Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224206 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #630 on: January 30, 2019, 10:38:31 PM »
>"Which one?"

> "The one that looks like a normal human." Kogasa says loudly.

> This gets Wriggle to turn around, and she indicates to the others that you're all back. Cirno flies right over, while the others are a little more cautious as they start to approach, watching the ice block.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #631 on: January 30, 2019, 10:41:53 PM »
>"Hi everyone."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #632 on: January 30, 2019, 11:24:23 PM »
>"Hi everyone."

> "You're all back safe!" Mystia says happily. "You've been gone all day, it's almost midnight!"

> "Isn't that the prime time for youkai anyway?" Daiyousei asks.

> "Where'd this iceblock come from?" Cirno asks.

> "What's he even doing back here..." Wriggle grumbles, still clearly annoyed over the insects Mayina's explosion killed.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #633 on: January 30, 2019, 11:30:46 PM »
>"Well, we met the higher-ups over there, and they basically decided to do an investigation once they got the information they wanted out of Mayina here. Then they were going to execute him, but I managed to get his sentence changed to an exile in Gensokyo instead. They also voided his contract with his master, so he's no longer obligated to report to or take orders from them. He's technically my responsibility now."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #634 on: January 30, 2019, 11:34:02 PM »
> "Which means I'm stuck with him from now on and I need to figure out a way to make him my familiar so hes obedient and can use magic.  He can't fly or create danmaku and will even age and die unless hes using someone else's energy"
> "Cirno, do you think I can thaw him out using lasers or will that shatter him?  You're the ice expert"
> If Cirno agrees thaw him using lasers

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #635 on: January 30, 2019, 11:38:25 PM »
> "Which means I'm stuck with him from now on and I need to figure out a way to make him my familiar so hes obedient and can use magic.  He can't even fly or create danmaku unless hes using someone else's energy"
>Leave out the obedience part for now. We should at least try to befriend him before intending to force obedience out of him...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #636 on: January 30, 2019, 11:41:47 PM »
>"Well, we met the higher-ups over there, and they basically decided to do an investigation once they got the information they wanted out of Mayina here. Then they were going to execute him, but I managed to get his sentence changed to an exile in Gensokyo instead. They also voided his contract with his master, so he's no longer obligated to report to or take orders from them. He's technically my responsibility now."

> Cirno makes a -_- face as she attempts to comprehend you.

> "Which means I'm stuck with him from now on and I need to figure out a way to make him my familiar so hes obedient and can use magic.  He can't even fly or create danmaku unless hes using someone else's energy"
> "Cirno, do you think I can thaw him out using lasers or will that shatter him?  You're the ice expert"
> If Cirno agrees thaw him using lasers

> "Why do you need to make him your familiar?" Wriggle asks.

> "Rumia's always been a little envious of our familiars, come to think of it." Mystia muses.

> Cirno looks a lot more excited when asked a question about ice, and puts her hands on her hips; making herself look as big and important as she can.

> "Lasers can't be frozen and can bust through ice, yeah. But that's not how I get frogs out of ice!"

> "Dosen't that only work about a third of the time Cirno?" Daiyousei asks.

> "What's a third?"

> "One of every three." Kogasa states.

> "Then we just need two more frozen daemons!" Cirno exclaims excitedly. This earns her a facepalm from Daiyousei.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #637 on: January 30, 2019, 11:47:04 PM »
>Giggle.
>"Well, if worse comes to worst we can always just wait it out..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #638 on: January 30, 2019, 11:47:23 PM »
// I wanted to ease Wriggle's worries, besides he can't hear us

> So lasers can't be frozen... ponder why that could be
> "So that's no on the lasers?"

> "What if we dig or chisel him out of there?"

> Now that its midnight, how's our vision doing?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #639 on: January 30, 2019, 11:56:40 PM »
>Giggle.
>"Well, if worse comes to worst we can always just wait it out..."

> Wriggle and Mystia join in. Cirno looks clueless at why she's being laughed at.

> "I see no need to rush getting him out." Wriggle says.

// I wanted to ease Wriggle's worries, besides he can't hear us

> So lasers can't be frozen... ponder why that could be
> "So that's no on the lasers?"

> "What if we dig or chisel him out of there?"

> Now that its midnight, how's our vision doing?

> "Well; maybe you can blast off the bigger chunks to speed it up." Daiyousei says. "But it could be bad for him if you rush it too much... like Cirno rushes the frogs."

> You can see fine during most nights thanks to the moonlight [Which is far more mild and thus dosen't hurt your eyes like sunlight] and starlight. Still, you can definitely see clearer.

> Judging from a growing puddle below Mayina, it seems the melting ice is accelerating. You think this is perhaps because it's Makai magic outside of Makai, the spell is coming undone.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #640 on: January 30, 2019, 11:57:52 PM »
> Try shooting lethal laser at the ground close to the ice block but not touching it, we want the heat produced by the glow of the laser to accelerate the melting.  Play around with the laser colors and see which color seems to melt the ice faster. // [OCC: Red should produce more heat than other colors since it might bleed into the infrared spectrum]

> In any case, if we don't make progress lets just wait it out, we're not in any rush

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #641 on: January 31, 2019, 12:04:25 AM »
>To Wriggle and Mystia: "By the way, what does seeing in the dark look like for you guys?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #642 on: January 31, 2019, 09:59:05 AM »
// Add main quest "Rumia's Ribbon" - Ever since Shinki confirmed your suspicions that your ribbon is a seal and that your memories have been altered you have been feeling somewhat guilty of your past...
So far with Shinki's help you have regained the ability to see in the dark

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #643 on: January 31, 2019, 09:07:17 PM »
> Try shooting lethal laser at the ground close to the ice block but not touching it, we want the heat produced by the glow of the laser to accelerate the melting.  Play around with the laser colors and see which color seems to melt the ice faster. // [OCC: Red should produce more heat than other colors since it might bleed into the infrared spectrum]

> In any case, if we don't make progress lets just wait it out, we're not in any rush

> You fire a stream of energy at the ground near Mayina. You can't fire anything but moonlight-color lasers however.

> This causes a little area to melt near the laser, but that's about it. The overall melting still seems to be speeding up, you can actually see water running off the ice now.

>To Wriggle and Mystia: "By the way, what does seeing in the dark look like for you guys?"

> "What a strange question." Mystia says. "Everything looks... purpler than it does during the day."

> "Everything changes color altogether at night for me." Wriggle says. "But us insects really have hundreds of eyes. We see everything a bit differently."

// Add main quest "Rumia's Ribbon" - Ever since Shinki confirmed your suspicions that your ribbon is a seal and that your memories have been altered you have been feeling somewhat guilty of your past...
So far with Shinki's help you have regained the ability to see in the dark

> This isn't so much a quest as a Status. Still 'Investigate the Ribbon Seal' has been added.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #644 on: January 31, 2019, 09:19:10 PM »
>Does Mystia's description match our night vision at all?

>"Well I'm only asking because, well... We met the goddess over there, and she's really nice... and then she noticed my ribbon and pretty much confirmed that it was a seal just like I suspected. Apparently it's a very complex one too, with many little seals laid right on top of each other."
>Fidget
>"Anyway, she managed to undo a small part of it, specifically the part that prevented me from seeing in the dark. I was wondering if your night vision looked similar to mine."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #645 on: January 31, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »
> "Lets keep this between us though, don't want Reimu finding out..."
> Do we know anything about salt and how it can help melt snow and ice? (Maybe seen humans putting salt on paths?)
> Do we know about Mystia's food stall?
> If we know about both "Mystia, do you think you could spare some salt from your food stall to put on him?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #646 on: January 31, 2019, 10:54:55 PM »
//Isn't salt used in shrine maiden rituals?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2019, 11:09:08 PM »
// Yeah, I think its for warding away evil but let's not pillage Reimu's place

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #648 on: January 31, 2019, 11:14:37 PM »
//I didn't mean that. I'm just saying should we really be sprinkling a literal demon with an evil warding substance?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #649 on: January 31, 2019, 11:31:01 PM »
>Does Mystia's description match our night vision at all?

>"Well I'm only asking because, well... We met the goddess over there, and she's really nice... and then she noticed my ribbon and pretty much confirmed that it was a seal just like I suspected. Apparently it's a very complex one too, with many little seals laid right on top of each other."
>Fidget
>"Anyway, she managed to undo a small part of it, specifically the part that prevented me from seeing in the dark. I was wondering if your night vision looked similar to mine."

> It's similar, everything seemed purpler when you used it.

> "Oh, so you can see in your own darkness sphere now?" Mystia chirps.

> "Let's test it!" Wriggle says. "Go on; put yourself in the sphere and count how many fingers each of us is holding up!"

> "Lets keep this between us though, don't want Reimu finding out..."
> Do we know anything about salt and how it can help melt snow and ice? (Maybe seen humans putting salt on paths?)
> Do we know about Mystia's food stall?
> If we know about both "Mystia, do you think you could spare some salt from your food stall to put on him?"

> "Yeah it's probobly best Reimu dosen't know about youkai getting stronger." Wriggle agrees.

> You remember hearing the ocean; which is salty, dosen't freeze.

> You know her stall. It's near the Human Villiage however, if it's where she usually leaves it.

> "At the rate he's melting, I'm not sure he'd still be frozen by the time we got back." Mystia says.

--

[Concerning salt; no daemons are not going to be killed by salt. Or harmed]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:34:37 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #650 on: January 31, 2019, 11:41:12 PM »
>"Alright."
>Sphere ourselves! Max darkness!
>Can we see?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #651 on: January 31, 2019, 11:49:48 PM »
> Count how many fingers we see and say

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #652 on: January 31, 2019, 11:52:40 PM »
>"Alright."
>Sphere ourselves! Max darkness!
>Can we see?

> Count how many fingers we see and say

> You sphere yourself, and you can see. It's not as clear as with the moonlight, but you can see purple-ish... shades of everything. It's just clear enough to make out.

> Wriggle is holding up three fingers. Mystia is holding up two. Cirno is holding up a thumb. Daiyousei has two fingers on each hand, while Kogasa is just gripping her umbrella with both hands, posing on one leg with her tongue out and her red eye open and blue closed. Come to think of it, you're unsure if she's posing or that's just how she usually stands, seeing how close her pose resembles her umbrella.

> You say this, and the first response is Cirno saying she had her big finger up; only for Dai to try and explain to her that a thumb is the big finger.

> "She can definitely see then." Mystia says.

> "You shouldn't bump into trees as much now!" Wriggle jokes happily.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #653 on: January 31, 2019, 11:59:23 PM »
> "I'm telling you those trees are out to get me!"

> "Mystia do you see everything clearly or is everything varying shades of purple?"

> "Also do you see clearer with the moonlight or in complete darkness?  You can step in to the sphere if you want"
> Let Mystia step into our sphere if she wants to try it

> Check on Mayina, does he or the ice surrounding him look any different when looking at him through darkness?

> Keep the pitch-black sphere for now, maybe our eyes just haven't gotten used to it

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #654 on: February 01, 2019, 07:16:14 PM »
> "I'm telling you those trees are out to get me!"

> "Mystia do you see everything clearly or is everything varying shades of purple?"

> "Also do you see clearer with the moonlight or in complete darkness?  You can step in to the sphere if you want"
> Let Mystia step into our sphere if she wants to try it

> Check on Mayina, does he or the ice surrounding him look any different when looking at him through darkness?

> Keep the pitch-black sphere for now, maybe our eyes just haven't gotten used to it

> Wriggle and Mystia both chuckle.

> "Well; I guess everything's more purple than during the day. What a strange question..." Mystia answers. "And it's clearer with the moonlight than a cloudy night."

> Mayina looks as different as everything else in the darkness, although the ice is nearly invisible.

> Nothing is changing as you stay in the darkness sphere.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #655 on: February 01, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »
> Huh so we can see through ice, interesting... Keep a mental note of this
> Wonder what else we can see through, check the water around Misty Lake, can we see clearer in to it?
> "Does the ice around Mayina also look nearly invisible to you when in complete darkness?"

> Do we feel like we can now avoid trees while flying our average speed?

> "Anyways, has anything interesting happened since we split up at the cave?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #656 on: February 02, 2019, 11:46:43 PM »
> Huh so we can see through ice, interesting... Keep a mental note of this
> Wonder what else we can see through, check the water around Misty Lake, can we see clearer in to it?
> "Does the ice around Mayina also look nearly invisible to you when in complete darkness?"

> Do we feel like we can now avoid trees while flying our average speed?

> "Anyways, has anything interesting happened since we split up at the cave?"

> The water you can't see through, it looks normal... just with a purple hue. That said; Ice is kinda see-through already.

> "Yes." Mystia says. "I don't know why."

> You might need some practice with the maneuvering, after all, you might dodge into another tree. But yes.

> "Well... we heard the Hakurei Shrine was exploded." Wriggle says.

> "There was a phantom that showed up but we managed to get away." Mystia added.

> "There was some sort of disturbance on the Lake not long before you turned up." Daiyousei adds.

> The ground shakes somewhat, something you only notice since you're standing on it right now, unlike Daiyousei and Cirno, who are floating just above the ground. The lake's water ripples and splashes. There seems to be quite a reaction from the long-haired youkai and the youkai in the water to this.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #657 on: February 03, 2019, 12:01:05 AM »
>"Is that so? What kind of disturbance?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #658 on: February 03, 2019, 12:04:52 AM »
> Realize the ground just moved
> "Look at the water!  I just felt the ground shake"

> Expand our darkness to the point where we can see best
> Look around for any shadow figures

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #659 on: February 03, 2019, 05:36:20 PM »
>"Is that so? What kind of disturbance?"

> "Like that." Daiyousei says; pointing to the lake.

> Realize the ground just moved
> "Look at the water!  I just felt the ground shake"

> Expand our darkness to the point where we can see best
> Look around for any shadow figures

> "The ground shook? That's impossible!" Cirno says.

> You cannot see anyone around.

> There is another shake. This one even stronger.

> You suddenly get a really bad feeling, the from the looks of everyone else's faces, they are feeling the same. Something is eminateing from the Mansion. You notice the guard has turned around and taken a stance... towards the Mansion, and rain clouds are forming in the skies above the mansion alone.