Author Topic: The Steam Controller  (Read 1745 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
The Steam Controller
« on: October 11, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »
Looks cool if you ask me

If the feedback works as well as they're touting it to, this thing will be great
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: The Steam Controller
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:08:47 PM »
It looks really cool, but I can't see myself using it especially for the likes of FPSes and dota 2. Then again, the only controller I ever really liked was the gamecube one.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 09:19:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's brilliant for FPSes. Values for speed and direction rather than point-to-point tracking is exactly what made other controllers suck balls for shooters when compared to a mouse.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's brilliant for FPSes.
I'm pretty lousy at FPSes anyways. Metroid Prime for the Wii was the only "FPS" series I really liked.

As for the controller itself, I'd have to try it before forming an opinion. The video was helpful, though it seems like he was using the triggers to shoot and interact, instead of the face buttons. I am curious to see how one would actually use those...I'm also surprised that no one pointed out how TINY the controller is, I dunno how the size would affect gameplay.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »
I'm pretty lousy at FPSes anyways. Metroid Prime for the Wii was the only "FPS" series I really liked.

As for the controller itself, I'd have to try it before forming an opinion. The video was helpful, though it seems like he was using the triggers to shoot and interact, instead of the face buttons. I am curious to see how one would actually use those...I'm also surprised that no one pointed out how TINY the controller is, I dunno how the size would affect gameplay.

I will say I did love the Metroid priime controls, the only reason I didn't finish that game was because I couldn't figure out what to do. I should get to finishing it at point.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff