Author Topic: Nuclear Cheese's Danmakufu Scripts  (Read 36303 times)

Nuclear Cheese

• Relax and enjoy the danmaku.
    • My homepage
Re: Nuclear Cheese's Danmakufu Scripts
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »
Tested it on Normal. It's a great idea, but I have two complains:
-The more important one: Sometimes the script generates circles with pretty much no space between the bullets. And if even more bullets come down, you're basically f***ed.

Yeah, it's a work in progress.  It's hard to tell the computer "don't make undodgable patterns" ... hopefully I'll be able to get some more 'fairness' built in at some point.

In the mean time - "You've got bombs; use them." :V

-Less important, but still annoying: Replays desync. The replay I saved desyncs at the second card and finishes at the third, though I got to card No. 13.

Huh ... if that's the case then I guess Danmakufu isn't as good with this as I thought.
I had run a few tests with replays, but perhaps they start to get more likely to desync as time goes on.

This is something beyond my control, unfortunately.  Unless I go ahead with that crack idea of building a whole new Danmakufu-like program ...
to quote Naut:
"I can see the background, there are too many safespots."
:V

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 11:24:33 PM »
This is something beyond my control, unfortunately.  Unless I go ahead with that crack idea of building a whole new Danmakufu-like program ...
DO IT
I'LL PAY YOU(ry

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 01:49:54 AM »
I know there was this thing called a Danmakufu Alternative, sadly the board was well reconstructed.

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 05:51:00 AM »
-The more important one: Sometimes the script generates circles with pretty much no space between the bullets. And if even more bullets come down, you're basically f***ed.

Yeah, it's a work in progress.  It's hard to tell the computer "don't make undodgable patterns" ... hopefully I'll be able to get some more 'fairness' built in at some point.

Same problem. I've also had CreateShotA's that, in the middle of their randomly generated SetShotDataA, turn into XXX03's and wall me in place, since when they spawned they were small and easy to pass through. Granted, everything other than that has been possible, which I use very loosely.

Speaking of SetShotDataA and it's assness, please put accelleration on bullets that change velocities. I don't like bullets that will change speed and direction near-instantly, with only a slight pause for a warning (the bullets stops, laughs at me, then charges at random around the screen).

And while I'm listing things to change: add sound effects. How did I even miss this one on the first list? How has nobody even thought of it?

-Less important, but still annoying: Replays desync. The replay I saved desyncs at the second card and finishes at the third, though I got to card No. 13.
Huh ... if that's the case then I guess Danmakufu isn't as good with this as I thought.
I had run a few tests with replays, but perhaps they start to get more likely to desync as time goes on.

I haven't had a replay desync yet. Wait...

Yes I have had a replay desync please make a new danmakufu that would be awesome oh God please yes thank you very much yes desync

MAKE US A BETTER VERSION OF DANMAKUFU

I'LL GIVE YOU TWENTY BUCKS...!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:52:58 AM by Naut »

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 07:17:23 AM »

Same problem. I've also had CreateShotA's that, in the middle of their randomly generated SetShotDataA, turn into XXX03's and wall me in place, since when they spawned they were small and easy to pass through. Granted, everything other than that has been possible, which I use very loosely.

Speaking of SetShotDataA and it's assness, please put accelleration on bullets that change velocities. I don't like bullets that will change speed and direction near-instantly, with only a slight pause for a warning (the bullets stops, laughs at me, then charges at random around the screen).

Actually, they should have an acceleration - it's in the range of +/-0.2.  Perhaps that's too high?

... or perhaps I screwed something up.  I'll make a note to look into it.

And while I'm listing things to change: add sound effects. How did I even miss this one on the first list? How has nobody even thought of it?

Get me sound effects I can use, and I will use them.

I haven't had a replay desync yet. Wait...

Yes I have had a replay desync please make a new danmakufu that would be awesome oh God please yes thank you very much yes desync

MAKE US A BETTER VERSION OF DANMAKUFU

I'LL GIVE YOU TWENTY BUCKS...!

DO IT
I'LL PAY YOU(ry

I have been considering this idea.  There's a few catches, though:

1) I already have a metric fuckton of other things listed that I want to do as well.  Sure, this would be relatively high on the list (cause it'd be awesome), but it's still adding another thing to the already really long list, which is rather annoying.

2) The script language itself.  While possible, it'd be a royal pain in the ass to make it script-compatible with Danmakufu.  And I wouldn't really want to do that anyways, since there's some things I disagree with in Danmakufu's implementation (the way it does tasks, for one).  We'd need a syntax design and shit before we even get the code rolling.

3) Interpreting the script is going to be half a bitch to code by itself.  Basically, you're looking at interpreting a full-out grammar - not an easy task.  At least, unless someone can find a good .NET library that does it for me (and is licensed in a way that lets me use it).

I should note that, if I were to undergo this project, it would most likely be done in C#.NET using OpenGL/SDL.NET.  The main advantage here (in theory, at least.  I don't have the means to try it myself) is that, using mono, it can be run on non-Windows platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to do this.  Just pointing out the major obstacles.  Feel free to provide feedback on this - make this an easier task for me and I'll be more likely to do it.

Oh, and last time I was offered money for this the offer had this trailing "... maybe" on it, which made me rather skeptical of such proposals. :V
to quote Naut:

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 02:23:51 AM »
Hey guys, I'm bored.  And I can't work on Musuu no Danmaku, 'cause I'm on my laptop and nowhere near my desktop.  So I did the next worstbest thing - I made a new Danmakufu script.

Danmaku Sign 「Bullet Curtain」

It's pretty dumb by most standards, but it's just a simple thing that will test your dodging skills.  A curtain of bullets rains down the screen at you, getting denser as this survival card goes on.

Includes a menu for selecting difficulty and the bullet type for the game to use*.  Higher difficulties have the card last longer and higher bullet densities.

Again, not anything special (and certainly not my Danmakufu Ultimate Script of AwesomenessTM), but, hey, it's worth a post I guess.

A bit more detail on point items:
You get more point items if you don't miss or bomb, with a sizable multiplier applied if you capture the spellcard entirely.  You also get more point items for higher difficulties, and a bit extra for grazing more bullets.

I've cleared the highest difficulty using the rainbow of larger round bullets, with a final point item count of 1310 (just under 600 graze).

Cue Suikama adding in Brofists in 3, 2, 1 ... >__>
to quote Naut:

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 02:39:17 AM »
Cue Suikama adding in Brofists in 3, 2, 1 ... >__>
You do realize this could be the best thing ever since bread, right?

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 02:44:08 AM »
So uh...

Do you guys want me to BROFIST it or not? :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009, 02:50:42 AM »
Are you asking permission or what.

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2009, 02:55:17 AM »
637 graze, 1314 point items, highest difficulty. I don't know where the other 4 point items came from Nevermind. Needs a speed modifier, though the script is pretty nerve wracking on the highest difficulty... But that's mostly because of the length of time you have to push through.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:59:07 AM by Naut »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2009, 03:27:39 AM »
This thing plays tricks on your eyes after a while.

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 02:23:19 AM »
So uh...

Do you guys want me to BROFIST it or not? :V

The important question is, do you want to BROFIST it?

637 graze, 1314 point items, highest difficulty. I don't know where the other 4 point items came from Nevermind. Needs a speed modifier, though the script is pretty nerve wracking on the highest difficulty... But that's mostly because of the length of time you have to push through.

I see you've found it.  Perhaps I made it too obvious?
It's a secret to everybody.

I suppose faster bullets could be in order, if I decide to make an updated version.

This thing plays tricks on your eyes after a while.

Probably has something to do with the fact that not all of the bullets are going straight vertically.
to quote Naut:

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 03:20:09 AM »
Hmm.. For your next version of NTSD could you include Shot Replace? It would make very varied spellcards.

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2009, 05:40:27 AM »
Hmm.. For your next version of NTSD could you include Shot Replace? It would make very varied spellcards.

Hmm ... I can consider it.

Although, I've generally been one to stick with the basic bullet graphics.  Perhaps two versions could be done, one that does use the shot replace and one that doesn't ...

At the moment, though, NTSD development is on hold, due to my other project;.
to quote Naut:

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 08:16:50 PM »
Oh, wow! How the hell did you find those? ???

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »
Errr..Simply searching Danmakufu and go to newest in Youtube?

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2009, 09:06:34 AM »
So, I tested NTSD. Awesome idea, and the problems I found have already been pointed out by other people. I came across a great name though.

Befriending Sign "Freezing the Friend".
Oh, by the way, this is what it spawned at me too.

Your random generator has a twisted sense of humor.  :-X
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2009, 02:46:36 PM »

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »
Muscular Sign "Lifting the Imaginary Pineapple"

As for the attack itself, I don't have a screenshot, but it basically behaved like Random Sign "Entropy," except at random intervals everything would turn into aimed super-fast knives. Twisted sense of humor, indeed.

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2009, 12:33:52 AM »
So, I tested NTSD. Awesome idea, and the problems I found have already been pointed out by other people. I came across a great name though.

Befriending Sign "Freezing the Friend".
Oh, by the way, this is what it spawned at me too.

lol

Your random generator has a twisted sense of humor.  :-X

"Twisted" is certainly an apt way to put it.

I still need to get some better balance with the shot sizes, honestly.  And some more variety in what it can do at a basic level (right now all attacks are built up from only like 4 or so basic attack types).

I have a bunch of ideas for the next version, but currently it's on the proverbial back-burner while I'm getting Musuu no Danmaku up to a decent state.

You asked for it

lulz. :V

Muscular Sign "Lifting the Imaginary Pineapple"

As for the attack itself, I don't have a screenshot, but it basically behaved like Random Sign "Entropy," except at random intervals everything would turn into aimed super-fast knives. Twisted sense of humor, indeed.

Yeah, that can happen on higher difficulties.  I think I went a bit overboard with how fast shots can go.
to quote Naut: