~Bunbunmaru News~ > Front Page Headlines
Regarding the IRC (and myself)
(1/1)
[⑨] Suzuran:
When I took over hosting of the IRC, I did so as a favor to Gwen.
After my active participation in the IRC came to an end, I continued to host it out of a desire to not cause further problems for Gwen.
With Gwen's passing, that (self-assumed) obligation is at an end.

PPIRC was never mine - It was Gwen's network. I only hosted it.
I only had operator privileges out of necessity and was never supposed to be involved in the network itself.
(This is why I never had a regular channel operator in #shrinemaiden - I was a half-operator in that channel only.)

My intentions are to continue to host the IRC as it is until the ppirc.net domain expires, at which time the ppirc network will cease to exist.
At that time, I consider my involvement in the western touhou fandom to be at its end. I do not intend to impose myself upon you any further.

If there is demand for it (and there seems to be), I may run another IRC network, and it may happen to have the same IP address that PPIRC does now, but it will not be PPIRC.
PPIRC belongs to Gwen and should go with her. I don't feel right stealing It away.

The past is in the past now, and as much as I wish things had gone differently, what happened happened.
For all its warts, I would not trade it for anything; I only wish I had done less harm.
I should have moved on a long time ago, and this feels like the right time to do it.
I wish you all the best in the future.

--- Quote ---...what's past is prologue, what to come
In yours and my discharge.
--- End quote ---
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version