Author Topic: How Many Bloody Bad Ends Are There? triangles VS Virtue's Last Reward  (Read 2884 times)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
As to avoid turning the WAT U PLAYING? thread into me basically blogging my adventures through this game and my crazy theories and getting mad at whatever dumbass bad end I get why not dump it in its own thread?  Since it's a 3DS game I don't really know how to turn it into a ~Let's Play~ with any sort of practicality, and it's my first time playing so like hell I'm going to be searching online for any screenshots or video clips and risk some jackass spoiling something in the title of the video or whatever.

That being the case, I'm not sure how to do this minus spoiler blocking pretty much everything - should I just neglect it if it's something I've already seen?  I guess I'll just avoid the really crazy stuff, the things not too much more than in a spoiler free walkthrough or you get early on in multiple routes I won't hold back about 999 spoilers though, but if you haven't played that game I don't know why you're in this thread :V  It'd be cool if there's a "blank" flowchart that I can fill in with dates or something as I go so anyone coming in can see where I am and where they can safely read if they happen to be playing now too but again with the not Googling this stuff.

Regardless if you haven't beaten the game READ AT YOUR OWN RISK I'll do what I can but I might miss something I feel is not huge or I goof a tag or something....
I'll just start talking about what I have seen to in the order I've done it:

Lock 4: There isn't enough
Spoiler:
medication
(Cyan -> Ally -> Blue)[/b]
- No bombs in the bracelet just
Spoiler:
bombs under the bed
in the room I went bananas searching because I completely missed a drawer or something oh boy!  At least the back of the envelope approximation Alice gives is good, my college degree is useful!
- First real "proof" we're going to be LARPing Groundhog Day and I'm probably Bill Murray :V
- I do like the garden room but here we go with me getting the "hard" puzzle nuts and bolts fast and going bonkers trying to figure the easy implementation :fail:  This will be a repeating theme let me tell you because I am bad with arithmetic!  I still think the Crew Quarters one was BS for the file though.
- Man sucks for Quark he gets
Spoiler:
da plague
which I think is what causes him to take a one way trip to
Spoiler:
crazytown choo choo
- Oh no Alice!  Except I don't believe that you aren't All-Ice so that should fix you up faster right?  Or at least put your problems on ice DOHOHOHO
- What no just pick one why I get a TO BE CONTINUED here?  Mega-lame.  Also let's go break open that gravestone maybe there's another
Spoiler:
medicine vial
in there or something otherwise useful.

Directors Office - Solve The Mystery Of The
Spoiler:
Two Headed Lion
  (Magenta -> Ally -> Green -> Ally)[/b]
- Hey I saw a single
Spoiler:
lion head
in the fountain in the garden room
- uh oh another dead body  :ohdear:
- Quaaaaark.  I get the feeling this going to be a reoccuring trend.
- ROBOT BEEP BOOP.  Ties into more 999 shenanigans at least but noooo come back :(
- SO
Spoiler:
WHO IS OUR ROBOT :O
  Too obvious for it to be K but hey ~who knows~  Maybe Quark since Gramps was all "lol normal elementary student"
- Dio stop being a butt.
- Doesn't look so good for Alice in these things either huh?
- Room shuffling?  Given how much wizardy goes into these mystery setups (if 999 is any indicator) it doesn't seem like any sort of substantial evidence when shit can just get handwaved explained anyway.
- Man this body count just keeps going up and up
- Ugh now here's another puzzle where I had the right answers from the start I just kept putting them in the wrong spots so it made me 2nd/3rd/18th guess myself argh
- Uh oh in the security room I go down do I have the crazyflu now?
- Welp got no clue what the ID/PW are here's a non-standard Game Over it looks like :(

Clover Ending - THERE SHE GOES AGAIN (Yellow -> Betray -> Green -> Ally )
- Oh ok let's just shove everyone into the pods ala Ever17 I knew I played this game before... BUT WHO WAS IN THERE FIRST :O
- About time they explain Clover/Alice beyond "welp the producers didn't feel like coherently wrapping up the plot of the last game let's roll with further into (you guessed it) crazytown"
-Why yes Sigma
Spoiler:
suicide
is clearly the correct option when you walk into a room and
Spoiler:
everyone else apparently beat you to it!
except Clover who waltzes out with the
Spoiler:
injection cure
but hey I guess that's why it's her ending YEAH LIKE 999 GG. Stupid crazyflu.

I had gotten some more endings but I lost the text file I was keeping my notes in with a reboot oops, I'll have to go back and fastforward to refresh my memory on the details but that speed hurts my brain so maybe another day.  I had gotten Lock 8 -
Spoiler:
Phidooo
That's Mean What I Do Now? Dio Ending - Well Now I Know Why You're a Jerk and
Spoiler:
ps absolutely not convinced we're on Earth since you shouldn't need a pressure suit anywhere that's not in the ocean on our planet and the red moon is maybe really Mars?
but I need more playthroughs to flesh out my wonky theory but I have
Spoiler:
a bomb code I don't know how to use
now at least) and Bad End - Thanks
Spoiler:
Potassium
I Saw It Coming But Why Are You A Jerk Now Too :(

Overall theories/ramblings/wild guesses...
- Quark is
Spoiler:
also one of the clones
that Dio was yapping about.  Same
Spoiler:
hair color and whatnot
If Gramps is in on the whole
Spoiler:
cult shenanigans
in some way this works too.
- K is Seven hey he's got the right build but who knows what's under that suit.
- Luna most definitely is hiding something, maybe she was involved in making/spreading/??? the crazyflu.
- So I've run into
Spoiler:
Bombs #1 and #3
and know how to get rid of
Spoiler:
#zero
if I can find it.  And it looks like from my flashbacks (futurebacks?) I should screw that up at least once oh boy looking forward to that ending :V
- Sigma and Phi are not named by coincidence.  If my crying over my homework in college means anything, we use phi for probability functions and wave phases... like a certain wave-particle duality they talked about....  Sigma is of course a summation of everything and standard deviation (more probability things) so it makes sense that they're the only ones
Spoiler:
seeming to be aware of what's going on in terms of time loops and bopping around and how changing one thing changes another result HEY THIS SOUNDS LIKE MY QUANTUM CLASS
(as I totally went back and changed ally -> betray based on what I learned last time and WHOOPS it changed and Sigma noted such in the game of my intentions)

WELP BACK I GO for maybe more crazy deaths oh boy!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: How Many Bloody Bad Ends Are There? triangles VS Virtue's Last Reward
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:02:37 PM »
*Casually stalks this topic*

The theories are the especially interesting part to me, of course~ :3c

triangles

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:09:30 PM »
Well know that I know someone else is reading this, I got two more "actual" endings to come up with moon theories about!!  I might also be mixing in information with some of the bad/dead ends I got along the way since I did a looooot of jumping around and didn't do things with any real rhyme or reason.

K Ending
- K's
Spoiler:
face is me - so I'm going with us being the robots beepboop
Doesn't affect my
Spoiler:
clone
theory so there's that. The only hitch to this one is all the
Spoiler:
blood
in Clover's ending but the stuff my robobuddy talked about would explain that.
- He
Spoiler:
grew up here so he could be a bot,
or if this was the
Spoiler:
crazyflu lab or ground zero
involved in that as well.  Why not both :V
- Maybe Granny came from the future to
Spoiler:
insure the creation of crazyflu OR hiding the cure in the facility
If we can send information now maybe in X years we can send people and things!!! That would explain the age, hell maybe she's future Phi :V
- Granny got aced because she either would
Spoiler:
recognize one of the 9 (K, so he was put in the suit)
, or was
Spoiler:
supposed to be in the game but someone switched her out
so they could troll it for ??? I got nothing so far on that.  Dio and Clover/Alice definitely have some reason(ish) now to be here "willingly" enough.

Tenmyouji Ending
- Oh hey Quark nice to see you again hooray!
- Also good that we have one less
Spoiler:
murder wrt Alice
and I beat that plot lock without needing to go back!
- Aha so my guess about
Spoiler:
Mars being a plot point
did show up, though not how I would have guessed.  The timing of things is all screwy, especially with regards to
Spoiler:
when the cure came out as in one of the secret files... a good 9 years in the "future" ohoho
that I saw from the lab. 
- Oh right I did that bad end and Dio once again is a jerkbutt surprise surprise and
Spoiler:
smashed the cure so Quark gonna die also all of us
this is what I get for trying to keep him from running away.
- Hard to tell, but I'm voting either Phi or Alice
Spoiler:
being the voice heard on the recording
There wasn't another name mentioned in the credits for that ending unlike the male voice soooooo :V
- Holy crap I thought the photo
Spoiler:
was Granny but it's Akane ohhhh snap
  But what if that's not mutually exclusive :o  Years don't line up but that's kinda a reoccuring theme.
- Well hello there
Spoiler:
Zero hologram
looking kind of old but with all the time shenanigans that's not really an indicator for or against identity theories.
- I have the
Spoiler:
bomb 1
code and I jump back to where I ran into it but I can't see a way to put it in GOOD JOB IF WE DIE FROM THAT DON'T BLAME ME.
- Quark being
Spoiler:
an orphan
strengthens my
Spoiler:
clone theory...

Welp so there we go.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 03:13:04 PM »
all my silly wide grins, mostly because ofthe things you're wrong about but also the things where you are so close...

Good job catching the recording voice thing though.  You're right, it IS one of the cast members - I'll tell you who when you're done though.

triangles

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 08:15:30 PM »
Ok so I got a few more endings, I think I'm just missing the really big plot drop Big Kahuna Ones.  I don't have my 3DS handy so I can't double check, but I got the Alice and Sigma endings along with some more locks (What's the
Spoiler:
two headed lion password
and I need more
Spoiler:
bomb knowledge
.  So you know what time it is... more silly plot speculation!!!!!!  In approximate order of logical (lol) progression....

When is the game? -
Spoiler:
9 years in the future!
  That's why we even have the
Spoiler:
crazyflu antidote
floating around otherwise it's just impossible to swing.  So the overall plot of the game is to get knowledge of that
Spoiler:
back to or right before the Mars simulation ruins everything

Where is the game? -
Spoiler:
Not Earth
I mean c'mon
Spoiler:
pressure suits to "keep out the crazyflu" because there's a 1atm difference?  Yeah no.
  Because we're
Spoiler:
9 years ahead of schedule
I think we're looking at
Spoiler:
Mars not the lunar eclipse
in the Dio ending, putting us on
Spoiler:
Phobos or Deimos?
  Kind of a long shot but hey that's what this game is all about :V

Dio - sorry he's just a jerkbag I mean maybe he gets a redemption arc but I'm not sure how that's even possible so whatever we need a villain so
Spoiler:
he isn't Zero.
because. that's not how nonary games roll.

Quark - Still going with
Spoiler:
he's a Dio/Left clone - Dio mentions slight differences so that's eye color.
  Going back, I realized his crazyflu ramblings were taking about
Spoiler:
making sure his soul could be free and such rather than Alice's OH GOD EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE AHHHH
which jives with
Spoiler:
Free The Soul
preeeeeeetty clearly.  I don't know if it was a coincidence or planned that he wound up with Tenmyouji (probably planned given how messy everything gets) but I think he was definitely
Spoiler:
sent to the nonary game on purpose to act as a sleeper agent/backup in case Dio fails

Granny -
Spoiler:
definitely has to be Akane
since Tenmyouji was really sad when she was found dead.  I suspect she's
Spoiler:
behind this whole mess again because who else would even know to do a Zero thing otherwise?  Clover is probably all fuck this noise don't want this stuff again (again), Junpei should be really pissed at Akane for not really having a whole lot of regard for people in orchestrating 999 so I'm sure he won't risk killing people for ~a greater good~ or whatever.  Even if he was stupid puppy love over her.
  She might
Spoiler:
be Zero as to keep Zero III's proclamation in the beginning true since she doesn't die in the 3rd set of storylines.
  That means she WAS
Spoiler:
suppose to be in the game to I dunno babysit
and
Spoiler:
Dio
figured forget that noise and
Spoiler:
saw an opportunity to go in and do his evil cult things
and here we are.

Tenmyouji -
Spoiler:
Given the above, is Junpei
that's the only thing that makes sense with the photo.  Since he knows about the
Spoiler:
Mars mission he is probably one of the 3 survivors and picked up Quark along the way.
  Something happened to
Spoiler:
age him and Akane rapidly
and separate so he didn't automatically know she was going to be present at all.

Clover - Going to take her at face value, really.  I really don't think she would
Spoiler:
willingly go along with whatever convoluted plan Zero cooked up
  Same with Alice, minus one little detail...

Luna - she's got medical training but never admits to being a doctor or a nurse sooooooooo my theory is
Spoiler:
she was involved in the development of the artificial tissue for the robots so of course she can use that equipment.
  As to why she's here and knows details about the crazyflu she "shouldn't" well I got a theory for that too....

K -
Spoiler:
Since Sigma is part bot with robotic arms,
I wonder if in that whole mess he was used as
Spoiler:
the prototype for the K-generation of bots with living tissue, based off the arms they took off Sigma
so that's why they
Spoiler:
have the same face - same DNA!
Seems a little extreme but again abandon all subtly with the nonary game.   So by that logic yes he did
Spoiler:
grow up in the lab the whole time, just had accelerated growth so he could be adult sized
when the game began.  So then
Spoiler:
Granny was around prior to the game in preparation so that's how they met.
If he wasn't
Spoiler:
in the suit Sigma would freak out
and who knows how badly that'd mess things up.

Phi - we know the least about her and Luna at this point so
Spoiler:
they're probably in cahoots somehow especially since I'm voting Phi not Alice was in the Mars sim.
  I'm going to assume her reason for taking part is
Spoiler:
her aptitude with the morphic field/whatever wacky psychic powers they're chalking things up to.  That sure would be handy to have on a mission to Mars when regular communication would periodically get cut off no?

Sigma - he's a grad student in biochemistry.  He too is picked up for this mess for the
Spoiler:
same time jumpy things
going on all game.

Where did crazyflu come from? -
Spoiler:
Free The Soul got wind of the ABT thing Luna (and Alice's dad, I think) was working on and somehow, with cooperation with Cradle Pharmaceutics (oh snap) made a virus and found out it would incubate and mutate in ABT 1.0 to something that'd wreck the rest of us.
  One of the golden files talked about
Spoiler:
the 3 laws of robotics and the 0th, and how "016" obeyed the 0th, so if Free The Soul somehow convinced this bot that sending out the plague was "for the greater good of humanity" well there we go.

So Then What? -
Spoiler:
Junpei and Phi were in the base and lived, I haven't decided if Luna was there or not.  Luna and/or Phi (probably Luna)  via connections to Cradle heard about how Akane could bork around with the past and went to her for help, or maybe Akane just figured this would be a better use of her insane planning than 999's game to just save her.  So Akane does her behind the scenes wizardry to set everything up again, and knows from whatever messed up causality breaking garbage from Junpei being in the 3rd game that they have an antidote by then so that's why he had to participate in again because "cause and effect" have no place in this game and he has to be there!

Spoiler:
Sigma is identified as an esper and someone who has the bio-chemistry background to be able to replicate the medication back in the past if he can get the formula, something something Phi being in the base sim that's important somehow I dunno, Luna doesn't have the esper ability otherwise she could do it.   Meanwhile for Luna to study crazyflu to get a cure and work on Robot ABT 2.0 they choose Sigma as the basis since oh man if they could get robots with a central brain to be also able to go beyond time and space to transmit data that'd be awesome and for some dumb reason they decide to take both his arms for his biological data because this game doesn't like to make sense sometimes, which is why K bled normally and not white in Clover's ending.

Who were in the
Spoiler:
3 pods? - Sigma, Phi, and Clover.  Luna looks like she could be in her 30s with how Japan draws adults so she would have been a grad student during the Mars simulation, and also she needed to be out to work on stuff for the next 9 years.  Alice is ALL-ICE (no I'm not giving up on that) so they could just stick her in a fridge for 10 minutes and BAM no need for a fancy cryopod :V
[/b]

Who is Zero? -
Spoiler:
Still Akane and Santa masterminding everything once again.  Though the holograph looked kind of like Snake with the clothing if so he's in on this THAT'S why - he wanted to make sure Clover didn't get crazyflu and protect her from dying

THINGS I STILL GOT NOTHING FOR:
-
Spoiler:
Akane and Junpei's ages - maybe a failed bio something something experiment to come up with a cure?  Had to be soon after the disaster so Quark would have enough time with "Grandpa"
- Why everything went down with the crazyflu WHERE it did, maybe just an excuse to
Spoiler:
tie everything back to the Nevada desert where this all took place before.
- Timing of Sigma's
Spoiler:
operation to lose his arms
compared to when
Spoiler:
gets frozen and all[ and then when
the nonary game start.  He got gassed BEFORE New Year's Eve, so what the hell I'll just blame
Spoiler:
Akane bouncing back in time with Junpei as a layover info dumper or something
to prepare whatever this is probably where we go to crazytown choo choo.  Same with Alice and Clover really though that could have just been a "coincidence" that
Spoiler:
Free The Soul kidnapped them and then they somehow wound up in the nonary game too, but it was really Zero(es) preparing for this somehow behind the scenes and stole their drugged out bodies and threw them in the cryopods?  This is too weird for me to figure out

Holy crap I spent longer on that then I should have probably :V :V :V