Author Topic: The armory  (Read 19103 times)

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
The armory
« on: July 23, 2009, 10:57:06 AM »
One thing that makes bullet patterns are the bullets themselves. (Also, people die when they are killed.)
So what about a topic where you can upload the bullets you made?

But an armory wouldn't be good enough if it only sold arms and ammunition. An armory is also where you can receive advice and discuss ideas about whatever leaves your familiars, index finger, artificial sun, and core. So let's use this topic not only for the trading of bullets, but also for the trading of ideas.

What would you think of as a good projectile for danmaku games aside from the standard Touhou bullets?

Some games have meteors as attacks, which I think would be totally okay if it was used as projectile in danmakufu. But what about ninja weapons, like shuriken? Or cherry petals? Beer bottles? Babies? (Okay, scrap those two)

Do you have any more ideas? Or do you have bullets of your own for trade?

Edit:
Okay, here's a few samples of what I whipped together at work today:

Ninja weapons! Touhou doesn't have a ninja character (I think), so these can make you more original.
They are magnified by 200% from the original size so you can actually see them. Once I get more graphics I'll make a template for it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:57:28 PM by puremrz »
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: The armory
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 02:07:42 PM »
This thread makes little to no sense to me. Can you (or someone else) translate it into simplified universal english language?

puremrz

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:16:28 PM »
Oh bah, I'm Dutch too :P

In short, show off your custom bullets and discuss new ideas.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 05:09:22 PM »
armory = wapensmid
arms = wapens
familiars, index finger, artificial sun, and core = fammers, wijsvinger, nepzon,kern
there you go.

my idea was real weapons and bullets like axes, moar knives, firearm bullets, and cruise missiles. yeah cruise missiles rox

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 05:17:57 PM »
I understood those words but I didn't quite get the idea behind it. (lol fammers =P)

Bullets fit within the theme of the spellcard/boss you are using. If you take Stuffman's work for example, he creates custom bullets fitting inside the theme. Same goes for familiars, depends on the theme.

puremrz

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 08:58:57 AM »
armory = wapensmid
arms = wapens
familiars, index finger, artificial sun, and core = fammers, wijsvinger, nepzon,kern
there you go.

my idea was real weapons and bullets like axes, moar knives, firearm bullets, and cruise missiles. yeah cruise missiles rox

Tadah:
I have yet to try this out ingame, but I need some graphics for nice explosions first... >=D
I'm also working on some medieval weapons, like an axe. And perhaps a ball on a chain would be nice too.

Oh, I nearly forgot:

The usershot data for this looks like:
Code: [Select]
#UserShotData

ShotImage = ".\meteor.png"

ShotData{ id=1
render=ALPHA
angular_velocity = rand(1.5,-1.5)
delay_color= (255,255,255)
AnimationData{
animation_data=(45,0,0,256,256)
animation_data=(10,257,0,512,256)
animation_data=(10,513,0,768,256)
animation_data=(10,257,0,512,256)
}
}

ShotData{ id=2
render=ALPHA
angular_velocity = rand(1.5,-1.5)
delay_color= (255,255,255)
AnimationData{
animation_data=(1,0,256,256,512)
animation_data=(2,257,256,512,512)
animation_data=(3,513,256,768,512)
}
}

And for best results, I suggest you let this meteor grow before firing it, so like this:
Code: [Select]
if(frame==100){
let meteor=0;
CreateShotA(meteor,GetX,GetY,0);
SetShotDataA(meteor,0,2,GetAngleToPlayer,0,0,0,2);
SetShotDataA(meteor,3,NULL,NULL,0,0,0,1);
FireShot(meteor);
frame=0;
}
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:01:58 AM by puremrz »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
hey, those look quite interesting.

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 03:14:56 PM »
OoooH!!! Ooooh!!!
Make syringes!!!

puremrz

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 05:48:08 PM »
OoooH!!! Ooooh!!!
Make syringes!!!

Oh, I haven't thought of that one yet. I like your creepy idea :3
Though, I did make darts already, and I don't think you'd be able to see the difference in the graphics.

I'm working on my own custom shots sheet yet. It's becoming rather big, so it needs multiple shot replacement files.

I completed the custom shot sheet for the game I'm planning to make with Danmakufu. There's no shot data for it yet, I'll be working on that this weekend.
Feel free to take whatever you fancy.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:00:31 PM by puremrz »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »
make bats!!!

puremrz

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »
Oh, bats! Yay! *notes down*
Any more animal ideas?
So far I made butterflies, fireflies, dragonflies...

Edit: Wait... Bats can be clubs too.  ...I mean clubs to hit with. Argh, too many words with double meanings ^^;
Heck, I'll make both!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:09:07 PM by puremrz »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »
Oh, wow...that main shot sheet looks quite nice.

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »
suggestions:
- double parallel shots (as seen in Armed Police Batrider or Dodonpachi's stage 2 midboss); main uses: sprinkling shots
- vulcan shots (Battle Garegga's Black Heart boss being an example); main uses: straight shots, can have zoning properties
- "molecule" shots (Dodonpachi's stage 2 boss fire out those); main uses: remainders of enemy explosive projectiles, or blast cannons
- arrowhead shots (not the ones from PCB; the ones in the Seihou series/Samidare); main uses: can fly straightforward, or change angle slightly (in a curve)

perhaps I'll come back with more suggestions xD
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »
Holy shit those are awesome.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 08:31:19 PM »
HORSES

puremrz

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 08:41:49 PM »
suggestions:
- double parallel shots (as seen in Armed Police Batrider or Dodonpachi's stage 2 midboss); main uses: sprinkling shots
- vulcan shots (Battle Garegga's Black Heart boss being an example); main uses: straight shots, can have zoning properties
- "molecule" shots (Dodonpachi's stage 2 boss fire out those); main uses: remainders of enemy explosive projectiles, or blast cannons
- arrowhead shots (not the ones from PCB; the ones in the Seihou series/Samidare); main uses: can fly straightforward, or change angle slightly (in a curve)

perhaps I'll come back with more suggestions xD

Yow! Can you give me screenshots? I haven't played any other danmaku besides Touhou games ^^;

Holy shit those are awesome.

HORSES

LOL!
I once used a picture of my cat when I was learning how to use custom shots. Complete with Orin's meow sound every 60 frames...

...MANNOSUKE bullet. O_O http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5BYw_jymqo

Anyhoo.

I was making the UserShotData, and I noticed Danmakufu has a REALLY screwy way of drawing graphics. No matter how I put the rect data, it's never right. The closest I got was when the bullets show up perfect in one or two directions, but change when they go the opposite direction!

This is what I mean:

When shot, left looks like it should, but while right is the same bullet, it looks different when aimed the opposite way. And the bottom one is strange too.
I fiddled around, and my only option was to put a white space between each single bullet on the shot sheet. This is gonna take a while... But while I'm at that, I'll add white and black shots to it as well :3
(40% done...)

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 04:55:21 AM »
I was trying to get screenshots for you, but then I found out that I can't.. because I almost always try to play for score, and am trying to learn an optimal way to score in APB (and Dodonpachi stage 2 as well).. and.. and..

....whenever I do a mistake, I instantly reset the game :D
(think of this: in APB, the path I've chosen for score is: Manhattan City -> Sky High -> Airport -> Sewer System -> Highway; I must learn to score well up to the Airport, there I could get you two examples of said double parallel shots -- from the blue helicopters and Black Heart -- and the vulcan shots -- from Black Heart. As for Dodonpachi, if I don't get my 270+ chain with the A-L ship at the second stage, it wouldn't be a replay worth saving.. and in fact, I've saved none so far :D)

There's one way for me to not reset the game, and that would be playing on arcade, where I spend actual money and wouldn't want to restart the game.. but then I can't take screenshots.. :(
(the more I learn about scoring, the more difficult it becomes for me to get past through stages that I normally wouldn't have as much trouble with)

tl;dr I can't yukkuri shitteite ne! T____T

edit: I knew that something was feeling wrong... Airport's secret boss isn't Black Heart; Sewer System's is..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 04:57:40 AM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

puremrz

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 10:19:16 AM »
tl;dr I can't yukkuri shitteite ne! T____T

I looked on YouTube, but I couldn't make out the shots very well. So I made the double parallel and molecule shots based on my own thoughts. They're above the knives.

Bats have been added too.
Oh, and some oversized shots at the bottom as well. But I removed the dragonflies, because they scream ugly everytime I see them (And they're always in the way when reorganizing).

This is gonna need a lot of UserShotData files for different categories.
Currently about 10% done.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 01:30:24 PM by puremrz »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »
Some bullets look really nice: I am curious how you are going to declare them all, even though I see most of them are animated.

Fuck Danmakufu :[  if it only allowed more than 255 declareable bullets, that shotsheet is indeed too awesome.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:57:40 PM by Helepolis »

puremrz

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »
Some bullets look really nice: I am curious how you are going to declare them all, even though I see most of them are animated.

Fuck Danmakufu :[  if it only allowed more than 255 declareable bullets, that shotsheet is indeed too awesome.

I'm going to make a few variations of the shot sheets. You can only load one shot data file per spell, but that doesn't limit your whole game to just one. When you need bullets that are currently not in your UserShotData, just load another one :3
Or you can just change the name of the shot id to make your own version, easily done!

I finished the first part, so I uploaded it: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tjmjy2gt4yy

Just put the files in a folder such as
LoadUserShotData(GetCurrentScriptDirectory ~ "shots\CustomShots1.txt");
I added a doc file to the zip so you can quickly see which bullet is which number.

All right, time to do the other half... X_x (Anyone wanna help? :P)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 06:55:26 PM by puremrz »