Author Topic: [fan game] ex Marisa (test only so far)  (Read 7889 times)

TuesdaySyn

[fan game] ex Marisa (test only so far)
« on: November 24, 2009, 02:14:45 PM »
(I'm not sure if here is the right subforum to post this, if it's not please move it to the right one, sorry~~)

The game is made by 隔壁的桌子 , thanks for the help from a few of other people.

1.First of all, basically it's a game made as a separate ex stage, and the boss is Marisa.

2. Game play
z to shot, x to release bomb, shift to focus, arrows to move, and also you can use wasd456 to play the game, just in case if you are left handed. Space to pause, esc to exit directly.

3.replay
Once you press esc to exit, a replay data will be created and saved as "replay~" under the rep folder.   If you want to watch a replay, just rename the file into "replay" and it will be automatically played once you start the game.

If you lose all your players, the game will end by it self and create a replay data.

4. fps etc.
We've found that if the game is run on some computers, the fps may go up to 75, or 80. The normal fps should be 60. We will get rid of this problem on the final version, sorry for that.
I've checked and make sure the game can be run on Chinese and English system, but not sure about the systems in other languages. If you can't run it on your computer please tell us.

game screen shot

Download: http://marisa-ex.googlecode.com/files/marisa-ex.rar

Thanks for playing! Any advice or suggestion is welcomed!

Drake

Re: [fan game] ex Marisa (test only so far)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »
This is some good stuff.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »
Makes me wonder on what engine this is based. It is not danmakufu as it comes with it's own exe file and you cannot even select any options and such.

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »
There should be a continue button for the people like me.

(And a link to how you made this)
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

TuesdaySyn

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 04:59:17 PM »
@Drake: Thank you! Hope you will enjoy it^-^

@Helepolis: The game maker(隔壁的桌子) wrote the engine on him own. The engine is based on C++ I believe.

@Chen the Formless God Worshipper: All right here is the original post: http://bbs.thproject.org/read.php?tid=70661&fpage=1&page=1
But it's all in Chinese so whatever...The game maker didn't talk too much about how he made this game. He's not good at English and that's why I'm here to post for him.
 To be honest I can't get through the game without 100 players as well, so I strongly recommend the 100 players patch XD. Here you go: http://bbs.thproject.org/read.php?tid=70661&page=3#24089998
Just klick the red "100 players" and extend it to the game folder. That should do.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:02:20 PM by TuesdaySyn »

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:31:19 PM »
Damn awesome.  I'm really a fan of the effects, and even though my keyboard sucks it seems to play really well.

Do you know if it's DirectX or OpenGL?

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 08:59:21 PM »
Heh, it's like an easy lunatic mode.

Verloren

• Servant for Life~
  • Touhou Sweets~
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »
I got all the way until what looked to be Orrieies sun or something... these ball things flew out, spiraled around a bit - I expected them to shoot things. Instead my last life was surprise killed by the galaxy of danmaku that suddenly shot our of Marisa. T_T

...on the plus side, I'm learning how to use bombs better.

TuesdaySyn

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 09:54:53 PM »
@Chunk: haha, yeah, the game is tough, eh?
             I'm pretty sure it's DirectX, but I will ask for you tomrrow just in case.
@Verloren: I have to say you are pretty good to get that far, usually I failed on her fourth SC...*pat*

TuesdaySyn

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 01:32:14 PM »
Now it's confirmed that the game was based on DirectX,he said it's hge...whatever.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 04:13:22 PM »
Man, I'd love Joypad support for this. Those were awesome patterns to play with, but I can't play for **** with the keyboard.

The cards need names too, so I can say things easier instead of "(the card where you have to go from outside the ring to inside whilst dodging loads of stars) was awesome".

Also, the card in the last screenshot up there...How the hell do you do that?  All I could see was lasers trapping me.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Verloren

• Servant for Life~
  • Touhou Sweets~
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 04:24:08 PM »
Also, the card in the last screenshot up there...How the hell do you do that?  All I could see was lasers trapping me.

Get on the right side of the lasers and they give you quite a lot of room.

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 06:42:28 PM »
Beat it (I think? There was no 10th boss spell) 0/1 after messing around with Joy2Key and trying a dozen or so times.

Everything about it is good *apart* from Marisa's second boss card. The Judgment-style laser spawns so fast that it's almost impossible to dodge by reflex, especially when you have the large number of star bullets around.

The first survival card is also a little too easy.
The second is not. I don't see me capturing that in the near future, that was *insane*.

Replay if anyone wants it: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dnzyky0odfm

Edit: Sorry, have to amend. Second survival card is pretty much BS. I eventually worked out that the "snake-trail" you leave behind is actually harmful, leaving you with practically no room to dodge the coloured lasers, the shrapnel from the snake-trail itself and not to mention the *biggest spark ever*, plus you can never stop, not even for a second, or you die to the snake-trail.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 11:38:10 PM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Verloren

• Servant for Life~
  • Touhou Sweets~
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 07:33:10 PM »
Uh... how do you watch the replay?

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 07:37:41 PM »
You take the "replay" file and put it into the folder called "Rep" in your game folder, replacing the file called "replay~". Start the .exe and the game runs the replay instead of you playing.
Quote from Myosotis:

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 09:54:07 PM »
Definitely needs some kind of 'Retry?' prompt instead of having to boot the game over and over again. An enemy locator at the bottom would also help a lot. I suck at it, but it's still fun as well.  :D

TuesdaySyn

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 04:02:30 AM »
@ Arcengal: You've beat it already? You are amazing! I will watch your replay tomrrow once I get the chance to play the game. Actually I've named all spell cards, you will see them in the final version^-^ (I will do my best to translate all of them into English...) Thank you so much, glad you enjoy it^0^ ( accroding to what the game maker told me, you should move as slowly as you can in the second survival card, never achieve that myself though)
@Benit149: You can always try the 100 players!:P

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 04:21:38 PM »
@Benit149: You can always try the 100 players!:P

I'm not quite sure what that is. I'm a total n00b when it comes to making Touhou games.

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »
Made it through 2/2, only four spells but no stupid deaths/deathbombs to non-cards this time.

I'm having fun with this.
Quote from Myosotis: