~Beyond the Border~ > Sara's Audio-Visual Import-Overflow Retail
World Cup 2018 topic
(1/37) > >>
Edible:
Futbol!

My local team (US), my backup team (Netherlands), and my backup backup team (Chile) are all out this year, so I have no idea who to root for.  But who cares, it's world cup time.
Hello Purvis:
Is this the one with the hundreds of dead slaves, or is that the next one?
Kilgamayan:
That's the next one, though it's entirely possible it's true of this one too and Russia is just better at hiding it than Qatar.
nav':
My team struggled to a draw against Chile's reserve squad just a couple days ago. Poland will face Lithuania in another friendly before taking on Senegal, Colombia and Japan in the group. An extremely difficult task awaits. Our defence is lacking and lately we typically expend most of our stamina in the first half, then cling on for dear life in the second (only one 2nd half goal in the last five friendlies, against decent opponents; also losing plenty in the second half). Expect hilarity if Jędrzejczyk is ever fielded as wing back. Pazdan also has a tendency to make stupid mistakes in some games, and Bednarek (the expected substitute for Glik should injury prevent the latter from playing) is very inexperienced. Expect us to try and use our formidable offensive quality (Zieliński, Grosicki, Błaszczykowski, Lewandowski, Milik; although the last one is likely to be a substitute after the formation change earlier this year) to force our way to victory early, hopefully scoring a couple goals in the first half and avoiding defensive blunders to retain the lead.

I'm not actually expecting Poland to go through, so once we're eliminated I will mostly be rooting for Germany (since they're damn good and fun to watch) and Iceland (everyone loves them; sadly their group is extremely difficult this time around). Also can't wait for England getting knocked out in round of 16.
BT:
Maan, I remember the last thread. Good times.

I'll be rooting for Egypt, lesse how far they get.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version