Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 224663 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #570 on: January 21, 2019, 11:34:02 PM »
> Make a mental note to ask other Wriggle or Mystia what they see when its pitch black and compare.  We expected night vision to be like normal vision but work in the dark, maybe our night vision is different and that's why it was sealed? 

> Release darkness for now so we can have a conversation

> "Thank you very much!  I think I can see now in the darkness, though it might take some getting used to"
> "I'll try and figure out more about how the seal works or how it was made, since you're interested in these kinds of things"
> "Is there anything we could do in Gensokyo for you?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #571 on: January 22, 2019, 12:14:12 AM »
> Make a mental note to ask other Wriggle or Mystia what they see when its pitch black and compare.  We expected night vision to be like normal vision but work in the dark, maybe our night vision is different and that's why it was sealed? 

> Release darkness for now so we can have a conversation

> "Thank you very much!  I think I can see now in the darkness, though it might take some getting used to"
> "I'll try and figure out more about how the seal works or how it was made, since you're interested in these kinds of things"
> "Is there anything we could do in Gensokyo for you?"

> Wriggle's said before her eyes are different, since she's an insect. You don't know about Mystia however.

> "Excellent." Shinki says happily with a smile. "But be careful investigating. You might stumble upon whoever created it, and I doubt they would be happy with any tampering."

> Shinki snaps her fingers and a sealed letter appears, as well as a quill.

> "You could give these to Alice next time you see her. It's been quite a few years, so it's some Inter-dimensional mail so she can contact me." the goddess says cheerfully.

> Shinki becomes less cheerful.

> "Oh; and keep a close eye out. I only have so much information relating to Gensokyo, but if everything I've heard is true, Gensokyo itself may be in great danger. Something must have changed to allow people from Makai to cross over now without using the dimensional rift."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #572 on: January 22, 2019, 12:25:53 AM »
>We're at the exit, right?
>>If so: "Alright. Well, I suppose this is where we part ways, then?"

//Hopefully Shinki won't leave immediately after we say this, I have some parting words I'd like to give.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #573 on: January 22, 2019, 01:46:08 AM »
// So Shinki will be giving us our quests/missions and abilities? Awesome
// Also Evil_Nazgul0616 in our parting words we should ask how to find her again if we learn more details with the ongoing incident or seal

> Make a mental note to be extra careful around Reimu and not let her know about our new abilities so she doesn't figure out we have been messing with the ribbon
> Wonder why Shinki didn't mention anything about Mayina

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #574 on: January 22, 2019, 01:14:53 PM »
>We're at the exit, right?
>>If so: "Alright. Well, I suppose this is where we part ways, then?"

//Hopefully Shinki won't leave immediately after we say this, I have some parting words I'd like to give.

> Correct.

> "One more thing." Shinki says, before she... creates a small bag and gives it to you.

> "I just made some special candies. Eating them will line your respiratory system so it can filter out the harmful parts of the Maisma. In short, you and anyone else you give one of those will be able to breathe in Makai if you come back to visit. Figured it better than you wearing a bowl on your head."

// So Shinki will be giving us our quests/missions and abilities? Awesome
// Also Evil_Nazgul0616 in our parting words we should ask how to find her again if we learn more details with the ongoing incident or seal

> Make a mental note to be extra careful around Reimu and not let her know about our new abilities so she doesn't figure out we have been messing with the ribbon
> Wonder why Shinki didn't mention anything about Mayina

> You suspect Reimu... and then remember you're older than Reimu so it couldn't possibly have been her. Still; it could be her bloodline.

> You assume that she assumes you have all the information you need regarding the currently frozen daemon.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #575 on: January 22, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »
> Judging by the colors and the fact that it's still active it must have been a relative.
> "Thank you, it's better than being miss bowl head haha"
> "We should give the filter back to Louise then"

> Wait for Evil_Nazgul0616's parting words before advancing time

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #576 on: January 22, 2019, 07:27:51 PM »
>"How long to the effects of these candies last?"

>"Speaking of visiting, I was actually wondering if it would be alright to do so once this incident has cleared itself up. It's interesting here, and I feel that there's much more to see than what we've seen in our short trip here."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #577 on: January 22, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »
> Judging by the colors and the fact that it's still active it must have been a relative.
> "Thank you, it's better than being miss bowl head haha"
> "We should give the filter back to Louise then"

> Wait for Evil_Nazgul0616's parting words before advancing time

> "After you enter the Dimensional tunnel; just throw it back out. I'll teleport it to Louise." Shinki says.

>"How long to the effects of these candies last?"

>"Speaking of visiting, I was actually wondering if it would be alright to do so once this incident has cleared itself up. It's interesting here, and I feel that there's much more to see than what we've seen in our short trip here."

> "They're permanent, as long as you don't go Fire-eating or get a bunch of antimagic in your lungs or something. It's a magical filter that merges with your lungs." Shinki explains. "Some Magician had the bright idea to sell something like these in Paradise... except anyone in Paradise can withstand the Maisma anyway. It still gave me the idea, just in case.

> "I'm not sure if that's under my control." Shinki says. "After all; there is technically a treaty between Makai and Gensokyo. For what it's worth; I won't stop you. I don't stop anyone visiting."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #578 on: January 22, 2019, 08:01:33 PM »
>Wait, isn't Louise with us?
>Who is with us right now?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #579 on: January 22, 2019, 08:19:58 PM »
>Wait, isn't Louise with us?
>Who is with us right now?

> Louise went home, saying Luci was able to look after you and it wasn't far to the portal; after you left the two sister daemons.

> Kogasa; Shinki and the frozen Mayina.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #580 on: January 23, 2019, 01:45:58 AM »
> "Oh yeah the treaty... It might be a good idea to guard this passage, considering the shrine maiden and magician that like to attack innocent people while looking for the culprit are investigating this incident and will surely come here once they figure out that Makai is involved"

> In the mean time, does it look like frozen Mayina will fit through the portal?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #581 on: January 23, 2019, 02:52:20 AM »
//I swear she was still with us... Where's the post where she left?

>Wonder how we're going to chisel Mayina out of there once we're through.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #582 on: January 23, 2019, 03:29:26 AM »
// Evil_Nazgul0616 page 18 post 527 second from last action

> Stop wondering once we remember stories of how effective lasers were against Cirno's Bullet Freeze in the Fairy Wars, and we specialize in lasers

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #583 on: January 23, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
> "Oh yeah the treaty... It might be a good idea to guard this passage, considering the shrine maiden and magician that like to attack innocent people while looking for the culprit are investigating this incident and will surely come here once they figure out that Makai is involved"

> In the mean time, does it look like frozen Mayina will fit through the portal?

> "No-one shall use the portal. I have rendered it invisible to those of Makai." Shinki says, "For now; at least."

> Yes

//I swear she was still with us... Where's the post where she left?

>Wonder how we're going to chisel Mayina out of there once we're through.

> You get the impression of Mystia using her long talons as chisels.

// Evil_Nazgul0616 page 18 post 527 second from last action

> Stop wondering once we remember stories of how effective lasers were against Cirno's Bullet Freeze in the Fairy Wars, and we specialize in lasers

> You were not present during the Fairy Wars. Still; you're well aware that lasers can cut through Cirno's ice from the amount of times she's picked a fight with you. That said; this isn't Cirno's ice.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:32:18 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #584 on: January 23, 2019, 07:41:43 PM »
//Tom's first post was missed

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #585 on: January 23, 2019, 08:32:45 PM »
//Tom's first post was missed

I blame the forum outage for not bringing me to the last unread.

Fixed it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #586 on: January 23, 2019, 08:35:07 PM »
>Idly wonder if Aunn is guarding the portal cave again.
>Then wonder how we're going to sneak past her, or Reimu if gods forbid she's learned of our little excursion...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #587 on: January 23, 2019, 08:55:00 PM »
> "I was more worried about keeping the troublemakers from Gensokyo out, like those that attacked Makai in the past"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2019, 05:22:35 PM »
>Idly wonder if Aunn is guarding the portal cave again.
>Then wonder how we're going to sneak past her, or Reimu if gods forbid she's learned of our little excursion...

> You realize the predicament you've entered concerning Aunn.

> "I was more worried about keeping the troublemakers from Gensokyo out, like those that attacked Makai in the past"

> "I won't keep anyone out." Shinki says. "All are welcome to come to Makai, at least from my stance. If other worlds seek to stop people coming to Makai, that is their choice."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #589 on: January 25, 2019, 05:37:43 PM »
> She dodged our point again, maybe she isn't really angry with Reimu Marisa Mima and Yuuka after all...
> "We really liked it here and hope we can visit again in the  future.  I really wanted to see more of Paradise but we were kind of in a rush as our friends are waiting for us in Gensokyo"
> Wave farewell and be polite and bow

> Push frozen Mayina into the portal and jump in afterwards
> Remember to use Danmaku from now on as we will be entering Gensokyo
> Assume combat stance and ready spell cards in case there's trouble on the other side

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #590 on: January 25, 2019, 10:08:54 PM »
> She dodged our point again, maybe she isn't really angry with Reimu Marisa Mima and Yuuka after all...
> "We really liked it here and hope we can visit again in the  future.  I really wanted to see more of Paradise but we were kind of in a rush as our friends are waiting for us in Gensokyo"
> Wave farewell and be polite and bow

> Push frozen Mayina into the portal and jump in afterwards
> Remember to use Danmaku from now on as we will be entering Gensokyo
> Assume combat stance and ready spell cards in case there's trouble on the other side

[Shinki isn't avoiding the point. Her point is that she refuses to stop anyone coming from Makai; regardless of their intent. She only got involved during Mystic Square because she was directly challenged. Shinki dosen't want to interfere with Makai; she wants the fates of the residents to be their own.]

> "Well; hopefully next time they can come as well." Shinki says with a smile.

> Shinki sighs when you bow, but dosen't protest again.

> You push the frozen daemon into the passageway, and then enter afterwards. Kogasa follows.

> You fly through the passageway again, the astral tunnel of sorts, and come out inside the cave...

> There is a barrier in front of you. A different barrier, but a barrier regardless. In the exact same place. This one seems significantly stronger, and is purple. Despite only having a single layer, it feels more powerful. You don't see any talismans either.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2019, 10:10:40 PM »
>"Well... I guess we're not coming out this way..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #592 on: January 25, 2019, 10:16:51 PM »
>"Well... I guess we're not coming out this way..."

> "Yep; you're definitely not coming out that way." an unfamiliar voice says from behind you.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #593 on: January 25, 2019, 10:23:55 PM »
>"Eh!? Did someone follow us?"
>Turn. Do we recognize the source of the voice?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #594 on: January 25, 2019, 10:36:43 PM »
>"Eh!? Did someone follow us?"
>Turn. Do we recognize the source of the voice?

> You turn around and see... a strangely dressed... human? With a branch? It smells and senses like a human, but something's a little off. It's somewhere between Sanae and Reimu in terms of seeming off. Which would make this girl some sort of Miko?

Mai Teireida
Invigorating Shadow Dancer

> You don't recognize this person, who is moving somewhat rhythmically, as if doing a little dance on the spot.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #595 on: January 25, 2019, 10:40:39 PM »
>"Oh, hello there. Are you a Gensokyo native like us, not including the popsicle, or are you from Makai?"

//Will be driving for a couple of hours at most.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #596 on: January 25, 2019, 10:54:50 PM »
> Stuck in Makai?  Reimu must have figured out our little excursion and distraction...

> Is she on the Makai side of the barrier?
> Did we see any weak points in the barrier?  Did it seem to be anchored to the wall or extend past it (inside the wall)?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #597 on: January 25, 2019, 11:06:29 PM »
>"Oh, hello there. Are you a Gensokyo native like us, not including the popsicle, or are you from Makai?"

//Will be driving for a couple of hours at most.

> The girl looks surprised. "Yes, I'm from Gensokyo. Name's Mai."

> Stuck in Makai?  Reimu must have figured out our little excursion and distraction...

> Is she on the Makai side of the barrier?
> Did we see any weak points in the barrier?  Did it seem to be anchored to the wall or extend past it (inside the wall)?

> Well; you're in Gensokyo; just on the Makai side of the barrier.

> Yes; in fact she's between you and the dimensional tunnel. You have no clue where she came from.

> You see no weaknesses.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #598 on: January 25, 2019, 11:12:24 PM »
> "Nice to meet you, this is Kogasa and I'm Rumia!"
> "Are you stuck here too?"
> Turn around and point at the barrier

> Condense darkness so we can see more clearly and have another look at the barrier
> Release darkness once we're done as it might get annoying to others

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #599 on: January 25, 2019, 11:19:52 PM »
> "Nice to meet you, this is Kogasa and I'm Rumia!"
> "Are you stuck here too?"
> Turn around and point at the barrier

> Condense darkness so we can see more clearly and have another look at the barrier
> Release darkness once we're done as it might get annoying to others

> "Who's the icecube?"

> "I'm not stuck here, in fact I was told to come here because you'd be stuck."

> You can't *not* have darkness, so you just make the sphere around yourself so it's not in the way. [Although the only light is from the barrier anyway]