Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now V - "Ah ha ha...I have killed a lot of people."  (Read 175434 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
I just love getting juggled by constant thrown daggers while getting alternately shot at, punched, slashed at, and stabbed if I decide to activate Malice Mode against the true final boss of the Rebirth chapter. What the actual fuck, Alvion? Considering there's an achievement for the (relatively simple) task of killing it without resorting to Malice Mode, shouldn't it be easier?

Also, even though you guys are the developers, killing the Reborn Malicious in five minutes in a form that has reduced attack power compared to default is really demoralizing.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
I'm playing Beyond Two Souls.  It's something I'm going into completely blind, except for the little tidbits I saw when my roommate was playing it (it's his game, he got it on release.)  I never wanted to kill a group of teenagers as bad as I did.  Especially the girl with the glasses.  But no, I decided against it.  Aiden is only for
Spoiler:
escaping SWAT and getting cookies from off the refrigerator
.  And she's a badass,
Spoiler:
taking out an entire police force, by herself, on top of a train, and it was raining.
  Girl's after my own heart.

Almost done with my "No Heart Pieces/Containers" run of the Zelda Oracle games (I'm playing Seasons as a practice run for my "real" game, but I know what I need to do where and Gleeok isn't as threatening as I thought he would be, though I will need the Quicksand Ring for Manhandla)
The ultimate joke would be making Wriggle an EX Boss, but there being a game-breaking bug in her final spellcard that made it impossible to catch.

Think about it for a second...

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Tetrobot & Co., the sequel to Blocks That Matter.

It's a little different but still absolutely brilliant.  It's also unfortunately still a little buggy - they gave an undo feature which is super important but sometimes it... does things.  Like accidentally break collision detection or spontaneously cause enemies to explode and you're just like "??????"

super fun though and a really, really cleverly designed puzzle game in all aspects.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins

Now you may call me Reimu "Kiss My Shiny Sweet Hitbox" Hakurei of Unreal.
:justasplanned:

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

The Mad Queen is surprisingly tsundere (don't tell her that or I'm likely to get stabbed by Bloodfall... again) for boss 4 of 5. Takes forever to get something going against her, but when it happens, I somehow manage a very rare full-S rank. It's a damn good thing Rebirth made her shield tell more obvious.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
The Stanley Parable

One word:
Spoiler:
what

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Xenoblade is really securing itself as one of my favorite JRPGs of all time. It's a genre I've been playing since the first Final Fantasy, too. Sidequests are paying dividends, and the affinity system goes from useless to greatly beneficial behind your back. Also, Dunban has more charisma than a rotten politician who looks like Narcissus, and manages to have it while being an unrepentantly good guy.
The Stanley Parable

One word:
Spoiler:
what
I'm getting curiouser and curiouser the more I hear about this.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
The Stanley Parable

One word:
Spoiler:
what
Be sure to get all endings. Don't stop after a chapter when you have a whole novel ahead.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
I'm getting curiouser and curiouser the more I hear about this.
It's a first-person exploration game with only the simplest interaction and divergent choices that are very simple and forward, but every playthrough's a little unique and there's an absolutely hilarious and fantastic narration covering everything you do like why the hell are you still standing in the broom closet, listen, I could understand why you came in here if I'd said something like "oh, he ignored the broom closet and opened the door", because you'd be searching for secrets, but no, you just decided on your own.  There isn't even anything interactable in here.  Why are you here?

It's got a bit of 'underlying meaning' under all the humour but it's also a hilarious and entertaining ride even if you're not the type to dig into games for meaning and such.

You can always find a gameplay video or something and watch up to one of the endings (there's a lot) to decide if you like what you see. 

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
So, uh, Ace Attorney 5 is basically everything I've ever wanted.

It's so, so good to be back.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
So, uh, Ace Attorney 5 is basically everything I've ever wanted.

It's so, so good to be back.
This too.

I didn't expect to love Athena half as much as I do but she is totally welcome to stay in the series.  assuming capcom doesn't crash and burn first but even if they did I bet Level-5'd pick up PW

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I am playing Pokemon Green. yes, the fabled Japanese-only Generation 1 game.
It's nothing special. it's just an uglier, glitchier, and shittier version of Pokemon Blue (J)/the western releases of the games. For instance: Tackle feels like it has 70% accuracy, Disable almost froze my game once, the textboxes for when your Pokemon learns a new move stop after "Which move shall be forgotten?" meaning that you can accidentaly delete your Pokemon's first move (I accidentaly deleted my Butterfree's Confusion this way, so it won't have any decent moves up until Level 32, yay...) and yes, there's the elephant in the room, THE SPRITES ARE TERRIBLE. Okay, some of them are. The majority of them, actually But some of them like Blastoise, Clefable, Meowth, Rattata, Pikachu, Magikarp, Gyarados, Hitmonlee and Porygon do look better than the American Red and Blue ones.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
Been playing the eXceed games off and on.  I'm way out of practice with SHMUPs.  But even still, I don't think the last two bosses of the first game are even possible to not die against.  I mean hell even on easy with auto bomb I still continued twice against them.  I mean for the second to last boss I came out and bombed before I could even do anything.  The second game is a lot better though.  More fun too and the soundtrack kicks ass.  Especially Chinatsu's boss theme.

Reddyne

This week's Humble Weekly Sale features none other than Team 17's Worms series. By yourself, the games are a way to pass the time by yourself at best. With friends, it becomes far, far better.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
This week's Humble Weekly Sale features none other than Team 17's Worms series. By yourself, the games are a way to pass the time by yourself at best. With friends, it becomes far, far better.
wait a second
is that the GOOD Worms Armageddon?

oooooooooh I think I'm going to have to get my hands on this

Reddyne

I should just dump this in the sales thread, all things considered. The two coincide this time around.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

So I picked up Mana Khemia 2 again after a period of regretting selling it so long ago. I really hope they do include a PS3-make of it for Atelier Escha & Logy.

Typing of the Dead: Overkill's final boss is... underwhelming. Type whatever you want, doesn't matter if you make words, strings of two letters, or just mash the spacebar. Having a style like the original TOTD would have made it so much better.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:57:05 AM by Purple Heart »

Move eternally forward,

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
I finished Ace Attourney 5

Spoiler:
Let's face it: Nobody expected that.  NOBODY.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
Back to Etrian Odyssey IV after getting distracted with SMTIV and Pok?mon X and Y.  Forgot how much I love the town theme and the battle theme and FOE battle theme.  Also, fuck you kangaroos. 

Nihilanth

• Nyaa~ like no tomorrow.
Typing of the Dead: Overkill's final boss is... underwhelming. Type whatever you want, doesn't matter if you make words, strings of two letters, or just mash the spacebar. Having a style like the original TOTD would have made it so much better.

Wait wait wait . . . Typing of the Dead Overkill?! How the hell did I miss this? How is it compared to the original TOTD?

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Wait wait wait . . . Typing of the Dead Overkill?! How the hell did I miss this? How is it compared to the original TOTD?
I hope it still has Washington say fuck every 3 words.

Still working on clearing Linked Oracle of Seasons with only Four Hearts. Also picked up Baldur's Gate again. Can't wait for the patch to hit steam.
The ultimate joke would be making Wriggle an EX Boss, but there being a game-breaking bug in her final spellcard that made it impossible to catch.

Think about it for a second...

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Disclaimer: I only know about the original TOTD through Awesome Games Done Quick.

Overkill feels significantly easier, at least in normal mode. Difficulty does not seem to be dynamic (which is a shame). It uses the Extended Cut version of Overkill, but does not censor the curses at all. By the way, the game also has the original HOTD:O mode available!

Move eternally forward,

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Disclaimer: I only know about the original TOTD through Awesome Games Done Quick.

Overkill feels significantly easier, at least in normal mode. Difficulty does not seem to be dynamic (which is a shame). It uses the Extended Cut version of Overkill, but does not censor the curses at all. By the way, the game also has the original HOTD:O mode available!
Well, that's something fun for me to play to forget the fact that I just got friendzoned!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
I'm at the third map in Etrian Odyssey IV.  And I'm wondering when I get the sub-classes, cause I would really like an Arcanist on my team, but I don't want to get rid of anyone.  The person I'd replace would be my Nightseeker and that wouldn't work, cause my Nightseeker is the whole reason I want an Arcanist.  That part at the end of the second map with the guest Arcanist was awesome.  She and my Nightseeker just synced and that was the first time since the start of the game anyone came close to my Runemaster's damage.  I mean she was still outdamaging by like 50 points, but it was the closest it's been.

theshirn

I'm at the third map in Etrian Odyssey IV.  And I'm wondering when I get the sub-classes, cause I would really like an Arcanist on my team, but I don't want to get rid of anyone.  The person I'd replace would be my Nightseeker and that wouldn't work, cause my Nightseeker is the whole reason I want an Arcanist.  That part at the end of the second map with the guest Arcanist was awesome.  She and my Nightseeker just synced and that was the first time since the start of the game anyone came close to my Runemaster's damage.  I mean she was still outdamaging by like 50 points, but it was the closest it's been.
Second floor of the maze, about halfway through.  Subclassing is awesome and opens up a lot of cool stuff.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
After failing to find a used copy for my new 2DS; I am currently downloading Fire Emblem: Awakening from the E-Shop.

This will be amusing; since aside from a small part of FE: Rekka no Ken; I have NEVER played Fire Emblem before.

So yeah.

I've wanted to get into FE for a while; what being a permadeath tactics thing; and me being a Nuzlocker [Which means I am highly resistant to resetting to keep things alive through bs] but NO EXPORT FOR YOU and such; and then not having a 3DS. But I've long since missed the Awakening Train that was in these forums a few years ago.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:36:59 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

theshirn

After failing to find a used copy for my new 2DS; I am currently downloading Fire Emblem: Awakening from the E-Shop.

This will be amusing; since aside from a small part of FE: Rekka no Ken; I have NEVER played Fire Emblem before.

So yeah.

I've wanted to get into FE for a while; what being a permadeath tactics thing; and me being a Nuzlocker [Which means I am highly resistant to resetting to keep things alive through bs] but NO EXPORT FOR YOU and such; and then not having a 3DS. But I've long since missed the Awakening Train that was in these forums a few years ago.
Months.  The game's only been out since February. :V

Also I will talk about this game for literal hours at a time so if you have any questions whatsoever ask ask ask ask ask

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
February? I guess the 2012 date I saw was Japan :V Herpdeederp.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.