Author Topic: ARE YOU GREAT? WE ARE GREAT! THIS IS... GREAT STG THREAD DAISAKUSEN (part 7!)  (Read 119538 times)

Formless God

The computer BSoD'd my ass so I had to leave early :< Did I miss that Ketsui 2-ALL ?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
The computer BSoD'd my ass so I had to leave early :< Did I miss that Ketsui 2-ALL ?
Yes. You also missed the Futari Ultra 2-all.
Let's fight.

Formless God

Gosh, don't tell me he got a DOJ 2-all as well ?

Matsuri

Yes. You also missed the Futari Ultra 2-all.

Waaaaaait a second. :P

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
Oh wow, managed a Futari Black Label Maniac 1cc even though I really should be going to bed.  Best part was when I scored my second extend: during the score calculations after Larsa.

The thing is, it didn't let me save a replay, and doesn't seem to have recorded my score in the local scoreboards either (and I checked both "today's" and overall).  I imagine this is because I was restartwhoring Stage 1 to get a good start since I was messing around with scoring, but now I'm worried that I'm so tired I just dreamed this happened and it never actually did.

Well, I'm not too concerned, I'm sure I'll get another one at some point.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Matsuri

I imagine this is because I was restartwhoring Stage 1 to get a good start since I was messing around with scoring,

Bingo. It doesn't like restarts, even if you're technically starting a new game :<

'grats on the 1cc, though :3

lumber_of_the_beast

NEWS FROM CAVE MATSURI:

DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu (360) is dropping on the 25th of November. The standard edition will be 6800 yen, the legendary edition will be 8800 yen and come with an arrange OST. Preorders will get a 1.51 DLC card.

Dangun Feveron sometime in 2011. Port by M2. System unannounced. Speculation: Probably XBLA.

Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets (360) in Spring 2011. They'll be on the same disk.

Apparently, the DOJBLEX patch is coming next month.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:55:53 PM by lumber_of_the_beast »

Matsuri

Seriously. Pink Sweets.

Want. ;;

My birthday is 26th of November... I think I know what I'll be getting then.

Yesterdays stream made me want to try Batrider again. I remembered why I haven't played the game much, the hitboxes somehow feel really unintuitive. I just keep on dying continuously to basically everything in that game.

So I played Garegga instead:

Never once broke the medal chain \o/. I should have beaten that boss (the rank was really low) but I DIED WHILE MY BOMB WAS ACTIVE. I really like playing Garegga semi-casually. Derping in the game doesn't make me feel bad at all because I can just think of it as automatic rank control :V.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
Crimzon Mothertruckin' Clover. Why did you not tell me about this guys. This is like the most amazing thing ever, and I'm almost at the 1cc.

Also, press the C button, receive orgasm. BEST DESIGN DECISION EVER

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Erppo's run reminded me, I'd made a goal to at least reach Black Heart. So I tried Garegga again a little while ago, and reached (and beat!) it for the first time. Game over'd at the start of Stage 6 with 4.5m. Medalling was pretty awful all around but I'm still pleased I got that far. I must say, I really like that even if you break the chain you can get significant points by, y'know, shooting things. :V

Maaan, Black Heart was not disappointing at all, a real blast to fight. That vulcan sweep is so much harder to actually play than it looks while watching... it caught me out the third time it was used, when it moved and stayed still in a new position. Saved a replay if you want it, shadowbringer.
Crimzon Mothertruckin' Clover. Why did you not tell me about this guys. This is like the most amazing thing ever, and I'm almost at the 1cc.

It is indeed really, really cool, can't wait for the full version. As for the C button; we've had these things for a while, they're called hypers. :P
Let's fight.

The C78 demo is supposed to have a Double Break mode.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
[23:36] <Sapz> Raaaaaaaaaaage
[23:37] <Sapz> Was most of the way through Black Heart with three lives, dad comes into to yell at me about something halfway through the vulcan sweep
[23:37] <Sapz> Cue two deaths
[23:38] <Sapz> Still got further and broke my high score so it's okay I guess but still

:<

5.4m, game over to the building in Stage 6 with all the turrets and such everywhere over it. Very pleased with this especially since I missed the hidden extend. Seems I'm finally starting to get the hang of this. :V Got a replay, too.
Let's fight.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle

Because all they talk here is about Cave. :V (sorry, guys, I just had to say it, no biggie)

Anyway, I watched the UStream of nanapo (author of Manablast, which I got last Comiket) and he reviewed a bunch of STGs. Half of them were terrible (like Axis Poses HD, an ugly monster done in Poser... words fail me to describe how much fail is packed in this, heh) and the other half was pretty nice. He played RefRain and it's still as buggy as before. And they changed the Blitz Lester (the little girl with the bear) menus and now are all full of drawings of bears. Pathetic... RebRank WTF are you thinking!!!??? You can still kill the first boss in 10 seconds, that's as bad as Thunder Force VI but without the synth rock and awesome boss warnings.

Also, Revolver360 (announced originally for XBLIG) appears to be getting a PC version, big, gigantic yay! Seems to require quite a beefy computer. Guess the author realised you can't sell XBLIG-air in Comiket. I wish the Prismatic Solid dude would follow suit and release a PC version of that too, not just the OST  :derp:

STELLA VANITY WAS CANCELLED.

Oh, and Sora came out. Quite a solid release, the best in terms of graphics and cutesy spirit.
Spoiler:
And I noticed some Eureka Seven references...

And Alltynex2nd! More epic tales about pew pew and huge ships approaching fast.

Not counting the new Toehoe 12.8, everyone already knew about that one, right?

Also, Temperance Lance (Patriot Dark dudes) is working on a new shooter called L.U.X.:

http://temperancelance.under.jp/index.html

Back to Crimzon Clover, Yotsubane already made some announcements so I'm definitely looking forward for the web trial... Can't wait to put my claws on it, trigger DOUBLE BREAK and LET ASS KICK TOGETHER!

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

Good on Temperance Lance for making a new shmup. I really enjoyed Patriot Dark. I just hope they upgrade their engine for the new game to be better compatible with Vista/7.

[23:36] <Sapz> Raaaaaaaaaaage
[23:37] <Sapz> Was most of the way through Black Heart with three lives, dad comes into to yell at me about something halfway through the vulcan sweep
[23:37] <Sapz> Cue two deaths
[23:38] <Sapz> Still got further and broke my high score so it's okay I guess but still

:<

5.4m, game over to the building in Stage 6 with all the turrets and such everywhere over it. Very pleased with this especially since I missed the hidden extend. Seems I'm finally starting to get the hang of this. :V Got a replay, too.

nice! I do want both replays, to see how people are playing Garegga :D  (of course, if you're not using Gain, then everything will be new to me :p)  why must Bornnam be so slow, btw?

sorry for not having a good input file to show for now, I'm rusty and am trying to adapt myself to the default keyboard configuration (Z, X and C for shot, bomb and option instead of Z, X, C and Space for shot, autofire, bomb and option formation :p)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!

More Garegga improvement. :V Perfected Black Heart this time (dodging the vulcan was fun) and made it 2/3 of the way to the Stage 6 boss or so; died three times on Stage 6 in pretty quick succession though since I didn't really know what to expect.
nice! I do want both replays, to see how people are playing Garegga :D  (of course, if you're not using Gain, then everything will be new to me :p)
Well, here you go. :P And I haven't tried using Gain seriously yet; all my runs so far are with Golden Bat.
Let's fight.

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
Preorder your copy of Daifukkatsu 360 and get a free DLC card for 1.51!
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/17/dodonpachi_x360_vs_arcade/

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.

"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
eXceed3rd-JADE PENETRATE-BLACK PACKAGE is kinda baller but damned if I know how the multipliers actually work
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Whee, got Espgaluda 2. But the game keeps forcing itself to widescreen despite me having a 4:3 screen and thus leaving black edges to up and below and useless screen area in the sides. Even if I tate, I still can't use most of the screen. Help? Should I fiddle with my XBoxes settings somehow?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Whee, got Espgaluda 2. But the game keeps forcing itself to widescreen despite me having a 4:3 screen and thus leaving black edges to up and below and useless screen area in the sides. Even if I tate, I still can't use most of the screen. Help? Should I fiddle with my XBoxes settings somehow?
Your 360 might be set to widescreen mode. Go into system settings to make sure it's in 4:3, I guess. Beyond that, fiddle with the in-game screen options - can't think of anything else beyond the setting of your TV itself.

At DFK: ahghagahagahag do I get it now or wait for it to be available from amiami or something ;_;
Let's fight.

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
Your 360 might be set to widescreen mode. Go into system settings to make sure it's in 4:3, I guess. Beyond that, fiddle with the in-game screen options - can't think of anything else beyond the setting of your TV itself.

At DFK: ahghagahagahag do I get it now or wait for it to be available from amiami or something ;_;

Place a preorder there or something and if it pops up at amiami, just cancel the preorder at Play-Asia. That's what I would do. Unless you're using the paypal method for play-asia which forces you to pay the price of the game right away, then don't do it. :V

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.

Hmm, it seems I can fix the screen issue by actually setting my console to widescreen. That makes the menus and everything stretched of course but for some odd reason the gamescreen itself has normal aspect ratio. It's still pretty annoying having to switch my system settings between games.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Place a preorder there or something and if it pops up at amiami, just cancel the preorder at Play-Asia. That's what I would do. Unless you're using the paypal method for play-asia which forces you to pay the price of the game right away, then don't do it. :V
Done, first time I've ordered an LE for one of these, but I could hardly not given it's DDP and all. Now I just have to wait 100 days for it to be released and then some more time for it to actually get here. :colonveeplusalpha:

Errpo: Huh, weird that that's happening. At any rate, how are you finding the game so far?
Let's fight.

Errpo: Huh, weird that that's happening. At any rate, how are you finding the game so far?

It's really fun and crushingly difficult. I liked the scoring in Espgaluda and the normal mode in this seems basically the same with the added suicide bullet mode. I also like the pretty unique style in bullet patterns that was also there in the first game.

There are so many game modes with tons of differently behaving Kakusei and whatever modes it feels pretty overwhelming at first. I've basically been playing around with the Novice stuff so far to get clearing those out of the way.

eXceed3rd-JADE PENETRATE-BLACK PACKAGE is kinda baller but damned if I know how the multipliers actually work

If you ever figure it out, let me know. I have spent quite a bit of time with this game and have given up trying to figure it out. I've been able to push the multiplier as high as x64 a few times, but I have no idea how. I have a feeling it's a Battle Bakraid-esque system though.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Garegga Stage 6 is kicking my ass really, really hard; regularly dying three times on the stage, and I haven't even got close to reaching its boss yet. I think I might need to start practicing with a savestate.

Also, I've reached between 5.8 and 5.9m about 4 or 5 seperate times now. >:V
Let's fight.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
49 oku, Almost no-missed Stage 2 besides that annoying part where the boss slams its hand into the ground, Got to the Stage 3 boss's second form... I think I'm getting close to the Crimzon Clover 1cc. Awesome!

ebarrett

Now I just have to wait 100 days for it to be released and then some more time for it to actually get here.

Just a little over what the latest "ships in 24 hours" order took to ship, no big deal amirite

Also taxes on the J360 being ~$135 over what I expected sort of make me want to wait a little more before putting another hundred and a few on DFK - I'll just wait for one of the sellers I trust to have it so I can underdeclare it.