Author Topic: WELCOME TO ARSEHOLE TOUHOU.  (Read 19425 times)

AnonymousPondScum

WELCOME TO ARSEHOLE TOUHOU.
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
PLEASE ENJOY YOUR UNZAN FISTING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O_aQiKoe-RI

A.k.a. I Wanna Be The Touhou.

I love how it doesn't even permit Normal Mode.

Drake

Re: WELCOME TO ARSEHOLE TOUHOU.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:40:20 AM »
These are done by a guy named yuke. He's been doing these sorts of things for a while now. He's pretty good at it.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/21772560

EDIT: to be said, i watched this earlier today so

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »
oh god

the mid boss

Spoiler:
THE THREE MISCHIEVIOUS FAIRIES

my sides hurt right now

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »
dammit why does he and Jinx make stages of touhou games but never lets the public play them grrrrrrrrr

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 12:10:46 PM »
dammit why does he and Jinx make stages of touhou games but never lets the public play them grrrrrrrrr
According to one of the Youtube comments, copyright infringement.

Ran-Rii

• Regular at Patchouli's Library
  • In Patchouli's Library, reading books
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 02:08:41 PM »
Well, this Touhou looks good... only that when you realise the game humiliates you by giving you 10 points for each spellcard clear, and each shot landed on an enemy gives you 0.001 points, and your lives and spells are nullified. Also, when the game outright blatantly states that THEY DO NOT KNOW THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOU USED TO TAKE OUT THE SPELLCARD.

Also, when that 1 life-up KILLS YOU. That is undignified and underhanded, and certainly not fitting.

However, of praise is the revolutionary idea of actually fitting multiple bosses in one boss stage, and the final spell at the end was rather satisfying. Also, the way it requires you to focus on your fundamental strategies like streaming... but the way they set it up that you cannot blind-clear it [i.e. first run] is bad.

Fairies with Master Spark, Utsuho's nuclear blasts and stuff with mini-non-directional lasers? Good job.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 06:08:04 PM »
Well, this Touhou looks good... only that when you realise the game humiliates you by giving you 10 points for each spellcard clear, and each shot landed on an enemy gives you 0.001 points, and your lives and spells are nullified. Also, when the game outright blatantly states that THEY DO NOT KNOW THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOU USED TO TAKE OUT THE SPELLCARD.

Also, when that 1 life-up KILLS YOU. That is undignified and underhanded, and certainly not fitting.

However, of praise is the revolutionary idea of actually fitting multiple bosses in one boss stage, and the final spell at the end was rather satisfying. Also, the way it requires you to focus on your fundamental strategies like streaming... but the way they set it up that you cannot blind-clear it [i.e. first run] is bad.

Fairies with Master Spark, Utsuho's nuclear blasts and stuff with mini-non-directional lasers? Good job.
The 10pt spellcards  aren't very new. I think that's the bare mininum for spellcards, since I don't believe the point of these things is score. I think the multiple spellcards at once was a pretty cool idea, though.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 06:19:02 PM »
Yuke almost always uses 10 point spell cards, except when involving Cirno.

And yeah, I really wish he could release the All Star Medley, but it's too bad. We'll just have to recreate it on Danmakufu~.

Also, anyone paid attention to the death counter on the right? It was pretty frightening. (How do you even beat something like this?!)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 06:26:06 PM »
Wow, this guy is just blatant with breaking all kinds of copyright, isn't he?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »
In the end, he doesn't distribute anything, and cites everything. He also does most of it for humor purposes anyway. How many programmers HAVEN'T broken copyrights one way or another? (Danmakufu rippers included)

Although you have a point.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 06:50:57 PM »
Ha, yeah, not really mad about it or anything. Just noting that he's not even trying to hide it.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »

are you joking

please be joking

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
The exploding fairies just killed me. Thanks so much for posting this.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 12:27:23 AM »
The other projects are just as laughable, but are less painful to watch.

Ex: Extend warps away from you or suddenly turns left
Ex: After a few moments of Icicle Fall -Easy-, a massive wall of bullets annihilates the blind spot

And so on and so forth.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:31 AM »
This actually has a lot of really cool design ideas.

Master-Sparking fairies: could be really awesome if done well and shown that they're coming in advance.
NDL fairies: I liked that section.  Execution was a bit cheap but it could work.
Exploding fairies: Amazing idea, especially when it forced the player to kill the fairies.  Cheap execution, but the idea is sound.
"gravity field": ALL OF MY YES-that part was only a bit cheap because of the 1up.  Speaking of which...
Homing deadly 1UP: Cheap because you'd tihnk you'd want it, but the idea of a homing bullet following you around through a section is awesome.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other neat ideas in there, but overall this stage would be REALLY EPIC if it wasn't cheap as all hell.

edit: That said, I get that it's supposed to be cheap and is designed to be as such.  I don't have much else to say on that since it's pretty clearly cheap.

Drake

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 01:06:50 AM »
are you guys just missing the point entirely on purpose

(yes there's good design in it, yuke is a p smart guy)

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 02:57:09 AM »
lol at some of the reactions here

Anyway, love the relatively-fast pacing of stage, despite the "cheap" memorization required.

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 05:56:59 AM »
That was pretty hilarious. I completely lost it at the beginning and start of the boss fight.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 02:37:45 PM »
The stage, the midboss, and the boss, and many others, it's very well made, very well designed, and lives up to it's Japanese title by a lot.
By the way, I really liked the 'I wouldn't like this kind of Touhou' videos in the playlist.(very liberal translation)

Does this person use ZUN's engine, or is the engine completely self-made?
Is this person different from the person who made the th12 Sakuya video?
Signature

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
All this trolling.

I can't.

BTW, about those fairies carrying energy walls... does the empty space they cross kill you, requiring you to hide in the blue bubbles?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »
I think they push you into the blue bubbles, and since you have the 1up chasing you, you need to move to a space far away from you.

Drake

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »
Does this person use ZUN's engine, or is the engine completely self-made?
Is this person different from the person who made the th12 Sakuya video?
Very likely self-made, noticing the rendering differences, not counting graze and spell times, stuff like that.
Different; plus TH12 Sakuya was movie magic iirc, not playable.

Whether the fairies pushed you or not doesn't really matter, but killing instead of pushing would be better, and the very minimal vertical movement he made the first two times makes it likely he was concentrated more on getting away, so I'd bet they killed.

Nevindar

• Wandering Tourist
  • ... what do we have over here?
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »
That was really cool. And here I thought Lunatic runs where amazing.
The end boss patterns looks really good and I like the way the very last stage was handled.

This really feels like Touhou in the spirit of IWBTG.

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
Should have known someone would talk about that here...

The killer 1-up thing was pretty silly. If it was made the 1-up came to you quickly if you were past the point of collect, it would have been more amusing.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »
Needed point items that would kill you too.

That would also add an additional layer of difficulty. !!!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 09:22:46 PM »
From what I know, he has successfully hacked every Touhou game, and, for his major projects, uses a special hack of Fairy Wars that he has altered to add all kinds of extra functionality. The engine he used for this was most likely a version on his Fairy Wars hack.

Drake

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 11:21:24 PM »
From what I know, he has successfully hacked every Touhou game, and, for his major projects, uses a special hack of Fairy Wars that he has altered to add all kinds of extra functionality. The engine he used for this was most likely a version on his Fairy Wars hack.
Source please. All the little missing details and changes in basically every video point towards an original engine.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 01:26:22 AM »
Those videos are also done by the enigmatic person only known as yuke, and it was what I meant about the 'I wouldn't like this kind of Touhou' videos.

Still very hilarious.
Signature

Drake

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 01:49:25 AM »
But that's what I mean. His Mylist was even in my first post, stating he was yuke and that I'm familiar with his videos. Do you have any reason to believe they are hacks, Sparen? I certainly have reason to believe otherwise.