Author Topic: Touhou [Unnamed FanGame] W.I.P with Gm8.  (Read 3663 times)

TwinGhosts

• Touhou ...Fate stay/night style...
Touhou [Unnamed FanGame] W.I.P with Gm8.
« on: July 14, 2012, 10:15:26 PM »
Good day everyone!

I'm rather new to this forum, yet I have been a fan of Touhou for quite a while now.
As I was learning the scripting language of Danmakufu I couldn't resist building a fan-stage, With a program I know better than Danmakufu
(Yes it is Game Maker  :derp: ).
and for people who know GM, no I am not drag&dropping my way to victory  :V

But with that aside and the main Engine-ish design ready and fully functional
I proudly present you some screenshots of the beginning of the stage.
I am not quite sure yet wether or not I am going to make it into a 6 stage game, since GM tends to raise the filesize with ease.
And I'm horrible at balancing...

IMAGES

The last one is new!

Don't mind the screenshot's quality, the game itself has a higher graphic quality

The Current Version Contains most graphics of touhou already (no sounds or music yet!).

This is a project I'am working on on daily basis, so if you guys don't mind, i'd like to keep the interested people updated!  :ohdear:

***PS*** it will get 4 difficulties and a character selection screen (and special attacks depeding on which character you choose!)
******** Mid-Boss Implented, Not completely done yet though

EARLY EARLY BETA!
Good luck and have fun so far!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 http://www.mediafire.com/?p9izi8cw60wsdt4 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:28:46 PM by TwinGhosts »
The awkward moment WHEN Focussing can?t really save you anymore...
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9503/touhoulol.png

Leopold621

• I'm a kitty cat! Meow~ :3
  • The water's evil... I know it... 3:<
Re: Touhou [Unnamed FanGame] W.I.P with Gm8.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:43:38 AM »
You're making it in Game Maker!? Awesome! I'm not the only one who makes bullet hells in Game Maker! :D
Are those images from the game? In that case you are very good at it (mine just look like PC-98 stages (But those are good too of course :derp:))
I expect you don't need any help but just if you do, I am bored most the time and pretty good at it I have to admit, just saying...

Random PS. Saying Game Maker sounds like Gay Maker which sounds a little wierd...  :3
1. MY CUPCAKE!! 3X<
2. If I say "I don't know how to answer/reply to that..."it doesn't mean what you wrote was wierd (most times), it was that I couldn't get it in my head and/or it was bad grammar included.
3. If I say I don't like your grammar, it's just because I have REALLY hard to read it...
4. Corn oooooooooonnnnnnn the cuuuuuuuuub! *deep breath* Corn oooooooooooooooonnnnnnn the cabub!
5. ... EVERYBODY DANCE NYAO!! >X3

TwinGhosts

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
Yep those images are from the game's first stage   :derp:

I don't really need help anymore, since it's only a matter of adding some objects to it as bullets, the coding for the engine is done already.

although we could start a co'ed project and let Touhou REIGN even in GAME MAKER !!! (after this project is finished ;) )

but thanks alot for the positive reply!! Gonna update this page today again  :V

?eta incoming as well *sooner or later*

Leopold621

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »
You're welcome! :D
Only one thing, what does "co'ed"and "REIGN"/"reign" mean? :derp:
1. MY CUPCAKE!! 3X<
2. If I say "I don't know how to answer/reply to that..."it doesn't mean what you wrote was wierd (most times), it was that I couldn't get it in my head and/or it was bad grammar included.
3. If I say I don't like your grammar, it's just because I have REALLY hard to read it...
4. Corn oooooooooonnnnnnn the cuuuuuuuuub! *deep breath* Corn oooooooooooooooonnnnnnn the cabub!

TwinGhosts

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 08:24:03 PM »
Oh just postponing this post a bit (not for long though).
Since im studying the language of Danmakufu alot lately and I might get confused when I program two things at the same time  :derp:

so yeah, Updates coming later this week!

@Leopold621 Uhm with Co'ed, I meant working together and Reign means...Well English is not my mother-tongue so correct me if I'm wrong but I guess it means to conquer in some way haha    :V

Leopold621

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »
Oh, OK, cool!
Good luck, by the way! :D
1. MY CUPCAKE!! 3X<

TwinGhosts

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »
Thanks alot I hope to statisfy you guys with the Beta of the game, which will be released Tomorrow :) Soonish, since im going on a trip to France for a week.,..
I had trouble with the mid-boss, since i couldnt get the  Different type Hp Bars working, (the Purple one which satori has for example with the different color for each phase) so im dropping that.

Screw Logic, got the colored Health bars working!
Mid Boss Nearly done.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:50:50 AM by TwinGhosts »

TwinGhosts

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »
Beta Version UPLOADED!

This version is a really early release...

It currently only features the 1st part of the stage and the first mini boss WITH ALOT OF FLAWES...
This Beta is only here to give you an Idea of how the main engine works  :V

Bombs are not working yet, and you might die when you respawn on top of a bullet (will be fixed soon)...
Only Marisa is a playable Character at the moment.
No spellcard Background yet, nor a fully functional CutIn Picture, since it blocks some of you view, which is a bit nasty in the second phase...

also... This is Lunatic Mode, Other modes incoming soonish need to finish the stage first.

BALANCING will be done after the Stage is completed. Check the first post for the Download link  :derp:

TwinGhosts

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 07:45:46 PM »
**Bump**

ScreenShot Update...Was just messing around with some bullets...and i figured that it wasn?t as bad as I thought it would be .. :derp:

EDIT** NOTE that the smaller images are not implented yet...they were just tests!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:57:32 PM by TwinGhosts »

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »
I like what I'm seeing so far. The graphics are on par with ZUN graphics, and the controls are quite smooth too :3 I'd like some kind of HUD though (even if it's not displayed like the original Touhou games), and I don't know if it was intentional, but the midboss lifebar decreases too fast. Otherwise, the game has potential.

PS. It seems if I start focusing after respawning before the yellow bubble disappears the hitbox doesn't show until I unfocus and try again :V
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

TwinGhosts

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »
@Raitaki Thanks alot!...

About the HUD :/ I dont intend to show one....Since I?d like to use one of Touhou?s...But all of them have the name of that game in it...so that ruins it a bit, I can draw lots of stuff...but such a detailed HUD (talking about the graphic which surrounds the gameplay area) is really a pain to do myself...So unless someone has one and is willing to share it I wont be putting one in any soon ***CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN just stating that...***

and about the respawning focus bug thingy....I know :/ its nothing major...but its annoying nontheless.  It will be fixed in the upcomming beta!

and the Boss? life bar is supposed to drop that quickly, since i tested it quite alot...and it would take too long if it had full hp  :derp:... but the next beta has the mini boss fixed as well!

everything is just a bit Rushed...since i wasnt sure if i could pull most of it off...seems that I could though, so i will be Polishing the game once the stage is done  :D

Thanks again for the positive feedback !

**added more screenshots**
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:32:57 PM by TwinGhosts »