that mostly trolling, or does that tend to be a sore spot?

--- End quote ---
At times, maybe. I imagine most of that is just trolling on the Internet though. Only ultra-nationalists really care.

--- Quote from: U.S.C. Genichiro on June 28, 2011, 10:01:58 AM ---How many anime/gaming merchandise stores are within walking distance of your home?

How often do you frequent them?

Iku vs. Godzilla: who wins?

--- End quote ---
They are actually building one just down the road from me. It was an old shoe store, abandoned since before I got here, so it's about time something moved in.

I go to the other ones by bike, but I only go about once every two weeks. I don't really have the budget for it, and Amazon usually has better prices, so I just go when I feel like browsing for a bit.

Depends on how resistant Iku is to electricity/fever.

Congraturation! Thanks you for your playing. See you next!
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version