Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 233088 times)

Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #390 on: June 11, 2014, 08:10:53 PM »
Also, are you using the Hunter's Knife? That's something that'll help out. Even without Vanish Charm I didn't have too much problem with her. If you have a Flame Barrier, equip that for her shield to make the Fire weakness go away, have Aerial Garland to increase speed (or use something like Flash Hat to reduce Thunder damage or Barette to reduce Ice damage). Back row helps a tiny bit as well. Can even use Small Hitbox if you have one.

Yea I tried a lot of different stuff. Without Hunter's Knife Meira'd probably get two turns for my one. I tried Flame Barrier, but noticed Healing Barrier is better since it heals enough to be able to ignore the weaker attacks like Thunder Slash. I guess Barette could be useful to make the ice attack equally harmless. Unless I'm missing something, you can't put a character to back row is she's alone. I tested Small Hitbox as well, but started falling behind in speed without Tengu Feather / Fury Ring equipped. Meira simply has too much attack and speed to make this fight balanced and in line with the rest of the scenario.

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #391 on: June 11, 2014, 08:12:57 PM »
Oh right...2K3 has that weird quirk where there has to be at least one character in the front row...

Did you check the shop crystal back in the cave?? That should at least give some equipment I would hope...if not, I'll probably add a "Unequip Party" crystal in there to make it so that you can get your stuff back from everyone else (even though it should've auto-unequipped everyone before you got control of Yuuka...)

EDIT - If you can, give me your Yuuka's exact stats (level and Speed being the two I need) along with any equipment you're using. I may have to adjust Meira after all. I need to redo all of the 1v1 fights anyways to make them more interesting and not all the same (as it tends to be in Yuuka's scenario. Though one in particular is meant to be to take your time and wait for the opportune moment to attack). You may also opt to use the Defend command during this fight too.

EDIT #2 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ysrb161ia3dk6y/Touhou_Fantasy_Experimental_Patch_1.01.rar

That's just an experimental patch. Gives you the whole "Unequip Party" thing so...there's that...still would like to have the stats first off before you use that though. And then afterwards if you beat Meira.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:31:19 PM by Xenomic »

« Reply #392 on: June 11, 2014, 08:37:34 PM »
I did some checking on my save at the previous scenario (just before the last fight). Meiling, who had, among other things, Rabite's Foot and Aerial Garland, apparently didn't give up her stuff since they're not in my inventory at Yuuka scenario. Another character who was also using an Aerial Garland and Gale Hairpin apparently did drop her stuff since the Gale Hairpin was in Yuuka's inventory (too bad she can't use it). So to be sure I think that unequip party option should be given in the Yuuka scenario. :)

As for Yuuka's stats, I suppose a sceenie of her status window should give all the info you need:

[attach=1]

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #393 on: June 11, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »
Eh? Meira has a speed of 70 so...she shouldn't even be getting more than one turn on you o_O

And huh...wonder why it only gave up some equipment and not all...that's just bizarre...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #394 on: June 14, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »
So, new concept art! This time, for Pestilence, done courtesy of Avee! Much thanks to you bro!

I think it's very fitting myself personally~ She looks unique enough from all the other components, and it fits her name I think. Color scheme is really nicely done too~
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:26:16 PM by Xenomic »

« Reply #395 on: June 15, 2014, 01:37:45 PM »
So the stars finally aligned in my favour and I beat Meira. Using Barette and Small Hitbox my speed was only 110, causing Meira to have a few double turns on me. If her speed really is only 70, how is this possible? I tried the fight once with active battle mode on, and she was getting double turns every other turn (and I'm no slow menu user). Does Meira have haste on or something?
In contrast to that overly difficult fight, Elly was super easy. In fact, against her I was getting double turns every other turn with my speed of 135. How slow is she then?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #396 on: June 15, 2014, 08:18:17 PM »
Wow...so apparently, there's supposed to be 2 Meiras in the database. But only the LAST one is used (the first one is never used, the last one has a speed of 140). That would explain why there was so much complication during the fight...Gah...

« Reply #397 on: June 15, 2014, 09:05:46 PM »
I only just noticed that edited post with the patch in it, does it have the redone Insect Forest in it? I'm getting closer to it so...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #398 on: June 15, 2014, 11:06:14 PM »
It should anyways. If not, let me know. It's about 5 maps long compared to 10 map so...

« Reply #399 on: June 16, 2014, 09:07:23 AM »
I can't really remember how Insect Forest was before, but this version works pretty well. Kind of felt bad for Yuuka getting one-shot by everything the end boss had on her arsenal, considering all the trouble she went through to get "stronger". :D
Still, the best fight in all the scenarios.
As far as the other scenario boss fights are concerned, they seemed pretty well balanced in difficulty. Well, apart from Meira, but if you fix her speed to be actually 70, it shouldn't be too bad anymore. I kept a save file just before her in case you need it tested later on.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #400 on: June 16, 2014, 09:13:50 AM »
Well, considering Yuuka's speed and the fact that if you know about Hunter's Knife, you should have ridiculous speed on Yuuka, that Meira shouldn't be any issue at all. I'm surprised Order wasn't an issue, considering she likes to give me a run for my money heh...

« Reply #401 on: June 16, 2014, 09:34:30 AM »
Order was difficult, but with a decent party of 4 you could actually fight back. I noticed Iku had a skill to increase resists to non-elemental damage, I guess that reduces the damage Ultima does? Not sure if it helped against Shadow Flare as well, but Letty managed to survive one of those. :)
The lack of equips to give Cirno at this point was quite annoying though, since I didn't get a chance to get that party un-equip before getting there.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2014, 09:48:03 AM »
Again, nobody was unequipped before that? Blaaah...I'll have to fix that up later then I suppose. I forget if Iku's Non-Elemental Resist Up includes Magic but it should. Gets rid of Yuuka's weakness to Magic-based attacks at least.

Yeah, Cirno does not get very much in the way of equips at all throughout the entire game. It's one of her major failings, but she still more than makes up for it I think in other ways.

« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2014, 10:00:48 AM »
Something you did in the recent patches seemed to have broken the "reset party" ghost in HRCS, it doesn't properly clear the party. Your chosen party members stay in the party screen even after resetting, yet if you try to go outside it says I should pick atleast one party member. Now if I go and choose Sakuya to the party, my speed actually decreases since she can't actually get into the party...

EDIT: Is there a reason SDM remains closed after Patchouli & co. rejoin the party? The crafting ingredient shop is in there and it would be nice to have access to it now that some stuff could actually be crafted without extra grinding.

EDIT2: Quite a few of the pitfalls in the cave to Makai send you to a spot downstairs where you can't move, forcing a reset / Emergency Stairway. Also, the save circle thingie that disappears should apparently change something in the pitfall room, but nothing seems to happen (I looked at your LP on Youtube to confirm this, it worked that way in the video).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:58:07 PM by Kaitani »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2014, 08:01:13 PM »
Ah...for some reason that particular version of the ghost didn't remove party members for whatever reason. What the crap? o_O

I actually forgot to set the teleport event back in. Fixed now.

Can you screenshot which pitfalls these are, or the spot they fall? You should be able to move o_O. As for the save circle, there's a hidden doorway that appears, which is to the right of the room (from the start of the pitfall room).

« Reply #405 on: June 16, 2014, 08:32:36 PM »
I counted atleast 4 pitfalls that lead to this same spot, shouldn't be a big deal to fix. :)

[attach=1]

EDIT:
to the right of the room (from the start of the pitfall room)
If I understand that correctly, there should be something different in the pitfall room now that the save circle is gone? I went everywhere in that room I could and couldn't find any doorways, are you positive it's working? (not that I doubt you :P)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:44:59 PM by Kaitani »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #406 on: June 16, 2014, 08:50:26 PM »
Update Patch 1.20: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8nhi5so8cs4vibp/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.120.rar

Fixed some more bugs all over the place, some that once again baffle me as to how they even existed. Not much else to say here! Still currently working on beta5 stuff, so if there's anything that seems off in beta1-4, do let me know!

« Reply #407 on: June 16, 2014, 09:09:01 PM »
[attach=1]

All of that lava is new, it wasn't there in the LP you posted a little under a year ago. This is just before you get to the chest with the choice of Orichalcum or 2x Magic Fan. Is there an alternate way around now, since in the LP you just ran past those bats and flying skulls(!) without any problems?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #408 on: June 16, 2014, 09:45:12 PM »
You should be able to just walk over the skulls.

« Reply #409 on: June 16, 2014, 09:59:40 PM »
Well I probably should but I can't, those skulls are the same ones as the moving ones on the left side, impassable.

Btw, you did a nice rework on the room above the pitfall room, but there's still two gaps there where you can get to the edges. Thought I'd mention it...

I also found another bug with the HRCS: picking Reisen to the party doesn't work, and if she's the first one chosen you'll be moving as an invisible character. Menu screen is also empty of all characters at this point. I guess she really doesn't want to go to Makai. :D

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #410 on: June 16, 2014, 10:32:51 PM »
You can get around that on the left side it seems.

Eh? Please screenshot that if you can.

Wtf?? Why didn't it add her to the party? That whole section was missing for her. Is it missing for any other character?

« Reply #411 on: June 16, 2014, 10:49:10 PM »
Screenshot spam incoming!

The left side that does look like a promising way to get around it ends up as such:

[attach=1]

As for the gaps that allow passage to the edges of the room, here are the spots:

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

It seems to be just Reisen not working, all others joined the party without objection. :)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #412 on: June 16, 2014, 10:57:37 PM »
Quick map fix patch, mostly for Cave to Makai and a little HRCS bug...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6277iih9eqosj2j/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.110.rar

« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »
I made it all the way to Pandaemonium, but after the events there the same bug as was with Reisen in HRCS happens again; I'm left with an empty party.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
All of the events there or just some of the events?

« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2014, 09:45:14 PM »
After the initial event (when I get control of the "party" again). Didn't really want to start exploring more on an invisible character...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #416 on: June 18, 2014, 08:17:14 PM »
Ok, so...right after the first cutscene in the place???

« Reply #417 on: June 18, 2014, 09:02:16 PM »
Yea, where you start next to the save point and are free to explore on Marisa.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #418 on: June 18, 2014, 09:03:55 PM »
Weird...I've never had THAT break before. o_O;; I'll look at the coding for that, but that's pretty much the last thing that you can do in the current game (there's a few more sections ahead, but none of them are fully tested at all. Hollowed Caverns is the one you COULD potentially get through, but the bosses and enemies aren't fixed up yet).

« Reply #419 on: June 18, 2014, 09:17:45 PM »
There was no problem with this the last time I got this far, so it was probably the same thing you did that caused Reisen to vanish that is causing this as well. As for the bosses, it's really hard to say when they're balanced at this point, since you can potentially get so many levels in the cave to Makai it's hard to say what level in mind you should balance them. I mean, if you balance them according to your own level when you do your play-through (not getting lost anywhere) you'll be a lot lower level than someone (like me) who spent time running in circles in there. The party I chose for Makai is almost lvl 40 on average now.