Author Topic: Open TTD  (Read 2768 times)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
Open TTD
« on: March 17, 2013, 06:52:19 PM »
In other words, Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe, a game about transporting.

I like that someone made the effort to make the game, and the mods, and stuff... It's like my childhood v2.0. I have learned how to make actual train stations with many trains going in and out. Anyone plays this game from here?

AnonymousPondScum

Re: Open TTD
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 02:52:53 AM »
I downloaded it since it is free.

Man. That ancient color palette. Makes me feel like it's my childhood all over again.

Now to figure out how to actually play it. :V

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 02:57:49 AM »
Been playing this on and off since roughly 2007-08, it's a fun business management game.

I wish I was better at setting up signals on rail lines though, it seems that the big part of the skill curve is making complex rail lines that can support multiple trains at once.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:59:36 AM »
I wish I was better at setting up signals on rail lines though, it seems that the big part of the skill curve is making complex rail lines that can support multiple trains at once.
Well there are tutorials on how they work, and it's more about making them as large as possible, and then working with entrances and exits that the train would pass the station as fastest speed possible, so that other train don't clog the station. It's possible to have multiple trains running one track, but sending multiple trains into one track seems to work for me, as longest if you don't build like 20 trains per connection, then it's would be a problem, probably solved having multiple entrances and exits (That are not connected with each other) into one giant station.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:41:33 PM »
Pretty fun game. Would play this and the similar Simutrans quite a lot.

Never was too good at it or other simulation games, but I did enjoy trying. :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 07:55:59 AM »
Oh man, do I have many many hours logged on this game over the years. Good times.

I was a real bastard toward the AI opponents. I'd sabotage their companies by isolating their road vehicles, prohibiting them from ever making deliveries or getting repairs, as well as sending a cheap steam train on a collision course with their most profitable train lines. As for the companies that would survive my espionage... I'd just buy 'em out. :V

Good fuckin' times.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:58:07 AM by Dr.Strafe »

redlakitu

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »
Pretty fun game. Would play this and the similar Simutrans quite a lot.

Never was too good at it or other simulation games, but I did enjoy trying. :V
Same here, except I used to play the original Transport Tycoon as a kid. I loved all those tiny vehicles and UFO events. Watching the computer build a convoluted railway only to demolish it all and start over was amusing, too. The very existence of OpenTTD makes me happy.