Author Topic: [Craft] Making a Patchouli based "Grimoire"  (Read 1635 times)

[Craft] Making a Patchouli based "Grimoire"
« on: February 17, 2011, 04:59:53 AM »
I recently came across this nice little handmade leather book with handmade paper and thought that this would be a fun and interesting way to pass some time and put off my music making for a while.

There are 160 pages that  I am planning t fill on Patchu's spell cards and "basic information" on the alchemical circles that might be used by Patchouli when she uses a spell card.   I'm going to using signs and symbols by the book, meaning that none of this will be "made up" and I will compile the information in the book and center it around her and her spell cards.

18 chapters in all for each "type" of spell card (e.g. Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Metal, etc.) and a few chapters before explaining what the signs and symbols mean and the "laws" of Patchouli's Circle would be. Specifically the alchemical symbol that floats behind her in EoSD, which represents the "divine mind"(a counterfeit of God's wisdom). Interestingly it also looks like the joined fire, water, air, and earth symbols combined...which makes sense in that the "divine mind" knows all and in alchemy, those four are everything... or so I think....

Anyway, I thought it would b ea fun project. Oh and to keep it "magical" I decided to keep it all in Theban.

I'll post pictures as I go.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:03:44 AM by tyvb »

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
Re: [Craft] Making a Patchouli based "Grimoire"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 06:21:49 AM »
Nice idea.  Keep me posted.  I wonder how the book actually look like in its original form?

Re: [Craft] Making a Patchouli based "Grimoire"
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:11:19 AM »
Here is how it looks before anything is done to it.