Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222509 times)

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #600 on: April 16, 2012, 12:42:22 AM »
I don't really see the need for these to be put in the game. Any player with a decent perspective of the game can notice the allied player pointing out where the sentry is or when an enemy is approaching when using the proper command voice. They woud just make the game more visually polluted, imo (since I, myself, use the commands quite a lot just to hear the characters' voice).
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #601 on: April 16, 2012, 12:52:31 AM »
That should be fairly possible. Let's revive the format of the first two meets! :getdown:
Next week, when I don't have exams, let's do it next Sunday, let's do it. I wanna see how well we do against randoms :V [MotK] clan GO

« Reply #602 on: April 16, 2012, 01:30:28 AM »
MotK clan? Why do I suddenly think that everyone will don pseudonyms from Touhou characters? :V If so, I'm totally calling dibs on Patchouli. :getdown:

As for the Engineer icons, they're pretty cool. I don't mind if they were added to the game, but they're clearly not necessary. It will just attract more instances of POOTIS. A Spy icon, on the other hand, would be very useful. I cannot tell you how many times I'm calling "Spy", only to be ignored and then everyone gets stabbed anyway.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #603 on: April 16, 2012, 01:45:25 AM »
[MotK] clan GO
Several players have already tried this idea, actually, but as for making a full-out clan? I doubt it.

Why do I suddenly think that everyone will don pseudonyms from Touhou characters? :V If so, I'm totally calling dibs on Patchouli. :getdown:
All of a sudden I'm thinking about putting the Model Changer plugin on our server to do just that, but considering my current plans on what to do with the Touhou Fortress models it may cause identification issues.

It will just attract more instances of POOTIS.
Just a reminder that this is how one removes POOTIS.

A Spy icon, on the other hand, would be very useful. I cannot tell you how many times I'm calling "Spy", only to be ignored and then everyone gets stabbed anyway.
Damnit, now everyone and their dog can tell when Spies are around!

...this addon has a good premise, though, especially on servers which don't show voice commands in chat.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #604 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
Why do I suddenly think that everyone will don pseudonyms from Touhou characters? :V
Already been done. :smugdog:

And I would love the bubbles just to make spamming "needa teleporta hee-a" that much more enjoyable.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #605 on: April 16, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »
Already been done. :smugdog:

And I would love the bubbles just to make spamming "needa teleporta hee-a" that much more enjoyable.

Only if you can toggle them on and off, then. Last thing I wanna see is a bajillion bubbles floating around through walls just because everyone is screaming about sentry turrets and POOTIS when I'm trying to set up an Engie nest :C

« Reply #606 on: April 16, 2012, 08:01:29 PM »
MotK clan? Why do I suddenly think that everyone will don pseudonyms from Touhou characters? :V If so, I'm totally calling dibs on Patchouli. :getdown:

Aya is mine.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=21838&searchtext=

Please upvote this. This needs to be added to the game.

As if people needed more reason to spam need a dispenser here while I'm playing engie.

Edit: Well, we just had an awesome time. Shady and I were both pocket Medics for Alpha. He'd go nuts as Engineer brandishing only the Lugermorph with the occasional Kritz or Uber. So much damn fun. AND we carried the entire team :V

Oh boy, this. Kritzed and ubered Engineer is a scary thing, regardless of the enemy skill level. The amount of reserve ammo you have for your pistol as engie is insanely good.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #607 on: April 16, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »
Oh boy, this. Kritzed and ubered Engineer is a scary thing, regardless of the enemy skill level.
Nothing a demoman or soldier couldn't do better.

Kritzed engineer with the Widowmaker is where the fun is at if you're looking for some lulz.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #608 on: April 16, 2012, 08:32:57 PM »
Kritzed engineer with the Widowmaker is where the fun is at if you're looking for some lulz.
Was just gonna say this.  No downtime.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #609 on: April 16, 2012, 08:40:16 PM »
Nothing a demoman or soldier couldn't do better.

Demoman is your best bet for kritz, due to the insane damage output of your stickylauncher, easily hitting 300 damage per sticky.

Widowmaker is good for kritz, but I don't have one/didn't have one at the time.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2012, 03:33:42 AM »
Wouldn't a Quick Fix be a good replacement for the regular Medi-gun if you have a devoted Kritz medic? As long as the Kritzkrieg is still trained on the same target, you can still overheal, and the Quick-Fix will allow you to take objectives and whatnot without being locked out because of Medi-gun Invulnerability. Still leaves you open to Sniper headshots and Spy backstabs, but then again, the Kritz medic is already in that boat to begin with.

« Reply #611 on: April 17, 2012, 04:04:56 AM »
I'd say that a Quick Fix / Kritzkrieg setup would work only if the QF can maintain the Kritz's overheal. Much like how you can overheal someone at a Dispenser, and the Dispenser keeps them at 150% life as long as they don't leave its range. I do this to Engineers all the time. Not sure if this would work with the two mediguns working together, but that's my thought on it.

Personally, I liked the default Medigun / Kritz setup that we did earlier. Sure, there are less invulnerable moments, but they're worth it when they do happen.

Afterthought Edit: Y'know, I don't think that the QF will keep an overheal after all. Well, I'm sure that it could maintain the overheal until damage is done to the patient.  :derp:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:20:06 AM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #612 on: April 17, 2012, 04:19:54 AM »
QF + Kritz can work but I think it's not that good of a combination. Both mediguns are suited for secondary Medics IMO, ideal for adding extra support to a normal Ubered pair's offence/defence.

However, QF with normal ?ber can be useful. Using both on the same target isn't a good idea unlike with Kritz - instead, heal someone else who will be supporting the charge, preferably one who's flanking the enemies as well.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #613 on: April 17, 2012, 11:45:25 PM »
The default medigun is a lot better when it comes to pocketing, or even team healing a lot of the time. The ubercharge with Quick Fix is meant for group healing when there are a large amount of people requiring a large amount of healing before they die. Using it for pushing almost always ends in tragedy.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #614 on: April 18, 2012, 12:52:59 AM »
I've always just ended up staying with the standard Medigun. Most uncoordinated players will just rush in under the effects of Kritz and promptly get cut down by a sentry or forget all about me and let me get killed. I've used the Quick-Fix even less, but that's just because I always keep the whole team overhealed as much as possible while I'm either building uber or pushing.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #615 on: April 18, 2012, 01:14:45 AM »
I've noticed something since today's patch...

I was training my pyro rocket jumps on Walkway so I did a huge negative hurtme in console. When my HP was above my class limit, it was rolling down much, MUCH faster than this morning.

This might be a problem for Saxton Hale servers...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #616 on: April 18, 2012, 01:22:33 AM »
This might be a problem for Saxton Hale servers...
This patch is a major issue for Hale, indeed. Most VSH and FF2 servers are down for now as a result.

The few that are still up report problems such as:
 - Rage not working at all (BIG one)
 - Crit-boosted weapons lack crits, including all melee weapons. Taunt Crits seems to fail too, but Ubers are fine
 - Jarate works on Hale in the vanilla fashion (what is this, the Oct 2010 version?)
 - Medics don't get 30-35% Uber after an Ubercharge (might be the server I was on though)
 - Damage indicators don't always appear (more often they don't)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:24:37 AM by デモパン Hat Traders »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #617 on: April 18, 2012, 02:06:22 AM »
I kinda like the Quick Fix, however it is completely outclassed by the other two mediguns. I'll use whatever I think is needed for the situation at hand. That goes for all classes, really..

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #618 on: April 18, 2012, 02:57:45 AM »
The update actually broke SourceMod (and possibly MetaMod:Source) hard.

Even the ESEA Invite (pro North-American league, for those who don't follow comp) matches tonight can't be played because their server plugins are broken.
SourceTV is broken. And that's not even a plugin. It exists since the Half-Life 1 engine (GoldSource) era as HLTV.

Everything besides vanilla (and DM) seems to be dead until a SourceMod fix.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #619 on: April 18, 2012, 04:40:25 AM »
Yeah, the pony server I usually hang out on lost most of its plugins, save for text sfx and music. Hopefully there'll be a fix soon.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #620 on: April 18, 2012, 09:48:44 AM »
I kinda like the Quick Fix, however it is completely outclassed by the other two mediguns. I'll use whatever I think is needed for the situation at hand. That goes for all classes, really..

I enjoy the Quick Fix, as well, because there really isn't anything quite like making a super-mobile Scout also durable by letting him tether his pocket Medic around.

But what I meant was specifically in the context of having a Kritz Medic and you on another teammate at the same time. Since you can't double over-heal, and the Kritzkrieg can overheal while the Quick Fix cannot, wouldn't it be smarter to use the Quick Fix's faster healing rate to top off the teammate if the overheal should wear off? The Uber isn't nearly as useful as a regular Medigun, of course, and the Quick Fix's null-bullet shove Uber would really only be situationally useful (say, storming an Engineer nest while the Kritz uber is going... splash explosion crits to kill the Engy while being able to steadily aim against the Sentry Turret) whereas a vanilla Uber is useful in any kind of panic 'oh shit we're being jumped by six people all of a sudden' manner.

« Reply #621 on: April 18, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
I think that if you're going to forgo the Ubercharge in a twin Pocket Medic setup, then 2 Kritzkriegs would be a wiser investment. Having a Quick Fix in there is nice, but the Kritz will be the only gun in charge of overheal. The QF Medic would probably be focused on keeping the Kritz Medic alive, as he will likely be the biggest target... until a Sniper, Spy, crocket or crit sticky ruins the party. :V

Now, the Quick Fix Ubercharge should be able to keep your target alive if they're battling a sentry head-on, but they had better destroy that thing within those 8 seconds. Other than that, Quick Fix just isn't a practical gun to use while pocketing. Well, you have a good point on being towed in by a Scout.. that is until they start jumping over walls and such.

I use Quick Fix whenever I play Battle Medic, just to help keep the team alive in between firefights. (and to shut them up quicker) Personally, I dislike pocketing. I'd rather try to keep everyone in the fight. Unfortunately, people seem to get more reckless if there's a Medic on duty.  :derp:

Do whatever works for you, as long as the team wins the map. :V

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #622 on: April 18, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »
I like the QF, but I usually play medic only when the team really needs an uber to make a push, so I rarely get the chances to use it.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #623 on: April 18, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »
I like the kritzkreig myself out of the choice of the 3 mediguns, but the standard suits my (very) reckless medic playstyle so much more on account of me being able to just pop uber, and then run like hell if it looks like a scuffle is running down hill (AKA; when Mr.Missles pops in and tries blowing my parade up like a firework (which it kinda is if I had an uber prepped)).
Quote from: TF2 Wiki April 17, 2012
Dispensers, Payload carts and the Quick-Fix no longer maintain overheal
Updated the Spy-cicle to extinguish fire when drawn and giving direct fire immunity for two seconds, but no longer giving afterburn immunity
Well apparently the quick-fix could maintain overheal, yet now it cannot. That spycicle debuff is gonna make many pyro players throw their arms up in joy at least (like maybe Exuro).
EDIT: Scratch that, update today apparently made the QF maintain overheal again and made spies fireproof once more. GDI Valve... (in regards to the spycicle)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:25:30 PM by Zeroxes »
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #624 on: April 18, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »
New update

• Fixed a server crash caused by the Loch-n-Load
  • Fixed the Spy-cicle's fireproof attribute not working
  • Fixed the Quick-Fix's 'immunity to movement-impairing effects' attribute not being honored by the Pyro's airblast
  • Fixed the Quick-Fix not maintaining overhealed health
  • Fixed health drain happening faster for players with health above the normal overheal amount for their class
  • Fixed unusual particle effects not displaying correctly for the Pyro's Head Warmer
  • Updated the Black Rose so it can be traded
  • Updated the Ghastly Gibus
    • Added LODs for all classes
    • Fixed the position on the Sniper
  • Updated the vote system
    • Vote caller history is now tracked by SteamID to prevent vote cooldown exploits
    • Fixed players being able to disconnect before a successful kickvote to avoid being banned

So now we can't airblast Quick-Fix medics. Discuss.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #625 on: April 18, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »
I'll just blow away the person he's healing then :V

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #626 on: April 18, 2012, 11:24:42 PM »
  • Updated the Black Rose so it can be traded
must get one

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #627 on: April 18, 2012, 11:50:18 PM »
I'll just blow away the person he's healing then :V
Both the medic and the person they are healing are immune to being airblasted :V
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #628 on: April 19, 2012, 12:00:53 AM »
Both the medic and the person they are healing are immune to being airblasted :V
Ah

Welp, time to use the axetinguisher more :V

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #629 on: April 19, 2012, 01:12:04 AM »
Ah

Welp, time to use the axetinguisher more :V
I approve of this. :V

And I honestly don't mind the Spy-cicle at all. Gives Spies less of a chance to facestab me, and I can always hear the sound of their weapon melting in the first place.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]