Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347497 times)

Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2015, 06:15:44 PM »
Touhou 15 is a pleasant surprise - although I will note that I totally called Reisen being playable last July. If it follows the pattern I wouldn't be surprised if Kaguya, Eirin or Tewi showed up as a boss or midboss, but the possibility that the Watatsuki sisters might show up instead is interesting.

A few comments:

- The most interesting gameplay thing I noticed was that some of the bullets near Reimu in one of the screenshots have changed colour. Some kind of graze mechanic that alters onscreen bullets?
- I don't like the title screen, but Reimu's action pose is hilarious, I love it.
- Bullet patterns are already kind of stripped back - I hope this doesn't go too much further. Difficulty isn't the issue - I can always crank it up, I'm not that good at these games - I just hope the final boss doesn't have those tiny bullets this time, those were the worst things about Shinmyoumaru and Miko. Also hopefully less interface screw (I liked Seija, the blurring bullets in the extra stage not so much).

Most of all I hope he doesn't rush it too much - it sounds like ZUN's cutting things pretty close. From the sounds of it he wants to make the game fairly different - deadlines are good for getting things done, but if he needs the extra time I hope he takes it for the full version.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:03:29 PM by notext »

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2015, 06:21:03 PM »
I don't quite buy the "Watatsuki too overpowered --> no game for them", because Yorihime pretty much did nothing else but bomb spamming in SSiB.

I thought it was ZUN himself that stated that?  I think it was in the post SOPM interview. Although that's a bit of a mangle-ment from what I recall. What he said was they wouldn't really fit in a game due to their power or something or... I forget.

Still, easy story fix for that is just that they decided to conform more to the spell card rules or something.  Being a phantasm boss (instead of just extra stage) would also be a good way of sending a message that their power is outside the norm.

As an aside, I forget if the "only humans for playable characters" thing was stated by ZUN (be it mangled/misinterpreted or not) or not. I could have sworn we had a thread here somewhere discussing the matter.  No time to go looking for it right now though.  At any rate, Reisen at the very least has a humanish occupation from an organization with a human role, although Yukari still feels that's not enough and unlike the Lunarians, no youkai could ever act as a human (from CiLR).

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2015, 06:44:47 PM »
I also noticed something on the last three main games.

You got to play as the three very first Stage 5 bosses in the series (not counting PC-98, of course): Youmu (TD), Sakuya (DDC) and Reisen (LoLK).

Not sure if this is intentional or just a coincidence. Probably the latter.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2015, 06:57:08 PM »
Touhou 15? YES

Although, I didn't expect the moon-theme in this game, or Reisen being playable. And Sanae returning again.

I do agree with notext's prediction post, with ZUN tying in the old Windows with the new Windows games.

You got to play as the three very first Stage 5 bosses in the series (not counting PC-98, of course): Youmu (TD), Sakuya (DDC) and Reisen (LoLK).

I'm calling playable Komachi in 2hu 16 :V

And since we're on the topic of the moon...

Why is everything involving Lunarians so complicated?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2015, 06:57:56 PM »
As an aside, I forget if the "only humans for playable characters" thing was stated by ZUN (be it mangled/misinterpreted or not) or not. I could have sworn we had a thread here somewhere discussing the matter.  No time to go looking for it right now though.

I remember the Spell Card Rules being cited as why no way anyone not human or half-human would ever be playable in the main games. But as cuc pointed out, this "rule" was largely trivial anyway. In this instance, Reisen is a good choice, as she has canonically taken part in incident-solving. And given the game title, it'll be interesting to see what her role is.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2015, 06:58:43 PM »
I don't like the looks of it, to be honest.

No playable Youmu is ZUN's worst decision. The images are also hard on the eyes with those bright purple colors. It's like I'm tripping on acid. ZUn saying he'll experiment with the system and whatnot does not bode well, considering the recent trend (by which I mean the trend of the last 3 years or so). I can only pray.

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »
I'm calling playable Komachi in 2hu 16 :V
^This

Also I want playable Futo, but that's only my naive wish... You can always dream, can't you?

Anyways, I'm quite happy with Sanae comeback. I like her more than Sak-

*LunaWillow has been slain...
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2015, 07:04:15 PM »
I translated ZUN's blogpost to Dutch in full for the Dutch Touhou forum, and thought I could make some of you happy by making an English version as well. Some bits are translated a little freely, but I'm fairly certain that the broad lines are accurate.

Good grief, it's almost May already. This year Hakurei Jinja Reitaisai will be held again at May 10th.

The thing Team Shangai Alice is planning to distribute is the following.

Touhou Project 15.
"東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom."

It's read as Touhou Kanjuden (とうほうかんじゅでん). It will be completed this summer, and the demo version will be released on Reitaisai.

If I had to explain the general overview of the story, it's a secret. The player characters will be Reimu, Marisa, Sanae en Reisen. Though there will still be changes, I added some screenshots of the current state of development.

(screenshots. see http://kourindou.exblog.jp/22976576/)

* The game is still in development. It's sure to change, so speculation on the basis of these screenshots is useless.

On face value it doesn't look much different from normal, but this time it will have a pretty daring system. It might turn out very different from the gameplay up till now. (although the fundamental shmup components are more simple) It's a challenge that seems to go well, so I get the feeling I might somehow manage to finish the demo. I hope you can appreciate the game as a proposition of what shmup games can also be like.

But if I'm honest, the completion of the demo version is still very far away, so I plan to continue development until just before Reitaisai. Which means the CD's will be home burned...... It's been longs since I had this feeling that signifies this kind of dōjin activities, so I am excited for it.
Having said that, I am still unsure whether I will finish the system modifications for the large changes in the gameplay on time, but we will see at Reitaisai this year. (Although thinking of what would happen if I don't is even worse)

Oh, furthermore, Touhou Project 14.5 Touhou Shinpiroku ~ Urban Legend in Limbo is also planned to be released at Reitaisai. If you are interested I would greatly appreciate you picking it up as well.

Feel free to do with this translation what you want. Repost it, edit it, tweak it, make out with it... The translation is public domain as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:14:32 PM by Hakurei Ninja »

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2015, 07:11:40 PM »
As an aside, I forget if the "only humans for playable characters" thing was stated by ZUN (be it mangled/misinterpreted or not) or not. I could have sworn we had a thread here somewhere discussing the matter.
The last time I saw this type of discussion was a theory post about Marisa being youkai. I think it was mentioned that only having human as incident solvers was an important thing.

Speaking of which, TH5 already broke that pattern...

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2015, 07:23:20 PM »
>announcement

I really can't say anything that's not a IN-deathbomb-timer-sized understatement of how I'm feeling right now, I really really can't. I hopped into the Touhou ride around July, last year. So, this and ULiL are my first time watching all the announcements, all the excitement, all the speculation run far, wild and free. SPECIAL FEELINGS, DUDE. SPECIAL FEELINGS AND EXCITEMENT WASH ALL OVER MY BODY.

In short, DAMMIT WHY IS REITAISAI SO FAR AWAY I NEED THIS

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2015, 07:26:49 PM »

Hmm... You're definitely on to something here. Personally I like to think it's the former, especially since ZUN seems like the kind of guy that would make references to things like that. Then again, it could be just a coincidence, but that's no fun, right?

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2015, 07:43:05 PM »
Wow...I came home to big news!  This is becoming a very good week for me.  I wonder how Reisen's type of fighting will work in play, and what sort of things the others have (while Reimu and Marisa are generally consistent there's still some minor changes based on gameplay, and Sanae was very different in both games she was in).

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2015, 07:46:40 PM »
Touhou 15 is a pleasant surprise - although I will note that I totally called Reisen being playable last July. If it follows the pattern I wouldn't be surprised if Kaguya, Eirin or Tewi showed up as a boss or midboss, but the possibility that the Watatsuki sisters might show up instead is interesting.

Having Kaguya, Eirin or Tewi as bosses/midbosses doesn't seem to fit to me, given Reisen's description seems to imply that Eirin sent her. Of course, that's only what I personally interpret from it, could be wrong.

I don't like the looks of it, to be honest.

No playable Youmu is ZUN's worst decision. The images are also hard on the eyes with those bright purple colors. It's like I'm tripping on acid. ZUn saying he'll experiment with the system and whatnot does not bode well, considering the recent trend (by which I mean the trend of the last 3 years or so). I can only pray.

You've got to be the only person I've seen so far who reacted negatively, lol. I like Youmu a lot, but no Youmu is fine by me if we get Reisen instead - at least, it's not just Reimu, Marisa and Sanae. That would have been boring. Hell, it introduces a new playable character in main games, even better than Youmu or Sakuya again. Youmu has already been playable in a main game before afterall. If anything, Reimu, Marisa, Reisen and Youmu/Sakuya would have been nice.
As for experimenting, the way he announces it sounds to me like he'll massively alter the gameplay, unlike other main games. Could be good or bad (hopefully good, of course), but only time will tell. DDC was a disappointment, but it certainly wasn't because of experimentation.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:57:58 PM by Flandre5carlet »

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »
The images are also hard on the eyes with those bright purple colors. It's like I'm tripping on acid.

It is kinda gaudy looking (the layout), like a cupcake with a lot of sprinkles on it, but it's not too bad. I hoping ZUN lowers the brightness a little so it blends better.
I'm pretty excited though to see what the gameplay will be like and the new characters we'll see  :V

« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2015, 08:45:23 PM »
definitely excited. Don't really care about reisen being playable TBH but excited because I heard the game is going to be quite complex. I will agree with sakurei that the game looks a bit hard on the eyes personally. First time ever being part of the announcements (didn't really care for the ULIL announcement because not a fan of fighting games but this the first time I can be hyped for a new release with everyone else)
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2015, 08:55:45 PM »
#HYPEEEEEEE
New game.
#HYPEEEEEEE
Playable Reisen.
#HYPEEEEEEE

Let's see how this plays out!

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2015, 08:57:38 PM »

Looking very closely, does that say chapter finish?

Also Reimu looks so young in that title screen. Her ribbon looks like rabbit ears too :V

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2015, 09:04:44 PM »

Looking very closely, does that say chapter finish?

Also Reimu looks so young in that title screen. Her ribbon looks like rabbit ears too :V

Chapter Finish
Chapter Graze
Shooting Down
Chapter Finish

Well, our new rabbit 2hu is still in the play field, so this isn't the Stage Clear screen. Maybe Spell Card Clear? (doubt it, but it's not like we got a lot go on off)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »
The UI art does really hurt the eyes though, but seeing ZUN said they are subject to change: I hope he picks something more gentle for the eye or at least does some colour editing?

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2015, 09:38:28 PM »
Looking at the timer and the position of New Rabbit, it looks like that's the very start of an encounter- could "chapter" refer to the parts of the stage before and after the midboss? Implying we get a stats breakdown at the midboss as well as after completing the stage. "Shooting down" I'd guess counts against the number enemies that escaped without being hit, so (wild speculation!) perhaps a rhythm-game style combo system?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:40:28 PM by BB »
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2015, 09:40:17 PM »
Quote from: Hakurei Ninja
On face value it doesn't look much different from normal, but this time it will have a pretty daring system. It might turn out very different from the gameplay up till now. (although the fundamental shmup components are more simple)
"Interrupt data" is used whenever you have a saved game in progress available, so it seems like you won't have to start from the beginning each session. Either the game will be longer or there will be some other need for it.
My guess is Touhou 15 is ditching the 6 stage format. That'd be interesting if true.
As for what he's doing instead, I dunno. Either he's increased the number of stages, or added multiple branching paths, or loops, or any combination of these. In any case I'm looking forward to it.

Btw what's Reimu wielding in the title screen?

Edit: "Chapter Finish" makes more sense as a screen that appears after beating a spellcard-like attack.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:38:52 AM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Tengukami

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »
Pretty sure those are kayak paddles, one of which was dipped in yogurt.

Also, I don't know what you delicately-retina'd people are talking about; that color scheme is pretty.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:47:17 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2015, 09:55:46 PM »
Also, I don't know what you delicately-retina'd people are talking about; that color scheme is pretty.
Yeah, I think it looks quite great!!

I spent my day hyping for Reisen!!
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2015, 10:21:14 PM »
The hype is real. Reisen is real. Lunar kingdom stuff in the games is real.
I wasn't bracing for this, but glad I caught it early on. It's an exciting time for Touhou when there's just a few screenshots and a brief description and everyone's speculating.

Touhou 15 is a pleasant surprise - although I will note that I totally called Reisen being playable last July.

And I might note that I called the celestial theme three posts later. Also I'm still calling the Zodiac inspiration somewhere, now more than ever. Year of the Rabbit and so on.

As for the disabled lives/chapter ending/save things, I don't think we can quite guess these yet, at least based on anything previously seen. Breaks of the traditional format are a thing now, and I'm totally welcoming them, seeing how good of an experiment ISC was.
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »
The UI art does really hurt the eyes though, but seeing ZUN said they are subject to change: I hope he picks something more gentle for the eye or at least does some colour editing?
I agree, the colors are a bit too much and clash. I think it would be better if the whole thing was more muted.

I'm pretty excited for this. Reisen being a playable character is cool.

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2015, 10:43:56 PM »

Alternatively
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2015, 10:45:37 PM »

no that's mochi. What she's holding looks considerably similar to the type of mallet the Moon rabbit, companion of chang'e, uses to pound mochi.

Speaking of which I'm highly expecting Chang'e (or ZUN's version of her) to be one of the bosses this time around, if not the stage 6. Goddess of the moon, associated with mochi pounding, seems like a pretty reasonable conclusion.

Tengukami

« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2015, 11:00:53 PM »
Wow, so they're not really kayak paddles? How weird.

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2015, 11:17:03 PM »
As a reminder, Chang'e is confirmed from SSiB to canonically exist in Touhou, and Chang'e isn't her real name. (Eirin's real name isn't Eirin either. Her last name is legit, though)