Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XI: ARAM is making my rank decay :(  (Read 189578 times)

Re: League of Legends Thread XI: ARAM is making my rank decay :(
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2013, 04:55:30 PM »
There are characters with high sustain

There was pre nerf AP Trynd

And then... there is Aartrox

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2013, 05:13:04 PM »
How the hell does he have so much max HP early on? O_O

Edit: Oh wait, lv7. Thought it was lv1 from the Doran's and empty mid :<

And...that's a lot of heals =o AFAIK only his W has LS, how did he heal so much?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:27:05 PM by Raitaki »
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2013, 05:50:39 PM »
There are characters with high sustain

There was pre nerf AP Trynd

And then... there is Aartrox

That's a spellvamp bug actually.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »
That's a spellvamp bug actually.
more like

he's a spellvamp bug

:comedycentral:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2013, 11:38:37 AM »
Hmm...I can't find the instructions for how people do that auto-attack cancelling thing. Like they hit A to attack. It seemed confusing to me.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 11:46:26 AM »
You press A and then you left-click on the ground, you're going to move there and automatically attack any enemy that comes your way, it's called "Attack-Move"

There's a variation, called "Attack-Move Click" which is basically the smartcast version. I tried using it but I just rather click on the ground, click on the enemy and repeat.

The only real reason why I think anyone would actually use Attack-Move is to avoid enemy juking.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »
Attack-Move can also be used for kiting or chasing. You automatically attack again as soon as your AS is up. If you know when you can A-Move again within your attack animation without canceling the damage, you can kite/chase a lot more effectively when you automatically attack again as soon as you can.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
Hokays so I have ~3300 IP right now.  Which do I choose to get me closer to my goal of not being useless in ranked?

A) Sona
B) Janna + hybrid pen rune(s?) for my Suppordle page (how does spellcheck not yell at me for that one?)
C) All of the remainder of my hybrid pen runes

Also what exactly is this "blue Ezreal" thing we are now seeing?  I was paired with one yesterday he told us in the pregame chat, and like he was building tear of the goddess and sheen and lucidity boots (!?!?) during the laning phase instead of stuff that, you know, does more than tickle the other ADC and was straight up auto attacking the minions to push to the tower the whole time.  Had a long sword or two, I just remember seeing those three things and nothing else that had much attack damage on it and man did it show.

I mean the team as a whole wasn't doing great across the board that game, and I guess he was pumping out a more respectable amount of damage after he did go and build some AD things but I somehow don't think the other 4 people were the "noobs gonna force [him] into noob tier" after placements.  What is this build supposed to do/be in theory, cause this guy sure missed the mark.

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »
Hokays so I have ~3300 IP right now.  Which do I choose to get me closer to my goal of not being useless in ranked?

A) Sona
B) Janna + hybrid pen rune(s?) for my Suppordle page (how does spellcheck not yell at me for that one?)
C) All of the remainder of my hybrid pen runes

Also what exactly is this "blue Ezreal" thing we are now seeing?  I was paired with one yesterday he told us in the pregame chat, and like he was building tear of the goddess and sheen and lucidity boots (!?!?) during the laning phase instead of stuff that, you know, does more than tickle the other ADC and was straight up auto attacking the minions to push to the tower the whole time.  Had a long sword or two, I just remember seeing those three things and nothing else that had much attack damage on it and man did it show.

I mean the team as a whole wasn't doing great across the board that game, and I guess he was pumping out a more respectable amount of damage after he did go and build some AD things but I somehow don't think the other 4 people were the "noobs gonna force [him] into noob tier" after placements.  What is this build supposed to do/be in theory, cause this guy sure missed the mark.
manamune + spirit of the lizard elder +iceborn gauntlet
right?

so max CDR, some nasty on-hit and tons of mana (also giving you more attack) to spam that on hit .
Build won't do much until at least one of those core items is done, and you have to get a tear so will fall behind in early mid-game.

triangles

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2013, 09:55:33 PM »
He had the first two at the end + BORK BORK but not the last one.  Ez was definitely doing peanuts for damage for the first half of it so pair that with me losing The War Of Pinks - on that note I don't get why people are all "lol bronze they don't know what wards are" I've never had pinking battles until I started my ranked placements - and an enemy Fizz that mopped the floor with our midlaner and thus joined their jungler for ganks and we had a baaaad time :(

Yeah, I can see how it could be a mid-late game truck of pain but you have to get to that part first  :ohdear: 

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2013, 10:10:22 PM »
He had the first two at the end + BORK BORK but not the last one.  Ez was definitely doing peanuts for damage for the first half of it so pair that with me losing The War Of Pinks - on that note I don't get why people are all "lol bronze they don't know what wards are" I've never had pinking battles until I started my ranked placements - and an enemy Fizz that mopped the floor with our midlaner and thus joined their jungler for ganks and we had a baaaad time :(

Yeah, I can see how it could be a mid-late game truck of pain but you have to get to that part first  :ohdear:
Never had a match (in Bronze V) where supports didn't ward properly (unless they'd been forced into that role, or think they're an AP carry), where they buy them and don't actually place the damn things.

This is why you call support.

You get more problems with players not getting that you need backup to place them in the late game and that junglers (at least) should be warding too.
Pinks are rare though, except to counter stealth champions. Supports still need to build their other items, especially if the game drags out. Which happens a lot, bronze people struggle closing out games.

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2013, 11:19:57 PM »
Most the people that hate on bronze league are posting from smuf accounts. So you know right where they stand.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »
guis guis what if we made an MoTK ranked team :V
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »
Most people I see rush the lizard Elder though, and get the tear later, so that way, they can actually do damage. I need to convince myself to ranked. I don't feel comfortable in my farming skills at all(on, people I like farming with, i get 70 CS in 10 min uncontested, with people like Rumble and Jayce, I get 50-60.)

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »
guis guis what if we made an MoTK ranked team :V
(One of) the problem(s) with that is that like half the people here seem to main support  :flamingv:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2013, 09:35:24 PM »
(One of) the problem(s) with that is that like half the people here seem to main support  :flamingv:
Solution: Rotate first picker so that the person who has the fewest games played as first pick gets first pick, then everyone else gets roles strictly based on pick order. Only swap champs, no swapping roles. By season 4 we'll all be ultimate all-rounders C:<

triangles

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2013, 10:34:31 PM »
Yo I can't help it if Lulu is the best character and I just want to turn people into cupcakes all day  :colbert:

But for realsies, I definitely wouldn't mind working on my ADC or jungle game in a setting where my teammates won't yell at me, and my husband does a lot of mid/top and I'd be all for a team!
Guess I better finish my placements mighty fast then :V

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
and what is wrong with 5 supports :P, it's practically how LCS teams start the match, wards everywhere. The chain-stuns, man the chain-stuns.

Screw the meta. (I still want to try out the duo jungle comp)

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2013, 10:44:50 PM »
and what is wrong with 5 supports :P, it's practically how LCS teams start the match, wards everywhere. The chain-stuns, man the chain-stuns.

Screw the meta. (I still want to try out the duo jungle comp)
I think me and mah friends tried that once. Think it was Lee + Jarvan jung.
We failed even though enemy team had no jungler. :V

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2013, 11:32:42 PM »
I just say ill fill, which tends to mean supporting a bit. That said, I have I'm comfortable with in all lanes. a bigger obstacle is that we are already apart of other groups.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2013, 11:39:34 PM »
Considering I can do all roles at least consistently (Weakness being jungle) I wouldn't mind doing a MotK team.

Problem is, I play in the BR server. :V

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2013, 12:02:00 AM »
Considering I can do all roles at least consistently (Weakness being jungle) I wouldn't mind doing a MotK team.

Problem is, I play in the BR server. :V

You can always make an na alt. I know quite a few people do it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »
(I still want to try out the duo jungle comp)

should i list the multitudes of reasons why this comp is incredibly high risk and mostly ineffectual

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2013, 12:35:49 AM »
You can always make an na alt. I know quite a few people do it.

Problem is, I'm too used to green ping. If I play on NA my performance will drop considerably.

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2013, 01:52:11 AM »
Played ranked all day, went up 4lp. My eyes hurt.

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2013, 02:07:57 AM »
should i list the multitudes of reasons why this comp is incredibly high risk and mostly ineffectual
it needs your adc to be able to hold a lane 1v2 (or even 1v3), at lvl 1.
your junglers will each have less gold than a solo one would.
one jungler has to not need the blue buff early game
both must be able to gank at lvl 2

on the other hand
it is more gold efficient (all kills should be assisted anyway, so that 10 gold per smite and counter jungle gold adds up)
should put their jungler at a huge disadvantage compared to normal due to tons of counter jungle
very few champs can handle 3v1s  early game, their being slightly out of position will result in them feeding you.
your carry will out level their opponents
huge map awareness advantage, you force additional warding and need less yourself

Still sounds fun.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2013, 02:32:18 AM »

WELCOME TO HOOK CITY

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2013, 08:20:43 AM »
*Wakes up*
*9am*
*Sees All-Star is on*
*Sees EU is down 1 game against NA*

So not only are they having to deal with the language barriers but they're also playing since like 8AM GMT[EDIT: +1, forgot daylight savings]? [Probobly 9~10am their local times so it's not *as* bad as if they were UK admittedly.

Swear this thing is set up in a way to make EU as much at a disadvantage as possible.

Don't know what happened Game 1 though.

Commentators: *Gambit... I mean EU LCS*

===
EDIT: Oh LORD EDWard and Yellowpete played awfully. I only saw game 2, but let's see...

1: Just before the first inhib fell and then SoaZ and Alex did their hero play, when Requiem was falling down: EDWard had ult. No-one else was in danger except Diamondprox. EDWard was there, in range. He had mana.

He. Didn't. Ult. Diamondprox.
He. Let. Diamondprox. Die.

If Diamond hadn't have died, regardless of EDWard getting hooked afterwards and also dying [And then Yellow also getting caught], I highly doubt NA would have pushed that hard and taken that much if Diamond was alive, or even chased at all. Especially since Homeguard was a factor. [And if they DID push and Diamond was still alive, instead of taking an Inhib as a counter, it would have been game] And especially since Depth Charge, Requiem, Trueshot Barrage and The Box were all used. [Not sure if Dominus was used, didn't look]

Just to stress how stupid this error is, even a under level 30 player knows if you have a heal, and your ally is about to die from a Karthus Ult... YOU HEAL THE ALLY.

He didn't even self-ult when he got caught to buy some time with the knockup either. Which lead to them being able to catch Yellowpete too. He died with his Ultimate still up.

2: Yellowpete farming botlane alone. He is farming ahead of his minion line, in fact, behind the enemy minion line. Needless to say, he gets hooked and dies. Isn't it like Rule #1 against hooks to keep minions between you and the hook? It wasn't even a hook from the brush either, but Yellow didn't even react.

3: Yellowpete and Ed go to ward[?] the enemy jungle. There is no vision. Yellowpete walks in front of Edward, and therefor walks right into a Nautilus hook, getting them both killed [Whereas if EDward was in front he would have been hooked, and Yellow could have ulted and got away whie Lulu held them up], and costing EU a Baron.

Why send the ADC to facecheck when the support is right behind him <_<

4: Final teamfight. Scarra is dead. Alex Ich not reacting to Doublelift jumping over the blue golem wall? Fine. He can't follow him anyway, and he's holding off everyone else.

Meanwhile, Yellowpete is at the blue side's golem/baron enterence. He could have easily turned around and killed Doublelift, Doublelift would have easily lost against Yellowpete's build, simply because of the difference in AA damage.

What does Yellowpete do instead? Starts hitting Dyrus and Saint. Who are both pure tank. They're not even on him, the other four are keeping them off. Scarra is already dead.

While Doublelift decides to start hitting Yellowpete. Yellowpete doesn't even react until he's at about 200 HP, Doublelift has lifestealed back his 35% HP Alex Ich got from him, gets off one shot, and then gets into his GA. Que Doublelift Penta. It's not like Yellowpete wasn't in range to retaliate against Ezreal beating on him. Varus HAS MORE RANGE.

Seriously. Yellowpete and EDWard played awfully. In all honesty, I wouldn't have made half the mistakes EDWard did that game. And I know he can do better. I'VE PLAYED AGAINST HIM AND GOT MY REAR HANDED TO ME. I'm not a better player than him, but I can honestly say he played so badly that I wouldn't have made some of the errors he did. [Although if I wouldn't have made other errors is another story]

Also these are just the mistakes that stand out in my mind after a good 2~3 hours later. I'm sure there were others as well.

===

On the other hand, props to Alex Ich. Family Committments eat into practise and all, while being camped, and while still making plays and making Scarra look bad. SoaZ also did well, just the 'ol Dyrus case. He'll get flak because he didn't 'carry the team' or make awesome plays, but he wasn't bad. He did what he needed to, and was consistent.

[Seriously I find it hilarious when people blame Dyrus for TSM's losses. TSM was bad before Dyrus, then they won everything. Dyrus isn't the playmaker, that's Oddone, Dyrus isn't the carry, that's Regi and Wildturtle. Dyrus plays the tanks and isn't a gloryhog. He does what he does. Like Chaox.]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:57:06 AM by Raikaria »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2013, 03:06:15 PM »
speaking of ranked teams a sorta motk affiliated team won a small 8 team tourney recently for 30 riot bucks and the tourney skin.
yay rikter/ace-royale/panda/drrawr/joe
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
speaking of ranked teams a sorta motk affiliated team won a small 8 team tourney recently for 30 riot bucks and the tourney skin.
yay rikter/ace-royale/panda/drrawr/joe

Cool.

I wish I had a ranked team. [Well, I had one for 1 game but then the other 4 went 'Yeeeah no'. I only knew one of the guys] Unfortunately I don't know enough peoples.