Author Topic: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - Less than a week till release  (Read 191306 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - Less than a week till release
« Reply #810 on: October 08, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
Add 10% to 100 and you get 110. Subtract 10% from 110 and you get 99. Likewise, subtract 10% and add 10% to 100 to go to 90 to 99. So it "evens out" but not to "nothing" as the stat has changed from 100 to 99 for both.

Does that apply with Pokemon's stat categories? Does raising critical hit ratio by one stage and then later decreasing it by one stage produce the same result? If I Knock Off a Farfetch'd's Stick does it actually have a lower critical hit rate than if it had never had the Stick at all? I just tried to do the calculation and my brain was like "nope, no math for you" and I gave up. :derp:
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #811 on: October 08, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »
Does that apply with Pokemon's stat categories? Does raising critical hit ratio by one stage and then later decreasing it by one stage produce the same result? If I Knock Off a Farfetch'd's Stick does it actually have a lower critical hit rate than if it had never had the Stick at all? I just tried to do the calculation and my brain was like "nope, no math for you" and I gave up. :derp:
I think the bonuses are fixed so when you drop from, say, +2 to +1, you drop back to 150% from 200% (by losing 25%). So yeah, no shenanigans there.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #812 on: October 08, 2013, 07:51:04 PM »
I think the bonuses are fixed so when you drop from, say, +2 to +1, you drop back to 150% from 200% (by losing 25%). So yeah, no shenanigans there.

Well, if that's the case then the bonus could negate itself in PVP battles by giving +1 category to you and -1 category for your opponent (assuming you both bothered to pick up the bonus in the first place). Again, not saying it does do that, but that would be a way to neutralize the bonus for competitive play. I'm trying to think of situations where that wouldn't be a net zero, and I can't think of any.

And frankly I wouldn't mind confirmation to my paranoid theory that the AI gets like +4 stages to critical ration in generation five...[/size=1]

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #813 on: October 08, 2013, 10:21:32 PM »
In battle stat boosts work on a -6 +6 scale [With the exception of Crit which is 1 to 5, 6 only being obtainable by using the sure-crit moves] with corresponding changes in the stat value. Natures change the base value of the stat, by 10%. [So you have the stat, and then add or subtract 10%.]

So if you knock off a Stick from a Farfetch'd, it goes from Stage 2 Crit to Stage 0.

I can't recall if the 10% from Nature is before or after EV's.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #814 on: October 08, 2013, 10:39:48 PM »
im pretty sure it's after

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #815 on: October 08, 2013, 11:23:04 PM »
im pretty sure it's after

Almost positive it's after. I've been assuming it is when I EV things at any rate, and I think it would cause some speed problems for some of my doubles and triples teams if I was wrong.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #816 on: October 09, 2013, 05:26:08 AM »
It's before EVs.

A Timid Kingdra with 0 Speed EVs has 226 Speed while a Jolly Mamoswine with 0 Speed EVs has 215 Speed. The difference is 11 points.
A Timid Kingdra with 252 speed EVs has 295 Speed while a Jolly Mamoswine with 252 Speed EVs has 284 Speed. The difference is still 11 points. Not, say, 11*(11/10)~12 points.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #817 on: October 09, 2013, 07:42:10 AM »
It's before EVs.

A Timid Kingdra with 0 Speed EVs has 226 Speed while a Jolly Mamoswine with 0 Speed EVs has 215 Speed. The difference is 11 points.
A Timid Kingdra with 252 speed EVs has 295 Speed while a Jolly Mamoswine with 252 Speed EVs has 284 Speed. The difference is still 11 points. Not, say, 11*(11/10)~12 points.

the stat formula is

Code: [Select]
(( 2(base.stat) + IV + (EV / 4) * Level) / 100 ) + 5 ) * nature.modifier

Where nature modifier is 1.10 or 1.00 or 0.90

So you're wrong, it's after EVs ;)

e:

Timid Kingdra 31 Spe IV, 0 EVs
(( 2(85) + 31 + 0 ) * 100 ) / 100 + 5) * 1.1
(20100 / 100) + 5 * 1.1
201 + 5 * 1.1
206 * 1.1 = 226 (trunc)

Timid Mamoswine 31 Spe IV, 0 EVs
(( 2(80) + 31 + 0 ) * 100 ) / 100 + 5) * 1.1
191 + 5 * 1.1
196 * 1.1 = 215 (trunc)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:46:50 AM by Kawamura`Reo »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #818 on: October 09, 2013, 07:47:11 AM »
Yeah, nevermind, I'm an idiot, that's not how you check it. I had to compare neutral 252 to +nature 252. For instance:

Timid Electrode with 252 Speed EVs gets 416 Speed. The same Electrode with 0 Speed EVs gets 347 Speed. [69 point difference]
Serious Electrode with 252 Speed EVs gets 379 Speed. The same Electrode with 0 Speed EVs gets 316 Speed. [63 point difference]

You usually get a 63 point bonus but with +nature you get 63*(11/10)~69. Problem solved.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:56:16 AM by BT »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #819 on: October 09, 2013, 07:48:02 AM »
You probably meant (EV / 4) or else that makes no sense. Anyway, duped by simulators. <_< I guess it wasn't a big enough margin.

yep, EV / 4. Point is natures are the final multiplier after the base stat is calculated, if the nature is neutral then the stat remains unchanged.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #820 on: October 09, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »
This may be useful:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20131012T12&p0=179&msg=Pokemon+X+and+Y+

For me I'm pretty sure I have to add 3~5 days delivery, but IDK how delivery timers work for pre-orders. Especially when retailers get the copies early anyway. I'm not sure if they send it out 3 days BEFORE release, so it arrives on release or what @_@.

Also:

X or Y? The time has come for the decisions, methinks.

I'm going Y because I expect most to go X after 'OMG DRAGONZARD'
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:40:50 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #821 on: October 09, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »
If I bought the games I would go for Y. Yvetal's badass as fuck and Xerneas is sheep. (I don't mull over these decisions that much)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #822 on: October 09, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »
If I bought the games I would go for Y. Yvetal's badass as fuck and Xerneas is sheep. (I don't mull over these decisions that much)

Xerneas being sheep is why I would get X :colbert:

I expect most to go Y after 'OMG YVELTAL SO STRONK'

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #823 on: October 09, 2013, 01:01:12 PM »
This may be useful:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20131012T12&p0=179&msg=Pokemon+X+and+Y+

For me I'm pretty sure I have to add 3~5 days delivery, but IDK how delivery timers work for pre-orders. Especially when retailers get the copies early anyway. I'm not sure if they send it out 3 days BEFORE release, so it arrives on release or what @_@.

Also:

X or Y? The time has come for the decisions, methinks.

Depending on who you order from it's not uncommon to get your preorder day of release or even early. If you haven't ordered yet it might be late for that, but maybe not. Amazon is seemingly impossibly fast sometimes.

Agreed, and I tend to go for the one that comes second in the name because other people I know tend to get the first one. I know that's the case this time.

I expect most to go Y after 'OMG YVELTAL SO STRONK'

Does anyone actually use their mascot legendaries for anything?

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #824 on: October 09, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
Does anyone actually use their mascot legendaries for anything?
For battle, of course :P

I mean, I don't play competitively, I don't even understand anything about the metagame (EVs what the fuck is that). The legendaries are cool and they are strong enough to help against the npcs. That's all that matters to me~
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #825 on: October 09, 2013, 01:23:22 PM »
For battle, of course :P

I mean, I don't play competitively, I don't even understand anything about the metagame (EVs what the fuck is that). The legendaries are cool and they are strong enough to help against the npcs. That's all that matters to me~

Even in-game by the time any are available I'm always like "Nope, not willing to cut anyone from the party to fit you in. Live in a box forever, Zekrom." Occasionally some of the trio legendaries appear early enough (I think in Black/White 2 a couple of the Musketeers are well within the first half of the game), but the version exclusives are always too late, at least for me.

« Reply #826 on: October 09, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »
I collect them all in one box

But now there's too many of them so they take up 2 boxes

also 3 days left

threee

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #827 on: October 09, 2013, 01:36:37 PM »
Even in-game by the time any are available I'm always like "Nope, not willing to cut anyone from the party to fit you in. Live in a box forever, Zekrom." Occasionally some of the trio legendaries appear early enough (I think in Black/White 2 a couple of the Musketeers are well within the first half of the game), but the version exclusives are always too late, at least for me.
I for one think they're too cool to leave boxed. My team always end up being my starter, all legendaries avaliable, and if there's some space left, any other Pokemon I like. Building balanced/effective teams is not really something I care about, and the games tend to be lenient enough to allow my ragtag bunch to win.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Keegster2

• Green shroom
  • The guy that was dead for like 5 years
Re: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - 3 days till release
« Reply #828 on: October 09, 2013, 09:59:42 PM »
My teams is most of the time my starter, the version mascot, a Pok?mon that can use Fly, some more HM slaves (I rarely use them, even after B/Ws Exp. Mechanic) and then some random 'Mon that changes through most of the game.
"I'll give you old-timey, you mountebank!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #829 on: October 09, 2013, 10:45:38 PM »
Good news everyone!

Apparently Drought/Drizzle/Sand Stream/Snow Warning only last 5 turns now!

10 if you're holding the rock.

Looks like Gen 6 won't be 'How many things do we have to ban before rain is balanced?'

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #830 on: October 09, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »
Dark Void still needs a nerf, as it's one of two moves currently banned, the other being Sky Drop because glitch, which I hope has been fixed now. I mean, Darkrai is not that bad if he can't use Dark Void because his defense stats are so low, only stats he's good at are Sp. Attack and Speed. If they nerfed Dark Void in this gen I will be very happy. (even though I trained up a Darkrai myself :V)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #831 on: October 09, 2013, 10:56:21 PM »
Yes good. That's exactly what I would have done myself.

Although I think it does mean that a lot of stall teams just imploded and hyper-aggression might be the only route now...

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #832 on: October 09, 2013, 11:15:58 PM »
...I just got Y because I knew matsy was getting X ;w;

I DON'T EVEN LIKE YVELTAL XERNEAS IS A DEER AND I'M A TYPE-MOON FAN

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #833 on: October 09, 2013, 11:46:41 PM »
Wait, just got? How is everyone getting all these advance copies ;-;

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #834 on: October 10, 2013, 01:15:18 AM »
Wait, just got? How is everyone getting all these advance copies ;-;

I think Chaore meant that he just decided to choose Y. It's only broken date in a couple of places.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #835 on: October 10, 2013, 05:01:45 AM »
Good news everyone!

Looks like Gen 6 won't be 'How many things do we have to ban before rain is balanced?'
HOOOOOOAAHH

WOOOAAAAAAAH

YES

Although I think it does mean that a lot of stall teams just imploded and hyper-aggression might be the only route now...
Not necessarily.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #836 on: October 10, 2013, 05:21:41 AM »
Good news everyone!

This

is

amazing.

Let's just find that Stealth Rock nerf I know must be in here somewhere (and maybe that priority fire move) and we're in great shape. This metagame is going to start very, very interesting.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #837 on: October 10, 2013, 06:00:21 AM »
So has this made MegaCharizard Y worse than X.

e: Also if there isn't a new thread on Saturday when I get back from picking up my pre-order, I'll make a new thread where we can trade friend-codes and post
Spoiler:
Vivillion
trading requests.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:49:05 AM by Bio »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #838 on: October 10, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »
Oh yeah, starters.

I guess I never said who's side I'm on.

#TeamFennekin

Spoiler:
It's final evo is like a Miko or something. At least, Miko's what came into my mind. Not wizard. And yes this is going in the 'you know you're addicted to Touhou' thread after the release.

Also I'm not even sure if I'll use a Gen1 starter. But I'll pick Squirtle.

I have absolutely no clue what my team will wind up being. I just hope the starters are not godawful like in Gen 5 where I would end up BOXING THEM, except for Samuwott because there were like no other water types in B/W [Although Marill was better in B/W2.] Seriously why would you use Snivy or Tepig when there's Lilligant and Darumaka?

What I usually do for my first few playthroughs is go in with no plan of what to get. I just use whatever makes me think 'This is pretty awesome and would be cool to use'.

I therefor often end up with oddballs. My first Crystal playthrough had a Ledian on the final squad [That took out half of Lance's team. Thank you Ice Punch :3], and I recall Platinum had a Vespiquen and a Cherrim, and Black had a Maractus.

As such I'd be shocked if I end up using the Honedge line that everyone else is gonna use.

Because Rain-Boosted STAB Hydro Pumps that would 2HKO Blissey, and pretty much anything not called Ferrothorn/'I have an immunity to water', and Rain-Boosted STAB Scalds that basically 2HKO'ed and burnt everything else were not what was killing Stall. Nope. Totally not.

Let's not get into 100% Accurate Thunders and Hurricanes.

No more perma-rain is a huge scaling back on the power creep.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:23:09 AM by Raikaria »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #839 on: October 10, 2013, 02:51:57 PM »
I'll be late for procuring my copy of Pokemon X due to pressing real-life issues.

The game is set to officially release in a couple of days, and I think those who pre-ordered it may get it earlier.

Have fun everyone!