~Bunbunmaru News~ > Letters to the Editor
Maidens of the Kaleidoscope - A Timeline
<< < (2/5) > >>
trancehime:

--- Quote from: Kips McKipzerson on March 01, 2011, 11:43:20 AM ---Long history.

So wait, the IRC moved because of a damned DotS game? Seems like an easy way to solve problems if you only pick nitori. >.>

--- End quote ---

This was Pre-Nerf!Nitori, where she was at her most broken.

It was pretty clear that headcrabs wanted the move at the time, else he wouldn't have chosen her, I'm sure. I was on Pesco's team as well, so... >_>

Geez, speaking of Katchura, I wonder what the hell he's even doing right now >_o
helvetica:

--- Quote from: Fraulein Trancell on March 01, 2011, 11:02:29 PM ---This was Pre-Nerf!Nitori, where she was at her most broken.

It was pretty clear that headcrabs wanted the move at the time, else he wouldn't have chosen her, I'm sure. I was on Pesco's team as well, so... >_>

Geez, speaking of Katchura, I wonder what the hell he's even doing right now >_o

--- End quote ---
Last thing I remember from him he was going to a green foam party.  To fuck 16 year old bitches and get EGL fashion tips.
Edible:
I imagine he has a harem of gothlolis at this stage.
Aisha:
Provided that I'm remembering correctly, it might be worth adding that MotK made two very significant contributions to the international Touhou community (aside from possibly being the only English site dedicated to Touhou at the time), in that projects started on those old forums gave rise to Touhou Wiki and the Pooshlmer image boards. One of them was a translated spellcard compendium for Touhou 6 through 8, complete with screenshots. It was started and maintained by Leviathean, I believe. The main site also had translations for those Touhou games, but aside from Touhou 6, they were pretty incomplete. Aona and a few others (?) started posting and translating the remaining scripts on the forums. Katchura might have stopped being active on the site by then, so its translations weren't kept up to date. But anyway, it was eventually decided to transfer the spellcard compendium and game translations to wiki format for ease of editing. The thing started to expand rapidly since then. I believe a member (J5983, I think), stepped up to create and host the wiki and the Pooshlmer image boards. If I had to place a date on all of this, it would probably be somewhere between late-2004 and early-mid 2005, but that seems a bit off to me for some reason.

Early patching efforts for Touhou 6 through 8 also began here, courtesy of game hacking by s", ssssz(?), and maybe a few others. These might have also contributed to the founding of the Touhou Wiki, but I'm less confident where that fits into the timeline. Early Touhou doujinshi scanlations also happened here before moving to Pooshlmer.

Prior to the hacking, the forums also decayed a bit because they were starting to become overrun with ad bots. If it weren't for the hacking these forums might have eventually faded away like the Eternal Romancia forums (if anyone remembers those; some old members also posted there).
Seventh Holy Scripture:

--- Quote from: Aisha on March 02, 2011, 03:18:28 AM ---I believe a member (I can't remember his name, but I believe it began with "J" and followed with four or five numbers), stepped up to create and host the wiki and the Pooshlmer image boards. If I had to place a date on all of this, it would probably be somewhere between late-2004 and early-mid 2005, but that seems a bit off to me for some reason.

Early patching efforts for Touhou 6 through 8 also began here, courtesy of game hacking by s", ssssz(?), and maybe a few others. These might have also contributed to the founding of the Touhou Wiki, but I'm less confident where that fits into the timeline. Early Touhou doujinshi scanlations also happened here before moving to Pooshlmer.

--- End quote ---

He goes by "J5983", I believe. Most interesting. I did not know he was ever a member here or that the idea for the wiki/imageboard were first floated on the forums, it was definitely before I arrived.

I do remember s" being the driving technical force behind the first few English patches. That was after we'd had the game scripts translated for a good long while and were just missing the hacking expertise to get them into the game, until he spontaneously showed up and provided it, so I don't think those events had anything to do with the founding of the Touhou Wiki - to my recollection that was already around and serving as a repository for the translations.

Thanks for your contribution! I'm impressed that even I had something to learn about our history.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version