Author Topic: [Full game for developers available @ Reply #26] Adds charactors to PoFV.  (Read 14349 times)

well, seems that no comment came...
Is there any you want to say or want me to improve? I know the net VS is poor though..

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
ehhhhhh

Both downloading the dll and installing DirectX again didn't work.

Upgrading to XP Pro SP3 didn't help either.

Any ideas on where I should look for trouble spots?
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Any log in Resource ?

Sorry for bumping this out of the nothing, but I had an Idea for the PSP Port.

The score and Health is kept in the top corners.
in the middle of the "sidebars" the Ex-Attack (the things that appear on the other side) is shown.
On the bottom conrers a Spellcard will indicates the current power of the carged attack (Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 - if charge is Level 0, empty, it will display only a black shadow).

I would like to help with the spellcards icons, if you accept this idea.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 04:36:56 PM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

Oooh... Perhaps you could also do this for the windows version, have it as a widescreen only feature. I know there are some people out there who are stuck with Touhou games stretching when going fullscreen on a widescreen monitor, so this would be a boon for them.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
Okay, first off, this is really well-made. Great job on it so far. I have a few minor complaints, though.

1. Balance for some attacks is pretty off. For example, Remilia's level 2 charge attack (and 3 too, I think) goes way too fast for being such a large bullet - it either completely misses you, or it flies right into you with no warning whatsoever and no chance to dodge. A lot of level 4 attacks are too strong, to the point where they're even hard to dodge on their own - remember that the players have to go through randomly-placed bullets in addition to all the boss attacks! I'm not going to go through every example unless you want me to, but I would like to say one, which deserves its own number:

2. Lily White! It's even harder to dodge her barrage than it was in the original, so tone down the speed and density a bit.

3. It might just be me, but the very small bullets (the ones that are everywhere) hit me by surprise a lot more than they did in PoFV. Maybe I'm just distracted because I'm looking at the new characters, but it's worth checking out anyway - try changing the graphic to have more contrast, maybe?

4. No difficulty selection, and the AI seems wonky (they focus and unfocus about five times per second - don't stare at CPU Komachi's screen or you'll go blind). Not sure how much you can do to fix this though, since I don't know much about how you make an AI.

5. A lot of the characters' level 1 charge attacks are just powerful forward bursts. That's okay for a few characters, but half of the new ones just have some variation on that...

6. I know this happened in PoFV, but can you please make it so fairies don't spawn from the bottom corner if your character's there?

7. Very minor, but Reisen's exploding bullet of doom doesn't have the same cool wavy effect as in PoFV. I don't blame you though; that's probably hard to replicate (I copied it in Danmakufu, but I'm not sure how well it works in the program you're using for this).

That's every flaw I can find right now other than what people mentioned. Keep working on this - it's coming out amazing so far.

6. I know this happened in PoFV, but can you please make it so fairies don't spawn from the bottom corner if your character's there?

Better idea: slap some LLS stage 4 style warning graphics where fairies are about to enter the playing field... or at least when they're going to enter from behind.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Thanks for advices from Azure Lazuline
Sorry for not consering this post for long since I was working with the PSP version (turned out similiar to Danielu Yoshikoto's picture)
I updated some version after that was posted to public. Actually there are more discussion in Chinese forums. I have once changed my game every day to fit their needs. But now I cannot take most of changes about balance or minor graphic issues.
To me it is easy to change my script. It's also not hard to make a modification by anyone with develop version. Most of you here play it in the conception of PoFV. That's something I wished. But still quite some take it a new game. Believe it or not, the visions are just the opposite. They have even found a different way for playing this game with amazing tactics.
Your points are very useful for me. The thing is I am not sure if my modification is the one in your imagination.
Sorry for that~
Now I am working with a former game named 東方弾置場
Video: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE2MjQ0MDg=.html

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
I don't expect you to listen to every balance issue, which is why I just left it really general for the most part. It's your game, not mine, so you can balance it however you want. I was mainly just saying that you should take a quick pass through all the characters to see if you can balance them more by YOUR standards, not by mine. It's an amazing game, so I'm happy with whatever you decide to do with it.

Video: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE2MjQ0MDg=.html
That looks AWESOME!
Any chance for a download of that in the near future?

Is anybody here interesting about the developer version? I posted on google code though.. And as I said, my engine (logical part but the original graphic or sound things) can be anyone's game without concering about licencing or else. Personally I want to build up a STG game engine for whoever like STG games..
I know most people enjoy playing. Create a game is also enjoyable~

About the game of Touhou Tamaokiba:
Do you all know that the video contents 7 part?
http://so.youku.com/search_video/type_tag_q_%E6%9D%B1%E6%96%B9%E5%BC%BE%E7%BD%AE%E5%A0%B4
As you see in the videos, I put 22 players and 35 bosses and it's like a boss-rush only game. It is my very early project. Though it contains some scoring system, it really does not go well with the game.
I am considering to change it bravely.. Maybe cut story part and make it more like StB.

When I started this, I want to make it similiar to Danmakufu that a single script can be run with the frame engine. Then I can create script pack for fans..
Also as I said.. I really want somebody find that making a game has an amazing joy (just like my begining to learn programming).

I don't know when I can put a public version.. I am now trying to combine my eninge to adapt multi-platforms.

draganuv15

Re: [Full game for developers available @ Reply #26] Adds charactors to PoFV.
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »
do you think you sould add Koishi or Flandre?

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2010, 04:26:08 PM »
Just played it. Is there something with the game or why is it lagging so much?

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 10:20:49 PM »

OH MY GOD.
Both your projects are awesome    :D

Please keep at it... Seriously, a PoFV with more characters? A spellcard-only-bossrush game with 22 characters?!?!?!
 :o

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2010, 12:46:07 AM »
(Sorry, double post)

I played it and it is wonderful! My only recommendations would be that you should add all the characters (or at least those that have already been playable... It's been a dream of mine to have a Touhou game/fangame that has OVER 9000!!!! many characters to chose from  :3) instead of worrying over the graphics. I mean, can't you release a fangame for free online that uses ZUN's sprites and music (as long as you give credit?)

Overall it is very nice, only one thing bothers me... I don't know if it's just me but the game runs at 20 FPS instead of the usual 60. Is there a way to fix it  :blush:?

Please keep at it and don't give up! I love the progress you have made so far with this and your other project (http://www.soku.com/search_video/type_tag_q_%E6%9D%B1%E6%96%B9%E5%BC%BE%E7%BD%AE%E5%A0%B4) and It would be a dream come true if you managed to complete and release them  :)!

EDIT:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,2932.0.html
Nevermind about using touhou's graphics and stuff. >.<
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 01:32:44 AM by Paper_Conan »

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2010, 01:46:34 AM »
I cant seem to get any pictures besides the one on the loading screen at the start of the game.
any ideas?
Talking bout the Pofv one btw

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2010, 09:06:58 AM »
Please keep at it and don't give up! I love the progress you have made so far with this and your other project (http://www.soku.com/search_video/type_tag_q_%E6%9D%B1%E6%96%B9%E5%BC%BE%E7%BD%AE%E5%A0%B4) and It would be a dream come true if you managed to complete and release them  :)!

Actually, how far has he come with completing the boss rush game?

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2010, 11:05:35 AM »
You must add some PC89 character XD Like Mima, Elly or Shinki XD

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »
I kept playing it and I noticed a bug... When Sanae's frogs (Charge Shot) hit an enemy, they fade away like Hatate's camera thingy (though the snakes aren't messed up). Btw, I just realized that the game has all the characters that have been playable before, lol  :V.

I still love it x3! It's also extremely fun to choose Hatate and fight against Yukari. You just have to love the gaps and Hatate's Shuffle boss fight.

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2010, 12:57:26 AM »
SQUEEEEEEEE...

Why do you have this feeling h5nc-chan could acutally be the person who could help me make my both dreams become true?  :V

h5nc, h5nc, sazukete h5nc!