Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 295284 times)

Sahgren

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #840 on: August 22, 2013, 10:36:37 PM »
Holy crap at some point I got 60 achievements. I should start using
Spoiler:
SDM
crew to build up the BP they need for
Spoiler:
Flandre
; I'm pretty sure I have enough with Marisa. I'll probably get the BP I need wandering around on this floor because I keep losing my place. Seriously, I should have finished this temperature stuff yesterday. If they still don't have enough after, I'll get it while I grind for the last 70k I need to get
Spoiler:
Suika. God damn she better be worth this.

Let me put it this way,
Spoiler:
I just had Suika hit a boss for 50k damage pre-buffs 3 times in a row before she ran out of mana. Granted, I was targeting a weakness and the boss probably had low defense, but Suika was still hitting harder than Master Spark on a spam-able skill.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #841 on: August 22, 2013, 11:12:40 PM »
Hory shet, I need her.

Also, what does this mean? I don't get what it means by worked.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #842 on: August 22, 2013, 11:22:56 PM »
Hey what the crap? How so English? I thought the latest patch was the menu only one?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #843 on: August 22, 2013, 11:27:59 PM »
Hey what the crap? How so English? I thought the latest patch was the menu only one?
It also contains some battle stuff (explaining the different option you have in battle and the different ailments, buffs and debuffs), the messages on every rocks and a few other miscellaneous stuff.

Also, what does this mean? I don't get what it means by worked.
Create 88 items in Nitori's Workshop
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2013, 12:13:16 AM »
Spoiler:
Uh, is there something I'm missing about this guy(clickable) on F14? Or is Kasen the key to this fight and I have to do what I'm thinking...?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #845 on: August 23, 2013, 12:48:18 AM »
Spoiler:
Uh, is there something I'm missing about this guy(clickable) on F14? Or is Kasen the key to this fight and I have to do what I'm thinking...?

He has a set pattern: Buff, Ether Flare, Buff, Ether Flare. If you have Komachi (and throw aways and/or
Spoiler:
Resurrecting Mokou
) tank out his Ether Flare, then use his buff turn to heal and attack, you should get it no problem. IIRC, his defense sucks, so wail on him with physical spells. Heavy and Slow help, too, for obvious reasons.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #846 on: August 23, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »
Spoiler:
Well, I can't tank it yet. My party's average level is 46 xD I'll grind to get it to 55, I guess.

Also, F13 and F14 aren't that annoying to explore. Yet.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #847 on: August 23, 2013, 01:51:44 AM »
Qaz, I don't know if you knew about it, or know the fix for it, but in the text dump, there is no line that has "small" katakana, like スキルレベル. So there's most likely going to be some translations line missing in what I gave you. I don't know if it's normal, or they are located somewhere else, but I couldn't find the line when I was just searching for part of the text.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

CP3

« Reply #848 on: August 23, 2013, 02:47:01 AM »
Huh, there's a partial English patch? I didn't know.

Is that out to the public, and is it okay to ask here?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #849 on: August 23, 2013, 03:02:00 AM »
Huh, there's a partial English patch? I didn't know.

Is that out to the public, and is it okay to ask here?

it's somewhere here, I forget what page.. Qaz posted it, search for menu only or something like that. It's mostly there so that qaz himself (and others working on the patch who can't read japanese I guess) can test their own work faster, it's not really meant to be a release to appease others yet I don't think...But yeah it was public here without any passwords or whatever so take a look =). I think it was a mediafire dl btw, thlabyrinth2_out.rar

« Reply #850 on: August 23, 2013, 03:19:00 AM »
Qaz, I don't know if you knew about it, or know the fix for it, but in the text dump, there is no line that has "small" katakana, like スキルレベル. So there's most likely going to be some translations line missing in what I gave you. I don't know if it's normal, or they are located somewhere else, but I couldn't find the line when I was just searching for part of the text.

I can't find that anywhere in the executable anyway. Sure you transcribed it correctly?

it's somewhere here, I forget what page.. Qaz posted it, search for menu only or something like that. It's mostly there so that qaz himself (and others working on the patch who can't read japanese I guess) can test their own work faster, it's not really meant to be a release to appease others yet I don't think...But yeah it was public here without any passwords or whatever so take a look =). I think it was a mediafire dl btw, thlabyrinth2_out.rar
No, it's intended for anyone. It's just not very complete and has almost no editing done at all. So you get plenty of lines that just run off the end of the screen.

Sahgren

« Reply #851 on: August 23, 2013, 03:52:48 AM »
Apparently
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
is hilariously abuse-able versus bosses when comboed with Aya and someone to debuff speed. Just lock the boss out of doing anything for a couple rounds.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #852 on: August 23, 2013, 04:04:19 AM »
I can't find that anywhere in the executable anyway. Sure you transcribed it correctly?
Yes I'm sure, taking for example Rinnosuke's [First Aid] spell. In the game itself, there is 2 lines of text, the second starting with compressed katakana (スキルベル上昇に伴い治療可能な状態異常が増える。). But on the text dump, the spell is at line 007D2D78, 007D2DD8 and 007D2E0C, before going up to his [Battle Command] spell and down to the description of [Concentration], so it's missing one. I've checked with the rest of the description in kanjis and it's not returning me anything.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #853 on: August 23, 2013, 05:14:36 AM »
You know, 13-15 aren't so bad when your just going through them...

It's when you're trying to get everything that it becomes a nightmare. About pulled my hair out trying to get to
Spoiler:
the last Nazrin event on 14
only to find the back way to 16. Finally I get to it and don't have enough BP. This may not be as bad as THOSE FLOORS in the first game (you know the ones), but damn.
Spoiler:
Yukari was a bitch, too. Damn Mesh of Light and Dark did way too much damage. And don't get me started about the ninja dragon FOE I was talking about earlier.

And what's this? I can't activate it, whatever it is.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:21:54 AM by ViciousYukkuri »

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #854 on: August 23, 2013, 05:45:30 AM »
Thatʹs the last bush event to open the way to Yuuka. Youʹll need Minoriko + Cirno BP for that.
Spoiler:
You are going to love 16-18F

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #855 on: August 23, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »
So has anyone come across this glitch?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axLMmsN1XII
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #856 on: August 23, 2013, 06:40:00 AM »
So has anyone come across this glitch?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axLMmsN1XII
Watching the video, lemme see if I understand this correctly. Your Aya had the +2 MP Recovery Main Equipment on, but had 6 MP Recovery. When you removed and then equipped it again, you had the correct 4 MP Recovery?

Lemme tell ya, if I had seen that glitch happening on someone, I'd keep it a secret because that is amazing O_O If you could have that on whoever you wanted, it would be amazing... have you had it happen on anyone else, or only Aya? If anyone else, you are lucky, oh so lucky~ if only Aya... eh, I for one don't find her appealing, so you don't seem as lucky~ :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:42:55 AM by MysTeariousYukari »

Minako The Maid

• Lady Remilia's Servant
  • Living in Scarlet Mansion
« Reply #857 on: August 23, 2013, 07:06:11 AM »
Yes actually, I had at least similar glitch before though didn't understand what caused it, one time I was grinding for levels I had one extra magic regeneration on my main nuker than usual but I just went on with it. Upon leaving and returning it went back to normal. My glitch could've been different but I'm still confused what caused it (and to clarify, my main nuker had base MP regen of 2, boosted by a main equipment at the time into 3 without other equipments increasing it, my nuker had 4 MP regen on one of the runs and went back to 3 MP regen after returning).

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #858 on: August 23, 2013, 07:19:50 AM »
Another look at the equipment glitch.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlogbV64zIw

I can't explain why it's happening (though it's looking less like Maintenance is involved), but I manage to recreate the effects, and do so on a different character as well.

With a bit more testing, the glitch works with both Main and Sub-Equipment, but only for the HP Recovery and MP Recovery stats.  Attempting the glitch with equipment that enhances other stats, elemental resistances, or ailment resistances, results in equipment bonuses being calculated as intended.

This is the same demonstration as the one above, except with Sub-Equipment included, and a sillier result~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_gGx5W4tKw
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:07:14 AM by Krimmydoodle »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #859 on: August 23, 2013, 08:06:40 AM »
Oh the world of Dharma is filled with light!!

I don't know WHY Nitori is needed, but it feels so good to finally have her after grinding for hours. I may or may not have forgotten you need Nitori. Now I think I got everyone and can move on in the...

Spoiler:
Shit, I forgot Ran.

The Krve

« Reply #860 on: August 23, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
Is there anything special about 19-20F, aside from pretty music and Demon-Faced Tops?
You just use the switch to go around and loot stuffs?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:24:59 AM by The Krve »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #861 on: August 23, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »
Spoiler:
Teleporter Puzzle. And Game Over Grapes.
  :colonveeplusalpha:

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #862 on: August 23, 2013, 10:05:30 AM »
Is there anything special about 19-20F, aside from pretty music and Demon-Faced Tops?
You just use the switch to go around and loot stuffs?
Spoiler:
Best grind spot in the game on second part of 20F, you can jump straight away from lvl 88~ to 200+ if you really want to.
Too bad when the music starts the great part, you're already in battle or something :/
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #863 on: August 23, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »
After being terrified at how bad my very first try went against her, I've finally beaten the boss of 9F.
Spoiler:
It was a lot of work to respecialize a lot of my characters and put together a completely unorthodox team. But oh was it worth it. Such complex and difficult fights are exactly what I'm looking for in my RPGs  :3.
Something that isn't on the wiki yet: I think 9F Tenshi is programmed to know what characters can hurt her and will use her OHKOs on them anytime you let her . How often she would target my MND-ignoring characters was far beyond bad luck. Anyone know something more specific about that?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:06:58 PM by Gesh86 »

The Krve

« Reply #864 on: August 23, 2013, 12:30:21 PM »
Protip:
Spoiler:
If you want the game to be challenging, you don't use Suika. Throwing Ame-no-Tajikarao has some bullshit-tier formula that allows her to sap off (AT LEAST) 1/4 of Tenshi's health if she gets one in (which is always) while the latter laughs off Master Spark.

« Reply #865 on: August 23, 2013, 12:32:04 PM »
Yes I'm sure, taking for example Rinnosuke's [First Aid] spell. In the game itself, there is 2 lines of text, the second starting with compressed katakana (スキルベル上昇に伴い治療可能な状態異常が増える。). But on the text dump, the spell is at line 007D2D78, 007D2DD8 and 007D2E0C, before going up to his [Battle Command] spell and down to the description of [Concentration], so it's missing one. I've checked with the rest of the description in kanjis and it's not returning me anything.
Okay, I got it.

It's in the executable; I missed it because I'm dumb.

The reason it's not in the string dump is because python doesn't like it. I don't know why, but I can paste the string into python, convert it to unicode, and then when I try to convert it back to sjis encoding it explodes. I use that exact same method during the string dump to trim out the garbage, but because of this issue it's also trimming out the compressed kana. I don't know much about unicode or especially compressed kana, but if anyone can volunteer a solution I can fix it when I get home from work. Otherwise I might just have to use a completely unfiltered text dump.

Well, you can insert the address manually. It's at 007D2D40, so

007D2D40: スキルベル上昇に伴い治療可能な状態異常が増える。

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #866 on: August 23, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »
Did quite a bit today.  The 2F & 3F F.O.Es respawned so I killed both of them off for some easy exp & money, then finished mapping out 3F and dealt with a few bosses.  Two were easy, but the one guarding the way to 4F...still questioning how I did that on my first try when I wasn't even fully prepared. 

Just armed a couple of my highest DTH resistant characters with what meager availability of equipment I had to resist it even more.  Two-thirds of my characters didn't even have equipment ready because I was intending for this attempt to be a run to figure out what damaged it the best.  Only had four characters left at the end (
Spoiler:
Instant Death hits Youmu near the end who had 100 DTH resist REALLY GAME?!?
), but I'm not complaining.  Took this boss out with a team of lv12s except for a lv11
Spoiler:
Minoriko who died very early on in this boss fight

Only question I have right now...what determines when the F.O.Es respawn?  Is it by entering & exiting the dungeon a bunch, random battles, or something else?  It would be easy enough to get the last bit of money I need to buy a certain item I want if I could just fight the 2F & 3F F.O.Es over and over again.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #867 on: August 23, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »
Spoiler:
Best grind spot in the game on second part of 20F, you can jump straight away from lvl 88~ to 200+ if you really want to.
Holy crap, really? I haven't reached that floor yet, but if it's something that's not really obvious, I'd like to know :P

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #868 on: August 23, 2013, 02:56:59 PM »
Holy crap, really? I haven't reached that floor yet, but if it's something that's not really obvious, I'd like to know :P
Yes really.
Spoiler:
Second half of 20F has single enemies in each fight. The Exp and Money vary from enemy to enemy, but it's like 12k Exp and about 1500 Money per fight. A grind run there can net like 20 Levels worth of Exp and a few hundred thousand money. Nothing there seems to resist Physical, and a lot of the enemies are even *weak* to it.

It ends up feeling sorta like the
Spoiler:
20th Floor from Touhou Labyrinth 1, with things like Diamond Knight and such being alone.
Only getting drops is easy.

Sahgren

« Reply #869 on: August 23, 2013, 03:54:59 PM »
Only question I have right now...what determines when the F.O.Es respawn?  Is it by entering & exiting the dungeon a bunch, random battles, or something else?  It would be easy enough to get the last bit of money I need to buy a certain item I want if I could just fight the 2F & 3F F.O.Es over and over again.

I've heard that they respawn after exiting the dungeon anywhere between 6 and 13 times. That may be apocryphal, but it seems to make the most sense so far. In terms of consistent money gain you might be better off just exploring the next floor.