Author Topic: Team Fortress 128  (Read 194530 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: Team Fortress 128
« Reply #600 on: August 16, 2012, 01:52:33 AM »
So I guess another meet is inbound?
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #601 on: August 16, 2012, 01:53:43 AM »
So I guess another meet is inbound?
We should totally have a meet for MvM sometime soon. That would be awesome.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #602 on: August 16, 2012, 01:54:29 AM »
If we can expand the amount of players to play MvM then yes for sure.

For now...*still dl'ing*

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #603 on: August 16, 2012, 02:04:44 AM »
Meets?

If we can expand the amount of players to play MvM then yes for sure.

For now...*still dl'ing on both client and server*

I think US/CA Labour Day weekend will be a good time.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #604 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:04 AM »
Just wondering, but does anyone want this sweet Tour of Duty Ticket I got?

It's uncraftable, of course, but add me if you DO wanna buy it. :V

http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02/

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #605 on: August 16, 2012, 03:47:38 AM »
MvM is far too fun. Had too much of a blast playing it (somehow lucked out). :getdown:

I'm working on putting MvM on our old server (while it still lasts) with password to keep it exclusive. Would do it on the new server, but we'll be leaving that as vanilla for the interim.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:16:01 AM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #606 on: August 16, 2012, 04:35:08 AM »
I can't connect to any of the servers, not MvM or regular multiplayer. I've tried defragging and validating the cache. And I'm just about out of ideas.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2012, 04:47:29 AM »
MvM is far too fun. Had too much of a blast playing it (somehow lucked out). :getdown:

I'm working on putting MvM on our old server (while it still lasts) with password to keep it exclusive. Would do it on the new server, but we'll be leaving that as vanilla for the interim.
I think the new server needs the mvm update because it's now considered vanilla...though do they seperate servers to from normal to pure mvm servers for search now?

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2012, 05:04:07 AM »

And that password is...?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #609 on: August 16, 2012, 05:13:46 AM »
And that password is...?
Everything you need.

I think the new server needs the mvm update because it's now considered vanilla...though do they seperate servers to from normal to pure mvm servers for search now?
The new server was updated but was crashing for a bit because I forgot to update SourceMod too :V

And no, I've seen MvM maps in the regular server list just fine.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:24:15 AM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #610 on: August 16, 2012, 06:54:42 AM »
two things broken; Styles on items do not always display properly (noticed on my bird and my hero's tail), and if you bring up one of the orange side menus it crashes a server. Votemenu, admin command lists, noisemaker menus, all of em instantly crash a server. MvM is pretty good stuff though. Hope to play more in future (with less broken servers and needing to private servers just to play).
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #611 on: August 16, 2012, 10:30:46 AM »
T_T

Internet went out the moment I got on the computer...

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #612 on: August 16, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
T_T

Internet went out the moment I got on the computer...
At least you have a computer :derp:

Dawn of the 6th day: 48 hours remain - Now missing school :V

« Reply #613 on: August 16, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »
Decided to Mann Up and see what that was about. We got to the Phase 7 (final) and just couldn't keep up. 4 tanks, 4 Deflector Heavies, each with 4 Medics in tow. Tons of Pyros, Demos, Spies, and since I was Engie.. Sentry Busters. We were doing fine until our sixth player left. Apparently, Valve needs to figure out a way to rotate in a new player or something when that happens.

This wasn't as bad as what we had earlier on the MotK server, the endless giant Heavies and Scouts.

but still. SO. MUCH. DAMN. FUN.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #614 on: August 16, 2012, 02:51:17 PM »
The endless giant hoovies weren't bad, I was killing a decent amount of them as pyro. :/

But hell, sentry busters.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #615 on: August 16, 2012, 03:01:56 PM »
My major complaint is the inability to form a full party through matchmaking.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #616 on: August 16, 2012, 03:49:07 PM »
My complaint is DAT LINE

And servers should only have a maximum players of six during waiting time, so players won't be moved to spec when the game gets full.

I'm disappointed with the lack of movement speed upgrade, but them upgrades makes my scorch shot DEADLY.  %60 firing speed, increased burn damage, max ammo increase, and 100 Hp on kill. Powerful tool against the minors both in damage and harassment.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #617 on: August 16, 2012, 08:11:46 PM »
Spies are actually a lot better than I expected, especially for taking out certain targets like the medics or even giant machines with the sappers (even sentry busters).

Also, Engie so OP :V

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #618 on: August 16, 2012, 11:04:44 PM »
I would like to extend a huge thank you to whoever set the server up with MvM for us because I probably wouldn't have had as much fun with the update if I couldn't get a respite from the monkeyhouse that is random matchmaking.

Cheers man, I had a great time.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #619 on: August 16, 2012, 11:48:45 PM »
>"If FF2 returns, we got some new stuff to work with! Such as no backstabs, disponsible sentry, etc.

MvM is a great mode, but it could have been made better. We got such on mann wave 5 because we kept getting overran by them fist of steel giants and scout rushes.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #620 on: August 17, 2012, 12:48:10 AM »
I would like to extend a huge thank you to whoever set the server up with MvM for us because I probably wouldn't have had as much fun with the update if I couldn't get a respite from the monkeyhouse that is random matchmaking.
Not a problem :)

Server information update for the weekend and MvM!
Bad command or file name

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #621 on: August 17, 2012, 02:21:42 PM »
I kind of...feel bad about this. But truth is I am getting bored of MvM already, I really feel bad Valve, but it seems my preference over FF2 is unmatched by them bots. :(

« Reply #622 on: August 17, 2012, 02:39:46 PM »
Managed to clear two Mann Up sessions. We would have gotten a third, but our Phlog Pyro abandoned us in the final wave.  :( Regardless, I was playing with a mean group of Aussies. Good stuff.

Each of the final missions is beyond brutal, but that second mission of Decoy is full of pure, liquid FUCK YOU:
3 Tanks
2 Deflector Heavies
26 Medics
Lots of giant (crit) Soldiers and (rapidfire) Demos
Snipers everywhere
and tons of Heavy Mittens that flank you from behind

There was more to the mission, but we couldn't get beyond the second tank with only 5 people. If only there was a way to bring someone in, or have better luck with filling empty slots. I know why this happens and why nobody wants to join games already in progress, but damn. I hate having to abort because someone ragequit.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:45:49 PM by Dr.Strafe »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #623 on: August 17, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »
I started playing again to try out MvM, and a really funny glitch happened in the first game. A bot managed to arm the bomb while we focused on the sentry buster and blew up our base, but the wave didn't reset. Our base was destroyed and the bots brought another bomb, and everytime they got near the base they would insta die when they touched our destroyed base so they could never arm the bomb again. Then the tanks came and managed to reach our base and drop the bomb but nothing happens and the wave continues. We pretty much had three tanks sitting at our base doing nothing while we destroyed them and the bots died as soon as they touched our base. Needless to say, we beat MvM on advanced thanks to this glitch. Its pretty fun, but sometimes it gets boring when it sends just 128 normal scouts 3 at a time.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #624 on: August 17, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »
Managed to clear two Mann Up sessions. We would have gotten a third, but our Phlog Pyro abandoned us in the final wave.  :( Regardless, I was playing with a mean group of Aussies. Good stuff.

Each of the final missions is beyond brutal, but that second mission of Decoy is full of pure, liquid FUCK YOU:
3 Tanks
2 Deflector Heavies
26 Medics
Lots of giant (crit) Soldiers and (rapidfire) Demos
Snipers everywhere
and tons of Heavy Mittens that flank you from behind

Cleared that one today with Heavy-engie-medic-soldier-demo-SCOUT, I was the demo.
Pro scout killing demo-knights, snipers and muffin hoovys.

Do you only win those common items with the tickets?If so, I am highly disappointed.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #625 on: August 17, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »
Found a way to manually invoke the advanced missions on user-hosted MvM servers (like ours) via cvar adjustment. You want things to be harder, just ask. :V

EDIT: Also configured things so that you can vote to change the mission via the in-game 'Call Vote' button in the main menu. Works on both servers.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:25:35 PM by CAVE Johnson LTD. »
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #626 on: August 17, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »
If only there was a way to bring someone in, or have better luck with filling empty slots. I know why this happens and why nobody wants to join games already in progress, but damn. I hate having to abort because someone ragequit.
This. Or at least there should be a mechanism that if there are fewer people, the missions are easier so you can actually win?
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #627 on: August 17, 2012, 08:20:59 PM »
I kind of...feel bad about this. But truth is I am getting bored of MvM already, I really feel bad Valve, but it seems my preference over FF2 is unmatched by them bots. :(
From what I hear FF2 is broken for the time being mostly because of the sound cache being much more heavily used for MvM robot sounds while the max cache size remains unchanged.

Or at least there should be a mechanism that if there are fewer people, the missions are easier so you can actually win?
That would be very helpful, yeah. As it stands now the only real assist would be to give players more money, and that involves SM (which not everyone is willing to setup) as well as active staffers to give said money.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #628 on: August 17, 2012, 09:43:25 PM »
Do you only win those common items with the tickets?If so, I am highly disappointed.
Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about that, myself. After we completed the first mission, we had two players that brought supply tickets. So, everybody got three items for completing the mission. Everybody got only standard junk, except one guy got a Bolted Bushman. Upon completing the second mission, again mostly junk was distributed. Other players got the new sapper and a Dead Cone.. but not me who brought the damn ticket in the first place.

If anything, they need to restructure the prize winning side of it. It sucks to buy a supply ticket and have someone else (with no ticket) get all the good stuff. Although this is a team endeavor, this isn't any less annoying.

I've read that if you complete a full tour (all six missions) then you get a Strange Botkiller weapon. There is a normal one and a gold one of each of those, and I guess chance dictates which one you get. At least that prize seems guaranteed, perhaps without needing the supply ticket. You just need to go through hell first. :V

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #629 on: August 18, 2012, 03:17:18 PM »
Is Steam down for anyone else? I don't see any maintenance going on, but everyone else seems to be fine.

Nevermind, it was maintenance. And it's back up
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:21:07 PM by Kyo Tanaka »