Author Topic: TARGET FOR THE WEAK POINTS OF '8TH STG THREAD'. DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.  (Read 116890 times)

Isn't there a higher clear bonus for getting Hibachi?

Also, what exactly are the benefits of using Exy in DOJ? Outside of the fact that it's easier to get back into maximum bomb bonus, I can't think of any.

But I should probably stick to Shotia and Leinyan until I'm any good.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
To be honest, part of the reason I prefer Exy is that I'll yell at myself less if I die with bombs in stock when that stock maxes out at 2 instead of 6.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
Isn't there a higher clear bonus for getting Hibachi?

Also, what exactly are the benefits of using Exy in DOJ? Outside of the fact that it's easier to get back into maximum bomb bonus, I can't think of any.

But I should probably stick to Shotia and Leinyan until I'm any good.
Exy provides the same benefits as Shotia and Leinyan.  The trade-off is less bombs.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

I need those bombs though.

So I guess you keep most of your shot and laser power with Exy when you die then. I think it's like DDP where if you die with a shot type your laser goes all the way down and the other way for laser type.

Krimmydoodle

Yeah, I actually thought the thing about shot and laser power went without saying, and that you were asking about things like ship speed or the speed of transitioning between shot and laser, small things that may or may not be affected by the doll choice but I don't actually know myself.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Barrakketh

I need those bombs though.

So I guess you keep most of your shot and laser power with Exy when you die then. I think it's like DDP where if you die with a shot type your laser goes all the way down and the other way for laser type.
It's not just the power loss.  Shotia increases the range/power of your shot, Leinyan lets the laser "pierce" through the so-called popcorn enemies.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Exy is pretty much the best type to use, there's not really any contest. You have a wide, powerful shot, and a faster, wider, more powerful laser, and fast movement speed in each. Obviously you'll actually have to learn the game rather than being able to bombspam through everything, but she has no bombs because she doesn't need them at all - weaknesses are just things that happen to other shot types. :V

She's also the best for chaining by a huge distance, if you're into that kind of thing.
Let's fight.

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
I'm another Exy lover after having used Leinyan for quite a while, and I made the switch because spamming shot in the latter half of the game is *very* handy (and not having shot at all really hurts and ends up costing a bomb or two), and I keep dying with a hyper on (so no extra slot) or with bombs in stock, so there was very little point... Leinyan is pretty handy in Death Label though  :3

Also Futari BL Original 1cc with 485 million after a few credits, and Maniac with 385 million on my first serious try... both times involved a lot of dying on stage 3, decent play on the last two stages, and bombspamming Larsa due to not knowing her at all  :/ I really need to get stage 3 down though, and get okay scores in 1.5 too.

When I first played Dai Ou Jou I initially selected Exy just because I remembered that she shows the most skin in artwork. :V But as it turned out I actually did like having enhanced shot and laser, and so I couldn't really get used to having one or the other with Shotia and Leinyan. I thought I'd like Leinyan just because I prefer A-L in DDP though, but it happened to not be the case.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:59:16 AM by Aisha »

I tried putting a Level 4 Hyper on the DOJBL Stage 4 boss. Rank didn't appreciate that. Stage 5 became extreme.
I shouldn't be hypering bosses with too much power. The bosses does outright disappear as a result but then the game takes revenge on the next stage.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Well using the hypers on any moment increases the rank in the same way, be it a stage or a boss. It is better to pull them off on stage parts where it's easy to chain a lot, so you can cash in lots of points. End of Stage 2 is a very good example, any decent run will have 5 hypers by then and you can get about 1200 Hits on that part alone.

KomeijiKoishi

For some reason, Guwange Dash refuses to be recorded. I want to put some footage of Hiseki and MAD on Youtube (BTW, if somebody calls Queen Larsa harder than those, I think I have to slap them across his/her home country), but the sound fucks up and the video flickers. It's like watching a slideshow.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Speaking of GDash, Is anyone aware of what is the effect of Grazing for Type C?

KomeijiKoishi

I guess that it increases the Charge bar.

Also, is it just me or is Daioujou Type A in this the absolute worst shot type in this?

Barrakketh

Also, is it just me or is Daioujou Type A in this the absolute worst shot type in this?
Why do you think it is the worst?

KomeijiKoishi

It just seems so... weak, concerning it's Type A with Exy. Type B seems to deal more damage despite being a spread type, Type C has the rotating options though I don't really like the focused shot, ESP/Guwange/ShikigamiNoShiro has awesome attack range and deals decent damage while unfocused and grazing (once again, focused shot isn't my thing) and Tiger Schwert... Dammit, 10 options!

Barrakketh

It just seems so... weak, concerning it's Type A with Exy. Type B seems to deal more damage despite being a spread type, Type C has the rotating options though I don't really like the focused shot
Uh....DOJ has no Type C ship.

KomeijiKoishi

Uh....DOJ has no Type C ship.

Type C as in "Guwange Dash" Type C.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
woop

type Z why are you so expensiiiiiiiive ;_;
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:31:57 PM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

I still have a better chance of clearing DOJBL with Shotia or Leinyan at the moment since Stage 4 and 5 destroy me and the bombs would help.

Tried getting a screenshot of a score I just got  though and all I got was just black when I used the Print Screen button. I do have an input file though.

I have no idea when I'll be able to beat that score as that was some amazing play for me. And of course I don't know the exact score and I don't feel like using F10 to speed through the inp at the moment.

Picked B-Exy to try her out some. No Miss No Bomb up to Stage 3 boss. Only scoring things I really did was saving 5 Hypers for the Stage 2 end part and I think Hypering the Stage 2 boss and hypering Stage 4 boss when it brings out the things for more hits.

Game over after first Stage 5 midboss with a bit over 80 million.

Edit: Oh, tried some DDP also but that just led to mass ragequits and rage at stage design in the last 2 stages when I credit fed it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:24:50 PM by Phoenixma »

MAME has a built-in screenshot function which you can map to a key. Using Print Screen on games that (I think) use DirectX or Direct3D will return a black screen when pasted into Paint or whatever.

What was the way to set up a batch file for recording with MAME? I'd like to record that run to upload even if it completely failed. My channel could use some Cave vids and since I don't have a capture card, MAME stuff would be the only way to do it.

Since Fraps is laggy as hell when I tried it, I figured I'd try using MAME's recording, though I'm not sure what I would have to do after recording.

Krimmydoodle

You are using shmupmame? Make a batch-file like this:
Code: [Select]
shmupmame_v22.exe ddp3blk -pb ddp3blk.inp -aviwrite DOJBL.aviAnd run it.

The .avi will be saved in snapshots.

Somehow found this old post on the first page I clicked on.

Okay, so what does the batch file's name have to be?

And also, I cannot get it to save as a .bat file it keeps saving as a .txt file instead even though I'm typing in .bat as the extension.

Edit:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:53:15 PM by Phoenixma »

Aliquantic

I've finally managed to reach the second extend in DFK 1.5 with some change (as B-S), but I lost my nerves as early as the second half of 1-5 and basically just bombspammed my way to 2-5 thereafter  :ohdear: I'm not used at all to playing "serious" credits for that long so I hope it'll improve with time, but given that I still have trouble dealing with the last stage in every game, well...

And 1.5 is still awesomely fun for chaining/looping (double the fun if not using Strong!), of course :)

Barrakketh

Okay, so what does the batch file's name have to be?
You can name it whatever you want.  It doesn't matter if you called it "cocksickle.bat".

And also, I cannot get it to save as a .bat file it keeps saving as a .txt file instead even though I'm typing in .bat as the extension.
If you're using something like notepad it should have a dropdown box that says "All files(*)" or something on the save menu.  Choose it, name it whatever.bat, then save.

Or take the one you already have and press "F2" from Explorer.  It'll let you change it if you have Windows set to show file extensions.

So after recording it, what needs to be done in VirtualDub to get it ready for Youtube. I know I need to reduce the file size by alot, which should be doable, but what else. Not sure what needs to be done to get a good looking MAME vid on there.

Hm, has anyone ordered Dai Fukkatsu Black Label from NCSX and received their copy yet? The status on mine is "in transit" and hasn't changed since the 8th, so I'm starting to get a little freaked out.

Four days is not a long time for a package to be in transit, It took almost a month of "in transit" for Mushihimesama Futari back when I ordered it a year ago. My DFKBL copy has been "in transit" since the second, I'm not worried. Though I got both from Play-Asia, I doubt it would make a difference.

Aliquantic

NCSX is located on the East Coast, but four days doesn't sound too worrisome still (especially if there's been some weather disruptions this week), so I wouldn't worry too much just yet :)

It's 4am, I can barely see a thing and I've finally stopped being a wreck at Futari 1.5 and reached Larsa on Original with 200 million... after some expert bullet ramming and bombing the extend away  :D Original almost feels gentle after BL now, but I've still got a long way to go before I can catch up with you guys (hey Sapz and your 300 million minus change!)