~Beyond the Border~ > Sara's Audio-Visual Import-Overflow Retail
Avengers: Endgame - I feel REALLY good about this
<< < (3/5) > >>
BT:

--- Quote from: commandercool on April 28, 2019, 07:04:53 PM ---Wait, what? If you watch them out of order you kind of have to expect that...

--- End quote ---
I was on a tight schedule to marathon the entire MCU before Endgame and ended up having time to watch only one of Captain Marvel and Ant-Man 2. I chose Captain Marvel.  :3

Spoiler: They were very methodical to spread callbacks to, like, every single MCU movie. I didn't expect Ant-Man 2 to be so plot-relevant, though.  :V
Raikaria:

--- Quote from: BT on April 28, 2019, 09:17:45 PM ---I was on a tight schedule to marathon the entire MCU before Endgame and ended up having time to watch only one of Captain Marvel and Ant-Man 2. I chose Captain Marvel.  :3

--- End quote ---
You probobly chose the wrong one Spoiler: Given how you could more or less cut Marvel and replace what little she did with Thor [EG: Thor finds Stark in space; Thor uses lightning and weapons to smash Thanos' ship] and you'd still be fine. I put it down to a lot of the movie going against expectations. People expected Marvel to steal the show. IMO if anything she was the biggest let-down of the film.
Leon゠Helsing:
Spoiler: Those madmen fucking did it. They took one of the most controversial moments in Marvel comics history and made it into a goddamn incredible joke. Like holy shit, I was both impressed and laughing my ass off when he said it.
Drake:

--- Quote from: Raikaria on April 28, 2019, 11:08:10 PM ---You probobly chose the wrong one Spoiler: Given how you could more or less cut Marvel and replace what little she did with Thor [EG: Thor finds Stark in space; Thor uses lightning and weapons to smash Thanos' ship] and you'd still be fine. I put it down to a lot of the movie going against expectations. People expected Marvel to steal the show. IMO if anything she was the biggest let-down of the film.
--- End quote ---
I think this probably comes down to cut content. I imagine the movie was originally much, much longer and in order to tighten it up they cut down in that respect. Spoiler: But honestly I don't think they really established Thor would have had the power to do that, at least at this point in time
Mеа:

--- Quote from: Raikaria on April 28, 2019, 11:08:10 PM ---Spoiler: People expected Marvel to steal the show.
--- End quote ---
Spoiler: I have to wonder what the release schedule was planned to be for these movies. According to my friend, apparently this and Infinity War were filmed back to back. With how irrelevant Captain Marvel is in this movie, it almost feels like her small debut here was supposed to be a short teaser for her eventual full appearance in her own movie (kind of like Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman?).
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version