Author Topic: [Full game for developers available @ Reply #26] Adds charactors to PoFV.  (Read 14348 times)

Hi. Im new here. Does anybody like this game I made previously? Also its so sorry that I find no friends help with the graphic so I used the original.
Hope you will like it anway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2nruObd6fU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vqdAYLlpbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=628a7f3aqcU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omFV1D0wWz8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ast-Cw6907A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKs-Smwkqc
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:41:10 AM by h5nc »

So... let me get this staight...
You made an engine whice works just like the one from Phantasmagoria of Flower View and you added more characters?

:))

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Ye gods, this is great.
Also Yuyuko's scope is Kamina's Glasses, what.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
Is that Hatate in the first screenshot?
Holy Popcorn! Amazing.

btw... is "Reimu?" suposed to be Meimu?

Also looking forward to this being used for another thing.
First an StB like Engine and now an PoFV Engine?! This makes me want to help create an PoFV like game with the members of MotK as chracters.

When will you release the demo version of this game?
Also... what version is the game right now anyways? (Main enging seems done, as well as spellcards and everything.
Art, as you noted yourself, could be better.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:31:43 PM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

Drake

Looks fantastic, but I digress that it looks just as messy and unpretty as PoFV. Either way, this is good work.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

>>btw... is "Reimu?" suposed to be Meimu?
Just another Reimu. The original Reimu is too hard to couple with so I added this charactor for balance.

>>When will you release the demo version of this game?
I am thinking of the problem about copyright.... I wish I could though.

>>Also... what version is the game right now anyways? (Main enging seems done, as well as spellcards and everything.
>>Art, as you noted yourself, could be better.
Actually all things are done including AI, Replay... The only thing blocked me to publish is the copyright.

I made the engine most part runs on lua so it can be easily changed.
Also with same engine I've made a few other touhou doujin games. This is the one of the most recent. But still, original graphics, sounds...

But still, original graphics, sounds...

So all you need for this game to be released is special Graphics, Music and soundeffects for this game?
O.k. I am going to help. *open up Fruityloops Studios and tries to make some soundeffects*.

Also... you should think of a better name than "Touhou 9x" or "Kaeiduka Ver.h5nc".

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Okay, someone give this living God somekind of title. I mean... GODDAMNIT IT'S HOLYSHITAWESOME!

Done with simple Menu sound effects.

Here! (Warning, this is an instant link to the zip file!!)

Nothing good, but it?s a beginning.

P.S. can someone inform ZUN about this, so that we don?t run into the problem of Touhou 13 going to be an official Version of this game, while this unofficial Version exists. (also his Twitter is "korindo" right?)

Edit: I have an Idea for the english subtitle of this game "Phantasmagoric Leap of Faith".
Even through it sounds stupid, it kinda makes sence (having to take all those risks and chances to survive all those bullets).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:48:45 AM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

For developers:
This contains the things with all BUT Graphic or Sound as well as Music
Run it will lead to like black and white boxes fighting. But still working anyway.
Game designers may find it easy of the format .table which will opened with EXCEL
Programmers can see through lua files.
It is easy to change resources as all files are assigned in table files. Also all graphic unit can be defined or modified in other table files.
I am not good at english but I may add a help document for developers somedats later.

Warning, this is not the entire game. Just for developers who can bear the black and white with no comment :-)

First you will need d3dx9_42.dll to run the game.

you should run Custom.exe to see or change the key assign
You can run th09x.exe and wait until it gets white then push Z(by default) to enter matchmode, actually you may see three options that flashes before the title scene turns white totally. Then another 3 choises come up and try to select the one other than the first one (which is human VS human), then select the charactors then playgrounds (at this step you can see the japanese charactors shows with color).

Actually you can put your any pics in your pc and rename them to ones defined in Texture.table. It will help you see someway... hopefully

EffectEditor is a tool to edit effect file. For later use if you like.

http://touhoukaeduka-h5nc.googlecode.com/svn/Develop

Also if anyone can contact zun.... it would be awsome...Though little hope
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:00:09 AM by h5nc »

so... you don?t want to continue this anymore, and just give us the functioning engine?

Also, if you do think about continueing you need to do either one of these, because new charas (namely Yuyuko and Remilia) have waaaay to complicated patterns.
You should make them easier (less bullets) or upgrade the older spellcards.
Or, you make a option in the option menu, whice switches between Phantasmagoria (Original like Spellcards) or Leap of Faith (Upgraded Spellcards with way more bullets than before - btw... I just really start to like PLoF as english subtitle.)

also... just wondering, is it normal for Sakuya to freely move around her side, while bullets appear on the other person,s side?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:05:03 AM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

I am asking for cooperation because I cannot make graphics or sounds.
Though the best way is that zun can let me use the original ones...

Though the best way is that zun can let me use the original ones...
That would probatly not happen.
And... if it is going to be a fanmade one, it should also be made by fans, or something like that.
So I will take care of some arranges and the sound effect, missing would be a story and graphics.

It's definetly not a easy job for all those graphics and sounds... They are far too many to redraw.
For my other games that posted in China, some just dropped after several weeks' work.
It just happens... I am always sad about that.
I didnot know this forum until recently my friend talked me about it. I am happy that you are interested by the game...

Another thing is currently the game has no story mode since initially I want to make it a net-VS game...

It's definetly not a easy job for all those graphics and sounds... They are far too many to redraw.
I know what you mean, but we don?t need to hurry, but it would be nice to atleast make a bit progress...

Another thing is currently the game has no story mode since initially I want to make it a net-VS game...

Yeah I kinda guessed, that this game doesn?t have any Story mode.
But I don?t really have an Idea for an story.

EDIT: Just noticed... it seems like that I am the only one, that actually wants to help out.

EDIT: Just noticed... it seems like that I am the only one, that actually wants to help out.
Same thing happened everywhere else:-). It seems that only japanese can really complete a game...
I know nowhere for a forum like this in japan and I have no japanese friends... I was considering to contact zun but since everyone says that's impossible, I gave up then.
I wish I could be in japan...

Anyway, thank you~

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
I think you should maybe wait a little, for some people it's night when you're posting. At least I will talk about this to people.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
This is fantastic. What is it written in? Or does it use TH09's engine somehow?

KomeijiKoishi

*_*

I SO wanna have Koishi, Shou and Nue in this...

Anok

This looks moderately interesting. Too bad I can't see Youtube videos on dial-up internet. :V

Downloading the repository to see if I can play it...

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
holy shit. i wanna play this!

holy shit. i wanna play this!

I uploaded it as complete .zip (with DirectX dll).

Download for people, who don?t have time to download EVERY SINGLE file from that one server. (Only contains the engine of h5nc, No sound, No graphics, just the plain engine)

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
This is strange.

The svn repository I downloaded isn't working. It just gives me an error.

Any ideas, h5nc?
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

The svn repository I downloaded isn't working. It just gives me an error.
Do not checkout the trunk. There is no trunk folder in the repository, just try the root of SVN/ or SVN/develop

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
It apparently works on SP3 and not SP2. I should fix that.

A question, h5nc: Are you giving permission for modifications to the engine?

Going to test this out more.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

A question, h5nc: Are you giving permission for modifications to the engine?
If you mean the files on google codes, sure and it's very happy that someone may use that.

All my work, previously or on the future, will be free to modify or add/delete. Also they can be engines or games of anyone who want to republish or to make it doujin/commercial use with/without notification. The only restrict is NO selling in/to CHINA. All my works and relates are always free in CHINA.

Another thing, there is someone posted a packed version with graphics and sounds but musics in here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzxdxz2nomg
It's very similiar to my computer's file. I tried for 3 matches and found nothing wrong in graphics or SE despite of some unclean edges.

Hold SHIFT(by default) and select 式VS人間 can enter Computer VS Computer mode. Run in Command mode with the command -net can open a kalliera dialogue in the beginning so you can play it online with others in different places.

But, I am not suggesting you to play with it... You can put the pck files in Resource/ and replace '#'s in PACKAGE.table file to '-'s to load the packages of graphics or sounds. Try replace exe and dll files to the most recent version above. I am not sure if they can work though...

If you want to add default musics, find a program named thxxbgm. Export musics that are defined in MUSICDEFINE.table and add a Music folder in Resource/.

Hope that can help developers.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
I don't get it. It's apparently my computer that is causing the problem.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5121/hurfb.png

ughhhhhhhhhhhh
Horie dorie~

O.k. I tried you netplay thing with a friend...

and appearently it fails.
We tried several times to get it to run, most of the times it crashed and we only got it to work ONCE.
But then we realized that something was wrong, 2 Seconds delay in the input! I am not sure if it is because of the server or whatever, but it still happened.

It would be nice if you know a way how to fix that.

I don't get it. It's apparently my computer that is causing the problem.
I cannot get any info from this pic.. Did you download d3d9x_42.dll from microsoft?

O.k. I tried you netplay thing with a friend...
I tried within one router and tried once with others in China. The best way to get it connected is to setup a server by youself instead of link to public ones unless you can get a ping less than 20ms or those can provide P2P connection.
For the one started server, join 127.0.0.1. For the other one, join the server's IP and then create game.

However, the only thing I can say is it still requires 60FPS for network VS. The delay depends on your speed. I can do nothing because kaillera has only one function to transfer the data.
If someone can make a program like adonis for PoFV, that would be fixable. I know nothing about programming for transfering data through UDP. Sorry about that.

Play with AI or invite a friend to your home:-)